3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Discussion Thread - Master Quest Included!

I was going to pass on this, but since it's got the Master Quest I'll be grabbing it. As long as it's available from the start-up like the Gamecube version.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Ohhhh indeed. I just went through LoZ:OoT not too long ago.

Can't wait for this re-up. inFamous 2 the same day too. Jeez[/QUOTE]

Has this been confirmed for 6/7? If so, great news. I look forward to replaying this classic.

This was already mentioned in the 3DS thread but since this is the official thread of it, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time releasing June 19th. June 19th will also be the day I pick up a 3DS. :D:3ds:

Yeah, the press release today confirmed the June 19th release date and the inclusion of Master Quest.

A June 19 launch date has been set for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, a re-mastered edition of one of the most acclaimed installments in The Legend of Zelda series, created exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D brings a completely re-mastered version of an epic entry in the beloved The Legend of Zelda game series to Nintendo’s newest hand-held system, Nintendo 3DS. The game couples phenomenally enhanced graphics with stunning, glasses-free 3D visuals to bring to life the daring adventures of its hero, Link™. A streamlined touch-screen interface and newly implemented motion controls provide a fresh and intuitive feel as players immerse themselves in the tale of the creation of Hyrule and the struggle for control of its all-powerful ancient relic. The game will also feature new challenges not included in the original game. The Legend of Zelda veterans can look forward to the Master Quest – a second quest with revamped puzzles and redesigned dungeons that feature the same graphical and interface upgrades as the main game. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a masterful improvement on one of the landmark releases in video game history.
Plus the box art:
16iwm5y.jpg

Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it.

If I say it enough times maybe I'll start to believe it.

[quote name='Javery']Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it. Still not worth it.

If I say it enough times maybe I'll start to believe it.[/QUOTE]
Oh you know it is.

The only thing now is I hope for a bundle. Oh God, a Zelda 3DS... my Zelda DS Lite and 3DS could kiss and mate and make little Zelda Game Boy Micros or something.

I am going to see if I can hold out until Buy 2 Get 1 Free. That or someone offer $15-20 gaming credit

I think they should do a gold cart for this game. For old times sakes :lol:

Either way excited to play this game with new graphics and in 3D. I realized that Nintendo has me by the balls when it comes to these 3D remakes, but what can I say when I am re buying quality.

So the only changes for now are:

3D effect
Touch Screen inventory
"motion controls"
Master Quest
(I assume "The game will also feature new challenges not included in the original game." refers to Master Quest)

I was really hoping they'd add something ala Super Mario 64 DS. Maybe they're just not announcing all the details yet (I hope)

I do look forward to this 3DS remake. It'd be neat to see what chasing the darn gravedigger thru those underground tunnels would look like in 3D, if implemented. Just one of many scenes I could think of and want to see in 3D.

I'll get it day one. Bought the N64 version at launch and never finished it. I've started over like 10 times, but always quit before the end. My latest playthough has me at the desert temple. Farthest I've gotten in the game so far.

[quote name='Zmonkay']So the only changes for now are:

3D effect
Touch Screen inventory
"motion controls"
Master Quest
(I assume "The game will also feature new challenges not included in the original game." refers to Master Quest)

I was really hoping they'd add something ala Super Mario 64 DS. Maybe they're just not announcing all the details yet (I hope)[/QUOTE]
The graphics are improved.

Well I knew it wouldn't but I hoped it would. My amazon credit from buying the 3DS and pilot wings won't take when I Pre ordered today. I may try calling and see if the awesome service comes to my aid again.

Excellent, a little over 2 months from now. That should probably be around when I'm getting bored with Pilot Wings, Ridge Racer, and Ghost Recon.

Preordered this afternoon using my $15 credit from MLB 2k11. Would love if they added a promo credit to this and gave it free release day shipping.

[quote name='jza1218']Preordered this afternoon using my $15 credit from MLB 2k11. Would love if they added a promo credit to this and gave it free release day shipping.[/QUOTE]

It won't see release day shipping because in typically Nintendo fashion, it releases on a Sunday.

[quote name='skubish']It won't see release day shipping because in typically Nintendo fashion, it releases on a Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Didn't look terribly close at the day of the week, so that makes sense. No big deal then. But I still want a credit offer dang it!

Pre-Order bonuses!
-Keychain
-Baseball Cap
-3DS Cover
-Ocarina
-Canister of Deku tree seeds.

Only if you live in Greece though.
Link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='omster']Pre-Order bonuses!
-Keychain
-Baseball Cap
-3DS cover
-Ocarina and

Link[/QUOTE]

Shit, guess I'm moving then...

[quote name='omster']Pre-Order bonuses!
-Keychain
-Baseball Cap
-3DS cover
-Ocarina and

Link[/QUOTE]
That's incredible.

I have no doubt it'll be fun to play but as much as I try I can't understand why everyone is swooning over the graphics. Other than Link's character model, which definitely looks nice, all I see is an N64 game due to how jagged the actual environments are. Am I alone in this? I think I just expected more in terms of a remake to clean up some of the more obvious graphical limitations from the N64.

Wind Waker and TP are just enhanced remakes so you might as well just play those. In all seriousness, this is the game to sell the 3DS. It's not for me but I think Nintendo is hoping this thing will move units.

You know, I was dead set on getting this game but after listening to Giant Bombcast I was completely un-sold on buying it. While the new features and the promise of portable zelda are pretty cool, the fact that I already have the same game (95%) sitting in a box in my closet makes me think twice about it. Maybe if it had been a $20 or maybe even $30 game I could have stomached it but I just can't bring myself to spend $40 on a game I already own.

That being said, I still think it'll sell a ton for the same reason they mention on Bombcast. While many of us "older" gamers played through Ocarina of Time, the younger generation missed it. For them, this is a new Zelda because they've never played it before. While it's disappointing that we don't have a new Zelda for those of us who have already played Ocarina, we'll get one eventually.

This is a must buy for me because I never played the original. I've never owned a N64, and that time period I kinda strayed away from most system games(Everquest sucked up my life)

While I've always wanted to play this Zelda because of the reviews I never went out of my way to get a N64. Now I would but I figured I would never hook up my N64 when I have my xbox next to it.

But Zelda on the go is huge for me.

I've played through the original at least 5 times and I am so pumped for this release. Not only do I get the same great game, I get the master quest which I have never played.

link mentions GS preorders only, how about amazon and other places. Also such a lame poster. I'd be happy with a special VR card. That would have been cheap and collectable.

[quote name='nixmahn']link mentions GS preorders only, how about amazon and other places. Also such a lame poster. I'd be happy with a special VR card. That would have been cheap and collectable.[/QUOTE]

If it's so lame then why are you concerned about where it is being offered?

[quote name='stevego']if it's so lame then why are you concerned about where it is being offered?[/quote]
If you love it so much why don't you marry it?

It's just the cover from the Bradygames guide!
url
WTF Nintendo! God dammit Nintendo USA sucks balls when it comes to bonuses.

[quote name='dothog']If you love it so much why don't you marry it?[/QUOTE]

Where did I say I loved it, let alone liked it. Go troll someone else.

[quote name='Zmonkay']It's just the cover from the Bradygames guide!
url
WTF Nintendo! God dammit Nintendo USA sucks balls when it comes to bonuses.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

fucking clown shoes.

Alright, that poster is pretty sweet, but when comparing it to Greece's bonuses I feel like America definitely got the short end of the stick on this one.

bread's done
Back