3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Discussion Thread - Master Quest Included!

[quote name='RabbitSuit']So... the 3DS is region locked, right?[/QUOTE]

Region-locked against 3DS games from other regions but you still can play DS games from other regions on the 3DS.

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']Region-locked against 3DS games from other regions but you still can play DS games from other regions on the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Do note though that DSi enhanced games are region locked.

[quote name='Zmonkay']It's just the cover from the Bradygames guide!
url
WTF Nintendo! God dammit Nintendo USA sucks balls when it comes to bonuses.[/QUOTE]

OMG I just have to LOL that is so terrible.

I have that same Bradygames guide too from years ago, and inside it came--dun dun dun--that exact same poster that is being given as a pre-order poster bonus now.

I thought about pre-ordering this game for some limited pre-order goodies and backlogging it until I get around to buying a 3Ds, but fuck it--I'm probably just going to buy it used somewhere now instead, since it doesn't come with anything really special.

I am holding out in the hopes that Nintendo shows off a limited edition Zelda 3DS at E3, that's when I go and plunk my hard earned gift card on a system and game, I mean how hard can it be for them to just create a new casing for this thing? It'll boost sales for the system in a hurry. I don't want to buy one only to have them announce a cooler one this Christmas, I mean I know it's going to happen, but I can't wait.

9:19AM Nintendo's also releasing the Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D soundtrack as a bonus for early Club Nintendo adopters. They're also launching an album of the 25th anniversary concert, which will launch in tandem with Skyward Sword. We can't wait to listen to Zelda while we listen to Zelda while playing Zelda!
Looks like NA gets a bonus outside of retailers.

img6431.jpg

Has anybody downloaded the 3D trailer for this on the eShop? If you want a good indication of how this game looks in 3D, download that trailer. It looks pretty damn amazing.

Took a trip to check Target clearance today...and there it was.
Not clearance of course, but with the rest of the 3ds games, and available for purchase.
I went to the College Point (Queens, NY) Target and they have it as of noon on Tuesday. Not sure if they'll take it down, but my receipt shows a generic '3ds game' instead of the game title.
I know there's a Sale next week, but couldn't resist picking it up a few days early.

DPCI is 207-021-331
That said, even if it's in stock at your store, it may not be on the floor. As usual these Target things are always YMMV.
When I try it, it shows 'not available' as the status.

The only reason this may have been on the floor is because of Nintendo's usual 'Sunday release' nonsense. All these product come in during the week, and all it takes is an eager Electronics worker to quickly put it on the floor.

Deals for this game have been disappointing. I guess I might go with BB. This purchase should give me enough points for another $10 in RZ rewards. Now to figure out what the second game is . . .

[quote name='dragonjud']DPCI is 207-021-331
That said, even if it's in stock at your store, it may not be on the floor. As usual these Target things are always YMMV.
When I try it, it shows 'not available' as the status.

The only reason this may have been on the floor is because of Nintendo's usual 'Sunday release' nonsense. All these product come in during the week, and all it takes is an eager Electronics worker to quickly put it on the floor.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it could be that the system is trying to auto-fill the sales floor location with a pull from the backroom because it was put into the weekly revisions for electronics a week early.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Actually, it could be that the system is trying to auto-fill the sales floor location with a pull from the backroom because it was put into the weekly revisions for electronics a week early.[/QUOTE]
I hope that's the case.

What is everyone using to check stock?

Watching those commercials made me realize how much I love this game to death. I can't wait for Sunday now because I realized I will get to re experience this masterpiece all over again.

I haven't played OOT in years, and well I think it will feel like my first time again :D.

Nintendo's Zelda was named after F Scott's wife, so if you ever invent a time machine Zelda Williams, feel free to advice yourself to say yes if you like to that question.

[quote name='foltzie']I'm a little disappointed this isnt a North American commercial.[/QUOTE]
Really? That surprises me seeing Robin Williams is an accomplished American Actor. Also it took me a couple of seconds to realize that is Robin Williams because I never seen him with a beard, :lol:.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Really? That surprises me seeing Robin Williams is an accomplished American Actor. Also it took me a couple of seconds to realize that is Robin Williams because I never seen him with a beard, :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Good Will Hunting?

How bout dem apples?

One of the Target's in Charlotte had the game on the shelf all neatly priced. Got the guy to ring it up only to be denied by the release date in the system. Kind of figured but worth a try. Guess I'll wait another 3 days...sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Really? That surprises me seeing Robin Williams is an accomplished American Actor. Also it took me a couple of seconds to realize that is Robin Williams because I never seen him with a beard, :lol:.[/QUOTE]

American actors do a lot of commercial work overseas so it doesn't ruin their "credibility."

[quote name='foltzie']I'm a little disappointed this isnt a North American commercial.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i thought it was a very nice and thoughtful commercial by 3DS also, Father's day is coming up soon so it was a nice touch.

Also, I put the circle pad to a good test by putting in Mario 64. It was... weird. It mostly worked, but I found it somewhat difficult to make smooth directions. When I tried to run in a circle, I would often make sudden movements when I would try to run in a circle.

Is this common or should I look into contacting Nintendo about the circle pad?

He's a huge Zelda fan, it's even what he named his daughter.

[quote name='itachiitachi']He's a huge Zelda fan, it's even what he named his daughter.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know, but I am just surprised with him being such a huge Zelda fan and that he is a well known American Actor, they did not decide to air these commercials in North America. Especially since I found the commercial to be kinda charming in a way, and I assume other people would too.

To stay on topic, serious question. Does anyone know if anyone is printing a guide for this game? When I get it at k-mart on sunday I want to know if I should head over to gamestop to get the guide as well.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']To stay on topic, serious question. Does anyone know if anyone is printing a guide for this game? When I get it at k-mart on sunday I want to know if I should head over to gamestop to get the guide as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't see one on Amazon. Not necessarily the reason behind your question, but we should be able to suspend the game and then open up the internet browser to look up any trouble areas.

I'm an idiot: http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Ocarina-Prima-Official/dp/0307891534/ref=bxgy_cc_vg_text_a

Picked up this nice case for my 3DS last week

tn

tn

tn

It's pretty sturdy and definitely feels better than those see through crystal cases. Even though its described as a crystal it feels harder but not like a metal case and would recommend it. My only gripe is that once you put the top and bottom portion together I feel like the hinge that holds them together would break if you want to take it apart because it feels tightly secured so I don't charge it on the docking station.

P.S Yes I know I'm horrible at putting screen protectors on I just been feeling lazy to get more screens :D.

Is anyone else going to attempt to pick this game up at Wal-Mart at midnight?

I'm going to give it a shot, but I'm half expecting to leave disappointed.

[quote name='pippin']Is anyone else going to attempt to pick this game up at Wal-Mart at midnight?

I'm going to give it a shot, but I'm half expecting to leave disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about it. I'm more worried about getting mugged than not being able to get the game though, my Wal-Mart has had it on the shelf since Wednesday but wouldn't sell it to me early :cry:

I've gotten a few games at midnight at Walmart. The games usually arent on the shelf, but they have them in a box behind the counter. Just ask someone to get one for you.

[quote name='Ness3']I've gotten a few games at midnight at Walmart. The games usually arent on the shelf, but they have them in a box behind the counter. Just ask someone to get one for you.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know the drill, I'm just hoping whoever is working in electronics tonight is competent enough to find the game. I haven't been up there lately so hopefully they are already on display like Skizye mentioned.

I remember asking about the Nintendo Selects games a few days after they were released and the guy looked for half an hour and then told me they didn't have any yet. Then on the way out I saw a big display loaded with all the Nintendo Selects titles. :wall:

Anyway I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now, I'll let you guys know what happens.

Just got back with my copy. Apparently they took it off the shelf after I tried to buy it the other day, but two extremely helpful employees went to the back and grabbed a copy for me :D

And of course, the guy working in electronics goes and looks in the back and then tells me they don't have it. Oh well, I guess I'll be stopping by Gamestop tomorrow.

Do Gamestops open at 9 or 10 tomorrow morning o_O

On a side note, heres to hoping theres still Soundtracks left at 10am EST tommorow =/

I would think there's a bountiful supply of them. I'm not sure the game is in demand as we think it is. Sales of the 3DS haven't exactly been marvelous, although the release of this "killer app" may help things.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I would think there's a bountiful supply of them. I'm not sure the game is in demand as we think it is. Sales of the 3DS haven't exactly been marvelous, although the release of this "killer app" may help things.[/QUOTE]

Well my worries didnt start till I heard EU was having problems... Apparently according to what 1 news site said Nintendo said was that there was 1,000 - 2,000 total CD's there and they were out. (the issue was with validation) The error people are reporting and the limited claim do kinda go hand and hand.

I can't believe the amount of Walmart fail. I hit three stores up on the way home, called a forth. Nothing.

First store, I waited around probably a total of 30 minutes and asked two different people for help in Electronics. Finally, the second person must have said something and the manager appeared and somehow guessed I was looking for Zelda, told me the site said that the game isn't carried in store and walked away. Bitch.

Second store, the game was locked up in the security cage and the manager with the keys wouldn't be in until 7 this morning.

Third store was sold out.

Fourth store I called was sold sold out.

God fucking damn it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I can't believe the amount of Walmart fail. I hit three stores up on the way home, called a forth. Nothing.

First store, I waited around probably a total of 30 minutes and asked two different people for help in Electronics. Finally, the second person must have said something and the manager appeared and somehow guessed I was looking for Zelda, told me the site said that the game isn't carried in store and walked away. Bitch.

Second store, the game was locked up in the security cage and the manager with the keys wouldn't be in until 7 this morning.

Third store was sold out.

Fourth store I called was sold sold out.

God fucking damn it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that =[ I would have tried Walmart but figured since it was the day of I would just go to Kmart.

I can't imagine this will be hard to find, but I will note that I just picked it up at TRU and was surprised to see that they only had about 10 copies or so. This was in stark contrast to something like Super Monkey Ball, where they probably had close to 30-40.

It was only 20 minutes after opening, so it's not like a huge number of these flew off the shelf before I got there, and I'd even go so far as to say I was the first one to buy it.

Like I said, I wouldn't panic, but I was surprised to see so few copies of what would be the 'must have' 3DS title.

Edit- Okay, so after 15 minutes of playtime, I feel totally justified in spending that $250. I loved the 3DS before, but this is the game to show people why to own this system.

Picked up my copy at a local K-Mart @ 8:30 am. It wasn't on the shelf so the clerk had to go to the back room and said I was actually the first one to buy it. Surprised b/c that K-Mart is open 24 hours. Played 2 hours so far....it was quite awesome revisiting the game in 3D.

I didn't get the soundtrack offer popup when registering this game at Club Nintendo so I had to call their customer service. The rep forwarded this issue to the administration office so it should be ok....I hope. She said I wasn't the first to bring this to her attention.

Looking forward to resuming Zelda 3D tonight.

What the fuck where is my cd prompt!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better fucking get this cd this is so much bullshit nintendo get ur shit fixed

I registered, no soundtrack offer, called Nintendo support and they took my address and phone number. The lady said that someone would be in contact within the next 24-48 hours about the offer and getting it resolved...

bread's done
Back