50 cent, "'I'll Quit if Kanye Wins"

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Chamillionaire FTW!

No hype, all substance > all hype, little substance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> crap[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='projecteightysix']I thought that, then I realized how terrible Daft Punk is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPdVVOmbz4[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zewone']Wow, they're garbage. Worse than Carlos Mencia.[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell me that you guys think that Daft Punk "stole" those hooks. Those samples were fully licensed, paid in full, all proper (the linked video's description clearly points this out). When you're selling millions of copies of an album, stealing samples without paying the royalties is not something you can get away with.

Furthermore, a LOT of house and dance music contains samples, or is based on old hooks from other songs. Same with rap. It's par for the course, and Daft Punk manages to do some great shit with it, if you ask me, but that's just me, of course. But don't try to paint them as hook-thieves, that's bullshit.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Please don't tell me that you guys think that Daft Punk "stole" those hooks. Those samples were fully licensed, paid in full, all proper (the linked video's description clearly points this out). When you're selling millions of copies of an album, stealing samples without paying the royalties is not something you can get away with.

Furthermore, a LOT of house and dance music contains samples, or is based on old hooks from other songs. Same with rap. It's par for the course, and Daft Punk manages to do some great shit with it, if you ask me, but that's just me, of course. But don't try to paint them as hook-thieves, that's bullshit.[/QUOTE]
No, I figured they paid for them.

I was just surprised by how much praise they get, when a lot of their more famous songs (songs I've heard at least) are almost exactly the same as their samples. They've almost done absolutely nothing.

At least with rap, we're going to get some lyrics and rhymes, with Daft Punk...what are you getting?

Synthesizers?

[quote name='zewone']At least with rap, we're going to get some lyrics and rhymes, with Daft Punk...what are you getting?

Synthesizers?[/QUOTE]
Synthesizers and talent.

Oh, and a greater likelihood that their profits won't be used on drugs and prostitutes.

436e66cff0956zx1.gif

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Synthesizers and talent.

Oh, and a greater likelihood that their profits won't be used on drugs and prostitutes.[/quote]

:roll:

Third'd.

I like how there was a lot of Kanye bashing based on him "stealing" stronger from Daft Punk, but now that we find out Daft Punk stole the beat in the first place people are still all "oh yeah daft punk is the shit."

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I like how there was a lot of Kanye bashing based on him "stealing" stronger from Daft Punk, but now that we find out Daft Punk stole the beat in the first place people are still all "oh yeah daft punk is the shit."[/QUOTE]
No one "stole" anything, dumbass. Sampling is one of the cornerstones of dance AND rap music. There's nothing wrong with it, as long as it's all done legit, with the proper royalties paid and whatnot. And it's not exactly a secret that Daft Punk uses samples, or something that someone just recently discovered; I'm pretty damned sure that it mentions the original songs the hooks are sampled from in the liner notes for Discovery.

The reason people are still saying "oh yeah daft punk is the shit" is because they're a talented act with tremendously wide appeal who do some of the most infectious dance music in the world, whereas 50 Cent is a stupid, juvenile, and wholly insubstantial "gangsta" rapper.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Third'd.

I like how there was a lot of Kanye bashing based on him "stealing" stronger from Daft Punk, but now that we find out Daft Punk stole the beat in the first place people are still all "oh yeah daft punk is the shit."[/quote]

Daft Punk's version sounds better than Kanye's IMO.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge'] whereas 50 Cent is a stupid, juvenile, and wholly insubstantial "gangsta" rapper.[/quote]

There have only been two songs of his that I really like for the lyrics. One is "How to Rob", which is a hilarious song. The other is "21 Questions". The rest don't do anything for me.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No one "stole" anything, dumbass. Sampling is one of the cornerstones of dance AND rap music. [/QUOTE]

HURRRR I DEED NAHT NO THIS

The reason people are still saying "oh yeah daft punk is the shit" is because they're a talented act with tremendously wide appeal who do some of the most infectious dance music in the world,

That's nice.

whereas 50 Cent is a stupid, juvenile, and wholly insubstantial "gangsta" rapper.

Who's talking about 50?

For the record, aren't you the piece of shit who goes around saying anything (read: stupid ass ignorant statements) he can to get a rise out of people? *checks the black woman in west virginia thread* Yeah that is you. You're a real winner.

[quote name='zewone']Wow, they're garbage. Worse than Carlos Mencia.[/quote]

Man, if that is the case, then modern hip-hop was spawned from garbage. Early hip-hop beats were mostly samples of beats from other songs. How is this any different?

Fatboy Slim must be garbage as well since the entire song "Praise You" is based on a sample. Maybe I should make a YouTube video "exposing" that!

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']For the record, aren't you the piece of shit who goes around saying anything (read: stupid ass ignorant statements) he can to get a rise out of people? *checks the black woman in west virginia thread* Yeah that is you. You're a real winner.[/QUOTE]
Haha, you're such a little bitch.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Synthesizers and talent.

Oh, and a greater likelihood that their profits won't be used on drugs and prostitutes.[/quote]
Talent? None of that takes talent! What Kanye did with HBFS took more work than what they did for an entire album.

Also, aren't they French? You can bet they are paying for a ton of ass, too.

Also, their music is probably playing in clubs world wide, for you to say that they don't use drugs is just retarded.

[quote name='help1']Talent? None of that takes talent![/quote]
Okay, you make some music of the same quality as theirs.

[quote name='help1']Also, aren't they French? You can bet they are paying for a ton of ass, too.[/quote]
Uhhhhhhhhh...

[quote name='help1']Also, their music is probably playing in clubs world wide, for you to say that they don't use drugs is just retarded.[/QUOTE]
Haha, what? Presumptuous much?

[quote name='help1']Talent? None of that takes talent! What Kanye did with HBFS took more work than what they did for an entire album.

Also, aren't they French? You can bet they are paying for a ton of ass, too.

Also, their music is probably playing in clubs world wide, for you to say that they don't use drugs is just retarded.[/quote]

You're an idiot. It takes talent to make music.

I never thought I'd even bother, but I'm actuall giving this album a listen. So far, it's whack shit though. Kanye West is the one of the most overrated rappers of all time.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Haha, you're such a little bitch.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

Haha, what? Presumptuous much?[/QUOTE]

Saying "haha" before being a douche doesn't make you any less of a douche.

[quote name='Greetard']Saying "haha" before being a douche doesn't make you any less of a douche.[/quote]

It's Coffee Edge, man. No point.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']It's Coffee Edge, man. No point.[/QUOTE]

true, everything he says I tend to forget about 2 seconds later.

[quote name='mr ryles']true, everything he says I tend to forget about 2 seconds later.[/QUOTE]
Exactly the way I want it. As far as being a CAG poster goes, I should be nothing more than fleeting words on a screen, not a fucking personality. Why you bitches get so upset over anything I say is beyond me, aside from the simple explanation that, we'll, you're a bunch of pussy-ass bitches.

Step up, motherfuckers. Prove how fucking insubstantial I am to you, and stop making three-page discussions over every fucking thing I say.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Exactly the way I want it. As far as being a CAG poster goes, I should be nothing more than fleeting words on a screen, not a fucking personality. Why you bitches get so upset over anything I say is beyond me, aside from the simple explanation that, we'll, you're a bunch of pussy-ass bitches.
[/QUOTE]

Whether ya like it or not- you are a personality. A douchebag, to be precise.

Step up, motherfuckers.

And we really don't need much more proof, 'cause it's already in the puddin'.

bread's done
Back