★◎~  ULTIMATE Lowball has moved to a new, more luxurious home!   ~◎★

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rmb']done yet?:whee:

Almost time for another 3 week run on the first page![/QUOTE]

Preview is about half way done!

If you see a 15b or something like that, it means I screwed up and missed something and had to go back and add it in. LOL

[quote name='dv8mad']Here's a bump to say thanks for the sexy sig XX0![/QUOTE]

I'm sure it'd look great if I had sigs enabled. I guess it's a bit like sporting a tattoo on one's own back.

Say, dv8, shall I ship out a package to you this week or will there be something else coming that I'll need to forward? I'm sure Ai is getting antsy for her copy of Marley & Me. Regarding that purchase, the seller on ebay tried to give me the run around.
He requested I send the case and discs back, so I did. I was careful to watch the tracking, but when he didn't message me three days after arrival I sent him a quick message via ebay. He didn't respond, so I followed up a few days later. No response. A week later he finally messaged me and said he was out of town but would be returning that weekend. I still hadn't heard from him a week later, so I messaged him again. No response. I opened up a PayPal dispute and he came back with a "I told you I was out of town. I got back yesterday and will ship out a replacement tonight." A week later, no new copy and no follow up indicating he had shipped. I sent him another response and told him that if he hadn't already shipped it to just refund me and call it good. I had a refund a few hours later. The sad thing about all of this is that the guy didn't understand why his behavior was unacceptable.

Oh, and Supernatural Season 4 come out on Tuesday. ^_^

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm sure it'd look great if I had sigs enabled. I guess it's a bit like sporting a tattoo on one's own back.

Say, dv8, shall I ship out a package to you this week or will there be something else coming that I'll need to forward? I'm sure Ai is getting antsy for her copy of Marley & Me. Regarding that purchase, the seller on ebay tried to give me the run around.
He requested I send the case and discs back, so I did. I was careful to watch the tracking, but when he didn't message me three days after arrival I sent him a quick message via ebay. He didn't respond, so I followed up a few days later. No response. A week later he finally messaged me and said he was out of town but would be returning that weekend. I still hadn't heard from him a week later, so I messaged him again. No response. I opened up a PayPal dispute and he came back with a "I told you I was out of town. I got back yesterday and will ship out a replacement tonight." A week later, no new copy and no follow up indicating he had shipped. I sent him another response and told him that if he hadn't already shipped it to just refund me and call it good. I had a refund a few hours later. The sad thing about all of this is that the guy didn't understand why his behavior was unacceptable.

Oh, and Supernatural Season 4 come out on Tuesday. ^_^[/QUOTE]

lol... i've got sigs disabled due to too many ppl advertising things.

some seller are clueless when it comes to customer service.... give him a neg and move on.

btw, the lowball looks great. i will be bidding on some stuff as well~ :D

First off, I want to say this looks absolutely amazing and honestly can't wait for the loawball to commence. That being said, exactly how many hoops of varying sizes will have to be jumped through for people not paying with PayPal. I've never used Paypal, nor do I really desire to for this lowball. I'm real excited for some of the items listed here, but if I need to sign up/setup Paypal to do it, I'll likely be opting out of this one.

Either way, free bumpy dog!

[quote name='Frankski']First off, I want to say this looks absolutely amazing and honestly can't wait for the loawball to commence. That being said, exactly how many hoops of varying sizes will have to be jumped through for people not paying with PayPal. I've never used Paypal, nor do I really desire to for this lowball. I'm real excited for some of the items listed here, but if I need to sign up/setup Paypal to do it, I'll likely be opting out of this one.

Either way, free bumpy dog![/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be difficult. I've got PayPal set aside myself and am happy to accept Amazon giftcards or some other form of payment; so as long as you don't win *too* much stuff, you can pay me directly and I'll dispurse to the other sellers.

I imagine there are a few other sellers that could do the same thing.

In other words, we'll get you taken care of, but just know that there may be another party involved.

this lowball sale is huge !!
I have a question, my paypal account was set up with an international address, however if I win anything I'd like the items to be shipped to an US account, is this possible ?

[quote name='thelonepig']It shouldn't be difficult. I've got PayPal set aside myself and am happy to accept Amazon giftcards or some other form of payment; so as long as you don't win *too* much stuff, you can pay me directly and I'll dispurse to the other sellers.

In other words, we'll get you taken care of, but just know that there may be another party involved.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just like the man...errr... pig... says.
We can get you taken care of, it will just take a bit more work.

[quote name='Bragarb07']this lowball sale is huge !!
I have a question, my paypal account was set up with an international address, however if I win anything I'd like the items to be shipped to an US account, is this possible ?[/QUOTE]

I feel pretty safe saying that the group would feel MUCH more comfortable were you to change your Paypal address to match your current address. It's not a long, hard process and will help everyone feel more confident in your future deals.

[quote name='thelonepig']It shouldn't be difficult. I've got PayPal set aside myself and am happy to accept Amazon giftcards or some other form of payment; so as long as you don't win *too* much stuff, you can pay me directly and I'll dispurse to the other sellers.

In other words, we'll get you taken care of, but just know that there may be another party involved.[/QUOTE]

As long as the 'other party' involved is a CAG of upstanding character (aka, any CAG I've dealt with -- traders and sellers on this site are really some of the best group I've found on the internet) I'll be cool.

Just as an aside though, should I check with all members of the multi-lowball or do the Pig and DV8's comments stand for everyone -- I'd love to snag some booty (and subsequently pay by MO).

[quote name='Frankski']As long as the 'other party' involved is a CAG of upstanding character (aka, any CAG I've dealt with -- traders and sellers on this site are really some of the best group I've found on the internet) I'll be cool.

Just as an aside though, should I check with all members of the multi-lowball or do the Pig and DV8's comments stand for everyone -- I'd love to snag some booty (and subsequently pay by MO).[/QUOTE]

No worries Frankski, everyone participating agreed to the rules I have at the top, so we will work it out between the 13 of us. We can definitely take money order payment somehow.

--------------------------------
And now... If only all of you knew how badly my shoulders hurt! I've been typing up the list since I got home at 9:20 and it's now just past 11:30. :cry:

I think I got everything typed up though. Unfortunately, it looks like it's just over 500 items, but it should look bigger if I hadn't missed so many things and had to add them in via letters (125a.).
However, there's more than a real possibility that I have still missed things, so for the other 12 participants, if you know something should be on this list and isn't email me!

I'm going to begin updating the front page now so hopefully the preview will be mostly complete in a few minutes.

[quote name='dv8mad']...we will work it out between the 13 of us.[/QUOTE]

Dun dun dunnnnnnn.

EDIT: After looking over the list, I pulled everything I'm interested in bidding on into a notepad file for future use. 35 items so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dv8mad']Yep, just like the man...errr... pig... says.
We can get you taken care of, it will just take a bit more work.

I feel pretty safe saying that the group would feel MUCH more comfortable were you to change your Paypal address to match your current address. It's not a long, hard process and will help everyone feel more confident in your future deals.[/QUOTE]

I don't live in the US but have a friend which is willing to recieve the games and ship them to me. I'll try to change the paypal address, but I'm not sure if I can do that since my CC has an Argentinian address.
Thanks!

[quote name='Bragarb07']I don't live in the US but have a friend which is willing to recieve the games and ship them to me. I'll try to change the paypal address, but I'm not sure if I can do that since my CC has an Argentinian address.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Would it be possible to send the money to your friend and have him/her use his/her PayPal account to make the purchase? Hopefully that would allow the address to match up with where the payment is coming from.

[quote name='Bragarb07']I don't live in the US but have a friend which is willing to recieve the games and ship them to me. I'll try to change the paypal address, but I'm not sure if I can do that since my CC has an Argentinian address.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

I've sent stuff from my lowball sale to the US address with the knowledge that once it left the PO, I wouldn't be responsible anymore for it. I put tracking on it and everything, and it all seems good at this point, and I know he won a few items off of Strell's sale too. He had no problems with compromising as well...

Back up. I'm really interested to see how this is going to pan out with us 13 sellers! It sure is gonna be fun. Also to the people who are wondering about paying, not using paypal, we will work it out for you guys. Don't be worried about bidding and not having paypal. I myself am very patient when waiting for payment.

Wow, I finally found the thread (I was wondering why I wasn't getting Email updates on the posts...then I realize it's in a different thread..doh!). I'm really excited for this ULTIMATE Lowball sale :)

I'm curious what it would take to get CheapyD or Wombat to mention one of our mega sales in their podcast. As far as I know (I listen every week) the Lowball sales have never been mentioned there. That'd be quite good for getting in new bidders I'd imagine ^_^

[quote name='goomba478']Wow, I finally found the thread (I was wondering why I wasn't getting Email updates on the posts...then I realize it's in a different thread..doh!). I'm really excited for this ULTIMATE Lowball sale :)

I'm curious what it would take to get CheapyD or Wombat to mention one of our mega sales in their podcast. As far as I know (I listen every week) the Lowball sales have never been mentioned there. That'd be quite good for getting in new bidders I'd imagine ^_^[/QUOTE]

I tried emailing Cheapy D about the upcoming charity lowball sale and got no response. I sent him a message over a week ago and heard nothing. I'm thinking it would be next to impossible to get a mention.

nsahene, if I'm not mistaken I think CheapyD is visiting the US right now for that Howard Stern thing and for Wombat's tag sale and all that, so chances are he probably isn't online as much as he would be normally. He also probably gets like 10,000 emails a day. I have Emailed him in the past though and he has given me thoughtful responses.

You might want to send him messages on Twitter as well, as he's very active on there :)

I see lots of awesome items :D

Question, what will the shipping costs be from Japan? I know you said it will be $2 per item but I'm assuming that rate is only for the US/Canada sellers?

Eh, I really don't see this as something Cheapy should promote. I mean, although it is the biggest lowball, it's still just a bunch of us selling our stuff.
Of course, Cheapy can do anytihng he wants, but I would imagine that it may not look good as of course hundreds of others are also selling their items at the same time.

To stay on real thread topic though, I should be starting to link the pics up after work tonight. ;)

EDIT: Sharp Katana - Nope, $2 for each item unless stated in the OP. I always lose money on shipping, it's a given. I hope to make up for it on decent end prices. :D

Since I will be gone tomorrow, im putting in a placeholder for the start.

i'll update after the official opening.

211. Acer Laptop (Works Great! - Acer Extensa 4620z) $50

468. :360: Forza 2 (Disk Only) $1
469. :360: Overlord (Complete) $1
470. :360: Tales of Vesperia (Complete) $5
475. :360: Mass Effect (Complete) $3
478. :360: Assassin's Creed (Complete - Small crack at center hole has never affected playback.) $3
481. :360: Bully: Scholarship Edition (No Manual) $2
482. :360: Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (No Manual) $2
483. :360: Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy Combo $2
484. :360: Lost Odyssey (Missing manual, comes in generic case with cover art and 4 discs) $3
485. :360: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (New/Sealed) $3
486. :360: Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 (Complete with bonus Endwar preview disc) $4
487. :360: Soul Calibur 4 (Missing manual, comes in generic case with cover art) $3

489. :360: Ninja Gaiden 2 (complete with slipcover) $2
490. :360: Tenchu Z (complete with case, case has sticker) $2
492. :360: Blue Dragon (New/Sealed) $3
493. :360: Afro Samurai (Complete) $3
495. :360: Kane and Lynch Dead Men (Conplete) $1
496. :360: Spiderman 3 (Complete) $1
501. :360: Guitar Hero AeroSmith (Complete) $1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']BUUUMPPPP who thinks a steel book edition of Tales of Vesperia CE needs to make an apperance in this lowball[/QUOTE]

I do. Don't be a wuss! :cool:

Also, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I'm caught up for the first time in 4 days. :cold: Didn't know it would all be so time consuming to set-up.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']BUUUMPPPP who thinks a steel book edition of Tales of Vesperia CE needs to make an apperance in this lowball[/QUOTE]

GO for it DBJ!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back