Alan Wake Downloadable Game XBOX 360 (The Full Game) $12.48 shipped

Why can't the people from the Department of Redundancy Department post these "deals" with the total in the title, like this:

Alan Wake Download Code - $9.73 SHIPPED @ Amazon

I think people would go, "Oh, cool. Game for under $10.", instead of the torrent of, "O noes! Teh shipppin iz $7.999!! Teh h4X!1!!" posts these threads always get.

[quote name='typical guy']Bad deal. The disk costs 20 and comes with the first dlc that you have to buy seperate with this code. It costs $7. So the total is 17 to get what the disk sells you for 20. Except with the disk you can save space by not installing or you can install it if you want. You can loan it and resell it. I think I posted this in almost every one of these threads now. Just buy the fucking disk for about the same price.[/QUOTE]

yeah a disk copy is so much more worth it. And I recomened thread titles for games costing under 5 bucks include how much shipping is. Shipping usually kills deals like this.

Hey guys, just for anyone interested, I have one of these codes, and I'm selling it for only 89 cents*!

*code will be shipped by cross-country bicycle delivery for $122 US, $640 CN

i bought this game a few months ago. didnt get far in it. i plan on it tho. still for 10 bucks, not a bad deal

[quote name='jk5000']I may take one for the team and buy em out so ppl quit posting this deal.[/QUOTE]
But the shipping the shipping!!!! Don't you realize how much the shipping is!!!!!!!?????

[quote name='unopepito06']Hey guys, just for anyone interested, I have one of these codes, and I'm selling it for only 89 cents*!

*code will be shipped by cross-country bicycle delivery for $122 US, $640 CN[/QUOTE]

$122 for someone to bicycle across the country to delivery my Alan Wake DLC Card? That's a hell of a deal. I wouldn't bicycle across the country for $122...

[quote name='jbroush99']Holy shit! How much is shipping?[/QUOTE]

man, thats where they get you! its like 8.99 or some shit!

[quote name='jimjom']man, thats where they get you! its like 8.99 or some shit![/QUOTE]

$8.99 for shipping??! WTF! I heard people deliver games by bicycle carrier for not much more than that!

I'm surprised that people are complaining that it's so much for shipping. YOU'RE GETTING A FULL GAME FOR $10, lol. I mean I had very little in this game but for $10, I couldn't pass it up.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm surprised that people are complaining that it's so much for shipping. YOU'RE GETTING A FULL GAME FOR $10, lol. I mean I had very little in this game but for $10, I couldn't pass it up.[/QUOTE]

People are upset because they are quoted a price, then it's increased 500%.

Also it's a very shady protection plan for the seller. If for some reason MS decides these codes were obtained in less than legit fashion the seller only needs to refund the selling price, and not the shipping. Meaning they still make a profit and you're stuck w/ a $8 piece of paper.

Only on CAG will we complain about paying $10 for a $30 game.

^^^And if you thought you were really going to get it for $1.74 plus no shipping, you're a dunce.

i got this game from one of these deals.

its not worth the 10 bucks, very repetitive gameplay and the story gets boring about halfway through.

Too bad its not free shipping, 2 dollars would be about right...

$10 has been about what its going for on eBay for quite some time now, which you can also get the code emailed to you instead of it shipped. I got it for around $10 and also got the DLC for it when it was on sale. Very worth it in my opinion.

[quote name='jrhawk42']People are upset because they are quoted a price, then it's increased 500%.

Also it's a very shady protection plan for the seller. If for some reason MS decides these codes were obtained in less than legit fashion the seller only needs to refund the selling price, and not the shipping. Meaning they still make a profit and you're stuck w/ a $8 piece of paper.[/QUOTE]
There would be no reason for MS to decide these aren't gotten in a legit way though, because they were included in the Holiday Elite bundle. The sellers probably just broke up the bundles (that also included Forza 3) to try to make some extra money.

I just checked Amazon.com, and I'm scheduled to get the code within the next few days. I can't complain.

[The code cost me $4.29, and the shipping is $5.49]. I don't know where people are getting this price of $7.99 for shipping from.

[quote name='mtxbass1']We really need an auto-search feature that blocks new threads when something is a repost of a repost of a repost.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=287848

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=287652

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=287475

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=287460

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=287316[/QUOTE]Thank you for pointing those out. As you can see, we're done to one thread for all the deals.

And for threads being reposts among reposts, there are some sites that do bring up the "this thread you're posting looks like one or more of the following" when you make a new thread. Time to suggest it again, I think.

did you merge the threads or something? could have sworn i locked my posting of this. once someone pointed out i was third to the party.

[quote name='Survivalism']Only on CAG will we complain about paying $10 for a $30 game.[/QUOTE]
A brand new retail copy can be had for only $20.

[quote name='Camre']Someone slap him with the shipping stick..[/QUOTE]

DOH!

My fault...

Still $11 not bad.

[quote name='CaseX']Seriously. $5.49 shipping for a $6 code? They haven't heard of e-mails?[/QUOTE]
Do people still not understand this? It wouldn't be $6 without $5.49 shipping. You wouldn't have said anything if it was $10 with $1.49 shipping.

[quote name='stormrage360']Even at $11 this is absolutely worth it! I loved this game.[/QUOTE]

This is true.
I just got this from Goozex and it's easily one of my fave games within the past few years. No way i'm giving it up.

[quote name='dino88']How does this get posted every week and no one ever remembers to add the shipping charge?[/QUOTE]

Good question. Like I said, my fault. I just forgot. ;)

[quote name='PCWONK']Good question. Like I said, my fault. I just forgot. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I appreciate the post, but you might want to use the search feature before posting. This has been posted many times, but it looks like you are gonna get off easier than other posters ;)

[quote name='lilwiggum']Hey, I appreciate the post, but you might want to use the search feature before posting. This has been posted many times, but it looks like you are gonna get off easier than other posters ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did search for it before posting. Didn't find it. I've been around here long enough to know what happens if someone repeats a post. If it is out there, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

Edit - LOL! I just found it. It was posted a month ago. Sorry CAGers.

I bought this for $13 from Gamefly meaning I have the opportunity to recoup some of my expenditure down the line. That's what I hate about downloaded console games: if you can't sell it, you don't own it.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Do people still not understand this? It wouldn't be $6 without $5.49 shipping. You wouldn't have said anything if it was $10 with $1.49 shipping.[/QUOTE]

THIS.

I understand that it doesn't cost $5.49 to mail a DLC code, but you're getting a $30 video game for $11.50. It's not that hard to figure out that things are cheaper online because you pay for shipping. If it was $11.50 in stores everyone would be all over it. It's the same price either way.

[quote name='stormrage360']Even at $11 this is absolutely worth it! I loved this game.[/QUOTE]

not really for 2 reasons. 1 a lot of people prefer physical disks, and secondly i don't have space on my hdd and don't feel the need to pay out the ass for a bigger HDD. If this was the disc version then we'd talk.

[quote name='Survivalism']THIS.

I understand that it doesn't cost $5.49 to mail a DLC code, but you're getting a $30 video game for $11.50. It's not that hard to figure out that things are cheaper online because you pay for shipping. If it was $11.50 in stores everyone would be all over it. It's the same price either way.[/QUOTE]

If you want to charge me $10, and $1.50 shipping, do so. Only bullsh*t sellers use this stupid trick to entice buyers and then slap them with the real price.

I'd hear you b*tching, too, if you went into a store for a $20 game and then paid the $15 remainder in tax. That's really the metaphor you guys are looking for. Hello.

Or maybe the seller is really paying $5.49 to mail these codes. Then... uhhh, my bad. And he is probably using UPS.:lol:

This is why I also have my eBay view set to show combined item price+shipping, not just price alone and when I bid, I factor the shipping into my final bid. (i.e. If I'm willing to pay $25 for something and there's $5 shipping, I bid $20.) I don't get why these sellers bother with the lowball prices and ridiculous shipping charges because other than leading CAGer after CAGer to keep posting these misleading threads, no one is fooled by the lowball price. Just sell it for $11.50 with FREE shipping and no one would have a complaint.

This reminds me of how most hotels gank you for Internet access in the room. I've stayed at OK places with free Net, but the more upscale establishments want ~$13 per DAY. I never pay it and curse having to go to the lobby or hunt down a coffee shop with web, but if they just buried the ISP charge in the room, I'd probably be perfectly satisfied. If the choice of a room is $80 with no web or is $93 with "free" web, I'd go for the latter.

bread's done
Back