Alan Wake Downloadable Game XBOX 360 (The Full Game) $12.48 shipped

[quote name='nesagwa']No. I will not pander to these assholes that do this. Its ruined eBay and now its creeping over into Amazon.[/QUOTE]
lol They would charge more if they didn't do this.

[quote name='nesagwa']No. I will not pander to these assholes that do this. Its ruined eBay and now its creeping over into Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Would you be happier if they were to charge you $9.72 with free shipping? Maybe an instant buy for you if it were $9.22 with $0.50 shipping?

[quote name='zer0sfx']Great game for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

For those of you complaining about shipping, they're doing it for the same reason people do it on eBay. You don't get charged on your shipping fees when you sell something, so people raise the shipping price instead of the product's price to avoid fees.[/QUOTE]

Plus on amazon, having a lower base price puts your listing higher.

[quote name='eau']Would you be happier if they were to charge you $9.72 with free shipping? Maybe an instant buy for you if it were $9.22 with $0.50 shipping?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'd rather they be up front with their pricing rather than resorting to dishonest practices like outrageous shipping on the back end.

[quote name='nesagwa']Yes. I'd rather they be up front with their pricing rather than resorting to dishonest practices like outrageous shipping on the back end.[/QUOTE]

Retarded statement. It tells you right there.

In for 1, thanks for posting!

damn i bought this last week for like 12.50. it was posted on here and people were saying "hurry up and get one before they run out of stock" i guess there's plenty to go around. i'm considering getting another one to give to a friend or something.

[quote name='jimrome27']Mine shipped. Did anyone else got an email as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine has shipped also, 250 gig hard drive so the download doesn't bother me that much. Already beat it from gamefly but I bit cause I heard the DLC's were pretty good which doesn't happen all that often.

While the game itself is $20, a $4.29 price tag caught me by surprise...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

[I apologize for the gawd awfully long link but that's what it resolved to]

* It's not Amazon directly, and there are several offerings there
* Game + ship generally ends up around $9ish-10 regardless of choice
* Looks like it takes 6GB + so not for the faint of space

Doesn't work for me but thought it might do for some of you with the bigger hard drives

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']I'd rather pay 19.99 for the actual game copy with the 1st DLC - then you can trade it or sell it after you're done with it[/QUOTE]

the bad side is you would also have to have the physical disc in the xbox 360 to play the game, which is a big reason im buying the digital copy.

[quote name='MrKing']the bad side is you would also have to have the physical disc in the xbox 360 to play the game, which is a big reason im buying the digital copy.[/QUOTE]

The actual disc has re sale value...plus you dont have to waste hard drive space.

Still waiting for a $15 mark on the actual game disc...

[quote name='LordVila']1.74 + 7.99 shipping so 9.73
Next cheapest is 9.78

The Alan Wake code is the new Valkyria Chronicles.[/QUOTE]

Or the new Dark Sector :lol:

[quote name='DirkBelig']Where are all these codes coming from?[/QUOTE]

One of the 360 Bundles has Alan Wake in code form as a pack-in game.

There are now three separate threads on the forum about this deal :)

man search sucks. I tried to find an old thread.. oh well. i'll close this.

and yes sorry i did forget to put +SH in title.

[quote name='naiku']^

in the case of amazon i dont believe 3rd party vendors are allowed to email codes to customers. they must ship items. some policy. Its stupid since it seems silly waiting around for digital content.[/QUOTE]

Very true and particularly annoying because Amazon themselves will email you codes for things like PSP content.

I bit on this. Cant beat this game for under $10. I have paid more for XBL Arcade games. Dont really care about any sort of resale because I tend to hold onto my games (and as MrKing stated you dont have to bother with a disc, which is nice since I got a 250GB HDD...and I dont care about the free Writer DLC because I purchased them both when they were on sale during new years for cheap). I borrowed this game from a buddy for a couple days and had a lot of fun with it. Figured the least I could do is pay $10 for it so I can finish it and beat the DLCs. Great stuff! :D

[quote name='Survivalism']Shipping is completely irrelevant. So it's too much, who cares? You're still paying $9 for a $30 game.[/QUOTE]

It's a $20 game on Amazon. And it's not irrelevant. When you add in the price of the first DLC which comes FREE with the disk, that brings the total to $16 for the code.

So here's your options.
$16 for the code + first DLC pack + use tons of HDD space
$20 for the game + first DLC pack + no HDD space used + ability to loan/resell disk

That $4 savings isn't much of a savings at all IMO.

[quote name='Survivalism']Shipping is completely irrelevant. So it's too much, who cares? You're still paying $9 for a $30 game.[/QUOTE]

You should know better than that by now. typical guy hit it right on the head with his post.

What are you people talking about? typical guy's post has nothing to do with the shipping. He's comparing the total cost of the game to the disc price. That's a different argument.

The shipping price of this game is designed to make the total ~$9. It costs them less than a dollar to ship it. If they reduced the shipping to a more reasonable amount like $3, they'd up the price to $6. There's no way they'd sell this for $1.74 and charge you the real shipping. It's a tactic to A) pay fewer fees and B) suck people in with an attractive and incredibly low price. The shipping cost is irrelevant. The total is the important part. Whether you think $9 is too much or you want the disc is a separate issue.

[quote name='louiedog']The shipping cost is irrelevant. The total is the important part.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that the total is the important part, the shipping is not irrelevant, as it indicates deceptive business practices. Should there be a problem with the code, the purchase price of $1.74 will be refunded, the $8 shipping won't.

So the shipping is directly relevant to who I chose to do business with, as I refuse to purchase from those trying to swindle customers with low prices and outrageous shipping.

[quote name='timobkg']While I agree that the total is the important part, the shipping is not irrelevant, as it indicates deceptive business practices. Should there be a problem with the code, the purchase price of $1.74 will be refunded, the $8 shipping won't.

So the shipping is directly relevant to who I chose to do business with, as I refuse to purchase from those trying to swindle customers with low prices and outrageous shipping.[/QUOTE]

You're not wrong about that. However, a CAG did have a problem with his code from this seller. They sent him an empty envelope by mistake. The company made it right pretty quickly. Unfortunately people keep submitting this as a new deal instead of reading the original thread, so that info isn't as readily available.

This is like the millionth time in the last two weeks that someone's posted one of these.

As I said before in the other threads, bad deal.

This is almost $10 for the game only and the disk comes with the first DLC, so here's the breakdown.

game + first DLC + installed on HDD = $17
game + first DLC + save HDD space + resellable/loanable disk = $20

$3 discount is not worth it.

[quote name='typical guy']This is like the millionth time in the last two weeks that someone's posted one of these.

As I said before in the other threads, bad deal.

This is almost $10 for the game only and the disk comes with the first DLC, so here's the breakdown.

game + first DLC + installed on HDD = $17
game + first DLC + save HDD space + resellable/loanable disk = $20

$3 discount is not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I stand by the deal, but you are entitled to your opinion and make a good point for those that did not know about the first DLC. I personally did not purchase any of the DLC and think that 10 bones is still a solid deal for this game. No question.

[quote name='smiley241275']I stand by the deal, but you are entitled to your opinion and make a good point for those that did not know about the first DLC. I personally did not purchase any of the DLC and think that 10 bones is still a solid deal for this game. No question.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Collectors Edition of the game last year on the week of Black Friday from Amazon for 29.99. I bought the second DLC pack on Christmas week on sale for 200 points ($2.50).

The DLC for this game extend the story.

[quote name='typical guy']I bought the Collectors Edition of the game last year on the week of Black Friday from Amazon for 29.99. I bought the second DLC pack on Christmas week on sale for 200 points ($2.50).

The DLC for this game extend the story.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was aware of the DLC back when I played it; but never bit on it.

bread's done
Back