Alan Wake Downloadable Game XBOX 360 (The Full Game) $12.48 shipped

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']I'm still hoping for the Platinum Hits with DLC version.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. There are only 2 dlc packs. One is free with purchase and one is 7 bucks at full price so 27 dollars for everything if you get it all at full price. If by some miracle they actually release a plat hits version, what will that cost? Btw I just finished the main campaign last night and holy shit that game is fucking fantastic.

I bit. I figured $12 for the game and $12 for both DLCs is close to the regular price of just the game, and I've been wanting to try this one out.

[quote name='typical guy']I don't get it. There are only 2 dlc packs. One is free with purchase and one is 7 bucks at full price so 27 dollars for everything if you get it all at full price. If by some miracle they actually release a plat hits version, what will that cost? Btw I just finished the main campaign last night and holy shit that game is fucking fantastic.[/QUOTE]

$30. It is a great deal as is.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']:) they contacted me, and gave me the code over email, since my package arrived with no card. :)

Very impressed with this seller.[/QUOTE]

Did they refund you the sipping cost though? If they just emailed you the code, you paid for an empty envelope.

got my card in the mail today from videocloseout, worked just fine.

glad i finally got this game, this was a good deal!

[quote name='typical guy']I don't get it. There are only 2 dlc packs. One is free with purchase and one is 7 bucks at full price so 27 dollars for everything if you get it all at full price. If by some miracle they actually release a plat hits version, what will that cost? Btw I just finished the main campaign last night and holy shit that game is fucking fantastic.[/QUOTE]It's not the cost. Most of the games I have are platinum hits. It's a collection thing.

I got mine from videocloseout. Code card was inside. Code of course worked like a charm. As far as Stephen's situation, it seems like an oversight. Minimum wage envelope stuffers might be to blame, who knows. It doesn't seem to be a universal situation. The company made it right, if not with a PITA tax, they still corrected the situation. That seems fair as it is dificult for them to trust Joe Blow that an envelope arrived empty. I'm not implying wrong doing on either side, I am just saying it looks like both parties are satisfied with the resolution. OP thanks for the heads up on the codes. I should have looked on EBay however to save the shipping but people vouched for the company so I traded a better deal for trustworthiness.

i ordered 2, but my brother bought i guess earlier, i will sell it for $10 if anyone missed the deal or wants it cheaper, which is a given CAG's

Indeed, i didnt raise a fuss over the paying for shipping because 2 reasons. THEY TRUSTED me, and its a great deal for 12 bucks. Dig?

Id buy from them again. Def.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KODHKM/

Saw this on slickdeals -> http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2676019

Its a download code for the full game of Alan Wake on the Xbox 360. Requires an internet connection and 6.3gb of hdd space for your game.

2.73+6.99 shipping = $9.72 which seems like a really cheap price for a really solid game. If this has been posted already somewhere just tell me.

edit - seems like since this isn't the retail version of the game (disk copy) you dont receive the first dlc pack for free. For those who were expecting it just letting u know.

Dammit. I don't see why people sell digital content and don't just email you the code. They want to waste their time and our money for shipping. I'll think about grabbing this one though. Thanks OP!

I bit on one. Not bad for the main game, and I will wait till they group all the DLC onto 1 disc to play the rest

I understand why they place high shipping. I'd rather them charge a $3 price and a $7 shipping fee but just email the code instead of actually mailing it.

^

in the case of amazon i dont believe 3rd party vendors are allowed to email codes to customers. they must ship items. some policy. Its stupid since it seems silly waiting around for digital content.

Thank you, I bit on this. Delivery to my US friend. If I can't use the code in Asia, he gets to use it instead!

Hmmm... in retrospect, it was very cheap of me not to just buy two, one each. Guess I'm definitely a CAG! :D

As the OP says, don't forget that a new, boxed retail version of Alan Wake includes an apparently decent 560-point DLC, but this download code does not. Having said that, I'm just going to get the DLC later if I like the game, and I'm pretty sure it would still work out cheaper. (560 points = $5.60 thanks to CAG pointing out all the $16/1600point deals!)

One more thing: no need to put the disc in to play! Hooray! :)

Bit on this. Wasn't ever too interested in the game but with the great reviews and a sub $10 price.. can't help it.

The download should be interesting considering the only way I can currently get my 360 on Live is through my phone's 3g connection(which to be fair, often pulls down around 4Mbps).

..but in reality for a 6gb download I will probably just switch my router to WEP for a bit so I can connect to my normal ISP.

If I download this and put my gamer profile (whatever it's called) on my grandfather's xbox 360, could he log in as me to download and play alan wake once I finish it? I like sharing games once I finish them.

[quote name='cerberez']If I download this and put my gamer profile (whatever it's called) on my grandfather's xbox 360, could he log in as me to download and play alan wake once I finish it? I like sharing games once I finish them.[/QUOTE]

It should be in download history but if you play on another xbox you have to be logged into live to play it on that one and none of the/other profiles on that console can play it.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Thank you, I bit on this. Delivery to my US friend. If I can't use the code in Asia, he gets to use it instead!

Hmmm... in retrospect, it was very cheap of me not to just buy two, one each. Guess I'm definitely a CAG! :D

As the OP says, don't forget that a new, boxed retail version of Alan Wake includes an apparently decent 560-point DLC, but this download code does not. Having said that, I'm just going to get the DLC later if I like the game, and I'm pretty sure it would still work out cheaper. (560 points = $5.60 thanks to CAG pointing out all the $16/1600point deals!)

One more thing: no need to put the disc in to play! Hooray! :)[/QUOTE]

Buying 2 would of been 15.07 for 2, or 7.53 each. Shipping only goes up a buck for buying more then 1.

Score!

I had gotten The Signal DLC free, and bought The Writer dlc on sale in anticipation of eventually finding AW in a deal.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='typical guy']It should be in download history but if you play on another xbox you have to be logged into live to play it on that one and none of the/other profiles on that console can play it.[/QUOTE]

Great, so my Grandfather could just sign in as me and play. I think I'll buy it.

thanks!

[quote name='cerberez']Great, so my Grandfather could just sign in as me and play. I think I'll buy it.

thanks![/QUOTE]

That is awesome.

Deleted two posts which were asking for folks to buy for them in exchange for X. People, you can't post that sort of thing in the Video Game Deals forum. This is posting deals only, requests for sales/trades/et cetera may ONLY be posted in the Video Game Trading Forum.

[quote name='nesagwa']$7 for shipping a piece of paper that costs 50 cents to ship in order to game the system = no go for me.[/QUOTE]

For what they are charging for "shipping", can they be reported to Amazon? This is clearly a way to make more $$$$ and evade more fees. But of course they could then raise their price. :whistle2:?

It probably couldn't be a standard size 10 envelope and they could add delivery confirmation, etc. Oversize padded envelope . . . if they choose. Shipping, handling, processing, etc.

[quote name='nesagwa']$7 for shipping a piece of paper that costs 50 cents to ship in order to game the system = no go for me.[/QUOTE]

Good grief..get off your moral high horse. Find another place you can get that game for less than $10.

1260528522_itcrowd-facepalm.gif

Great game for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

For those of you complaining about shipping, they're doing it for the same reason people do it on eBay. You don't get charged on your shipping fees when you sell something, so people raise the shipping price instead of the product's price to avoid fees.

[quote name='ksteele76']Good grief..get off your moral high horse. Find another place you can get that game for less than $10.[/QUOTE]

No. I will not pander to these assholes that do this. Its ruined eBay and now its creeping over into Amazon.

bread's done
Back