All six Star Wars coming out on BD - 09/27/11 (Amazon & BN.com pre-order links).

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Hell has officially frozen over:

http://starwars.com/themovies/saga/preorder_bluray/index.html

Link-lazy:
[quote name='From Starwars.com website']
Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray Now!

January 6, 2011

The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

* Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
* Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
* Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong."
[/quote]
Amazon links:
Prequel Trilogy (@ $44.99, $69.99 MSRP): http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy-Episodes/dp/B000PMG16U/
Original Trilogy (@ $44.99, $69.99 MSRP): http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Original-Trilogy-Episodes/dp/B000PMLFRA/
Complete Saga (@ $89.99, $139.99 MSRP): http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/

BN.com has the set cheaper, as long as you pay with a VISA card:
[quote name='phantomfriar2002']BN.com has the set for $71 plus tax thanks to a 20% off one-item code for Visa cardholders (R7V9J9N).

If you get cashback from various sites, you can save another $3, so the total was $73 for me shipped after tax. That's a nice savings over the Amazon deal.

I highly doubt you'll be seeing this set lower even on Black Friday. :)
[/QUOTE]

Coupon listed above expires on 02/07/11. Problem is, it may not work:

[quote name='arcane93']Just looked at the "eligibility requirements" for the coupon:

This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
So that would probably be why the pre-orders are being cancelled. Pretty lame of them to just do it without an explanation, though.[/QUOTE]

01/13/11 EDIT: BN.com has been canceling orders left and right without any explanation to why if ordered with the coupon code.

BN.com order links:
Complete Series @ $89.59: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Star-Wars-The-Complete-Saga/Mark-Hamill/e/24543742180/
Original Saga @ $44.79: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Star-Wars-Original-Trilogy/Mark-Hamill/e/24543742074/
Prequel Trilogy @ $44.79: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy/Ewan-McGregor/e/24543742098/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallascowboys']I'm a huge Star Wars fan myself, and I don't see why everyone has to bitch about not having the exact original copies. I actually like the special edition versions better.[/QUOTE]

facepalm.jpg

[quote name='dallascowboys']Like you would really know.[/QUOTE]

double-facepalm.jpg

[quote name='dallascowboys']I'm a huge Star Wars fan myself, and I don't see why everyone has to bitch about not having the exact original copies. I actually like the special edition versions better.[/QUOTE]
Alright, hand in the yoda ears and the replica lightsaber and GTFO.

;)

Ordered as a placeholder, looking forward to it either way.

Still, a September release? Surely it'll come sooner.

[quote name='shrike4242']Right now, each trilogy is half the price of the complete series, so it's worth getting the whole thing if you might be interested in the other trilogy at some point.

Always good to placeholder this for a while, though as we've seen with some sets in the past, it's not always cheapest at release (hello, Alien series).

I wonder if the UK versions will be region-free, and if so, if it'll be the same situation as the Alien series with the UK sets being cheaper. Knowing Lucas, probably not.

I'd guess they'll probably be the special editions, since those were the only ones put to DVD. If you want original cuts, break out the VHS or LaserDisc.

They could certainly do it with seamless branching if they wanted to, though I doubt it since Lucas redid the whole trilogy from top to bottom.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm getting a new VCR and going to track down some tapes of them or getting a LaserDisc player and getting them on laser disc.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

A bit of trivia on the reason the theatrical DVDs were non-anamorphic: Lucas is so lazy, such a cheapass, and so utterly contemptuous of the original theatrical trilogy and the people who love it, that for the theatrical edition DVDs, they literally just made rips of the old Laserdisc releases (which of course, weren't anamorphic), did some really awful color "correction" (basically, they just thoughtlessly cranked up the saturation throughout the movies), and slapped that on a DVD.[/QUOTE]

So are the LaserDiscs in 16:9 and not shit or are they shit too?

[quote name='myka22']I considered pre-ordering, but I am sick of supporting Lucas. I want the special features, but I refuse to pay for those crappy prequels.[/QUOTE]

I never owned star wars on DVD but had A New Hope on VHS. Can not remember if it was widescreen or full screen though. I had it when I was a kid and don't even remember where I got it.

I didn't mind some of it when it first came out in the 90's but I was 10 I think when they came back out. So I was dumb. I was just at a friends place this past weekend watching them and could not get over how bad it was. I will say not all was bad but I will never buy the DVDs and hope that the ending to Jedi is with David Prowse and not Hayden Christensen. That was where I drew the line.

EDIT: Also I'm puting in a preorder for the 9 disc set only for the extra 3 that I am going to hope are extras and not digital copies. I wonder out of everyone that gets the 9 disc set who will even watch The Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith and Revenge of the Sith.

[quote name='sendme']EDIT: Also I'm puting in a preorder for the 9 disc set only for the extra 3 that I am going to hope are extras and not digital copies. I wonder out of everyone that gets the 9 disc set who will even watch The Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith and Revenge of the Sith.[/QUOTE]

uhh, I will and take the opportunity to introduce my 5 year old properly to it (all he's seen is edited for TV versions, and you guys complain about extra footage, try watching it on TBS ;)..) I only had the first box set on VHS and a DVD copy of Attack of the Clones. In fact, I think when these come in, we'll make a weekend marathon out of it! :)

I'm not going to get on the fanboy train, but I'll go with the extra footage like why my wife asks why I chose Directors or Extended versions to play on movie discs. At some point, somebody thought it would make the film better and be a bonus for long time fans. We all go rabid when we get to see Hill Valley High on fire (/demolished) in the extra scenes from BTTF, so why is there so much harm done with extra scenes in these Star Wars films? Lucas and co. did us a favor by re-releasing these with more stuff, no complaints here. Plus, this is BD after all, one line of code will make it pop up to watch the OG versions or the extended, count on it.

[quote name='sendme']So are the LaserDiscs in 16:9 and not shit or are they shit too?[/QUOTE]

The laserdiscs are the theatrical editions (most of the laserdisc runs predate the creation of the Special Editions), and they have the movies in their original 2.35:1 aspect ratios, but not anamorphic.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Still, a September release? Surely it'll come sooner.[/QUOTE]
Why "surely"? The official press release pretty clearly says September.

I was excited when I saw this thread and immediately preordered. Then I came in here and saw the conversation and all I can say is fuck Star Wars, just give me the Indiana Jones trilogy on Bluray (Trilogy!!) and I will be happy. I used to love Star Wars but it has literally become the model who used to be hot and is now a sagging drug addicted whore on the verge of death ...

[quote name='etcrane']I used to love Star Wars but it has literally become the model who used to be hot and is now a sagging drug addicted whore on the verge of death ...[/QUOTE]

I just love when people use the word "literally" to mean the exact opposite of what it actually means.

To all those who hated the SEs, all I can say is that Jedi SE was awesome compared to the newer DVD release version, that has fucking Haden Christiansen (or however you spell his name) imposed over the original Anakin as a ghost at the end. That pisses me off so bad every time I see it. I can accept Greedo shooting first more than I can accept that.

[quote name='bfett9']I am a little sad Lucas is refusing to release originals but lets be honest if he hasn't done it by now he probably won't[/QUOTE]

To be fair, people said the same thing about the DVDs, and two years later, we got the original editions on DVD (even though it was a completely half-assed release).

Now, a Blu-Ray release of the original editions of the movies would require actual time, money, and effort, unlike the DVDs, but I'm just saying, at some point, they'll run out of other ways to make money off the movies. I still think it will happen, someday. It's too important.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Now, a Blu-Ray release of the original editions of the movies would require actual time, money, and effort, unlike the DVDs, but I'm just saying, at some point, they'll run out of other ways to make money off the movies. I still think it will happen, someday. It's too important.[/QUOTE]

Lucas will never run out of ways to take your money...trust. He's probably already working on the 3D versions as we speak.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I just love when people use the word "literally" to mean the exact opposite of what it actually means.[/QUOTE]

Actually, literally can also be defined as 'very nearly' in addition to its more common usage, oh wise one. ;)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Now, a Blu-Ray release of the original editions of the movies would require actual time, money, and effort, unlike the DVDs[/QUOTE]

Hey, maybe if we complain loudly enough, we'll get non-anamporhic standard definition rips of the Laser Disc versions on the blu-ray as well! :lol:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I still think it will happen, someday. It's too important.[/QUOTE]

Probably -- when Lucas is dead and gone and whoever takes charge of his estate decides they're more interested in the money than in his "artistic vision".

[quote name='arcane93']Probably -- when Lucas is dead and gone and whoever takes charge of his estate decides they're more interested in the money than in his "artistic vision".[/QUOTE]
I have always thought this. Once Lucas dies, there will be sequels to the original trilogy. There will be TV shows, spinoffs, all kinds of crap. If anyone thinks Lucas has been a terrible sellout (which he has), just wait for his kids.

Only care about episodes I-III, but still ordered the whole set. I love how most of these posts are just prequel/special edition hate.

[quote name='ackbar7']I have always thought this. Once Lucas dies, there will be sequels to the original trilogy. There will be TV shows, spinoffs, all kinds of crap. If anyone thinks Lucas has been a terrible sellout (which he has), just wait for his kids.[/QUOTE]
Well there already is a TV show on Cartoon Network. Plus there were talks of a live action show as well a few years back (closer to the Old Republic time line if I remember right), but I think it fell through after budget.

That and they kinda have to sell out. There's always great money potential in Star Wars and it's stupid not to exploit it. Plus it's got to be relevant to an all new generation, hence the cartoon right now.

goddamnit i am going to have to buy the complete set for those extras, guess i could sell episodes 1-3 and make some money back, only care about 4-6

I just cannot bite on this. There are certain alterations I can tolerate, and some I do not even mind, but then there are other alterations such as replacing with Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen, or replacing Boba Fett's voice, that just ruin the experience for me.

[quote name='ackbar7']I have always thought this. Once Lucas dies, there will be sequels to the original trilogy. There will be TV shows, spinoffs, all kinds of crap. If anyone thinks Lucas has been a terrible sellout (which he has), just wait for his kids.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be a sad day when they announce that they are remaking the originals.

do these tiny edits really bother people that much?
I consider myself a big Star Wars fan, I was born in '91 and didn't see Star Wars until the '97 SE VHSs came out, but from then on I loved Star Wars. The '04 DVDs came out and I got those right away, sure I noticed the little edits but I didn't mind, I don't watch the movies for those tiny little edits in the background. I watch for the great characters and amazing space battles that still fascinate people today, who cares if there is a CGI character in the background here and there. Honestly I always wondered "who's that old guy" in Jedi when you see Vader's ghost. Hayden being there doesn't bother me at all, it doesn't change the plot of the movie and I don't care if they want to change little things like that further. I did eventually see the original versions when they were released on DVD in '06 and I'm glad I have seen them in their original version but when I got to watch a Star Wars movie today I always reach for the '04 versions not the originals because I like having the cleaned up look and enhanced special effects.

The thing that upsets me the most is that Greedo shot first in the edits - total BS, Greedo had it coming, Han did not need him to shoot first. Han is cold blooded - he scrached the wall so Greedo wouldn't hear him getting his gun and then he shot him dead before Greedo could do anything, but fall forward dead as a door nail - end of story. To me that is one of the things that sets up Han's entire character. All the crap in the background is just distracting, but I really don't care. I do much prefer the original movies though - mostly because Han shot first. Also, who in here actually believes that Lucas had thought out all 6 movies prior to making A New Hope - also BS.

I like Star Wars and action figures. I wonder if they'll ever release Star Wars themed action figures; that would be beast.

On a serious note, I dropped a pre-order for Episodes IV-VI. Regardless of how I feel about the reedits, I cannot argue ~$15 for hi definition copies of the film. Life's too short.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The laserdiscs are the theatrical editions (most of the laserdisc runs predate the creation of the Special Editions), and they have the movies in their original 2.35:1 aspect ratios, but not anamorphic.

Why "surely"? The official press release pretty clearly says September.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a good thing that they are not? Looked it up on wiki and it seems like one would not want anamorphic.

[quote name='ackbar7']To all those who hated the SEs, all I can say is that Jedi SE was awesome compared to the newer DVD release version, that has fucking Haden Christiansen (or however you spell his name) imposed over the original Anakin as a ghost at the end. That pisses me off so bad every time I see it. I can accept Greedo shooting first more than I can accept that.[/QUOTE]

That is why I never got the DVDs. It is also why I am still not sure if I want to keep my order or not.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']I just cannot bite on this. There are certain alterations I can tolerate, and some I do not even mind, but then there are other alterations such as replacing with Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen, or replacing Boba Fett's voice, that just ruin the experience for me.[/QUOTE]

It has been a long time that I have seen the movies that were not changed. I didn't even know they changed Boba Fett's voice.

[quote name='megma42']Also, who in here actually believes that Lucas had thought out all 6 movies prior to making A New Hope - also BS.[/QUOTE]I don't! I'm quite sure Lucas had a general backstory in mind when he made A New Hope, but nothing more concrete than that. Just think about "I am your father" - it loses all of its impact with the prequels in the equation.

[quote name='Indignate']It's going to be a sad day when they announce that they are remaking the originals.[/QUOTE]
I wish they would.

[quote name='machindo']On a serious note, I dropped a pre-order for Episodes IV-VI. Regardless of how I feel about the reedits, I cannot argue ~$15 for hi definition copies of the film. Life's too short.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's pretty much my feeling on it. I'm not thrilled with all of the edits, but at the same time . . . it's Star Wars. In HD. You know what? I know what the story should be, and I can fill in the gaps as necessary. But everything else, I'll be able to watch in HD. Yup. If I thought there was a chance in hell of the theatrical versions coming out, I'd wait (like I'm holding out for the extended LotR blu-rays), but since it's hard to tell when or even if it's going to happen, I'll take what I can get. Honestly, I'm betting that by the time it comes out, a good number of those people who are saying they won't buy it now will feel the same way.

Beyond that, eh . . . I don't like the direction they took the overall series in, and I'll never like Episode I because Jar Jar was just too annoying, but (and I'm sure I'll get attacked by a nerd-raging fanboy for this, but oh well) . . . viewed completely independently, as their own set of films without relation to the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy really isn't that bad. If I try to view them as a continuous story with the original trilogy, I just get mad, but if I treat them as their own separate entity, I can actually enjoy them. (Or maybe I'm just trying really, really hard to justify buying the complete set to get those three discs of special features . . . )

[quote name='sendme']Isn't that a good thing that they are not? Looked it up on wiki and it seems like one would not want anamorphic.[/QUOTE]

Um . . . you should probably read that wiki again . . . or maybe look to sources other than a wiki for your information.

[quote name='megma42']Also, who in here actually believes that Lucas had thought out all 6 movies prior to making A New Hope - also BS.[/QUOTE]

Actually, yeah, he had. Probably not every little detail, but he definitely had a plan -- Episode IV has always been Episode IV, that tag wasn't added later. In fact, he had originally planned it as nine movies -- there were supposed to be three after Return of the Jedi as well (funny, he denies it now, but I specifically remember hearing about that plan all the way back in the early 80s). He scrapped those plans when it took him so long to get around to making Episodes I-III.

The question, of course, is how much his ideas for Episodes I-III changed from the time that he was planning them in the late 70s until he actually started making them in the late 90s. Only he really knows that, probably.

Again, I'd guess he just had a general backstory in mind. Not with much detail, and not parsed into three distinct chapters. Dumb shit like anakin building C-3PO was obviously not intended from the beginning. People just love shoehorning pointless coincidences into prequels, whether it adds anything to the story or not (they did this crap in X-Men Origins too).

I can wait on this one, it falls too close to Black Friday for there not to be a better deal on it down the line and blu boxsets seem to drop like rocks in price anyway so either the UK edition will be cheaper or it will end up as a BF deal.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']do these tiny edits really bother people that much?
I consider myself a big Star Wars fan, I was born in '91 and didn't see Star Wars until the '97 SE VHSs came out, but from then on I loved Star Wars. The '04 DVDs came out and I got those right away, sure I noticed the little edits but I didn't mind, I don't watch the movies for those tiny little edits in the background. I watch for the great characters and amazing space battles that still fascinate people today, who cares if there is a CGI character in the background here and there. Honestly I always wondered "who's that old guy" in Jedi when you see Vader's ghost. Hayden being there doesn't bother me at all, it doesn't change the plot of the movie and I don't care if they want to change little things like that further. I did eventually see the original versions when they were released on DVD in '06 and I'm glad I have seen them in their original version but when I got to watch a Star Wars movie today I always reach for the '04 versions not the originals because I like having the cleaned up look and enhanced special effects.[/QUOTE]Yes. It's distracting. The CGI effect clash with the organic effects, and many of the alterations change the movie, artistically. One thing to make changes to "minor" or background material, such as increasing the number of Stormtroopers in the New Hope rescue scene, re-doing/touching-up the lightsaber/explosion effects, changing the text of the opening crawl, altering sky shot before the Death Star fight in New Hope, etc. I can tolerate or accept those sort of changes. Those are "tiny" edits. Hell, at least in principal, I even kind of like the idea of certain changes, such as adding deleted scenes (even if CGI Jabba looks horrible), and expanding the teddy bear picnic celebration (even though it's case of the CGI effects clashing with the organic effects). However, when the CGI take center stage (e.g. Mos Eisley), or when a actor is replaced (e.g. Emperor and Boba Fett in Empire, Anakin in Jedi), it takes me out of the experience. When something takes me out of the experience, how is that "tiny"? Simply put, it's not. It's a big deal. A very big deal. At least, it is for me.

*Sighs*

However, despite all of that, I was lying myself to say I would not bite on this. If I find a solid deal, I will bite, because for the simple matter of the fact we are super unlikely, at best, to see a HD transfer of the original theatrical cuts anytime soon, if ever. If I want Star Wars on BD (and I do), unfortunately, this set is my only choice.

The worst thing they did to the DVD version of Jedi was the Naboo celebration scene, complete with a Gungan yelling "Wee-sa free!" Ugh.

[quote name='BustaUppa']The worst thing they did to the DVD version of Jedi was the Naboo celebration scene, complete with a Gungan yelling "Wee-sa free!" Ugh.[/QUOTE]
Goddammit. Why did you bring that up? WHY?!

[quote name='arcane93']Beyond that, eh . . . I don't like the direction they took the overall series in, and I'll never like Episode I because Jar Jar was just too annoying, but (and I'm sure I'll get attacked by a nerd-raging fanboy for this, but oh well) . . . viewed completely independently, as their own set of films without relation to the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy really isn't that bad. If I try to view them as a continuous story with the original trilogy, I just get mad, but if I treat them as their own separate entity, I can actually enjoy them. (Or maybe I'm just trying really, really hard to justify buying the complete set to get those three discs of special features . . . )[/QUOTE]If you are saying the prequel trilogy is not the complete travesty some Star Wars geeks have made them to be, I agree. Problem here is the expectation game (i.e. the Fable syndrome). However, they are still not good, either, whether they be judged separately from the Original Trilogy or not. In general, they are merely okay. All of them, in general, suffer from wooden acting, dry dialog, cheesy characters, pacing issues, etc.

Not to say Original Trilogy is perfect, either. Personally, I've always found C-3P0 to be annoying (not on the level of a Jar-Jar, mind you, but a pest, nonetheless), Luke was bit of a brat in A New Hope, and of course, there's the teddy bears in Return of the Jedi.

[quote name='BustaUppa']The worst thing they did to the DVD version of Jedi was the Naboo celebration scene, complete with a Gungan yelling "Wee-sa free!" Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Sadly enough, this is what is keeping me from actually pre-ordering. That and the whole Boba Fett voice thing honestly and so many other changes. Like changing Sebastan Shaw with Hayden Christian. Ugh, the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off now. I just can't see dropping $90 on SE set that I don't even like in the first place. If it was the Original series, I wouldn't think twice. So for now, it's either the VHS or the non anamorphic DVD's for me. My VHS is getting pretty bad as well from all the play throughs.

[quote name='etcrane']I was excited when I saw this thread and immediately preordered. Then I came in here and saw the conversation and all I can say is fuck Star Wars, just give me the Indiana Jones trilogy on Bluray (Trilogy!!) and I will be happy. I used to love Star Wars but it has literally become the model who used to be hot and is now a sagging drug addicted whore on the verge of death ...[/QUOTE]

problem is IJ is no longer a trilogy.. By the time they do release IJ on blu-ray, I am sure they will have cranked out IJ 5 the quest for cash..

I have the widescreen set for the original trilogy. Considering the prices of the DVD versions dropped a lot, I'll just wait until these sets come down. I can wait a year or two since I've seen the movies so many times and since I already own a perfectly good looking DVD set that can be upconverted.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Again, I'd guess he just had a general backstory in mind. Not with much detail, and not parsed into three distinct chapters. Dumb shit like anakin building C-3PO was obviously not intended from the beginning. People just love shoehorning pointless coincidences into prequels, whether it adds anything to the story or not (they did this crap in X-Men Origins too).[/QUOTE]

Actually, I am pretty sure him building C-3PO was intended. In Empire, Vader stops Fett (I believe) from shooting Chewbacca when he rages on some stormtroopers with C-3PO on his back when Han gets frozen in carbonite, and is mentioned in other sources that he built him before the special editions.

[quote name='Blade3D']Actually, I am pretty sure him building C-3PO was intended. In Empire, Vader stops Fett (I believe) from shooting Chewbacca when he rages on some stormtroopers with C-3PO on his back when Han gets frozen in carbonite, and is mentioned in other sources that he built him before the special editions.[/QUOTE]It will gradually be revealed that Anakin is somehow the father of every major character in Star Wars.

bread's done
Back