All Video Games Gold Box Event Starting 12am PST 4/13/09 @ Amazon

gunm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Amazon Gold Box Video Game Deals

Clues:
6:00am PDT - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360.
10:00am PDT - Even more songs for your Wii.
11:00am PDT - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS.
01:00pm PDT - Take triviality on the road with your PSP.
03:00pm PDT - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101.
05:00pm PDT - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3.
06:00pm PDT - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2.

Edit: DoTD is all versions of Shawn White Snowboarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oscargrouch']Its not a matter of being scared. Its a matter of balancing priorities. If I pick this up, I have to give up something else I might want. Its a fair trade off, I can't buy every game I want, no more than my wife can buy everything she wants. And I will go to too many games next month, so its kinda pushing the edge on game consumption :)[/quote]
That's a completely different situation than what I was responding to, which is people finding ways to hide their purchases from their significant others.

Not having the money in the budget is one thing; having the money but creeping around with it in the shadows is another. :D

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Fire Emblem on Wii is hard as freakin balls. Almost to the point that it's not that fun.[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend had serious Tourette's playing this game.

She still complains about "stupid fucking Laura" to this day.

[quote name='Leisser-Kaiser']6:00am - Warriors Orochi 2 for Xbox 360.
10:00am - Rockband 2 for Wii
11:00am - Fire Emblem I'm sure (DS)
01:00pm - Probably like Buzz Quiz/Trivial Pursuit for PSP
03:00pm - Fallout 3 most likely
05:00pm - I'm guessing Killzone 2, but that would honestly surprise me. I haven't bought it, but if its at a fair price I just might.
06:00pm - Probably Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2, which we have seen a couple deals of now. Im guessing its not selling well for the PS2.[/quote]

I think the vault 101 has to be Fallout 3, and I think the one that says go on tour sounds like guitar hero world tour. I have no clue what in the zone is.

[quote name='Nirron']Darn it! If only Amazon had sent me my $20 off new game code by today. I'm assuming the promotions stack.[/quote]

I forgot my Amazon coupon codes at home. I don't feel like buying this if Amazon gives a good deal on Killzone later today. Gotta pick my poison

[quote name='Jodou']Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon DS $20.[/quote]

Still debating on this one. I have two fire emblem games I haven't played yet do I really need another. On the other hand I really like srpg and this would be the only one I have on a portable.

the fire emblem wii difficulty is only at the very beginning, when they give you the underpowered (and forgettable) characters, difficulty smooths out nicely later on

[quote name='vherub']the fire emblem wii difficulty is only at the very beginning, when they give you the underpowered (and forgettable) characters, difficulty smooths out nicely later on[/QUOTE]

Yep, and it took me a year to figure that out.

Jumped on Fire Emblem, also added a book to get FSSS. I just checked out the page but it says they're all claimed now, why is that?

Edit: Nevermind, I is stupid. I just now realized Amazon does that to prevent multiple buys on one account

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Wait...its dead with 28% claimed?[/quote]

No it is still active at 30%. Try completely closing your browser and going back to the page. Just bought one.

I can put it in my cart, but as soon as I log in, it takes it out and says that I have already purchased one, which is incorrect.

Tried 2 different browsers :|

You don't need filler to get free shipping on Fire Emblem. Or did you mean Shaun white? $7 of filler just for free shipping :whistle2:s

[quote name='Leisser-Kaiser']6:00am - Warriors Orochi 2 for Xbox 360.
10:00am - Rockband 2 for Wii
11:00am - Fire Emblem I'm sure (DS)
01:00pm - Probably like Buzz Quiz/Trivial Pursuit for PSP
03:00pm - Fallout 3 most likely
05:00pm - I'm guessing Killzone 2, but that would honestly surprise me. I haven't bought it, but if its at a fair price I just might.
06:00pm - Probably Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2, which we have seen a couple deals of now. Im guessing its not selling well for the PS2.[/quote]

the 6 o'clock deal could also be SSX: On Tour?

Since the before price discount is higher than 25, it will ship for free.

Mine was ordered with free shipping. glad to not have to look for filler.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but is it possible that the "Get your PS3 out of Vault 101" is actually Oblivion: GOTY Edition? I was thinking this, cause while Fallout 3 is insanely obvious, maybe they said it that way to mean getting away from the game, like your already in Vault 101, and need to get out. Bethesda, of course, would be what connects them. I think it'll be Fallout 3, but this did make me wonder, lol.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I've got a FE in my cart but can't come up with a good $5 item for filler that's useful..[/quote]

It's true -- you don't need filler.

Before I get to the checkout screen, it will tell me that I need $5.01 for free shipping, but once you get to checkout, you can select free shipping anyway because the original item price is greater than $25.

Since I didn't have to find filler, it was a no-brainer. Ordered.

[quote name='blandstalker']It's true -- you don't need filler.

Before I get to the checkout screen, it will tell me that I need $5.01 for free shipping, but once you get to checkout, you can select free shipping anyway because the original item price is greater than $25.

Since I didn't have to find filler, it was a no-brainer. Ordered.[/quote]

Thanks, I got rid of my filler because of this. $20 shipped is awesome :applause:

[quote name='Jodou']Buzz! Master Quiz PSP $10.[/QUOTE]

Buzz! Master Quiz for PSP
List Price: $19.99
Amazon's Price: $17.99 (10% off)
Gold Box Discount: - $8.01

Gold Box Price: $9.98 (50% off)

Comments | (4)

Discount applied at checkout.
One per customer.

tempted anyone know if this is a good game

[quote name='Jodou']Buzz! Master Quiz PSP $10.[/quote]

thanks for the constant updates.. it's hard to read it on Amazon's website.

something you got to remember

Purchase this video game product and get a select video game magazine at 50% off - that's half of our already low subscription price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

So that is like taking more cash off the game since your getting a magizine for 50% off.... so better deal

[quote name='the_punisher']This game worth $10?[/quote]

It got pretty mediocre reviews. Most complaints are directed at the single player, although the game sounds like it's been stripped down a little too much from the console versions overall for most people's liking. I was curious about it myself, but I'm going to pass.

For everybody who thinks that Killzone 2 will not be below 50 bucks:

Killzone 2 is 52.99 right now on amazon........... I think that there is a good chance it will be more than 3 dollars off........

Now, just gotta hope that the game is actually Killzone 2.

Figures. The very first deal today I wanted, and I miss it. Geez, Buzz for the PSP must have sold out in like 10 minutes, if that.

[quote name='cmart05']or not considering it was only out on the PS2.[/quote]

And the fact that current PS3 models can't play PS2 games...

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']For everybody who thinks that Killzone 2 will not be below 50 bucks:

Killzone 2 is 52.99 right now on amazon........... I think that there is a good chance it will be more than 3 dollars off........

Now, just gotta hope that the game is actually Killzone 2.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but I'll probably miss it too :whistle2:/

I didn't realize it was already $7 off-that does bode well for it being cheaper than $50. And I don't know what else it would be other than Killzone 2...but I'm ready for it to somehow or other be a Petz game :D

[quote name='Halo05']Wow, stunned that Fire Emblem didn't sell more @ 20. I'm bummed out that I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Don't be, it was not a good version of Fire Emblem.

[quote name='Halo05']Wow, stunned that Fire Emblem didn't sell more @ 20. I'm bummed out that I missed it.[/QUOTE]

The thing that keeps me away from Fire Emblem is the supposed steep learning curve that everyone seems to tout. Also, the gameplay mechanic of your characters permanently getting removed if they are killed in battle does not sound intriguing in the least bit.

I'm used (kind of) to the FE mechanics. Then again, if it's already down to $20 for this sale, it'll drop again either to 20 or lower.

[quote name='gunm']It got pretty mediocre reviews. Most complaints are directed at the single player, although the game sounds like it's been stripped down a little too much from the console versions overall for most people's liking. I was curious about it myself, but I'm going to pass.[/quote]

I've been playing Buzz on PSP the last couple of days, and I actually enjoyed the single player quite a bit. There are a decent amount of different types of quizzes on it. I'm not sure about multiplayer (haven't tried that yet). I would say if you like any of the other Buzz games (or trivia games period), that it is well worth $10.

For the 5:00 (Pacific) deal, I'm going to say the clue refers to zone defenses... Therefore I predict NBA 09: The Inside, or possibly Madden 09.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Don't be, it was not a good version of Fire Emblem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='morphineseason']The thing that keeps me away from Fire Emblem is the supposed steep learning curve that everyone seems to tout. Also, the gameplay mechanic of your characters permanently getting removed if they are killed in battle does not sound intriguing in the least bit.[/QUOTE]

I hated it the DS Fire Emblem. Enjoyed the Gamecube one a lot, gave up on the Wii one (though not until fairly far in). But the DS one got harder than even the Wii one by the 7th mission-and THAT was on its easiest difficulty setting!

If you like hard games, and like the series...but I hate hard games. More now than ever given I don't have to put up with retrying something in a game 40 times since I can just move on to the next game.

[quote name='dboy81']For the 5:00 (Pacific) deal, I'm going to say the clue refers to zone defenses... Therefore I predict NBA 09: The Inside, or possibly Madden 09.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing ;). Sounds like a sports game to me.

[quote name='dboy81']For the 5:00 (Pacific) deal, I'm going to say the clue refers to zone defenses... Therefore I predict NBA 09: The Inside, or possibly Madden 09.
[/quote]

[quote name='IceSharktank']I was thinking the same thing ;). Sounds like a sports game to me.[/quote]

Right on... in fact your avatar made me smack my forehead- could be a hockey game as well. NHL 2K9?

[quote name='dboy81']Right on... in fact your avatar made me smack my forehead- could be a hockey game as well. NHL 2K9?[/quote]

lol, the first thing that came to mind was Autozone. The marvels of marketing.

bread's done
Back