Amazon All Gold Box Event -- LIVE -- Xbox 360 Bonus Offers Aug 28-31 (Updated)

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Deal of the Day
:pc: The Sims 3 $29.98

Lightning Deals

6 am -- Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game.
9 am -- Fore!
11 am -- Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2 pm -- Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game.
5 pm -- Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game.
8 pm -- Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.

Also the 360 price drops (pro and elite) have hit amazon and they have some bonus offers for those who purchase 360s.

Elite -- Free 12+1 Month Live
Pro -- Free Halo 3, Fable 2, or Halo Wars
Arcade -- Free Lost Odyssey or Banjo - Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well. Only things I was looking for were $20 copies of LBP and Fable 2; sure I'll find them at that price eventually. My wallet gets to breath a sigh of relief...for now.

According to Google:

6AM- Winter Sports Ultimate Challenge (Wii)
9AM- Hot Shots Golf Fore! (PS2) *wrong* the listings page shows this game ships from a third party, Tiger Woods is a good bet since it's been a DotD twice recently
11AM- Google doesn't know, prob Madden NFL 10
2PM- Wii Ski (Wii) hahahaha, not going to be EA Sports Active here
5PM- Wii Ski and Snowboard (Wii) hahahaha, this proves it
8PM- Google suggests a rape game, prob NCAA 10

Good night!

This is depressing.. I was saving the dollars for a shiny new toy... not white plastic bookends.

Indiana Jones: It's a lot of fun, but if you don't mind slightly outdated graphics, Sims 2 is just as fun, and already has piles of expansions available, with discounted bundles, etc.

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']ugh.. Wii games.. and all of them sound like shovelware.

last one might be Tiger Woods. if it's $25 or less than I'll jump on it[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I'm so tired of these Wii/DS Goldbox deals dominating the video game section. I even own a Wii, but there's hardly anything there I'd pay money for. I was really, really hoping for a sub- $30 Fable 2. Even at $25, I would have bitten. Oh well. Nothing for me today. :/

I may actually get Wii Ski and Snowboard if it is cheap enough (like $10). Gotta have some use for that Wii Fit accessory ;). My son was actually playing SSX On Tour on the GC the other day so maybe he'd like that.

Waste of a day on Amazon. My quick picks were all bullshit PC games, from me getting that free game with MP3s the other day. Seriously Amazon, ddon't use my recommendations or anything like that.

The football games are probably Madden 09

[quote name='benjamouth']Geez, all Wii or Sport games by the look of it.[/QUOTE]

EA sports titles at that. Tiger Woods, Madden, and Go Fit or whatever it's called for sure.

Wow. I, along with numerous others, called it. Another shit Gold Box Amazon Video Game Day. They have sucked hard for the past half a dozen time so why would this be any different. My wallet is safe, yet again, from Amazon.

o well knew i should of grabbed kingdom hearts 365 for the ds yesterday but though I better save my cash for today... ALL Junk and now my gold box is pure junk aswell

I can take or leave most of the Wii junk, but if those are significant discounts on Tiger Woods or Madden, then that would be worth something to someone (not me, since I already have both games). I agree its disappointing to see all sports titles, but there could still be some deals in there.

Man, all of it might just be Wii junk. No offense to Wii owners (myself included) but the Wii is more dust collector than anything. Hope for Madden 10 (xbox) at $30, since I never buy sports game anyway, I'm gonna be super picky.

Picked up Sims 3 at $27, only game my gf has been asking me about and I finally got a decent price on it.

Obligatory Jasper question: are the consoles in the new fall 2009 elite packaging Jaspers? I know they are sans component cables, but I have an extra HDMI and don't need them.

LOL. "This shitty Gold Box/DotD brought to you by EA...EA, because you can't spell Eat Ass without EA"

Seriously...what a thinly veiled attempt for amazon and EA to liquidate a ton of outdated and recent yet less-than-stellar-sales-numbers trash. Ah well, if you're a casual gamer/soccer mom/female, then I'm sure you will be in heaven. Of course, you know each of the "deals" will sell out in a matter of minutes.

At least during the past amazon all games gold boxes, there were one or two "okay" deals...this one is no doubt going to be a dog every which way...

This threadcrapping is ridiculous.

Anybody bashing Tiger Woods 2010 Wii is a complete moron. It's the best golf game out there.

[quote name='maximumzero']Hah, so much nerd rage in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe so many people actually get pissed off over something like this.

I wonder if you could get the Elite with Halo and Fable and also get the Xbox live card. The deal just shows up on the newest elite page, but the deal just says an elite, not the newest elite. Im sure customer service would give it to you.

[quote name='Plinko']This threadcrapping is ridiculous.

Anybody bashing Tiger Woods 2010 Wii is a complete moron. It's the best golf game out there.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone here is bashing the game. Most of the gamers on this site are 360 and/or PS3 owners. The announcement of an "all video games" gold box got them excited, and then finding out that there will be nothing for 360/PS3 is a let down.

[quote name='FArgus']I wonder if you could get the Elite with Halo and Fable and also get the Xbox live card. The deal just shows up on the newest elite page, but the deal just says an elite, not the newest elite. Im sure customer service would give it to you.[/QUOTE]
It would probably work, but those bundles definitely don't have the jasper chip.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Obligatory Jasper question: are the consoles in the new fall 2009 elite packaging Jaspers? I know they are sans component cables, but I have an extra HDMI and don't need them.[/QUOTE]

I've read yes and no. Just to be safe I bought an arcade this morning.

[quote name='aheineken']and then finding out that there will be nothing for 360/PS3 is a let down.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say that. The 11 am and 8 pm deals looks like Madden, or NCAA FB(which isn't on the Wii btw).

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Another crappy Amazon gold box event with nothing but Wii shovelware.[/QUOTE]

Assuming the golf game is Tiger Woods 10 for the Wii, calling it shovelware is pretty ignorant. Its the best sports game on the Wii by a long stretch.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Or maybe Black College Football Experience: Doug Williams Edition
http://www.bcfxgame.com/[/QUOTE]

they allow something like this out but put a game out called... The white person game and the black people will be in the streets protesting ...

intersting game ... wonder if it will be in the bargin bin soon or hard to find

Tiger Woods Wii was 30 bucks a week or so ago as DotD (I picked one up) so I think it's a good chance you'll see that price again.

[quote name='eddie291']I wouldn't say that. The 11 am and 8 pm deals looks like Madden, or NCAA FB(which isn't on the Wii btw).[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's Madden. Talking about the preseason in the clue wouldn't fit college football since they don't really have a preseason.

If Tiger Woods or Madden are cheap, I might bite. I just ordered Wii Sports Resort so I've got a MP on the way and I've needed a football game for a long time.

[quote name='slidecage']they allow something like this out but put a game out called... The white person game and the black people will be in the streets protesting ...

intersting game ... wonder if it will be in the bargin bin soon or hard to find[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with saying Black College Football. There are HBC out there, they were mostly (all?) cut from NCAA.

Needless to say I will be picking this up just so I can play the drumline mini-game.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Or maybe Black College Football Experience: Doug Williams Edition
http://www.bcfxgame.com/[/QUOTE]
Doubt it. The game isn't out yet, and I don't think Amazon includes pre-order games in their Gold Box deals. As far as I know at least.

bread's done
Back