Amazon announces Bioshock 2 Collectors Edition - $87.96 360 / $99.96 PS3

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
PS3 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J7C2

Xbox 360 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Sp..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265463895&sr=1-3

$99.96

41fPP9IvmOL._AA280_.jpg

Looks like the set includes a few posters, cards, a book about Art Deco designs, and a collector box.

---

Update 1/20/10 - pre-order for PS3 and get a Big Daddy outfit for you Home avatar :lol:

ref=amb_link_37969842_3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blissskr']Too add something new for Ps3 preorders Amazon is offering a Delta costume for use in Ps Home.[/QUOTE]

a what? delta costume? they're offering a Big Daddy costume.

Will my pre-order from November be adjusted on it's own or will I need to E-mail Amazon and ask them to lower the price?

[quote name='Dougthead']Will my pre-order from November be adjusted on it's own or will I need to E-mail Amazon and ask them to lower the price?[/QUOTE]

I would e-mail em just to be sure

[quote name='Scorch']a what? delta costume? they're offering a Big Daddy costume.[/QUOTE]

Delta is the specific Big Daddy that is the main character of the game, I believe.

Also, I pre-ordered this back in November, so I just fired off an e-mail making sure I recieve this discount and promo item.
It seems like those Home avatar items are worth a lot, if eBay is to be belived about the Darksiders ones. I saw the armor go for $50!

[quote name='SDC']The e-mail response I got is that my price should adjust within 24 hours. Here's hopin', I guess.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with their price protection, so you should be fine. :)

Is the "one per household" based on your account's email address, billing address, or shipping address?

I normally ship my items to my brother's house. But if he orders one and I ship mine to his house, will only one of us get the costume bonus?

The big daddy outfit appears only in the Special Edition product page but the promo description says "Pre-order Bioshock 2, for the PS3, and receive..." which implies the regular edition would qualify too. Kinda confusing and misleading.

This kind of preorder bonus PS Home usually fetch a fair amount on ebay. So if you don't need the outfit, you should be able to sell it to substantially offset the price of the SE. For me, I'm keeping my outfit :)

[quote name='tlwizard']Is the "one per household" based on your account's email address, billing address, or shipping address?

I normally ship my items to my brother's house. But if he orders one and I ship mine to his house, will only one of us get the costume bonus?[/QUOTE]
I think it's one per amazon account.

[quote name='eau']The big daddy outfit appears only in the Special Edition product page but the promo description says "Pre-order Bioshock 2, for the PS3, and receive..." which implies the regular edition would qualify too. Kinda confusing and misleading. [/QUOTE]

It shows for the regular PS3 version as well. It's in the same area as the $10 credit info.

[quote name='ShockandAww']It shows for the regular PS3 version as well. It's in the same area as the $10 credit info.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't read the small prints but just the $10 preorder credit heading.

Those that preordered both the regular and SE, will they get 2 outfit codes? It's limit of 1 per household but they are different products though.

Damnit, but 53+10 credit...=/ I do want the collector's but...money....money!!!!!!!!

It's now officially on my radar with the price drop.

any word on which version is going to be the "better" version? I use better subjectively but you get the point.

I really really want the vinyl record....but $90 bucks is a little too much...that's $40 dollars towards another game I could be spending it on. Anybody think the trade off is worth it?

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']I really really want the vinyl record....but $90 bucks is a little too much...that's $40 dollars towards another game I could be spending it on. Anybody think the trade off is worth it?[/QUOTE]
It really just depends on if you plan on enjoying the extras in the Special Edition at all. Personally, I find the art book to justify this purchase because I really find art deco as an inspiration to me in the graphic design field that I am currently working towards at. Plus the vinyl is awesome (even though I don't own a player). But the soundtrack CD I always enjoy in a SE.

But if you think that extra $40 is more worth it towards a new game, then I would suggested doing that then.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Is this special edition sold in other retail stores (like Best Buy)?[/QUOTE]
Yes It should be available.

[quote name='Warn3rv3']any word on which version is going to be the "better" version? I use better subjectively but you get the point.[/QUOTE]

the PC version, dur.

anyway, im in for the CE. 80$ aint bad, i have been looking forward to playing through the game, even though i dont see why it exists. Bioshock did not need a sequel.

Damn, Im very tempted to jump on this, but as stated above, there really isnt a need for a sequel and $40 bucks is a bit much for a CE when the standard markup for these CEs are only 10 more. I understand that the record costs more, but the art books and soundtracks are cheap and regular stuff for CEs (if not regular editions of some games) so im having a hard time justifying what equates to about $30 bucks for a LP and posters. That being said, I am a sucker for good packaging....

I should have clarified, which version will be "better" out of the 360 and ps3? Sometimes there can be a huge difference. I played the first one on my PC but ive become accustomed to playing them on the 50" tv on my couch.

[quote name='postulio']the PC version, dur.

anyway, im in for the CE. 80$ aint bad, i have been looking forward to playing through the game, even though i dont see why it exists. Bioshock did not need a sequel.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tankass']Damn, Im very tempted to jump on this, but as stated above, there really isnt a need for a sequel and $40 bucks is a bit much for a CE when the standard markup for these CEs are only 10 more. I understand that the record costs more, but the art books and soundtracks are cheap and regular stuff for CEs (if not regular editions of some games) so im having a hard time justifying what equates to about $30 bucks for a LP and posters. That being said, I am a sucker for good packaging....[/QUOTE]

prequel*

[quote name='Warn3rv3']I should have clarified, which version will be "better" out of the 360 and ps3? Sometimes there can be a huge difference. I played the first one on my PC but ive become accustomed to playing them on the 50" tv on my couch.[/QUOTE]

Hook you computer up to your tv? =) That's what I use for my main monitor, 22'' widescreen as a second. Though my computer can't run most games in like 1680x1050 let alone full 1080p, so it doesn't much matter for gaming. I buy everything on consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is i got this laptop with a Crap sound card so it would look great but it doesnt output sound over HDMI either. Id be stuck listening to the game from the speakers built in to the laptop. Im gambling on the Xbox 360 version for this one. Time will tell if im right. There's usually a comparison up a few days before it comes out so i got time.

I'd say the 360 is a safe bet. The game has to be proven on the ps3, the 360 really just needs to at worst, run it as good as bioshock 1.

Think I'm breaking down for the CE. Damnit....well I guess FFXIII isn't getting one? ME2 isn't much more expensive than the regular, not getting splinter cell or GoW III CEs and that's it...as far as collector's go, right now. So I guess it's ok.(the logic a gaming nerd has to spend more money on stuff like this =/)

i'm also going 4 the 360 version, just the regular version, that leaves enough $$$ for dante's inferno: $53(2)-$ in20 coupons' plus free shipping = $106-20 in coupons= $86
sweet i can use the coupon on FF13 and get another $10 coupon

[quote name='Vortextk']I'd say the 360 is a safe bet. The game has to be proven on the ps3, the 360 really just needs to at worst, run it as good as bioshock 1.

Think I'm breaking down for the CE. Damnit....well I guess FFXIII isn't getting one? ME2 isn't much more expensive than the regular, not getting splinter cell or GoW III CEs and that's it...as far as collector's go, right now. So I guess it's ok.(the logic a gaming nerd has to spend more money on stuff like this =/)[/QUOTE]
How exactly does the game need to be proven on the Ps3? 2k Marin is the team behind the original Bioshocks port to the Ps3 and that turned out great, so I don't really see the logic behind your argument as the developers of the game are already familar with the Ps3 hardware (which if it wasn't the case I could see your point)

Im going to leave my order in for the 360 version but if the review comes out that ps3 performs "better" i'll go with it. I just happen to prefer the 360 controller.

Im psyched for dantes inferno.

I got the 360 version. I just wanted the record so I may sell off the art book to recoup the cost.

[quote name='blissskr']How exactly does the game need to be proven on the Ps3? 2k Marin is the team behind the original Bioshocks port to the Ps3 and that turned out great, so I don't really see the logic behind your argument as the developers of the game are already familar with the Ps3 hardware (which if it wasn't the case I could see your point)[/QUOTE]

Bioshock on the PS3 was pretty good, but the 360 version was still smoother and had far fewer audio and graphical glitches. I'm betting the same will hold true for BS2.

To be honest, I think it'll be something like this: PC superior version. And 360 and PS3 the same. Seeing as how this time around they developed both versions from the ground-up, there shouldn't be any major graphical differences between 360/PS3.

If anything, we might see a mandatory install on the PS3. But honestly, just buy the version for the system of your choice. If you plan on doing multiplayer, choose the version where you have the most people in your friends list.

i agree pre-ordered the regular PS3 edition from amazon (you also get a big daddy HOME costume for both editions now see here - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846) the SE just doesn't have anything i wanted and as for figures i suggest you look into the NECA line if you want one - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=toys-and-games&field-keywords=bioshock&x=15&y=23 here is a pic of the bouncer and delta which are the only ones i currently have waiting for the big sister/little sister pack from toys r us next month - http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4291604532_1895979c3a_b.jpg they are very detailed and i recommend them to any Bioshock fans

What a rip off of a CE, a vinly?....really? Why not include the behind the scenes videos on a Beta max tape? Glad I picked up Bioshock 1 and 2 for $35 on Steam

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']What a rip off of a CE, a vinly?....really? Why not include the behind the scenes videos on a Beta max tape? Glad I picked up Bioshock 1 and 2 for $35 on Steam[/QUOTE]

Vinyl is still popular to this day.

[quote name='watcher0']Yeah, the record is the cause of the rediculous cost and most people can't play it.[/QUOTE]

That's not exactly true; records aren't necessarily much more expensive than processing a CD -- it's a misconception. Especially with quantities for a 'limited edition', the price would be relatively close.

If anything, it's the cost of shipping that would make it rise slightly; however depending on how the product is shipped (assuming freight), there shouldn't be a difference there either.

Vinyl records aren't just for audiophiles. I bought, and started, my record collection a little over 6 months ago and have a collection of 100+. The majority, around 90%, are artists from today across many genres (i.e., 50 Cent, John Mayer, Brand New, etc.). It's not just the matter of the quality (in which a dirty record can sound much worse than a digital copy), but it's the experience of the record as well. It's not for everyone, but it has its qualities.

As for being "on topic", I agree that the additional price on top of the game is a little steep; an $89, or even $79 price point should've been sufficient.

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']That's not exactly true; records aren't necessarily much more expensive than processing a CD -- it's a misconception. Especially with quantities for a 'limited edition', the price would be relatively close.

If anything, it's the cost of shipping that would make it rise slightly; however depending on how the product is shipped (assuming freight), there shouldn't be a difference there either.

Vinyl records aren't just for audiophiles. I bought, and started, my record collection a little over 6 months ago and have a collection of 100+. The majority, around 90%, are artists from today across many genres (i.e., 50 Cent, John Mayer, Brand New, etc.). It's not just the matter of the quality (in which a dirty record can sound much worse than a digital copy), but it's the experience of the record as well. It's not for everyone, but it has its qualities.

As for being "on topic", I agree that the additional price on top of the game is a little steep; an $89, or even $79 price point should've been sufficient.[/QUOTE]

What turntable do you have? I am thinking about buying one for this CE and then 2-3 albums I have plus some my parents have in a box somewhere.

bread's done
Back