Amazon announces Bioshock 2 Collectors Edition - $87.96 360 / $99.96 PS3

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
PS3 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J7C2

Xbox 360 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Sp..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265463895&sr=1-3

$99.96

41fPP9IvmOL._AA280_.jpg

Looks like the set includes a few posters, cards, a book about Art Deco designs, and a collector box.

---

Update 1/20/10 - pre-order for PS3 and get a Big Daddy outfit for you Home avatar :lol:

ref=amb_link_37969842_3

Last edited by a moderator:
argh, definitely pictured the bioshock 2 CE more desirable to me then the one that they put out. on one hand, i wouldn't mind a ce of bioshock2, on the other hand thats $40 i could put towards another great game (ie my M.E.2 CE preorder)

I'm pretty tempted simply because it looks really classy. Of course I'd need to get it down to around 60 with Amazon discounts to actually pull the trigger but it's one of the better looking CE's, at least from a style point of view.

I really would have liked a Big Sister statue, but this will have to do.

I haven't seen them in person, but I don't think I like the look of the NECA action figures. They look cheap compared to the Big Daddy statue from the first Limited Edition. I hope they release a Big Sister statue on their website like they did with the Little Sister.

[quote name='bojay1997']I am not aware of any CE that has come with a 164 full size hardcover art book. Similarly, this comes with the artbook, posters, a very nice box, a full soundtrack CD (not a sampler like most CEs), and a 12" vinyl soundtrack album. That is well worth $40 in my opinion. The figure which came with the first Bioshock was a piece of crap. That's why it was only $10 extra.[/QUOTE]

No Vinyl but the WOW CEs had incredible art books, DVDs with cinematics, exclusive in game items, map, soundtrack all for about 80 bucks.

I sold mine for 300 years ago when it was hot. Nice to see it around 80 bucks on ebay again because I've thought about buying it back.

Switch the dvd for the vinyl and posters for the map and you are about 10 bucks higher which is accounted for by much, much higher production costs of vinyl over dvd.

Is anyone else genuinely frustrated that this CE is priced at +40, instead of +10 (The Bioshock LE was only +10$)?

I'm torn, as Bioshock is one of my favorite titles in recent years, but this price seems too high without knowing much about the quality and details of the extras. At least with the God of War III CE, they're providing more than one image and details on the extras.

Bought the BS1 LE When it came out
I Never finished the game. Does that make me a bad person? :p
Was not going to pick this up until I remembered my promo credits! After $30 in promo credits (20 for MW2, 10 for NSMBW) were applied, this cost me $70. And while not at all worth it at $100, the CE IS VERY MUCH worth $70!

[quote name='appleyum']Most game collector's edition come with artbook and cd are only $10-$20 more. At most the extras are worth $25

I can't see how they can justify this when BioShock Limited Edition was only $10 more than regular edition, only cost $59.99 PC / Xbox 360 $69.99, and it came with a figurine.[/QUOTE]

A hardcover art book that is 164 pages would most likely retail for anywhere from $25-40 dollars in and of itself.

But regardless, I'm going to say the same thing I always say. Collector's Edition's are made for people who are huge fans of the franchise, and that's that. If someone thinks it's lame or a ripoff, no gives a damn what they think.

[quote name='Killrig']Is anyone else genuinely frustrated that this CE is priced at +40, instead of +10 (The Bioshock LE was only +10$)?

I'm torn, as Bioshock is one of my favorite titles in recent years, but this price seems too high without knowing much about the quality and details of the extras. At least with the God of War III CE, they're providing more than one image and details on the extras.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I have no interest in another cheap figure, a three track soundtrack remix sampler and a making of DVD. I'd rather spend $40 and get a bunch of interesting items that have relevance to the game world. Please keep in mind that this was only revealed yesterday morning and the game is still 10 weeks away from release. There will be additional details forthcoming including an unboxing in the coming weeks.

I think it's well worth it and went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I'm a little worried about the quality of the game, though. I remember reading a month or so back they now have 3 or 4 dev. teams working on it, and they asked the head of the original for assistance, and he refused. Sounds troublesome this late in the cycle.

Well I'll say this, even tho this CE isn't for me I'm glad some of you guys are interested in it. I don't WANT to be interested in every single CE that comes out. :p I'm sold on the GoW3 one (so I completely get seeing value in what others consider worthless) and I'm hoping a good FFXIII one is announced, so that time period is packed for me anyway. I'll happily sit this one out w/ my standard edition. ;)

I put an order down for this and was surprised to get an email about a promo code. I got excited for a moment, but then noticed it was for a $5 of a TV show on amazon's On Demand service.

I liked the first game so much that I would pick the CE up of 2 but I just can't bring myself to get it. Not at that price and nothing seems worth it to me. If I had the room for all that stuff and could put the posters up I would think about it if I had the cash. However I don't have the cash or space to put stuff from CEs anymore. I piked up the one for Mass Effect 2 only because it comes with more content and sounds like everthing is in the case for the game.

[quote name='bojay1997']I am really curious what kind of value you guys put on figures. Considering all the crappy figures like the one from SFIV CE and several others, I have no desire to ever get another limited or collector's edition with one included. Even the original Bioshock CE Big Daddy was a piece of junk. Do you have these things around your room or house? It creeps me out when I visit friends with action figures in their home, unless they have kids of course.

I would much rather have items like a really nice art book (which based on the description and size, this seems to be the nicest one ever to come with a CE game), a CD soundtrack and especially a piece of vinyl which is something nobody has done before in a CE game and frankly has a value outside of game collecting. I like that all the items are tangible and artistic and actually fit with the mythology and items in the game world. It's not like some weird cheap figure and a making of DVD or some ridiculous item that has no application to playing the game like those absurd goggles which cost $70 in CoD MW2.[/QUOTE]

Theres nothing wierd about collectible figures. A lot of people collect them. And having them in your gaming room makes even more sense and adds to the atmosphere. Likewise for being so "cheap" they certainly came out very good.

You're incredibly nieve if you think having 'the art from bioshock the videogame' on your coffee table, posters from the game on your wall + a vinyl record makes you any less strange. I can just see you whipping that sucker out during a small gathering with friends for some cool tunes, right :roll:? All of that is the stuff that either gets junked or ends up burried in the basement after the 'wow i'm so cool' factor has worn off.

It would of been a nice gesture had the price remained close to $50-$60 mark but at $90-$100 you're just flushing money down the toilet. I'll pre-order it with the hopes that it is trully limited and i can make some money off it, but thats the only thing i'd want it for, otherwise its going to rot on a shelf long after i've beaten the game. Welcome to reality.

[quote name='qwerty1']Theres nothing wierd about collectible figures. A lot of people collect them. And having them in your gaming room makes even more sense and adds to the atmosphere. Likewise for being so "cheap" they certainly came out very good.

You're incredibly nieve if you think having 'the art from bioshock the videogame' on your coffee table, posters from the game on your wall + a vinyl record makes you any less strange. I can just see you whipping that sucker out during a small gathering with friends for some cool tunes, right :roll:? All of that is the stuff that either gets junked or ends up burried in the basement after the 'wow i'm so cool' factor has worn off.

It would of been a nice gesture had the price remained close to $50-$60 mark but at $90-$100 you're just flushing money down the toilet. I'll pre-order it with the hopes that it is trully limited and i can make some money off it, but thats the only thing i'd want it for, otherwise its going to rot on a shelf long after i've beaten the game. Welcome to reality.[/QUOTE]

You're right, a lot of creepy single guys have shelves full of action figures. I'm guessing you're not married or in any sort of stable relationship. I can't actually see myself ever having people over to look at video game art books or posters, but I have been to plenty of dinner parties where the host has a nice vinyl collection and pop culture posters and everyone seemed to have a good time, along with their spouses or significant others of course. In any event, I doubt anyone is going to be making any money off this set with the exception of retailers.

[quote name='prateeko']It's time like this I REALLY miss ECA...
:'([/QUOTE]

We all miss ECA. But Amazon is likely missing out on a lot of sales because they decided to back out. I can't say I blame them but I definitely haven't been spending as much money with them since then. Since ECA died, I have ordered only 1 game and even that was a pre-order which I might not keep (God of War 3 CE).

[quote name='bojay1997']You're right, a lot of creepy single guys have shelves full of action figures. I'm guessing you're not married or in any sort of stable relationship. I can't actually see myself ever having people over to look at video game art books or posters, but I have been to plenty of dinner parties where the host has a nice vinyl collection and pop culture posters and everyone seemed to have a good time, along with their spouses or significant others of course. In any event, I doubt anyone is going to be making any money off this set with the exception of retailers.[/QUOTE]
So if you have action figures in your house, that means you must be creepy and single? Or you might not be single, but I guess that is only until your significant other comes over, huh? :roll:

[quote name='Gorge']You have got to be kidding. The night vision goggles CE was one of the most overpriced stupid collectors items ever. It's right next to the halo cat helmet on my list of "collectors edition junk."[/QUOTE]

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think that they are fantastic for the price. Where can you get a set of decent functioning NVG's for $80? If you don't like them, that's your call, but I am super happy with that purchase, but I'm not so sure about this.

Once again, all your own personal opinion, but I wouldn't knock them til you've tried them. THey are actually very fun, and work well.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']who in their right mind would spend 80 dollars on MW2 NVGs? I laughed when I saw the contents for the prestige edition.[/QUOTE]
I sold one of my PEs for $250 on Amazon the other day.:bouncy:

I have the collector's edition for the PC version - and after playing it through once, I know I wasted a ton of money. I should have waited a year and picked it up for 5 bucks. Hooray, I have a big daddy still sealed and un-opened -but the DRM for the PC version of this is stupid.

I'm waiting for the price point for Bioshock to hit 10 bucks and only if the reviews are really good. I own over 350 PC games, and while yes, Bioshock was "neat" it wasn't a COD4 Modern Warfare 2 - I enjoyed that much more than this.

The price is probably so high due to the record, which is the one thing I wouldn't want. I have a record player, not sure if it still works since I haven't used it in years, but I doubt I'd want to chance a limited item like this getting scratched, so there's really not much of a point. Especially if the cd soundtrack is the same. It's not like I have a record collection to add it to or anything. Too bad too, because I usually go for CE/LE. Now I'll probably just wait for a good price on the regular edition.

Maybe another $20 for a figure and a cd would be good. Perhaps there could be two LEs?

[quote name='Covnam']Now I'll probably just wait for a good price on the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Between 46.99 - 53.99 for any version of it, with a 10$ video game credit back, on amazon. I don't think it's going to get any better unless you're waiting for cheap used prices way down the road?

[quote name='Vortextk']Between 46.99 - 53.99 for any version of it, with a 10$ video game credit back, on amazon. I don't think it's going to get any better unless you're waiting for cheap used prices way down the road?[/QUOTE]

$52.99 w/ a $10 credit is a GREAT deal for the :ps3: version. Just a side question that doesn't belong here but if I order from Amazon, will my card be charged anything until it releases? I say this only because I have about $40 on my card (haven't deposited my check yet) and I don't want to overdraft if Amazon charges me or puts a hold on my account

Thanks in advance for any help

I just cancelled my preorder of the regular edition to preorder this one. I'm a sucker for it, but I don't really care. Plus I've got about 30 bucks in certs to use, so it only cost 59.99 anyway.

And clarke, Amazon doesn't charge until the item is shipped on preorders.

Disappointing imo... hadent preordered bioshock2 yet on amazon because i was waiting for this. I would have thought a Big sister figure to match the big daddy / little sister set they already have released would have been a no brainer... Guesss they got scarred off by all the damage issues in transport with the original figure. Normal version for me.

Is this Amazon exclusive? Cause their history with exclusive SEs is pretty bad. Both Fallout 3 and Ghostbusters are STILL available.

[quote name='akashhhhh']Is this Amazon exclusive? Cause their history with exclusive SEs is pretty bad. Both Fallout 3 and Ghostbusters are STILL available.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem so. It's available on EB/GS website as well.

[quote name='bojay1997']You're right, a lot of creepy single guys have shelves full of action figures. I'm guessing you're not married or in any sort of stable relationship. I can't actually see myself ever having people over to look at video game art books or posters, but I have been to plenty of dinner parties where the host has a nice vinyl collection and pop culture posters and everyone seemed to have a good time, along with their spouses or significant others of course. In any event, I doubt anyone is going to be making any money off this set with the exception of retailers.[/QUOTE]

First i think you need to distinguish between action figures and collectible figurines/statues but since you dont know what the heck you're talking about i'll do it for you. The former are usually plastic and have movement like what you play with when you're a kid. The latter is usually porcelain, or resin which is hard and heavy. This is what the Big Daddy figure falls into. I dont know about you but unless you're retarded i wouldnt give something like that to a child.

As far as what that makes you, all i can say is get a clue. The majority of collectors i know are either in a steady relationship or are married with children, of which i include myself. Like i said i think the stuff is cool and adds atmosphere to the game room. Most of the collectors i know go after the comic or movie related stuff for which there is an absolutely massive market.

Go ahead and frame the posters, proudly put that book on display, and slap on that record for company and keep reassuring yourself you're totally hip and far more "normal" than everyone else.

For the record [pun!] i dont give a damn what you're into, but the minute you start insulting people for their hobbies, you become a total tool. I'll give you extra points for being ignorant on the topic at hand as well.

[quote name='badboysean']Only ordering if a nice resin figurine is Included like the first one. Definately passin on this one.[/QUOTE]
Same, I was hoping to make some angled wooden stands and use them as video-game bookends. I guess I could use the little sister I ordered for the other side.

It'd be better if there were a way to send out for the posters and receive them in a tube via mail than these folded numbers they'll have in this collection. Streamline and ADV used to do that with VHS purchases.

This is way too steep for what it includes. A little sister or Big Daddy figure would have made the deal though, and I'm not even a "collector's version" kinda guy.

[quote name='Icehearted']It'd be better if there were a way to send out for the posters and receive them in a tube via mail than these folded numbers they'll have in this collection. Streamline and ADV used to do that with VHS purchases.

This is way too steep for what it includes. A little sister or Big Daddy figure would have made the deal though, and I'm not even a "collector's version" kinda guy.[/QUOTE]

Chances are the posters won't be folded. They will probably be a tad bit smaller than the box, so expect them to be about the size of a vinyl.

[quote name='Porksta']Chances are the posters won't be folded. They will probably be a tad bit smaller than the box, so expect them to be about the size of a vinyl.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I like that or not. If it's that size it won't have any creases but it'll also be pretty small for a poster.

Then again I'm not too sure about the $100 price tag for this CE. A vinyl record is pretty neat but I'll probably NEVER listen to it since I could be listening to...well...REAL records instead. I've got way too many vinyl records to say, "Oh sure, I'd listen to that Bioshock record."

[quote name='bojay1997']I am not aware of any CE that has come with a 164 full size hardcover art book. Similarly, this comes with the artbook, posters, a very nice box, a full soundtrack CD (not a sampler like most CEs), and a 12" vinyl soundtrack album. That is well worth $40 in my opinion. The figure which came with the first Bioshock was a piece of crap. That's why it was only $10 extra.[/QUOTE]
I think this was pretty close
http://nwn.bioware.com/about/collectors.html
$79.99 for 120 pages

My other examples would be Warcraft III collector's edition.
$79.99 for 176 pages

World of Warcraft
$79.99 for 208 pages

THIS HAS TO BE THE WORST COLLECTOR'S EDITION OFFER EVER! $99.99 FOR JUST A BUNCH OF PAPER AND A RECORD THAT WOULD LOOK HORRIBLE ANYWHERE IN THE HOUSE.....NO EXCLUSIVE LEVELS? OR CHARACTERS? OR NOT EVEN A EXTRA WEAPON?? I see nothing of value here for 99.99, those extra $40.00 could be use towards other great games coming out in the next few months!

[quote name='john718']this has to be the worst collector's edition offer ever! $99.99 for just a bunch of paper and a record that would look horrible anywhere in the house.....no exclusive levels? Or characters? Or not even a extra weapon?? I see nothing of value here for 99.99, those extra $40.00 could be use towards other great games coming out in the next few months![/quote]

great story bro, so don't buy it!

[quote name='john718']THIS HAS TO BE THE WORST COLLECTOR'S EDITION OFFER EVER! $99.99 FOR JUST A BUNCH OF PAPER AND A RECORD THAT WOULD LOOK HORRIBLE ANYWHERE IN THE HOUSE.....NO EXCLUSIVE LEVELS? OR CHARACTERS? OR NOT EVEN A EXTRA WEAPON?? I see nothing of value here for 99.99, those extra $40.00 could be use towards other great games coming out in the next few months![/QUOTE]

calm down man

Bioshock 2 Special Edition for PS3 and XBOX360 is $89.82 and the PC Special Edition is $79.82.

The regular version has also dropped to $54.98 for PS3 and XBOX360 and $46.99 for PC.

360 SE version: http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0HEZ4/
PS3 SE version: http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J7C2/
PC SE version: http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Pc/dp/B002I0HGKW/

360 version: http://www.amazon.com/Bioshock-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0016BVYA2/
PS3 version: http://www.amazon.com/Bioshock-2-Playstation-3/dp/B001NIP3EG/
PC version: http://www.amazon.com/Bioshock-2-Pc/dp/B0016BVYAM/

bread's done
Back