Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dohdough']Why does this bullshit keep popping up every couple pages?

This is a 8-10 hour game period. The clear time doesn't reflect cutscenes, deaths, or cumulative retry time. At this point, it's impossible for anyone to beat this with a total sitdown time of 4 hours.

My clear time was 7:11 with 74 deaths. Actual time spent playing is about 10 hours.

edit: It's also impossible to get all the upgrades in one playthrough.[/QUOTE]

This is why I posted the rolly eyes earlier that got deleted. I didn't have anything else to say about it lol but it's just ridiculous. The game does not count continues and cut scenes and such. So if you play a level for half an hour and you then die/continue, that half hour is not counted on the play time counter.

Personally if I were making a game I'd include a "real time" that counts every second you're playing and then another like this game does. Devs are going to see the backlash for this being "too short" though and never do it again because of ignorance like this.

There's two time counters in this game. You will see a total-time counter when you load up your save file which should count retrys, but I don't think it counts cutscenes either. The clear-time counter is the one everyone unfamiliar with platinum games is bothered with. Its unfortunate that people don't understand how it works and even more so when its a reviewer.

Also, if anyone here is familiar with action games then you should start this on Hard difficulty. Just like other platinum titles, the normal difficulty is way too easy. Your clear-time is likely to average around 8-9hrs on hard.

The length seems perfect. It's a bloody character action game. They need to be short enough that they can be replayed on higher difficulties. 8-10 hours seems perfect.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']so my gamestop had 30+ preorders for metal gear and only received 5 artbooks? was this the same with other stores?[/QUOTE]

I tried to get a PS3 LE today but every store I called didn't get enough to fulfill their pre-orders. They said to try again on thursday. The artbooks was also low in quantity. They didn't expect that to be replenished.

Leaking gas? Sounds like a cheap plasma lamp after all. The cheap ones are sealed as securely as they should be and slowly lose gas over time. Expect about two years of life out of those lamps.

Got email from zavvi about a payment problem. Anyone elses order not cancelled by zavvi??

Also, I didn't get the inferno code from Amazon (will contact them about it), and is the soundtrack inside the games case?

Re: preorder artbook. That's usually how things go at Gamestop. Corporate or fulfillment or whatever you want to call it sends them a certain number of artbooks based on some arcane math. It might be based on the number of preorders; it might be based on the general amount of business that particular location gets. Maybe they roll a dice. In any case, first-come-first-served is also par for the course. You could, in most cases, preorder very late (like a week or less before, assuming orders for a particular game are still open), show up bright and early day of sale and pick up a promo item. I've done it before but not for a while since most preorder incentives are digital and not physical anymore.

[quote name='dohdough']Why does this keep popping up every couple pages?[/QUOTE]
Probably because both IGN and GT have reported it as a 3-6 hour game. So either everyone else is bad at game or they're lying.

[quote name='inkcil']After all my yapping about the merits of the LE, I wimped out at the last sec and switched my preorder to the standard edition last night.

Reason 1: I saw that the soundtrack (with artbook insert) was available seperately for $14 on Amazon;

Reason 2: I saw that the collector's hard cover book was $20 on Amazon;

Reason 3: I was expecting to score the GS artbook from my local shop (and I did);

Reason 4: BB gave $20 back for the standard edition plus an xtra $10 to price match fry's (not so for the LE);

Reason 5: I was afraid the lamps might break, and with so many other collector components at reasonable prices a la carte, i decided to skip it.

So for $65 I was able to make my own "poor man's" edition. The PM edition. lol.

I will miss the steelbook, but maybe one will sell for $20 or less on Ebay...[/QUOTE]

Ill take a "Poor man's edition!

[quote name='CheapGamesFTW']Well, I'm airing out my room right now guys. Why? My lamp has been leaking gas all night. I was showing my LE to my mom today and she smelled gas. Thank god she noticed it, because I was going to leave it boxed.[/QUOTE]

You should've inhaled those sweet Raiden gases and got cyborg implants! I'm sure the lawsuit you should file against Kojima would give you enough.

Gonna be so pissed if Konami gives out some sweet swag because of the broken lamps........I backed out last second......

Free metal gears for everyone!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='aegisol']Re: preorder artbook. That's usually how things go at Gamestop. Corporate or fulfillment or whatever you want to call it sends them a certain number of artbooks based on some arcane math. It might be based on the number of preorders; it might be based on the general amount of business that particular location gets. Maybe they roll a dice. In any case, first-come-first-served is also par for the course. You could, in most cases, preorder very late (like a week or less before, assuming orders for a particular game are still open), show up bright and early day of sale and pick up a promo item. I've done it before but not for a while since most preorder incentives are digital and not physical anymore.[/QUOTE]

well they shouldn't do it that way, they should have the amount of preorder items sent that were ordered and maybe 1 or 2 extra for errors.

If they can't afford to give it to everyone, then they shouldn't advertise it. It's not like they're giving away expensive items and it hurts their bottom line. There's no excuse why they can't. At the very least they shouldn't advertise it if they're already sold out of copies and the people who preordered first should get the copies. It makes no sense to have it be whoever makes it to the store first gets it.

I would be pissed if a preorder item was "out of stock" when it was promised to me. If it's something I really want I set my alarm and go early but it's not a good feeling rushing to the store. I think it does nothing but hurt their image to consistently fail to deliver what is promised to their buyers.

I think there is a chance that a lot of stores only claim they got 7 artbooks out of 30 pre-orders(or whatever the ratio may be) when in reality, they probably got 30, and some employee hoarded them for themselves.

I mean, I see people on ebay that have listed like 20 pre-order artbooks, steelbooks, soundtracks, etc all the time. You name it. I assume some of them probably pre-order by the bulk, sell the items, and then find a way to recoup the fees for the actual games.

But I guarantee you there are also some of those sellers that are Gamestop employees that loaded up on themselves with some goodies. It's clear to tell when you check what other things those sellers have for sale and you see promotional posters that only game stores get, among other things.

I have my beefs with Gamestop(mainly for gutted games and general policies) but I've never had a problem with any local Gamestops not getting enough pre-order items. Neither has anyone else I know personally. I know some people get screwed, but that happens with any store.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']well they shouldn't do it that way, they should have the amount of preorder items sent that were ordered and maybe 1 or 2 extra for errors.

If they can't afford to give it to everyone, then they shouldn't advertise it. It's not like they're giving away expensive items and it hurts their bottom line. There's no excuse why they can't. At the very least they shouldn't advertise it if they're already sold out of copies and the people who preordered first should get the copies. It makes no sense to have it be whoever makes it to the store first gets it.

I would be pissed if a preorder item was "out of stock" when it was promised to me. If it's something I really want I set my alarm and go early but it's not a good feeling rushing to the store. I think it does nothing but hurt their image to consistently fail to deliver what is promised to their buyers.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I'm returning the one I preordered from GameStop and buying it from Amazon instead.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Got email from zavvi about a payment problem. Anyone elses order not cancelled by zavvi??

Also, I didn't get the inferno code from Amazon (will contact them about it), and is the soundtrack inside the games case?[/QUOTE]

My order has yet to be cancelled. current status reads expected delivery on the 22nd.

...oh and yes, soundtrack is in the game case.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Got email from zavvi about a payment problem. Anyone elses order not cancelled by zavvi??

Also, I didn't get the inferno code from Amazon (will contact them about it), and is the soundtrack inside the games case?[/QUOTE]

Mine wasn't canceled and I got the payment problem email too. Turns out my card was shut off due to potential fraudulent activity. I logged I into my credit card company website and the block was because of Zavvi. I approved the transaction and then went back to Zavvi and resubmitted payment and everything is ok again.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']*update:

zavvi order updated to "Awaiting Despatch". :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Just checked, and mine too! Cannot wait for that figure...

Good luck Zavvi people. I canceled my order so there is an extra ps3 copy out there. I couldn't justify the price for such a short game, very disappointing. Plus, it couldn't have hurt them to throw in at least a steelbook and something else for $170.

[quote name='YBX87']did they offer you a replacement? just out of curiosity, a question for the ppl who ordered the limited edition, are you guys huge fans of the metal gear series?[/QUOTE]
I am supposed to get the replacement tomorrow.

Just a quick questions for zavvi ordering folks out there out of curiousness are you guys importing and are they shipping it directly to you or are you from the uk getting it, because my gf is out there in the Uk right now and is getting it and sending it to me via Fed-ex. I was just curious because with The Sonic Generations limited we did the same thing but I remember trying to get it shipped directly to me first but it wouldn't allow it but I am not sure if it was zavvi or another uk game seller.

Hmmm I can't remember why I didn't get that option it must have been cause she used a uk card and it is too shady for them to ship to another country other than the purchase card or simply the billing address needs to be the shipping address and I remember now it was Grainger games I was trying to get shipped directly here for the Sonic Generations limited box I was using my card first but their policy was bulk packages are a no-go for international shipping.

Anywho, A day or two more wait i can do its been 4 years coming sheesh and thanks for the quick response bruv.

Got a call from my bank authorizing my transaction for this from Zavvi. $155.05 shipped (which surprised me). Got the US LE edition yesterday and I must say, the lamp is pretty sweet, albeit pretty useless. Another cool thing to add to my CE gaming shelf.

Didn't get an email from Zavvi about payment problem, although I did get a call from my bank about an int'l transaction (which I promptly cleared up).

I'm not aware of any code for preordering this from Amazon. And yes, the soundtrack is included in the game case.

[quote name='Jodou']Probably because both IGN and GT have reported it as a 3-6 hour game. So either everyone else is bad at game or they're lying.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe because people who haven't played the game keep reporting bad information? As someone who owns the game and isn't bad at it that's the one I'm leaning towards.

[quote name='Jodou']Probably because both IGN and GT have reported it as a 3-6 hour game. So either everyone else is bad at game or they're lying.[/QUOTE]

Way to ignore responses about how the game length from the in-game timer ignores deaths and cutscenes. Even IGN responded to comments clarifying that they went by the in-game timer. Can't tell if you're just trying to troll now with the whole "everyone else is bad at game" comment.

[quote name='jonnysniper']For anyone who ordered through Zavvi do you suggest I use PayPal or my card. I've never ordered through them[/QUOTE]

Use your card. PayPal checkout never seems to be working there.

Yeah, paypal didn't work for me at all at Zavvi, but then again I never could get them to accept my visa cards either. I guess I just suck at filling out UK required info.

[quote name='def PD']Got a call from my bank authorizing my transaction for this from Zavvi. $155.05 shipped (which surprised me). Got the US LE edition yesterday and I must say, the lamp is pretty sweet, albeit pretty useless. Another cool thing to add to my CE gaming shelf.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they didn't charge for shipping yet. With shipping to CA it would have cost me about $200. Let us know if a separate charge shows up.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']just got a message from zavvi in my junk folder. updated my order to "out for delivery"...now the waiting game.[/QUOTE]

Mine is in awaiting dispatch status so I am pretty happy my order looks like its going through. My total came out to $156 including shipping so it appears I got some sort of deal compared to others here

[quote name='Croozer']Mine is in awaiting dispatch status so I am pretty happy my order looks like its going through. My total came out to $156 including shipping so it appears I got some sort of deal compared to others here[/QUOTE]
free shipping? anyone have any guesses on this?

Just got the email from saying it shipped. "Your order from zavvi has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!"

Yay!

[quote name='eau']Has anyone gotten their Inferno Armor code from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

spoke with a customer service rep, and they said that i will get it in 1-2 days

edit:

also guys, is there a place where i can sell PAL games in the US? i want to sell the MGR copy from the UK LE when it arrives.

[quote name='giantqtipz']spoke with a customer service rep, and they said that i will get it in 1-2 days

edit:

also guys, is there a place where i can sell PAL games in the US? i want to sell the MGR copy from the UK LE when it arrives.[/QUOTE]
Just go eBAY, but put the PAL info in the title, subtitle, and big, big, big red letters at the beginning of the description.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Yeah, paypal didn't work for me at all at Zavvi, but then again I never could get them to accept my visa cards either. I guess I just suck at filling out UK required info.[/QUOTE]

Wait I can't use my visa?

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']free shipping? anyone have any guesses on this?[/QUOTE]

Here's the breakdown of my order; euros
99.99 for item
.99 for delivery (shipping)
I live in Los Angeles and my order has already shipped :)

[quote name='omyard']Or maybe because people who haven't played the game keep reporting bad information? As someone who owns the game and isn't bad at it that's the one I'm leaning towards.[/QUOTE]

Yes, overall time for me (subtracting breaks) was about 8 hours but the game's timer said 4. If I continued using and listening to codec conversations beyond the start of the first chapter it'd probably have been 10 hours. I also ran through a few areas I could have stealthed.

Zavvi charges in British pounds and this item had a shipping charge of 25 GBP. You sure you getting the right item?[quote name='Croozer']Here's the breakdown of my order; euros
99.99 for item
I live in Los Angeles and my order has already shipped :)[/QUOTE]

Just got shipping confirmation for my copy of the other steelbook from amazon.de :D

Will go nice with my LE that I got yesterday. Been keeping up on the thread and opened mine right away to make sure my lamp wasn't cracked or broken. Thankfully it wasn't :)

[quote name='Croozer']Here's the breakdown of my order; euros
99.99 for item
I live in Los Angeles and my order has already shipped :)[/QUOTE]

Any idea how you got it at .99 for delivery? Its 25 shipping and im also in California...the shipping charge killed the deal for me. Didn't it show you the 99+25 price during checkout and on your order confirmation email?

I wish I had good experiences with Zavvi like the rest of you. The only two times I ordered from them my items ended up looking like garbage because I think the cardboard they use in their boxes is a ply thinner that what most companies use in the U.S.

The box literally did not keep its shape similar to a trash bag.

[quote name='Japakneez']Sounds like they didn't charge for shipping yet. With shipping to CA it would have cost me about $200. Let us know if a separate charge shows up.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, that would make more sense if that were the case.

I'll keep you (guys) posted.

Also, I just got my email for the Amazon Red Inferno armor bonus DLC.

[quote name='giantqtipz']wha... 155.05? did you use a code? im paying 191 because of shipping.....[/QUOTE]

No coupon code or anything, but what Japankneez said maybe the likely case.

bread's done
Back