Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stele']The hardest of hardcores pay hundreds of dollars for POS Portal toys.[/QUOTE]

and skylanders figurines. have you seen how much they sell for? :hot:

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']and skylanders figurines. have you seen how much they sell for? :hot:[/QUOTE]

Yes. Any product is only worth what someone will pay for it. So everything is pretty much subjective. I don't care about a steelbook or OST, so I would be only buying this for the lamp. But at $150, I don't think it's worth it. If it were $100, I would probably jump on this.

[quote name='Mixer236']I don't care if it's worth it or not, it's Metal Gear & resistance if futile :lol:

Also, to all the "lololol $90 lamp" people, that's not the only thing included. :roll: The Steelbook itself is also a nice addition. But yes, 'tis a bit overpriced.
But I still don't care
[/QUOTE]

Another thing that folks need to consider is the quality of the game itself. This game with MGS in the title is geared towards MGS fans while Raiden was not well received. The whole new direction with the gameplay is a big gamble when it comes to the hardcore MGS fanbase. If this game blows up, I can't see this CE holding up in value like the previouis MGS LE's.

As a MGS fan, I'm a little pessimistic this game will do well - if it flops, I'll be really disappointed. OTOH, I actually like the lamp idea. How many lame ass statues have we been seeing in CE's the last few years? At least Platinum is trying to be different and creative here.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Ok, $5 steel book, $5 soundtrack, $80 lamp, hahaha.[/QUOTE]

$5 SB & $5 OST? Yeah, okay, I'm done discussing this with you.

As mentioned above, I am also happy to see something that you don't really see in CE's... It's interesting and goes along with the subject material quite nicely.

I see Rising being a very niche MGS game, based on previous albeit "old" gameplay footage. From what was shown then, it's nothing like any MGS game and the only thing MGS about is is the characters and visuals.

I do like the lamp, not sure if I like it $150 worth but it looks cool.

I like the lamp better than a statue as a CE goodie just for variety's sake, but I'm pretty sure it still wouldn't hold my interest unless the build quality's really good. Even then, it's doubtful.

I have it pre-ordered on the off chance there's an Amazon pricing error or the real price turns out to be $100 or less. Since it's months away from release anyway, waiting is really all any of us can do.

[quote name='Mixer236']$5 SB & $5 OST? Yeah, okay, I'm done discussing this with you.

As mentioned above, I am also happy to see something that you don't really see in CE's... It's interesting and goes along with the subject material quite nicely.[/QUOTE]

Halo 2 LE was $5 more than the regular edition and came with a steel book and an extra DVD. They just keep inflating prices of LE's. $150 seems to become the standard for them if they come with anything besides a steelbook.

I've got on order, if history is true for MGS as many have said it won't be a large run look at ZOE HD LE it's sold out on Amazon already. Even if this is the price I'm in you won't see these at BB marked down to 24.99 next June.

[quote name='Jawwaad1']The page is now for pre orders and not saying out of stock[/QUOTE]

It probably changed since they added the expected release date. I got an email about it from Amazon.

I have $25 on the regular edition and was thinking of upgrading but sorry $150 is way too much

I do want the art book but his thing ain't gonna be worth $150 IMO

Compare this to ZOE LE for $50 I think now that's a steal

[quote name='showtimefolks']I have $25 on the regular edition and was thinking of upgrading but sorry $150 is way too much

I do want the art book but his thing ain't gonna be worth $150 IMO

Compare this to ZOE LE for $50 I think now that's a steal[/QUOTE]
Does ZoE come with a LE Plasma lamp!?! Didn't think so... I'm really curious to see how that thing looks but I'll probably cancel my pre-order if it turns out to be really lame (or if the game goes to shit by that point...)

In for one. Honestly CAG's, you can cancel anytime. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy the thing. Better safe than sorry, if it's truly limited. Did the same with the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary and cancelled 2 weeks before release. You can cancel anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
This actually looks pretty good considering it's yet another low cost tchotchke. Like a few others I really want the steelbook, possibly I'll sell off the extras but I also generally like to keep sets together.

Also, I noticed the only Fallout Survival Editions were over 200. They went through a clearance phase and the clock was pretty cheap, looking a good bit worse than the lamp.

I know it says exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp, but I got the Dishonored Whale Oil USB Lamp yesterday and that thing was small (about the size of a shot glass) and that was free. I hope they make this Katana Lamp comparable to the size of a Lava Lamp if they really want this to be a collectible item.

[quote name='Fatbot3']This actually looks pretty good considering it's yet another low cost tchotchke. Like a few others I really want the steelbook, possibly I'll sell off the extras but I also generally like to keep sets together.

Also, I noticed the only Fallout Survival Editions were over 200. They went through a clearance phase and the clock was pretty cheap, looking a good bit worse than the lamp.[/QUOTE]

Sell off the extras? What the box it comes in? If you sell the extras its no longer a limited edition.

Its a lamp and a steelbook for $90 more then the vanilla version.

I'm a hardcore fan of MGS franchise but I can't justify spending that much money on one game. Not with the contents it comes with.

Which leads me to believe this LE will stay in stock long enough to possibly see a price drop. Not saying it will but i see the potential.

Look at the ZOE LE and all the speculation it had yet its still in stock and the xbox version is outselling the PS3 version.

[quote name='needler420']Sell off the extras? What the box it comes in? If you sell the extras its no longer a limited edition.

Its a lamp and a steelbook for $90 more then the vanilla version.

I'm a hardcore fan of MGS franchise but I can't justify spending that much money on one game. Not with the contents it comes with.

Which leads me to believe this LE will stay in stock long enough to possibly see a price drop. Not saying it will but i see the potential.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also can't justify spending $90 more for a lamp and what looks to be a G1 steelbook.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']I agree. I also can't justify spending $90 more for a lamp and what looks to be a G1 steelbook.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. For another $90 bucks I can find nicer things id rather spend my money on.

Its a nice lamp and all but not worth $90 extra with the steelbook.

If it was $100 bucks I'd at least consider it and not bash it. As I said in another thread that $50 savings from the price point I had set way before its official announcement is a big difference to me. Id rather add $10 bucks and get the vanilla version at release or wait for the very first price drop. I do have high intentions of playing it ASAP. I am a huge MGS fan.

[quote name='needler420']That's what I was thinking. For another $90 bucks I can find nicer things id rather spend my money on.

Its a nice lamp and all but not worth $90 extra with the steelbook.

If it was $100 bucks I'd at least consider it and not bash it. As I said in another thread that $50 savings from the price point I had set way before its official announcement is a big difference to me. Id rather add $10 bucks and get the vanilla version at release or wait for the very first price drop. I do have high intentions of playing it ASAP. I am a huge MGS fan.[/QUOTE]

The people on this website that take the time to post about how expensive these CE's are aren't exactly the target demographic.

You have people paying $200 for one HALO 4 "FOTUS" DLC (probably more for those that have to have each skin)

$100 for ZE: VLR watches; $400 Chell Portal Guns; hell even the freebies from RE: ORC and RE6 (Capcom store Sign and Umbrella) sell for more then the cost of the game.

[quote name='GBAstar']The people on this website that take the time to post about how expensive these CE's are aren't exactly the target demographic.

You have people paying $200 for one HALO 4 "FOTUS" DLC (probably more for those that have to have each skin)

$100 for ZE: VLR watches; $400 Chell Portal Guns; hell even the freebies from RE: ORC and RE6 (Capcom store Sign and Umbrella) sell for more then the cost of the game.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, I know. I pay too much attention to pop culture collectibles not to. I'm just giving my 2 cents on the game. Which is biased as any opinion is.

I really liked the demo but I'm probably just going to go with the standard edition at Best Buy to get the $20 reward zone certificate back. I personally don't want to spend the extra money for just the sword lamp and case.

The lamp reminds me of those novelty lamps you find at Hot Topic and Spencer's that are kind of cool but are about 8 inches tall and $40.

[quote name='GBAstar']The people on this website that take the time to post about how expensive these CE's are aren't exactly the target demographic.

$100 for ZE: VLR watches; $400 Chell Portal Guns; hell even the freebies from RE: ORC and RE6 (Capcom store Sign and Umbrella) sell for more then the cost of the game.[/QUOTE]

Quite sure I didn't pay any sort of $400 for my Chell gun. MSRP was $140 on those.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Quite sure I didn't pay any sort of $400 for my Chell gun. MSRP was $140 on those.[/QUOTE]

He didn't say that you paid that much for it, he was stating thats the going rate for them now at most places where people are reselling the original run.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Quite sure I didn't pay any sort of $400 for my Chell gun. MSRP was $140 on those.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you didn't; I didn't either. However I did sell one to a buyer in Australia for well over $500 (I don't want to give the exact amount and out my eBay account).

One thing that all the Metal Gear LE's/CE's have had in common is rarity. It may be expensive, but they generally only gain in value.

[quote name='Blumpkin']One thing that all the Metal Gear LE's/CE's have had in common is rarity. It may be expensive, but they generally only gain in value.[/QUOTE]

Well, demand, not rarity. Every LE in recent years is being pushed out in likely similar numbers, but the demand for them varies like crazy. The Assassin's Creed series being the low end of demand, MGS the high end.

Pretty safe bet to be an even money purchase. Preordered the PS3 version, will probably let this one go through. Ouch, $300 between this and Songbird. Damn you triple AAA franchises.

Finally some package art! I am loving the look of this thing and I am definitely keeping my 360 order. This one is definitely staying in my personal collection, unsealed and displayed properly as it should be!

[quote name='MoCiWe']I really liked the demo but I'm probably just going to go with the standard edition at Best Buy to get the $20 reward zone certificate back. I personally don't want to spend the extra money for just the sword lamp and case.[/QUOTE]
If Best Buy keeps their promotion like how they did it this year, you can pre-order CEs/LEs and still get the $20 certificate. Of course, I don't know if they are keeping it that way for 2013 too

I love it! As much as paying for a lamp for 90 bux sounds steep, a LM metal gear rising package art is fabulous. It'll always fetch around the same price you paid for it minimum should it truly be LM. So it's a no lose situation IMO. Pre ordered.

I cancelled this to get the european version instead. It comes with a raiden statue.. Much better.

I used to care about value but now I only buy CEs and LEs if I have a genuine interest in the game. And I open them too. Began to realize that you can't enjoy the game without opening it. Otherwise it just collects dust on the side. It saves me headache too to be honest. I used to be indecisive, asking myself often, should I buy this or not? Is it going to be rare? But I'm not a reseller. Just a collector of games I'm truly like. If I'm not impressed by the game, no matter how rare the CE is, I pass on it.

I also pre-ordered this, probably one of the few CE's I'm actually interested in keeping and displaying. The demo was absolutely amazing and it's on par with Bayonetta. (What else could you expect from Platinum Games?). I'm glad Konami gave the helm to P Games. Turning enemies into chop suey has never been so much fun. I thought it would be a complicated mechanic, but never thought it would work as well as it does.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I cancelled this to get the european version instead. It comes with a raiden statue.. Much better.

I used to care about value but now I only buy CEs and LEs if I have a genuine interest in the game. And I open them too. Began to realize that you can't enjoy the game without opening it. Otherwise it just collects dust on the side. It saves me headache too to be honest. I used to be indecisive, asking myself often, should I buy this or not? Is it going to be rare? But I'm not a reseller. Just a collector of games I'm truly like. If I'm not impressed by the game, no matter how rare the CE is, I pass on it.[/QUOTE]
Well said, really I only began collecting CE's this year. Luckily I only stick with the stuff I like and sell the rest. But I've mainly bought them because they were "cheap" and not really because I had a desire to display them. The only CE I genuinely bought for full price was God of War 3 and I was totally let down by the pandora box.

Honestly Europe seems to be getting better looking CE's than we do. RE6, Injustice, and Uncharted 3 just to name a few.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']Somewhere, there's a guy who has a room decked out with tacky collector's edition statues, toys, etc.[/QUOTE]

Somewhere else there is a guy with sealed collectors edition games hidden away in his closet. After several years of collecting dust and taking up space he might decide to sell his so called "investments" ....maybe.

Bayonetta and Vanquish had great CE's overseas. I'm sore that I missed them.

I would like to go for the JPN CE but im not sure if its region locked or has english available. 2 dwarf geckos, soundtrack, steelbook, artbook, raiden figure by play arts...very nice
http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=2996

[quote name='Japakneez']Somewhere else there is a guy with sealed collectors edition games hidden away in his closet. After several years of collecting dust and taking up space he might decide to sell his so called "investments" ....maybe.[/QUOTE]

a net gain, at most, of $100+$200 above retail on the truly in-demand ones. Even less after shipping+ebay+paypal fees, as the perceived profit is usually based on the sale price.

so years of hoarding pussy repelling boxes for what could be made in less than half a week at minimum wage :lol:

[quote name='ithebigc']If Best Buy keeps their promotion like how they did it this year, you can pre-order CEs/LEs and still get the $20 certificate. Of course, I don't know if they are keeping it that way for 2013 too[/QUOTE]

They are. There is a thread for which games will be eligible in 2013.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Really hoping to see an accurate lamp size before release so I'll know whether to cancel or not.....[/QUOTE]

Just doing a quick rough estimate, knowing that the size of the ESRB ratings box is usually between 3/4" to 1 1/2" tall, I would say the overall height of the box is 13-20" tall. I'll probably hold on to my preorder to the last minute and hope to watch an early unboxing video and then make my decision based off the the build quality.

[quote name='giantqtipz']
I used to care about value but now I only buy CEs and LEs if I have a genuine interest in the game. And I open them too. Began to realize that you can't enjoy the game without opening it. [/QUOTE]

i seriously do not get people who buy CEs for games they genuinely want to play, then keep sealed

I understand why flippers would keep games sealed, but as for collectors, to me that makes no sense... if you want to make money off your game collection, just buy multiple copies and be an ebay flipper

[quote name='Seraphinianus']Somewhere, there's a guy who has a room decked out with tacky collector's edition statues, toys, etc.[/QUOTE]

I have 19 on my desk right now.

bread's done
Back