Amazon Hi-Def Week June 13-17, DS3 Bundle w/ Ratchet&Clank: CIC 4PM

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
As a part of Amazon's Hi-Def Week, they will be putting games into the Gold Box DotD as well as the lightning deals, so keep an eye out.

Here's the guideline of the sales ahead.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1304161022&pf_rd_i=193640011

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

For today's lightning deals, games will be included later in the evening.

On Wednesday, there will probably either be a PS3 or a 360 on sale.

-------------------------------

PS3 Deal for Wednesday at 9AM PST.

PS3 160GB for $200.

-------------------------------------------

There will be a Dual Shock 3 Bundle w/ Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time at 4PM PST, and then another accessory deal at 6PM, but has yet to be announced what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!!! I thought it was going to be the $100gc pm but this was much more awesomer. Thank You for the amazon feedback thing, the CAGs have spoken.

Yeah, jump on the waitlist if you want mine as well. Put it in the cart just in case, but decided I don't need another system at this point. Already have 2 of each of all the consoles and a 60Gb still sealed in storage. Just wanted a back-up, but really don't need it, good luck all!

Glad I held off on the Best Buy PS3 deal. I really didn't want to have to lay out $320 after tax to get a gift card to be forced to spend on overpriced game merchandise. Also getting the Black Ops bundle was YMMV and even if you did get it, the game is only about a $35 value. To me getting this one for $200 free and clear with no tax and shipping was a better bet.

I bet we don't see a similar deal until the holidays. Now comes 10 pages of people posting about how they missed out on the deal.....

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow 4 minutes must be a gold box record lol. And why do people put things in their cart only to put it back ? It makes no since[/QUOTE]

They can't decide if they want to keep it or not.

It's like when you grab something in a store, and it's the last one, but you're not sure if you want it, and you walk around the store pacing back and forth, and then eventually you put it back into the wrong spot and leave.

[quote name='onyzukae']yes.. but This deal will be again..[/QUOTE]

check my math

Maybe, but if you only want one PS3 this deal trumps any BB one. If you want to go through that and then sell the other PS3, maybe it would come out to $150 for one PS3.

[quote name='Squarehard']They can't decide if they want to keep it or not.

It's like when you grab something in a store, and it's the last one, but you're not sure if you want it, and you walk around the store pacing back and forth, and then eventually you put it back into the wrong spot and leave.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Did this yesterday in Best Buy with a couple of blu-rays. Couldn't decide if I wanted to drop $50 on the $5.99 bin, so grabbed the ones I liked and contemplated what I would keep while walking around in store. Ended up throwing em back on the new release aisle since it was closest to registers;)

Got it -- awesome deal. Been waiting for the rumored $100 price drop and had $100 in Amazon GCs. I was guessing that Amazon may do a $100 GC deal after all those other $100 GC offers were floating around, but I didn't expect a straight $100 price cut.

No tax, free Prime shipping, $99 out of my pocket -- can't ask for a better deal right now.

I grabbed one at 60% claimed for a buddy. He's in Lebanon at the moment, so I don't know if he is cool with me buying it for him or not, but I suppose I can return it if he doesn't want it. He was ready to pay MSRP three weeks ago before he deployed and I told him to hold off, so he should want this though.

:whee: Got one :D There was an issue with my order but it was resolved instantly by Amazon (had the PS3 in my cart with the $294.99 price, added the Gold Box deal of $199.99 but still had yesterday's price, chatted with Amazon CSR and bam, adjusted the price to $199.99).

This came out to $0 for me after using some hefty credit I had in my account ;)

[quote name='htown01']:whee: Got one :D There was an issue with my order but it was resolved instantly by Amazon (had the PS3 in my cart with the $294.99 price, added the Gold Box deal of $199.99 but still had yesterday's price, chatted with Amazon CSR and bam, adjusted the price to $199.99).

This came out to $0 for me after using some hefty credit I had in my account ;)[/QUOTE]

I spent 600 at launch and you got yours for free grrrrrr ( strait edge gives htown01 evil eye )

[quote name='strait edge follower']I spent 600 at launch and you got yours for free grrrrrr ( strait edge gives htown01 evil eye )[/QUOTE]

:lol: (returns evil look) :D

Damn, $600. Well spent? It's not really free though. But I was lucky (as well as others) to receive a hefty gift card from Amazon for something I sent in.

[quote name='spiderman4657']Oh ok just wondering Im from whittier don't know if you know where that is.[/QUOTE]

I grew up in whittier!

whittier village cinemas is the shit!

[quote name='htown01']:lol: (returns evil look) :D

Damn, $600. Well spent? It's not really free though. But I was lucky (as well as others) to receive a hefty gift card from Amazon for something I sent in.[/QUOTE]

Well people though I was crazy ( you know the whole ps3 has no games and the other ps3 propiganda. People still say these things lol ) I knew it would payoff in the end. Amazon credit is great though as trade ins have helped me pay off most of my fall release games already. Enjoy the ps3 though ! Stock up on the gh titles like the uncharted games, god of war 3 resistance and the others. They are great games

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well people though I was crazy ( you know the whole ps3 has no games and the other ps3 propiganda. People still say these things lol ) I knew it would payoff in the end. Amazon credit is great though as trade ins have helped me pay off most of my fall release games already. Enjoy the ps3 though ! Stock up on the gh titles like the uncharted games, god of war 3 resistance and the others. They are great games[/QUOTE]

Awesome, no regrets :) The hours and hours of entertainment it provides for you, friends, and family is worth it. Yeah, Amazon is very competitive with deals and TIVs, it does help pay for newer items.

Thanks, I had already started a PS3 wish list on Amazon and did have some of those games in that list :D Odd but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it though, I may end up gifting it to my brother. I have too many unplayed games for my :360:...we'll see :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow 4 minutes must be a gold box record lol. And why do people put things in their cart only to put it back ? It makes no since[/QUOTE]
You must be new; we've had things sell out before the timer even expired.

[quote name='Jodou']You must be new; we've had things sell out before the timer even expired.[/QUOTE]

It's not that I'm new, its that I don't keep track of every single gold box event. Out of all the ones I've seen this one was the fastest. Wonder if the 360 will get a good deal like this

[quote name='htown01']Awesome, no regrets :) The hours and hours of entertainment it provides for you, friends, and family is worth it. Yeah, Amazon is very competitive with deals and TIVs, it does help pay for newer items.
[/QUOTE]

I was regretting getting a second one but then started to think that it really is great entertainment center just as you stated. netfilx,a blu ray player or 3d if you have tv for it,game console, etc. i was gonna upgrade the hardrive on my 80gb that alone wouldve been 50-60 just for the 500 gb hd. the free two day ship and the no tax which wouldve been another 20 dollars extra seals the deal everytime at amazon on anything over 50 dollar item. Every dollar counts now a days :bouncy:

Damn, I would have liked to get in on this to replace my older unit. I came out of the gym just 5 minutes too late!

I don't imagine it will be much longer before an actual price drop though?

Well, that sucked. I made it through the waiting list, only to experience the same glitch as the tomb raider deal where I couldn't add it to my cart. Oh well, the powers that be must be telling me I don't need another ps3.

[quote name='simmias']Well, that sucked. I made it through the waiting list, only to experience the same glitch as the tomb raider deal where I couldn't add it to my cart. Oh well, the powers that be must be telling me I don't need another ps3.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me twice today.

[quote name='BannedEpisode']Dont forget to buy Uncharted 2 GOTY and Demons Souls![/QUOTE]

A little off topic, but do you just suggest skipping the first uncharted? or get both maybe?

[quote name='abert78160']A little off topic, but do you just suggest skipping the first uncharted? or get both maybe?[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the first Uncharted, and for the price you can get it new nowadays I'd say go for it :)

It's one of my favorite PS3 exclusives, right beside inFamous

[quote name='abert78160']A little off topic, but do you just suggest skipping the first uncharted? or get both maybe?[/QUOTE]

I'd say play it but if you end up not loving it dont let it dissuade you from playing the second. Its a good game but the second goes leaps and bounds beyond the first.

Why would you skip the first game? It's not like it's terrible.

@Chrono- Same thing happened to me:cry:

[quote name='Doomtime']Why would you skip the first game? It's not like it's terrible.

@Chrono- Same thing happened to me:cry:[/QUOTE]

well, i think he just means in case he doesn't want to buy it.

[quote name='Doomtime']Why would you skip the first game? It's not like it's terrible.

@Chrono- Same thing happened to me:cry:[/QUOTE]

I was just curious since he suggested the 2nd one in his post. I will probably end up getting them both at some point, but will start with the first.

[quote name='confoosious']well, i think he just means in case he doesn't want to buy it.[/QUOTE]

That too. I'm just looking to buy 3 or 4 games to start out with.

sucks.
I have a ton of amazon credit and was waiting for a 299 +100gc deal from amazon..
200 lightning would of been perfect.

I didnt even know about it until right now (too late)

sucks!

Happy I scored one. Been looking for a cheap one to play when Twisted Metal comes out. now to fine some cheap games to play.

for people wanting good ps3 exclusives, my favs are

both uncharted games
demons souls
fat princess (psn game)
back to the future (psn game)
metal gear solid 4
heavy rain
both ratchet and clank games
sly collection

There's a big emphasis on characters in the Uncharted series, so if you play it in order you'll have a better appreciation for them, in addition to seeing the improvements they make with each game.

bread's done
Back