Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate forced online for game activation as well. Certain places do it right, certain places do it wrong. GOG? Obviously they do it right, but not everywhere can be the DRM-free awesomeness that is GOG. They also obviously don't have many/any new titles. GameFly? Well, they suck, and their customer service gets a D- at best, but their activation works online or offline. If your computer is offline you can just put the activation key in manually. Some games don't come with one, but in that case all you have to do is copy down a key request number and message them with it. As sucky as their CS is, they'll hit you up with an offline activation key within minutes and you're good to go. Steam? Yeah, Steam is "great", but you're basically nailed to the internet.

The problem is people that have a system that doesn't have internet connection. People are oblivious saying "You're online now, what's your problem?", because it's not that simple. For one, internet goes out, and most people have smart phones. Obviously you can post on CAG without having a connected PC. Besides that though, some people have a system that simply isn't connected to the internet. Me? The desktop I'm on now might have internet connection, but it's not mine and it isn't capable of playing games. My laptop is capable of playing (some) games, but it's not connected to the internet. It's old and has many issues, therefore it literally cannot connect to the internet (it's even been completely toyed with by a techie; it's boned). So the only games I can play need to be DRM-free or capable of offline activation.

That means I can't play ANY Steam games until I buy a new computer. Period. That's why Steam annoys me (even though when I do get a new PC I'll probably get over my grudge towards it). Yes, you can play via offline mode, but only if... what? Yes, if you are online first. That's stupid, sorry.

"..$5 credit to use on one of our current THQ pre-orders: Darksiders II, Metro: Last Light, or South Park: The Stick of Truth."

I think this text should be on the pack page, that link will get shared a lot and people wont know about this

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I agree with everything you just said but I have a question. Are you suggesting that I add images to the OP?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
You could possibly add this to the OP.
tumblr_lffbx0Bbc11qfcbfro1_500.gif

or even this
Rocketcaremporium.jpg

They might need to be photoshopped a little. I'd do it but can't afford Photoshop.

Still waiting and hoping for Sonic Generations and/or Saints Row the 3rd.

Great deals so far, but I own most of the current sales. I would pick up Kingdoms of Armular, but with the studio out of business I may as well wait for it to be $5. It's not like I'm funding any updates for the game or series by paying $35 for it when I could spend it on a studio still in business that needs the money.

Great deals on all these new games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']So to be clear, your suggestion is that, "Deal of the Week" is not clear enough without a bounded time on the graphic.

adding the "from July 8 to July 14" would definitely crowd the graphic too much, but what do you think about "Ends Sunday" or "Ends 7/14 (or whatever the end date is)".

Thoughts?

Hal, want to chime in as well?

Not sure this is a solution for the ever-changing deals during events, but it sounds like a workable solution for deal of the week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I think the basic problem is one of information overload. A forum post is a great tool for conveying a limited amount of information; when there's just a Deal of the Week, or just a couple promotions, it works fine. But the sheer volume of overlapping promotions going on right now make it hard for any of them to stand out. Even when the dates aren't changing behind the scenes, it's not easy for readers to parse and remember exactly when each game or bundle is discounted. I don't want to describe the problem as "too much of a good thing", but that's what the analytical part of my brain thinks is going on. (The selfish part of my brain wants me to shut up and wait for more super-saley goodness.)

Clearly, there are limitations on the Standard Amazon Page Design that make it hard to promote and cross-promote sales within the site itself. But would it be possible for the corporate overlords to provide you with a nonstandard page dedicated to DD promotions? If you had the ability to put up rotating billboard-style graphics (like Steam and Impulse and GOG, for example) and some sort of interactive calendar that identified exactly which promotions would be active on a particular date, I think that it would be a lot easier for Joe Gamer to find the sale he's looking for.

If you had such a page within Amazonland, the front-page posts you write here and elsewhere could be simplified to a list of current and upcoming promotions, with a link directing everyone to the same "DD Front Page". All of the date ranges and page-specific hyperlinks could be managed from within Amazon, giving you less HTML to manage at CAG and elsewhere.

In the meantime... using a graphic to identify the DOTW is a good idea. Further simplification could come from reducing the number of simultaneous individually-date-ranged promotions. There are various deals running from now through 7/14, from now through 7/10, from 7/12-7/14... and it was much more complex when some of those deals were starting on the 1st or the 3rd or the 4th or the 8th. I know you guys were expecting to go head-to-head with Steam's summer sale, but I think it's very much to your benefit that they changed their dates. The marketing infrastructure needs improvement before you'll be able to challenge Steam on the turf where it made its name.

I love some of the things Amazon does. I love getting individual product keys when I buy a bundle. I love the increasing ability to choose between a Steam-enabled version or a standalone version. I love the fact that Amazon is making an effort to be as up-front as possible about a game's DRM, and that it has the clout to request DRM-free versions from publishers (for long-tail games, at least). But the promotion is being done on a shoestring, and that's where Amazon Corporate needs to step up if they really want to punch Steam in the nose. The deals are fantastic; now it's time for an investment in information design worthy of such excellent promotions.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Check out the OP now, I've bounded the 2 different sales with images representing them.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Adding a couple of pictures to break things up is already helping out. Another suggestion to break things up a bit more, could you move everything that's reference or long-term information to the second post of the thread? I understand if you'd like to keep all the preorder info in your first post but if you had the first post be strictly current/short-term deals and the second post be more information such as the preorders, Steam activated titles, etc. (everything after your PM note, basically) I think it would go a long way in breaking up what's currently a huge amount of text/information.

[quote name='Idiotekque']That means I can't play ANY Steam games until I buy a new computer. Period. That's why Steam annoys me (even though when I do get a new PC I'll probably get over my grudge towards it). Yes, you can play via offline mode, but only if... what? Yes, if you are online first. That's stupid, sorry.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Also looking to buy Darksiders and Metro 2033 for $3 a piece out of the bundle! I have no use for the other 3 games + DLC. PM me![/QUOTE]

You know those are Steam activated keys, right?

I do appreciate the graphics in the OP though I think one of each is enough. Two just makes me look back and forth at each one trying to figure out what is different.

- Avoid duplicate or conflicting information; for example, the heading of one section says 7/4-7/14 (as well as "starting 7/1") and then every line thereafter says 7/1-7/14. A "Through 7/14" would suffice for the entire list and eliminate extra verbiage
- 7/6-7/14 List... alphabetize!

I realize you are managing multiple forum threads and the information is constantly changing. I'm not being critical... just relaying some hurdles I have when consuming the information presented in the post. You asked. :)

But really all I am hoping is that the sale duration continues to be conveyed either in the form of numerical dates or calendar segments. I think there's some real value in the earlier suggestion that you emphasize WEEKLY SALE (through x/xx) or WEEKEND SALE (through x/xx). It sticks around in my head a lot longer that random dates. The challenge around this sale, obviously, has been that many of the sales started and ended mid-week. Not an easy task!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This was a miscommunication on my part. I updated the OP at one point but it sounds like you missed it.

Sorry man :(. This is actually the topic of the current discussion.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No biggie. I was just like, "Wai- wha... eh?"

I was more leaning toward The Darkness 2 anyways! I think Syndicate's got a few more drops left in the tank.

Thanks for the deals, though. If I missed the update, well that's on me. I think the best solution would be for us all to give your our phone numbers and you could personally call us one by one and advise us of any updates to the current sales. You don't have to do it every hour on the hour. I SUPPOSE I can settle for you doing it once a day. Promptly, though.

Our daily "Call from Tony" should become a part of our daily ritual like scraping the cold pizza off the floor for breakfast, smearing water over ourselves in rapid fashion that has no effect on how clean we are, wiping our heads off, and rearranging our junk after we first get up.

Not long after, we should have the daily "Call from Tony." He can give us updates, take our suggestions, listen to our complaints, ask about how our children are, discuss the weather, moan about politics, and then offer us a hearty, "Thanks for your business. Remember... you're my #1 customer!" (For Amazon Prime members, your "call" becomes a "Skype from Tony.")

Then he can hang up and spend the rest of his entire day calling each and every one of us with the same routine. And just when he's done, he'll be ready to start over. It'll be great.

Later, he can start a door to door service where he drives to show us via Amazon Kindle Fire the deals on their website. Giving it that personal touch. Then when he leaves, he gives us the Amazon Kindle Fire tablet for free. ("All part of the service!") Every week, we get a new Amazon Kindle Fire with an updated deal page as its startup. Let's call those our WEEKLY "Fireside Chats with Tony." (If we're Amazon Prime members, we should get a free upgrade to "Lunches with Tony." No doubt, Tony would enjoy having lunch all day long, but Tony'd have to foot the bill for each and every lunch. No doubt, Amazon pays him the big bucks, so he'll have no trouble covering it all every day of every week, including Sunday's.)

Eventually, he'll save time and create a holographic VI Tony that can interactively advise us of updates. He'll also be programmed with awesomeness straight from the get-go. ;)

Lol!!!!!!!

[quote name='hisdivineshadow']no biggie. I was just like, "wai- wha... Eh?"

i was more leaning toward the darkness 2 anyways! I think syndicate's got a few more drops left in the tank.

Thanks for the deals, though. If i missed the update, well that's on me. I think the best solution would be for us all to give your our phone numbers and you could personally call us one by one and advise us of any updates to the current sales. You don't have to do it every hour on the hour. I suppose i can settle for you doing it once a day. Promptly, though.

Our daily "call from tony" should become a part of our daily ritual like scraping the cold pizza off the floor for breakfast, smearing water over ourselves in rapid fashion that has no effect on how clean we are, wiping our heads off, and rearranging our junk after we first get up.

Not long after, we should have the daily "call from tony." he can give us updates, take our suggestions, listen to our complaints, ask about how our children are, discuss the weather, moan about politics, and then offer us a hearty, "thanks for your business. Remember... You're my #1 customer!" (for amazon prime members, your "call" becomes a "skype from tony.")

then he can hang up and spend the rest of his entire day calling each and every one of us with the same routine. And just when he's done, he'll be ready to start over. It'll be great.

Later, he can start a door to door service where he drives to show us via amazon kindle fire the deals on their website. Giving it that personal touch. Then when he leaves, he gives us the amazon kindle fire tablet for free. ("all part of the service!") every week, we get a new amazon kindle fire with an updated deal page as its startup. Let's call those our weekly "fireside chats with tony." (if we're amazon prime members, we should get a free upgrade to "lunches with tony." no doubt, tony would enjoy having lunch all day long, but tony'd have to foot the bill for each and every lunch. No doubt, amazon pays him the big bucks, so he'll have no trouble covering it all every day of every week, including sunday's.)

eventually, he'll save time and create a holographic vi tony that can interactively advise us of updates. He'll also be programmed with awesomeness straight from the get-go. ;)[/quote]

I see that Payday's on sale for 5 bucks, what are people's opinions on the game? Is it fun? Saw some trailers for it but I was kinda on the line back then.

[quote name='Davinatorman']I see that Payday's on sale for 5 bucks, what are people's opinions on the game? Is it fun? Saw some trailers for it but I was kinda on the line back then.[/QUOTE]

A got to try it for free for a week or so after the Christmas sales, and it was quite fun (although pretty hard at least for a noob like me). However i've read elsewhere it got quite empty after that free period. Maybe now with the 5$ offer (which is tempting me) it gets crowded again.

[quote name='Shandil']A got to try it for free for a week or so after the Christmas sales, and it was quite fun (although pretty hard at least for a noob like me). However i've read elsewhere it got quite empty after that free period. Maybe now with the 5$ offer (which is tempting me) it gets crowded again.[/QUOTE]

Hm, I wouldn't want to pick up a co op game that's empty. Does anyone who have this game know if it's really dead or not?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Check out the OP now and let me know what you think.
[/QUOTE]

That looks great. The only thing I could nitpick is to add a bolded and/or slightly bigger text title between the mostly Steam games and the EA/Origin games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Guys,

Check out the OP now and let me know what you think.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Way, way better. Thanks for putting up with all our demands! :lol:

[quote name='Davinatorman']Hm, I wouldn't want to pick up a co op game that's empty. Does anyone who have this game know if it's really dead or not?[/QUOTE]

Got it last week and I've been playing it for 3 days - very infrequently are you unable to find a game. Players are very scarce, but not so much that you can't play it yet. I don't think you'll ever see a large influx though, unless this game somehow becomes free. Sometimes you'll have to play with a higher ping than you'd like, but its co-op against AI, so it's not really a big deal.

If youlike Left 4 Dead at all, its basically a heist scenario version of it. A pretty amazing game actually, especially at $5.

Edit: If anyone is looking for some co-op in Payday, I'm definitely up for it - just drop me a PM.

Heh, so I just got the THQ Action Pack bundle...thanks guys for convincing me to once again spend money that I really shouldn't be spending right now :bomb:...lol, j/k. :razz: Gonna try and get some hours logged on Forged Alliance and see if I like its style before Thursday with the hope that I like it and in case Supreme Commander happens to have a nice sale during the Steam summer sale (assuming it starts this Thursday). :D

Man, I'm loving the emphasis that Amazon has been putting on great PCDD deals recently since it kinda makes up for how completely lame their console and handheld deals have been over the past 9-12 months. I think I've bitten on maybe 1 console game deal in 2012 and back in 2009 - Fall 2011, I'd be grabbing games at crazy discounts nearly once a week and sometimes even multiple times per week during some periods of time. I miss the daily deals on video games that have been replaced by the weekly deals, which have been very sub-par as far as deals go. :cry: But at least the PCDD department has been shining with deals to satiate my OCD desire to spend money on games in the misguided hope that I will one day actually play them all. :mrgreen:

I think the OP looks good.

I think at times you're not running super awesome sales like the July sale you should bring some of the information in the second post back to the first (probably the pre-order stuff, but yeah it looks good now.

As far as Payday, great game but I can't really speak to the community as I mostly play with Computer AI teammates. Have a blast playing that way though and they tend to be pretty decent (better than me actually).

Grabbed Binary Domain. It's pretty generic, the tutorial is painfully long too. Seemed like the tutorial alone took an hour to get through. It would have felt better if I paid 5 instead of 10 but for those that are into cover shooters I imagine you'll enjoy it.

It's not really a great cover shooter. Game plays far better as a mix of running and gunning with the occasional use of cover. Also known as a pretty normal tps before the market went crazy.

That first chapter didn't come off as a tutorial to me, it was just the first chapter of the game with a moment here and there to teach you how to do something. You could opt out of most of the lessons, too. Probably less than 5% of that chapter was tutorial content.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'd never thought of doing that before...I'm going to now though. Good suggestion.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Guys,

Check out the OP now and let me know what you think.[/QUOTE]

It's a definite improvement. Breaking up the information in a way that's glance-friendly is what makes it easy to navigate. I know you're active on NeoGAF, so I'd recommend browsing through the OTs (Official Threads) for various games there. (Older OTs are in Gaming Community, newer ones in just Gaming. ex: Uncharted 3.)

Obviously you don't need to go as design/image heavy as that, but the banner/block style makes the posts easier to read.

There's still some stuff you might want to adjust.

For instance, you have the first list of "Through July 14" games ending with COD:MW3. Then a block of games ending the 10th, and then another block of games ending the 14th. Why not move that 2nd "14th" block up with the rest? The "10th" deal could even go at the top, above the first "14th" block, so that people see it first (since it's ending soonest.)

Like so:

Through July 10th:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - $14.99:
Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

Through July 14:

[FONT="]1.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/Sega-41016nary-Domain1-Binary-Download/dp/B007V6MQR6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1341246921&sr=1-1&keywords=binary"]Binary Domain:[/URL] $9.99 - Activates on Steam - Want to know what MysterD thinks about this game? Click here.

[/SIZE] [FONT="]2.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 (33% off) – This is the Steam version. [/FONT]

[FONT="]3.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="] Spec Ops: The Line - $24.99 (50% off) – Steam activate-able – this will run from[/FONT]

[FONT="][COLOR=White]4.[/COLOR] [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]Bioshock Dual Pack (Bioshock 1 + 2) – $7.49 Steam activate-able [/FONT]

[FONT="]5[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=White][FONT="].[/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00846E6X4?tag=cheapassgam08-20"] X-Com Complete Pack[/URL] – $2.99 - Steam activate-able [/FONT]

[FONT="]6[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=White][FONT="].[/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JA7EWW?tag=cheapassgam08-20"] The Darkness II[/URL] - $12.49 – Steam activate-able [/FONT]

[FONT="]7[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=White][FONT="].[/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FRWR7Y?tag=cheapassgam08-20"] Rockstar Classics Pack[/URL] - $14.99 – Steam activate-able

[/FONT]
[FONT="]. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition [/FONT][FONT="]- $7.49 (Steam activate-able)

9[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="].[/FONT]
[FONT="]. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]Duke Nukem Complete Pack [/FONT][FONT="]$7.99 (Steam activate-able) [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4]- All Activate on Steam
[/SIZE][INDENT][SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]a.[/FONT]
[FONT="] The base game - Duke Nukem Forever[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]b.[/FONT]
[FONT="] The DLC Pack - Duke Nukem Forever Hail to the Icons Parody Pack DLC [/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]c. [/FONT]
[FONT="]The DLC Pack - The Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC Pack [/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [/INDENT][SIZE=4][COLOR=White][FONT="]10.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW57JS"]2K Strategy Pack [/URL]- $19.99 [/FONT]- All Activate on Steam
[FONT="]a. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition [/FONT]
[FONT="]b.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="] Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition [/FONT]
[FONT="]c. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]The Stronghold Collection [Download][/FONT]
[FONT="]11. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]2K Shooter Pack [/FONT][FONT="]- $19.99[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4] - All activate on Steam
[FONT="] BioShock 2 [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT="] BioShock [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]c.[/FONT]
[FONT="] Borderlands Game of the Year Edition [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]d. [/FONT]
[FONT="]Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [/INDENT][SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]12. [/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW607G"]2K Mega Pack[/URL] [/FONT][FONT="]- $39.99 - Everything except CivCity Rome activates on Steam[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
[FONT="] BioShock 2 [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT="] BioShock [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]-
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]c.[/FONT]
[FONT="] Borderlands Game of the Year Edition [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]d.[/FONT]
[FONT="] CivCity: Rome [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]- Not Steam in this pack
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]e.[/FONT]
[FONT="] Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]f. [/FONT]
[FONT="]Mafia II [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]g. [/FONT]
[FONT="]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]h.[/FONT]
[FONT="] Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]i.[/FONT]
[FONT="] The Stronghold Collection [Download][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE] [/INDENT][SIZE=4][COLOR=white][FONT="]13.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0060CSORI?tag=cheapassgam08-20"]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3[/URL] [/FONT][FONT="]- $29.99 (50% off Steam activate-able) [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4]

[/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=white][FONT="]14.[/FONT]
Kingdoms Of Amalur - $24.99
[FONT="]15. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WKFJ90"]FIFA Manager 12 [/URL]- $9.99

[FONT="]16. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OTGE8E"]FIFA Soccer 12[/URL] - $9.99

[FONT="]17.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2Q20"]Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]18. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005IRLEIM"]Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters [/URL]- $9.99

[FONT="]19. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007XXEG5C"]Madden NFL 08 [/URL]- $4.99

[FONT="]20. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JPKHIE"]Need For Speed World Gold Starter Pack[/URL] - $14.99

[FONT="]21.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JPKH16"]Need For Speed World Silver Starter Pack[/URL] - $11.24

[FONT="]22. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JPKGH6"]Need For Speed World Bronze Starter Pack[/URL] - $7.49

[FONT="]23.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004E10R4K"]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]24.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053YQ8E0"]Alice: Madness Returns[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]25.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MPRFF2"]Bulletstorm[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]26. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00452VGZW"]Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]27. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2L5M"]Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]28. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AYCNYI"]Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]29. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2L70"]Dead Space[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]30. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JHYZKQ"]Dead Space 2[/URL] - $4.99

[FONT="]31. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047O2Q0M"]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box[/URL] - $4.99

Starts July 12, Through July 14
[/SIZE]1. Need for Speed: The Run - $9.99

[/QUOTE]

Hope some of that feedback helps.

EDIT: Just thought I might add, take a look at the older Kmart threads from when their buyer/communtiy guy Josh was here. Although he didn't use graphics, you can see he uses color, font size, italic/bold/underline to separate everything out. A lot of feedback from the community helped him shape it to the multi-post format it's in there.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']It's a definite improvement. Breaking up the information in a way that's glance-friendly is what makes it easy to navigate. I know you're active on NeoGAF, so I'd recommend browsing through the OTs (Official Threads) for various games there. (Older OTs are in Gaming Community, newer ones in just Gaming. ex: Uncharted 3.)

Obviously you don't need to go as design/image heavy as that, but the banner/block style makes the posts easier to read.

There's still some stuff you might want to adjust.

For instance, you have the first list of "Through July 14" games ending with COD:MW3. Then a block of games ending the 10th, and then another block of games ending the 14th. Why not move that 2nd "14th" block up with the rest? The "10th" deal could even go at the top, above the first "14th" block, so that people see it first (since it's ending soonest.)

Like so:

Hope some of that feedback helps.

EDIT: Just thought I might add, take a look at the older Kmart threads from when their buyer/communtiy guy Josh was here. Although he didn't use graphics, you can see he uses color, font size, italic/bold/underline to separate everything out. A lot of feedback from the community helped him shape it to the multi-post format it's in there.[/QUOTE]

Feedback definitely helps, just re-arranged the OP as well, I hear you on the font, I'm going to chew on that one a bit more though. For me personally it makes it really hard for me to read the prices and such.

FYI, speaking of Gaf, just posted over there. Our EA rep noticed how excited everyone was for Need for Speed: The Run and asked that we start the $9.99 promo 3 days early:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40844ed-Run2-Speed/dp/B0060NQT9W/

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Davinatorman']I see that Payday's on sale for 5 bucks, what are people's opinions on the game? Is it fun? Saw some trailers for it but I was kinda on the line back then.[/QUOTE]
The game can become very hard, simply because the AI is a good shot. Because of this you'll need good teammates. Between sales there really aren't that many people playing. But the game is definitely good, and I'd be willing to revisit this game. I'm sure you can find others in the CAG steam group or the forum.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI, speaking of Gaf, just posted over there. Our EA rep noticed how excited everyone was for Need for Speed: The Run and asked that we start the $9.99 promo 3 days early:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40844ed-Run2-Speed/dp/B0060NQT9W/
[/QUOTE]
Arrrgggh, must... resist... I'll probably buy this as it's really only avail on origin for PC and that's a heck of a price. Can anyone shed any light on The Run and how it compares to other NFS titles or other racing games.

Like all team based online games it entirely depends on who you play with. If you can get a group of buddies to play with you on a regular basis, all using voice chat, it is very intense. If you play with PUGs it varies from intense to ridiculously frustrating. It is similar to Left for Dead, only replace zombies with law enforcement.

It regularly goes on sale for $5, I bought it for that much and easily got 10x that out of it.

I have an extra PayDay or Magicka Collection Steam codes, would like to exchange it for The Saboteur or Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. Just send a PM if you're interested to take it.

[quote name='BrentronD']Arrrgggh, must... resist... I'll probably buy this as it's really only avail on origin for PC and that's a heck of a price. Can anyone shed any light on The Run and how it compares to other NFS titles or other racing games.[/QUOTE]
I played through it a few weeks ago, and let me tell you. It's not very good. It is exceedingly average, or worse, in every conceivable way. And I actually liked the conceit.

So there's a few problems, the first being the length. Now, length != quality, but the game is super short. I beat it in 3-4 hours, with numerous retries on stages (I'll get to that.) If you did every stage in one go, you'd finish in less than 2 hours.

The second is the mechanics. The game has a bizarre progression/unlock system, where basic features of racing games (you know, like drafting) have to be unlocked by leveling up. You level up by getting points in races based on your driving. But here's what it all breaks down: the mechanics don't reinforce each other. If you fuck up, you can rewind to a checkpoint. Awesome. But if you do, you lose 500XP for getting through the stage without doing that, and in the early stages, XP is crucial for getting stuff like drafting so you stand a chance, so the penalty discourages you from using that system. Poor design. (An example is this: finishing a stage without a redo you get 500XP + 100XP bonus (20XP * 5 redos left.) If you use even one, you get only 80XP (20XP * 4 left.))

The last is the AI. Seriously man, fuck the people who wrote it. It's some of the absolute worst bullshit "rubberbanding" I've seen in racing games ever. Any time you get a lead, the racers will suddenly be up your tailpipe in slower cars going impossibly fast. If that's not enough, the game has horrendous difficulty spikes where it throws you curveballs that make the game controller-breakingly aggravating on the default difficulty. One such curveball? Survive for 3 minutes while endlessly respawning rubberbanding AI cars shoot you. So aggressive is the AI that I died within 5 seconds after restarting a checkpoint because they hipchecked me into a lightpost, then shot me to death the next retry.

It's so frustrating because the idea of stages where you have objectives that aren't simply "be first at the end of 3 laps" is cool, but it's so poorly executed that I really can't recommend it.

[quote name='Genocidal']Way, way better. Thanks for putting up with all our demands! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Saw your steam tag and I'm wondering why that sounds familiar. Think I played Payday with you the other day and my girlfriend was watching in shock as you steamrolled the entire front of the bank alone while the other 3 of us sat inside watching. Damn 145 reps.

If that was you, that's pretty funny.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I played through it a few weeks ago, and let me tell you. It's not very good. It is exceedingly average, or worse, in every conceivable way. And I actually liked the conceit.

So there's a few problems, the first being the length. Now, length != quality, but the game is super short. I beat it in 3-4 hours, with numerous retries on stages (I'll get to that.) If you did every stage in one go, you'd finish in less than 2 hours.

The second is the mechanics. The game has a bizarre progression/unlock system, where basic features of racing games (you know, like drafting) have to be unlocked by leveling up. You level up by getting points in races based on your driving. But here's what it all breaks down: the mechanics don't reinforce each other. If you fuck up, you can rewind to a checkpoint. Awesome. But if you do, you lose 500XP for getting through the stage without doing that, and in the early stages, XP is crucial for getting stuff like drafting so you stand a chance, so the penalty discourages you from using that system. Poor design. (An example is this: finishing a stage without a redo you get 500XP + 100XP bonus (20XP * 5 redos left.) If you use even one, you get only 80XP (20XP * 4 left.))

The last is the AI. Seriously man, fuck the people who wrote it. It's some of the absolute worst bullshit "rubberbanding" I've seen in racing games ever. Any time you get a lead, the racers will suddenly be up your tailpipe in slower cars going impossibly fast. If that's not enough, the game has horrendous difficulty spikes where it throws you curveballs that make the game controller-breakingly aggravating on the default difficulty. One such curveball? Survive for 3 minutes while endlessly respawning rubberbanding AI cars shoot you. So aggressive is the AI that I died within 5 seconds after restarting a checkpoint because they hipchecked me into a lightpost, then shot me to death the next retry.

It's so frustrating because the idea of stages where you have objectives that aren't simply "be first at the end of 3 laps" is cool, but it's so poorly executed that I really can't recommend it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your detailed impressions. If it's one of those restart race several times because the AI screwed you over type of games (ala Midnight Club, Motorstorm, etc.), which it really seems like it is. I think I'll most likely pass. Also, I just glanced over some amazon reviews stating how it's limited to 30fps. Arrrggg, damn you console generation! (has a console...).

Well, here's some video to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Specifically, the stage "Northwest Highway." Starts at 11:30.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5dT1fSvy7Q

They just throw too much at you sometimes to be fun, IMO. Trying to pass people while dodging respawning killcars is a bit much. But for the rubberbanding, just watch how, in the minimap, no matter how fast he goes the killcars surge back within 10-15 seconds.

EDIT: Forgot how Youtube embeds misbehave here.
EDIT: CheapyD ninja edit - just put the youtube link and it auto-embeds ;)

[quote name='xdl']Saw your steam tag and I'm wondering why that sounds familiar. Think I played Payday with you the other day and my girlfriend was watching in shock as you steamrolled the entire front of the bank alone while the other 3 of us sat inside watching. Damn 145 reps.

If that was you, that's pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I haven't played Payday for a couple of months now, and only made it up to somewhere in the 60-80 range. Must've been someone else trying to be as awesome as me. :)

I really prefer console gaming but the only one of the THQ games I have on a console is Darksiders and I've been thinking about trying Metro 2033 for a while. So, any opinions on if I should get the Steam bundle? Also, are the download codes individual (one for each game) or is it just one code for all of them? I would like to give away or sell my Darksiders code since i have that for console.

[quote name='Blaster man']I really prefer console gaming but the only one of the THQ games I have on a console is Darksiders and I've been thinking about trying Metro 2033 for a while. So, any opinions on if I should get the Steam bundle? Also, are the download codes individual (one for each game) or is it just one code for all of them? I would like to give away or sell my Darksiders code since i have that for console.[/QUOTE]
They give you individual codes so you can share the love.

[quote name='Blaster man']I really prefer console gaming but the only one of the THQ games I have on a console is Darksiders and I've been thinking about trying Metro 2033 for a while. So, any opinions on if I should get the Steam bundle? Also, are the download codes individual (one for each game) or is it just one code for all of them? I would like to give away or sell my Darksiders code since i have that for console.[/QUOTE]

As said, they are individual codes. And I will absolutely buy from Darksiders from you if you decide to go that route!

I was looking for where Tony said "You do realize Metro 2033 and Darksiders are Steam codes, right?" in response to my explaining how I can't use Steam, but it seems to have disappeared.

I do, but basically I'm just hoarding right now for when I have a gaming laptop that will have Internet access.

[quote name='Genocidal']Adding a couple of pictures to break things up is already helping out. Another suggestion to break things up a bit more, could you move everything that's reference or long-term information to the second post of the thread? I understand if you'd like to keep all the preorder info in your first post but if you had the first post be strictly current/short-term deals and the second post be more information such as the preorders, Steam activated titles, etc. (everything after your PM note, basically) I think it would go a long way in breaking up what's currently a huge amount of text/information.

You know those are Steam activated keys, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']I was looking for where Tony said "You do realize Metro 2033 and Darksiders are Steam codes, right?" in response to my explaining how I can't use Steam, but it seems to have disappeared.

I do, but basically I'm just hoarding right now for when I have a gaming laptop that will have Internet access.[/QUOTE]

It was Genocidal who said, hence why you didn't find it.

[/QUOTE]

@Tony

Suggestions for guys at Amazon on this page...and other pages on special Amazon pages that have TONS of deals like this.

There should be sorting options on these pages, to make it easier to search for the games I'm looking for - especially when lists get THAT extensive.

Example, sort by...
Alphabetical - From A to Z; and in reverse from Z to A.
Sort by price - From lowest price to highest; and also in reverse from highest price to lowest.
How many to deals to list on a page - List 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 200, ALL Deals on One Page.
Format how to list them - List everything from top to bottom; thumbnail style (like you already have it set-up); etc etc.

Honestly, it's MUCH easier for me to look in THIS CAG THREAD on Post #1 on CAG Here than to look on your actual Amazon page.

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony

Suggestions for guys at Amazon on this page...and other pages on special Amazon pages that have TONS of deals like this.

There should be sorting options on these pages, to make it easier to search for the games I'm looking for - especially when lists get THAT extensive.

Example, sort by...
Alphabetical - From A to Z; and in reverse from Z to A.
Sort by price - From lowest price to highest; and also in reverse from highest price to lowest.
How many to deals to list on a page - List 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 200, ALL Deals on One Page.
Format how to list them - List everything from top to bottom; thumbnail style (like you already have it set-up); etc etc.

Honestly, it's MUCH easier for me to look in THIS CAG THREAD on Post #1 on CAG Here than to look on your actual Amazon page.[/QUOTE]

I agree - this would help with my paranoia of missing a deal! :lol:

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Grabbed Binary Domain. It's pretty generic, the tutorial is painfully long too. Seemed like the tutorial alone took an hour to get through. It would have felt better if I paid 5 instead of 10 but for those that are into cover shooters I imagine you'll enjoy it.[/QUOTE]
Shipwreck told me that it picks up quite a bit after the first hour.

Also, I played a little bit of NFS: The Run. Haven't played enough of it to give it a thumbs up or down, but damn it looks pretty.

So I explained to CS how I would like to have a Steam key for TR:U as I was disappointed that I just bought it, didn't get one, and then they were available a month later.

Response was basically "Sorry! Fixed now. Go to the product page and take the key you see there. It will activate on Steam." I do it, nothing. It's still the same key.

So much for the oh-so-amazing Amazon CS... First impressions mean a lot.

So I bought the Dragon Age collection, what's the most painless way to download/install the two games? I'm not sure whether to do it via origin, the direct Amazon downloader, or some other way.

[quote name='Idiotekque']So I explained to CS how I would like to have a Steam key for TR:U as I was disappointed that I just bought it, didn't get one, and then they were available a month later.

Response was basically "Sorry! Fixed now. Go to the product page and take the key you see there. It will activate on Steam." I do it, nothing. It's still the same key.

So much for the oh-so-amazing Amazon CS... First impressions mean a lot.[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for your experience with the CS rep just now but one would have thought your first impression with Amazon CS in general would have occurred somewhere in this thread:

To quote your signature:

My List
-
Steam keys for sale/trade:
Supreme Commander 2
($4), Tomb Raider: GoL ($4), Kane & Lynch 2 ($5), SotS Complete ($5),
Super Meat Boy/Lone Survivor/Braid ($5), Hamilton's Great Adventure ($4), Oddworld Pack ($3), Syberia ($4)

Interested in something? Got an offer for me? Send me a PM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back