Amazon Vote...Both PS3's and Wiiii

[quote name='dweekie']doh stupid post, edited out[/QUOTE]

Well this whole topic is lame. Once I get back from class I think I'm gonig to post 10 different topics stating that games are their normal price, but there is freeshipping so it's a deal!

[quote name='David85']Well this whole topic is lame. Once I get back from class I think I'm gonig to post 10 different topics stating that games are their normal price, but there is freeshipping so it's a deal![/QUOTE]

Sigh! Didn't we get past all this nonsense? Or did you not learn from AdultLink? No one is forcing you to come in this thread, if you don't think it's a deal move along.

Let Cheapy or a mod decide if a topic is relevant.

I agree with the others that say it's a deal since consoles are scarce and you don't have to wait for hours in a line.

[quote name='Rictor']I already have hemorrhoids, so I'm money.[/quote]

hahaha, for sure your getting a PS3. What could go wrong!

I signed up for the Wii, though I have no interest in jumping into the next generation systems yet. Wii at least offers me the option of buying a ton of old Gamecube titles that are out there that I haven't played yet. And of course the 360 has the best library of next gen titles at the moment but those are easy to find.

Would someone just ban "David85" already? Every single post is like this. Over on another thread I made he's randomly insulting me, pointing out "helpful" things that show he never actually bothered reading the thread before jumping in with more insults.

[quote name='David85']Well this whole topic is lame. Once I get back from class I think I'm gonig to post 10 different topics stating that games are their normal price, but there is freeshipping so it's a deal![/QUOTE]

If those games were impossible to find in the stores, yea, that would be a deal.

What part of this are you not understanding?

What's up with the 20GBs not getting any love? I read that it was a better "deal" when you consider how much it costs Sony to make it. I guess when people are spending $500 on a video game system they figure, "What's another $100?" I want a 60GB only because of the wireless capabilities, but I'm becoming more and more willing to settle for a 20GB.

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']I know this is off topic (like 80% of all the other posts here), but how do you add someone to your ignore list? I tried but couldn't figure it out. I've never had to ignore anyone but I just can't stand oasisboy anymore.

Also, what's up with the 20GBs not getting any love? I read that it was a better "deal" when you consider how much it costs Sony to make it. I guess when people are spending $500 on a video game system they figure, "What's another $100?" I want a 60GB only because of the wireless capabilities, but I'm becoming more and more willing to settle for a 20GB.[/quote]

I also would've gone with the 20GB version of the system if it included the wireless feature. In my home my television is too far away from my PC and router for me to "hard wire" my unit into the network. The HD size is not that big of a deal. From what I understand it's very easy to upgrade later.

FYI if you're still seeking a PS3 check BB right now. I saw several units sitting on the shelf this morning at one of the stores near me. I'm guessing most BB's probably got a shipment today.

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']What's up with the 20GBs not getting any love? I read that it was a better "deal" when you consider how much it costs Sony to make it. I guess when people are spending $500 on a video game system they figure, "What's another $100?" I want a 60GB only because of the wireless capabilities, but I'm becoming more and more willing to settle for a 20GB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wireless is probably the only reason to go for it if you want.

If you don't want wireless, than the 20GB model is a better deal probably.

You are NEVER too far away to hardwire ;) I have a 100' cable that works just fine :) Although, it takes some work to run the cable to hide it.

I voted for all of them....is that ok? haha...I don't even want one as I already have a PS3 and 360. I got the 60GB PS3 also...and I have it hard-wired. I basically said...why not, I had my choice of either one. I was going to use wireless, but it was too damn slow for some reason. It does have the readers in it also....and the chrome ;)

[quote name='doubledown']You are NEVER too far away to hardwire ;) I have a 100' cable that works just fine :) Although, it takes some work to run the cable to hide it.

I voted for all of them....is that ok? haha...I don't even want one as I already have a PS3 and 360. I got the 60GB PS3 also...and I have it hard-wired. I basically said...why not, I had my choice of either one. I was going to use wireless, but it was too damn slow for some reason. It does have the readers in it also....and the chrome ;)[/quote]

Only the first one you voted for will count.

You can change out the HDD in the PS3 so you're really only losing the Wifi on the 20GB model. I sold a couple PS3's on launch, what I don't understand is, not to sound like a troll, why do you guys want a PS3 right now? I've always been a Playstation fan but felt cheated when Sony released their high price points mainly due to them forcing you to buy the Blu-Ray drive trying to increase sales of players. Regardless of that, back to my original question, why do you guys want a PS3 right now? To me, Resistance is a good game but not a system seller. Other then that, what else is there? More and more exclusive are heading to either 360, Wii or both.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a need to get a PS3 right now. Unless you're looking to get a cheaper Blu Ray player compared to stand-alones.

[quote name='coolsteel']Wow having to vote for the chance to buy something from a store, will wonders never cease.[/QUOTE]

wonder if the FTC will ever care about scammy crap like ebaying "chances to buy something at full price"

[quote name='Import']Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a need to get a PS3 right now. Unless you're looking to get a cheaper Blu Ray player compared to stand-alones.[/QUOTE]

For me it's just because it'll probably be my main system. Might as well get it now.

There's actually a lot of launch games I want, but not until they hit $20. I won't pay more than $20-30 for most games.

[quote name='Wolfpup']For me it's just because it'll probably be my main system. Might as well get it now.

There's actually a lot of launch games I want, but not until they hit $20. I won't pay more than $20-30 for most games.[/QUOTE]

So you'll be waiting a year with no games and an idle PS3 collecting dust? You should really wait for possibly bug-fixed hardware if you were going to wait for game price drops before using it.

I guess I don't really need the PS3 right now. The games I really want right now (NBA 2k7, College Hoops 2k7, Fight Night Rd 3, Tiger Woods) are all out now for XBox360. But I didn't like Gears of War and I don't like Halo single player, even though I love it online. So I've made up my mind that the next-gen system I'm getting is a PS3, and I'd rather have it sooner than later.

The blu-ray is a gamble, I hope it wins this high-def movie battle. And I guess the fact that it's rare right now (except on eBay) kinda makes me want it a little bit more. But I have no problem waiting, with my Wii of course. I'm kinda hoping eBay prices plummet after Christmas and I can get a 60GB for under $600 shipped.

[quote name='scottman']So you'll be waiting a year with no games and an idle PS3 collecting dust? You should really wait for possibly bug-fixed hardware if you were going to wait for game price drops before using it.[/QUOTE]

I'd be using it daily, just mostly for PS2 stuff for a while, just like I did with my PS2 when I first got that. I'll probably pick up Oblivion though, and if I finish my backlog, I'll go back to Gamefly and be getting lots of games that way.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'd be using it daily, just mostly for PS2 stuff for a while, just like I did with my PS2 when I first got that. I'll probably pick up Oblivion though, and if I finish my backlog, I'll go back to Gamefly and be getting lots of games that way.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend getting a PS2 then....

Click

I'd hold out for a fix and wait for price drops.

[quote name='Import']You can change out the HDD in the PS3 so you're really only losing the Wifi on the 20GB model. I sold a couple PS3's on launch, what I don't understand is, not to sound like a troll, why do you guys want a PS3 right now? I've always been a Playstation fan but felt cheated when Sony released their high price points mainly due to them forcing you to buy the Blu-Ray drive trying to increase sales of players. Regardless of that, back to my original question, why do you guys want a PS3 right now? To me, Resistance is a good game but not a system seller. Other then that, what else is there? More and more exclusive are heading to either 360, Wii or both.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a need to get a PS3 right now. Unless you're looking to get a cheaper Blu Ray player compared to stand-alones.[/quote]

I've always been a Sony fan so I've wanted a PS3 since it was unveiled. My original plan was to camp at launch, cash in on the hype, sell a PS3 for double retail, and essentially get one for free when they became more plentiful. By the time I was able to track one down it was too late for that (couldn't start my camp early enough). I actually still have mine sealed in the box debating on whether to keep it or return it (I really want it but the Christmas bills will be coming due very quickly. Basically it's a cash flow thing). My reasons for keeping it now are:

#1) Backward compatibility with my PS1 and PS2 library (despite the graphic pitfalls mentioned above).
#2) I can sell my PS2 unit now while before the value really tanks
#3) My PS2 was my primary DVD player and I was planning on getting a Blu-Ray machine eventually anyways
#4) Although the lauch lineup isn't spectacular I can rent and have enough PS2 gaming to "get caught up" on to keep me busy for awhile.
#5) It comes with a Blu-Ray movie pack-in freebee. Not sure if that will always be the case or only in the 06' units.

[quote name='Chitown021']I've always been a Sony fan so I've wanted a PS3 since it was unveiled. My original plan was to camp at launch, cash in on the hype, sell a PS3 for double retail, and essentially get one for free when they became more plentiful. By the time I was able to track one down it was too late for that (couldn't start my camp early enough). I actually still have mine sealed in the box debating on whether to keep it or return it (I really want it but the Christmas bills will be coming due very quickly. Basically it's a cash flow thing). My reasons for keeping it now are:

#1) Backward compatibility with my PS1 and PS2 library (despite the graphic pitfalls mentioned above).
#2) I can sell my PS2 unit now while before the value really tanks
#3) My PS2 was my primary DVD player and I was planning on getting a Blu-Ray machine eventually anyways
#4) Although the lauch lineup isn't spectacular I can rent and have enough PS2 gaming to "get caught up" on to keep me busy for awhile.
#5) It comes with a Blu-Ray movie pack-in freebee. Not sure if that will always be the case or only in the 06' units.[/QUOTE]

So basically, you're keeping it because you need a ps2 and you want to sell yours before the price drops. You know they're probably not gonna drop the ps2 price anytime soon since its still so much cheaper than the ps3. If you wait now, you can pick a ps3 up from amazon later and save like $50 in taxes or possibly more if they start to have overstock deals like they did with the 360.

[quote name='pinoy530']So basically, you're keeping it because you need a ps2 and you want to sell yours before the price drops. You know they're probably not gonna drop the ps2 price anytime soon since its still so much cheaper than the ps3. If you wait now, you can pick a ps3 up from amazon later and save like $50 in taxes or possibly more if they start to have overstock deals like they did with the 360.[/quote]

New PS2's probably won't drop much but there will be a flood of second hand units hit the market now that the Wii/PS3 is out. I figure if I sell my PS2 now I can get better value for it then say in a few months and use that dough to help offset the cost of my PS3.

Well everyone I guess in a couple of hours well find out who the lucky folks are that get the opportunity to purchase the system of their choice. Good luck to all CAGers that entered!

If you need a 20 GB, get it off of ebay, the prices on that are literally near retail. I just seen a 20 GB for $500 shipped not recieve a bid, kinda crazy.

Good luck to those that want one, to play/use it.

I've gotten 'roids 3 times... oh and I just got a 60gb on ebay for cost... shwing! Now I just know I'm gonna get win the Amazon thing too and cry.

[quote name='deadpool253']got 3 Wii's on 3 different accounts, Oh Joy! gonna make some extra cash this christmas![/QUOTE]

Don't worry guys; it's sarcasm.

Congratulations! You have been assigned one of a limited number of claim codes that entitles you to purchase one Nintendo Wii through the Amazon Customers Vote promotion. This claim code should have been automatically redeemed to your account. You must make your purchase using the same account the claim code was issued to. Once you add the item to your cart using the "Add to Shopping Cart" button we'll show you during the ordering process -- not the button on the item's detail page -- and proceed to checkout, you will see the item on the Place Order page.

Remember that you can only purchase one console and you only have until 11:59 p.m. Pacific time today (Tuesday, December 19) to check out in order to purchase this item.

For your reference only, your claim code is:

[quote name='GenDV138']I got selected for a Wii, but I already got one from Sunday Morning and don't need another.[/quote]

What are going to do with it?

[quote name='Blade70']What are going to do with it?[/QUOTE]

Not going to buy it, I signed up since I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get one on Sunday. Guess someone will be able to get mine after my claim code expires.

[quote name='GenDV138']Not going to buy it, I signed up since I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get one on Sunday. Guess someone will be able to get mine after my claim code expires.[/quote]

Hope it me!:D

bread's done
Back