Amazon Warehouse Deals -- Penny Deals Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='karkyco']What'll you give for Madden 11 X360 :lol::lol::lol:?[/QUOTE]

A hearty chuckle, my good sir.

with the 40% best buy bump up im desided to dump

both my LA noir and dead space 2 for 86 bucks at best buy come tomorrow... and preorder Joker 2 or another game for 30 ending up with 56 left on a gift card

will leave me with

2 dragon age 2 what i will probally dump at least one on game trade site

my maddens were cancelled so i cant build my madden fort like i was hoping too.....

I will admit i ordered 100 maddens 50 for the ps3 and 50 for the 360... I was going to use them for my paper business... take 10 weeks of the paper and get a free Ps3 game ..... would of boosted up my business something nice since they were giving out 10 buck bonus for every start we would of got .... but since they got cancelled o well..

Still thinking of trying to find good cheap AWD games and buying up around 50 to try it but most of the games start way too high to risk the investment

so after trading those games in i will end up with

Fallout new vegas
and maybe a crysis (cant remember if its crysis or dead space 2 that fetches 20 at best buy)

so will end up with at least 2 games to keep + free game + 56 best buy credit + trade points

not bad for 7 cent purchase

will know more tomorrow cause when my 7 games come i will run to best buy and then Gamestop and if i have anything else might play them for awhile and then toss them here or back to amazon

Well my kz3 finally moved to Indianapolis IN. Suppose to be here on Thursday. I'm still shocked that amazon sent all of these out. I'm sure it would have been easy for them to just cancel and send an email explaining why.

For anyone who has already received Portal 2 for PS3, could you tell me if your copy came with the Steam code to redeem the Steam version? I ordered one myself along with some other games which should be here tomorrow but I am curious about that since that was the main reason I grabbed the PS3 copy of Portal 2.

[quote name='foreinter']Just off the topic, how do you guys post a picture on the forum? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Put your pic up on imageshack or Photobucket or where ever and then when typing a reply or a message on this thread click on the little icon above of what looks to be green hills and a sun setting to post the URL of your website image.

[quote name='Wompdevil']For anyone who has already received Portal 2 for PS3, could you tell me if your copy came with the Steam code to redeem the Steam version? I ordered one myself along with some other games which should be here tomorrow but I am curious about that since that was the main reason I grabbed the PS3 copy of Portal 2.[/QUOTE]
Isn't that going to be YMMV no matter how you cut it? Since the game is either going to be used or lightly damaged that it'll vary no matter what.

[quote name='bardockkun']Put your pic up on imageshack or Photobucket or where ever and then when typing a reply or a message on this thread click on the little icon above of what looks to be green hills and a sun setting to post the URL of your website image.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply.

[quote name='Wompdevil']For anyone who has already received Portal 2 for PS3, could you tell me if your copy came with the Steam code to redeem the Steam version? I ordered one myself along with some other games which should be here tomorrow but I am curious about that since that was the main reason I grabbed the PS3 copy of Portal 2.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one last week (not from the penny deal) and it does come with the PC code. But I believe it's YMMV.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I'm sure it would have been easy for them to just cancel and send an email explaining why.[/QUOTE]

And that's why Amazon is awesome.

[quote name='bardockkun']Isn't that going to be YMMV no matter how you cut it? Since the game is either going to be used or lightly damaged that it'll vary no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figured. Just keeping my fingers crossed. I'll find out tomorrow :) Can't really complain if it doesn't considering the circumstances

[quote name='poker360']I think if i tell you, i will be hated on cag for the rest of my life.[/QUOTE]
:lol:That sounds like me if I were honest about how many Black Ops Prestige bundles I got when Best Buy dropped them to $14.99 each.;) Let's just say....more than a few.

This has been a great sale and I only spent 89 cents :D

On a side note i have a friend who dropped 4 bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bredbu']This has been a great sale and I only spent 89 cents :D[/QUOTE]

Are you implying that you came away with 89 penny games? :drool: Also, im willing to trade my KZ3 game for Crysis 2 ps3. I already bought KZ3 from gamefly when they had it for $19.99.

[quote name='bredbu']On a side note i have a friend who dropped 4 bucks[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised there was enough copies to fill that demand.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Are you implying that you came away with 89 penny games? :drool: Also, im willing to trade my KZ3 game for Crysis 2 ps3. I already bought KZ3 from gamefly when they had it for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

What about for la noire or black ops ps3?

Did anyone roll their credit from the Gamestop B2G2 dollar game flips into this?? I wanna know if somebody made 1000x profit instead of 500x lmao

[quote name='WV Matsui']What about for la noire or black ops ps3?[/QUOTE]

I already have Black Ops and already owned/beat LA Noire. Really wanted crysis 2 :cry:

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I already have Black Ops and already owned/beat LA Noire. Really wanted crysis 2 :cry:[/QUOTE]

Damn :(

I have Brink Homefront and DS2 coming as well for 360

Why is it that I ended up getting 15 games shipped and I feel like I somehow didn't get in on the deal with all you saying how many you ordered. My philosophy is that if I ordered one of each maybe it wouldn't be cancelled.

That being said, I did get about 1 or 2 of pretty much all the named games that came up during the sale, except for Black Ops and Halo: Reach.

Finally, mine are starting to show up as having arrived in my home state. I'm starting to finally feel this deal may become a reality for me. I'd say it was the best deal ever, but I did get 8 touchpads 2 weeks ago after spending the whole weekend online.

So, any thoughts on why/how this deal actually happened?

Congratulations to all who got this crazy deal... i feel sad (and a lot jealous) for not being able to get some of this.

PD: I know this ain't a trading tread but i could trade a new origin account with crysis 2 and shift 2 unleashed for a penny LA noire and portal 2 for ps3 (if someone got numerous copies and have some to spare),if anyone wants to play crysis 2 and shift 2 on PC.

pm me if anyone is interested... if not congratulations for the deal for the year anyway

A surprising lack of brag pics on here. No hate... I'm confirmed jelly. Already beat all those games listed, but... a penny

wow, I kinda feel a little bad for Amazon, imagine the damage they must be going through by honoring some of these crazy purchases, they could have easily just cancelled everyone one of these deals, props to amazon and congrats to the lucky buyers, hopefully if you do get in your truckload of games you can find it in your heart to at least donate a few of these to charity or something, you know, after you flip a few dozen of them for some store credit :)

[quote name='bredbu']

On a side note i have a friend who dropped 4 bucks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:That sounds like me if I were honest about how many Black Ops Prestige bundles I got when Best Buy dropped them to $14.99 each.;) Let's just say....more than a few.[/QUOTE]

I feel inferior now, was in for $5+, only $1.26 in transit

[quote name='The Punisher']@ slowdive21- I wasnt talking about u. I was talking to the people that complain. I think the reason why people are hatin cause others had like xx amount of the same copy while some others 1 order was cancel. I look at it as, "hey, i missed a deal." Oh well. Good luck to the next person." Deals come and go and its not the end of the world. Maybe some CAG here can sell it cheaper here to help follow CAG out, but dont have to.

U right about the reason why some orders were canceled. Im just shocked that Amazon would let this pass. Most of the time they would cancel the order.[/QUOTE]

Oh I didn't think it was about me. I was just prefacing my statement to prevent other people form going "Stop Hatin"

I did get 1 game out of the deal. Madden 11 on Ps3. I am going to keep it and play it, since it is basically worthless!

lol.... I just can't help but laugh at the totals some of you guys ordered. I don't blame you one bit though, 1 cent..... Looks at bank account and splurges!!!!!!!!! I did miss out on Killzone 3, CoD:BO and Portal 2, it was pretty tough figuring out what was a penny. I had some more orders shipped today, there coming via FedEx this time around.

I remember a lot of people say that had just woke up from there power nap but I guess I got lucky because I woke up from mine and showed up to this.

Damn I missed out on all these deals. Good to see a lot of ya cashed in on this. I hope to next round if it's something I want haha.

Ordered 8 games, only one shipped (LA Noire PS3), but I feel like the happiest person. Amazon may have taken an economic loss here, but their customer satisfaction probably skyrocketed.

I ordered a couple 20 bucks copies and they came with it. I didnt try to redeem them though.

Although i appreciate amazon and all the great deals they have had, and the best customer service in an online retailer...

im betting this whole ordeal is probably less than 3-5k lost for them. Thats honestly, chump change for them.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Although i appreciate amazon and all the great deals they have had, and the best customer service in an online retailer...

im betting this whole ordeal is probably less than 3-5k lost for them. Thats honestly, chump change for them.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

My second shipment is out for delivery

And i've learned something about myself through this: I'm extremely greedy. I got tons of stuff, but i wish i had ordered even more. :(

[quote name='poker360']My second shipment is out for delivery

And i've learned something about myself through this: I'm extremely greedy. I got tons of stuff, but i wish i had ordered even more. :([/QUOTE]

Poker I feel the exact same way! It's a shame haha

I just wish I would have got the games I really wanted (KZ3 and Portal 2) but I can't complain about what all is on it's way to me!

[quote name='gomikeoh']Although i appreciate amazon and all the great deals they have had, and the best customer service in an online retailer...

im betting this whole ordeal is probably less than 3-5k lost for them. Thats honestly, chump change for them.[/QUOTE]

i say more then that ... say they paid a avg of 15 per game say at least 1000 made it out the door

that is 15k at least they lost . even if only 500 made it out the door that sstill 7500 bucks theylost

has to be more then 500 since some reported they got 50+ games

I think amazon did this before on penny games then honor the price.

I still remember the xbox 360 day after thanksgiving i think 2006 price mistake (think it was 06)

it was
system for 200 bucks
some dance pad for 60
and they took 60 off the total price so free dance pad

well the system took it as
System 200
Dance pad free (since it took the 60 off)
and the system took another 60 off for some reason given you the sytem for 140... nice thing is i was able to dump the dance pad for 50 and ended up with a new 360 for 100 bucks

i think amazon honors the prices cause they have too many people working for them and dont really know how kind of mistakes or on the site till its too late or its just better to honor them... Hope the people who got these insane deals will come back and spend more money with them.

im still sad my 100 maddens were cancelled ..my new kitten would of loved that fort ... and it would of pissed off my roommate :)

And i've learned something about myself through this: I'm extremely greedy. I got tons of stuff, but i wish i had ordered even more. :([/QUOTE]

Tons of stuff? LOL how much did you order??

Man, I've gotten in on some good deals thanks to this site, but you guys made out like BANDITS! Props to Poker especially for his haul. Kinda mad I missed this. This could have been early X-Mas presents taken care of.

[quote name='iamsobroke']If anybody is willing to part with a dragon age 2(360), bulletstorm(360) or killzone 3 I would be grateful since my orders cancelled[/QUOTE]

My orders for these were also cancelled. Also got cancellation for Homefront. Would be willing to trade Madden 11 for any of these.

My package is out for delivery today, can't wait! I didn't order too much, but am extremely excited to see a charge for $.06 for 6 games I actually want!

[quote name='cheeky']My orders for these were also cancelled. Also got cancellation for Homefront. Would be willing to trade Madden 11 for any of these.[/QUOTE]

I'll trade a homefront for a Killzone 3

Feel this as well. Was afraid of being to greedy and getting them canceled, and so was doing tons of single game orders. Got 5 canceled but still got 22 games. Then I read people got 50+... and think it could have been me when there are people that got nothing... And after typing this... I feel even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back