Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad, got the Codename Steam cards, a nice Pokemon Hoenn map, some Kirby pencils, and the QR Mii code+a 5$ coupon i can also use on Codename Steam

Got the Amiibo, want the bundle as well, but i DARE NOT tempt it.

What brave soul will try to add the bundle to an account that already has (1) Gold Mario on it?

Just got back from BB.  Not worth the trip...  About twelve 12 year olds standing around with their 3DS and the same douche Nintendo rep from the valley who is clueless (I was hoping he would be replaced).

He had some stupid looking Kirby handouts and that was all I saw.  It seems lately a team of scalpers have been clearing out the area and I am trying to infiltrate their group for intel, so I didn't stick around as I didn't want anyone to notice me with my half grown neckbeard.

Just got back from BB. Not worth the trip... About twelve 12 year olds standing around with their 3DS and the same douche Nintendo rep from the valley who is clueless (I was hoping he would be replaced).

He had some stupid looking Kirby handouts and that was all I saw. It seems lately a team of scalpers have been clearing out the area and I am trying to infiltrate their group for intel, so I didn't stick around as I didn't want anyone to notice me with my half grown neckbeard.
Bro, you are exposing yourself. Delete the post before you are discovered and they kidnap you and dunk you into a pool of molten hot Mountain Dew Game Fuel.

Bro, you are exposing yourself. Delete the post before you are discovered and they kidnap you and dunk you into a pool of molten hot Mountain Dew Game Fuel.
It's tough! Besides not shaving for a week I've also tried not bathing and eating mostly Slim Jim's & Doritos. I also quit my job... Posing as a scalper takes commitment, so much this experiment may even turn me into a true neckbeard!

Showed up to my closest BB 3 days in a row looking for Lil Mac. Yesterday morning at 10 AM told no Lil Mac try back Tuesday. Just called looking for Skull Kid and informed Lil Mac came in yesterday at 4 and 12 sold out soon afterwards. That is bs.

Showed up to my closest BB 3 days in a row looking for Lil Mac. Yesterday morning at 10 AM told no Lil Mac try back Tuesday. Just called looking for Skull Kid and informed Lil Mac came in yesterday at 4 and 12 sold out soon afterwards. That is bs.
Lol yea there are tons of stories on reddit regarding employees lying and buying them up themselves.

Lol yea there are tons of stories on reddit regarding employees lying and buying them up themselves.
Pretty much same story from the Meta Knight debacle. Shady! :shame:

Like my local store said, the night before release date, "We got 20 Meta Knights and 7 are for pre-orders. So, we have 13 for walkins tomorrow." Come Friday morning, they had ONE for the 38 people that lined up for several hours.

Manager refused to go out and provide any explanation, so I wrote a letter to corporate recounting in detail of the event and gave the employee names and manager's name. If I don't get a reply back, I am filing a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau for shady practice.

My Ike pre-order was the only one that BB got in, and so I went in Thur to tell them I was traveling Friday and would come in Tues to get it. I tried to get them to put it aside or put my name on it since I've "lost" pre-orders before. They refused and 3 different people told me not to worry about it. So of course it got sold. I got corporate involved and they supposedly have one in transit from a Mich. store, but no investigation or explanation... or compensation. As soon as I have it in my hands I will escalate a bit more because I told corporate when on the phone trying to find me one that they have to do something because this happens way too much to many people (incl. the internet), and it will continue as long as there are no consequences.

Scored a Mega Man at my local Toys R Us today. There was one left after me. They also had a ton of Sonic figures plus the usual lot like Zelda, Shiek, Pikachu, etc. If anyone is interested, though I am sure the other Mega Man is long gone, it is the Yonkers, NY store.

Like my local store said, the night before release date, "We got 20 Meta Knights and 7 are for pre-orders. So, we have 13 for walkins tomorrow." Come Friday morning, they had ONE for the 38 people that lined up for several hours.

Manager refused to go out and provide any explanation, so I wrote a letter to corporate recounting in detail of the event and gave the employee names and manager's name. If I don't get a reply back, I am filing a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau for shady practice.
FYI - the BBB doesn't count for shit. Companies actually have to pay them to be listed or something along those lines... don't care enough to research it again, but I read a bunch of stuff a while ago and it's basically a sham.

Call corporate if you don't get a response to your letter (email?) and talk to someone - it seems to do other people some good... maybe you can get a BB gift card out of it.

Scored a Mega Man at my local Toys R Us today. There was one left after me. They also had a ton of Sonic figures plus the usual lot like Zelda, Shiek, Pikachu, etc. If anyone is interested, though I am sure the other Mega Man is long gone, it is the Yonkers, NY store.
Yeah they are appearing everywhere now. My TRU had 15 MM and 8 Sonic yesterday. Ive even seen MM and Sonic in Walmart...seems like theyre finally catching up somewhat.

FYI - the BBB doesn't count for shit. Companies actually have to pay them to be listed or something along those lines... don't care enough to research it again, but I read a bunch of stuff a while ago and it's basically a sham.

Call corporate if you don't get a response to your letter (email?) and talk to someone - it seems to do other people some good... maybe you can get a BB gift card out of it.
You are right for the most part on BBB. However, some companies actually take complaints seriously. I got screwed out of one of the get $10 back promotion and customer service wouldn't help. Then I went on the BBB's website to fill out a complaint. About 8 months later I get a response saying while Sony does not admit fault, here's the amount you requested. I was shocked as I wasn't expecting a response at all.

So you're going to complain to the BBB because an employee gave you insider information (which he could get fired for doing so) that wasn't correct?

b9bbb1c7d54c679252c5a278ee3d6840ecc00650606261e0a4fab093855c9bd5.jpg

The Mega Man & Sonic Amiibo that were at my TRU on Wednesday (I was able to get one of each) were all gone today. I did see two Shiek, those were not there on Wednesday. The only new ones i'm seeing consistently in the Buffalo area are Toon Link & Bowser.

Here is everything that they had to give out at the amiibo event at my Best Buy today. The Pokemon poster was the only thing that was really limited with there only being four available but from what I heard it was a preorder bonus from when the game came out.
ulPMJmy.jpg

Lmao bestbuy don't give a fuck about a grown man looking for toys

You are right for the most part on BBB. However, some companies actually take complaints seriously. I got screwed out of one of the get $10 back promotion and customer service wouldn't help. Then I went on the BBB's website to fill out a complaint. About 8 months later I get a response saying while Sony does not admit fault, here's the amount you requested. I was shocked as I wasn't expecting a response at all.
This. Had an order at BB go totally FUBAR. Ordered instore with 2 day shipping, was susposed to arrive that following Monday, and something fucked up in the warehouse so my delivery got pushed back by a month for no reason. (Item was instock the whole time)

BB couldnt cancel because it was marked as shipped, yet they knew it was sitting in the warehouse. Contacted the BBB, barely 5 days later I got 2 responses. One from BB saying that my item had shipped, and one from the BBB saying I was being totally reinbursed for the cost.

Lmao bestbuy don't give a fuck about a grown man looking for toys
Yeah, I agree. I would think that most employees talking to an adult asking about Amiibos would envision some neck-beard pedo scalper. I am not sure they would be straight with you. You may want to try:

"My kid wants one of the Big(?) Mac... Ameoba... Amiibo things his mom has been buying him. Does that sound right? He had one pre-ordered at Best Buy X, but when we went in, they had already sold it to someone else. He told me that he saw that some Best Buys were getting more on <SD, CAG, Reddit, etc>. So, I am calling around for him. Do you know anything about these?"

I am not saying it will work, but sounding like a typical parent may go a bit further than some creepy old guy on the phone. Just a thought...

Lol.. Wanted to buy them all up yourself, right. Boo Hoo.. Get over it.

Wow, wish they were giving away the Mask at my store but guess we got the Majora's Mask poster in place of it.
The Nintendo rep at my event was very nice, she just asked for some fun pics of us wearing the masks and she give them to us. It seems like everyone had different stuff. I saw Mario Kart merch in some pics on reddit.

I'm most happy with the lanyard (I only saw 3-4. I got there around 1:45pm, Pokemon Art Academy sketch book was scarce too) and the Amiibo stickers (2nd pic on the right) they're for the base of the Amiibo to tell them apart if your playing with other people using the same character.

For those wondering about the event, they took place at select Best Buy's from 1-4pm local time.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/IDhTUqFI2NqZpI-1R9nydgtUBRtW3BiS

What was happening at BBY where they're giving away all that shit?

Unless your Meijers are like mine... and suck.
All it was was a in-store demo of how amiibos work with the new 3DS that was held at a handful of Best Buys not much else. They did hand out a few things that seem to vary from what store you went to. Think most ppl only showed up to see if the Nintendo rep would bring some rare amiibos. The rep that came to my store brought only a bunch of Sheiks and nothing else for some reason X_X.

The Nintendo rep at my event was very nice, she just asked for some fun pics of us wearing the masks and she give them to us. It seems like everyone had different stuff. I saw Mario Kart merch in some pics on reddit.

I'm most happy with the lanyard (I only saw 3-4. I got there around 1:45pm, Pokemon Art Academy sketch book was scarce too) and the Amiibo stickers (2nd pic on the right) they're for the base of the Amiibo to tell them apart if your playing with other people using the same character.

For those wondering about the event, they took place at select Best Buy's from 1-4pm local time.

Ah, thanks. Figures, none of the BBY near me did it... not like it matters, I wouldn't have been able to go anyway.

Yeah, they took pictures of us too but with the Pokemon posters. I was kinda disappointed in what my store got but I guess it is better than some of the stuff I've seen. Just noticed the lanyard after you mentioned it lol really wish that was available at my store instead of all the pieces of paper we were given XD. Would of made the 30 minute drive worth it.

Yeah no stores near Philly it seems (deptford and plymouth meeting being closest)
Still wish I could have got more free swag.
I need to find 3 or 4 more of those ssb promo booklets so I can use the images to line the back of my amiibo case.
I only found 1 booklet and it's all bent up and shitty.

Returned my spare Mega Man to Best Buy today and found that lots of the stores in my area have him now. There were four at Gamestop about eight at Toys R Us and one at Best Buy before I returned mine.

Yeah, I agree. I would think that most employees talking to an adult asking about Amiibos would envision some neck-beard pedo scalper. I am not sure they would be straight with you. You may want to try:

"My kid wants one of the Big(?) Mac... Ameoba... Amiibo things his mom has been buying him. Does that sound right? He had one pre-ordered at Best Buy X, but when we went in, they had already sold it to someone else. He told me that he saw that some Best Buys were getting more on <SD, CAG, Reddit, etc>. So, I am calling around for him. Do you know anything about these?"

I am not saying it will work, but sounding like a typical parent may go a bit further than some creepy old guy on the phone. Just a thought...
A dumb thought.

Holy crap, I'm just catching up. Did all best buys have this event going on?! I went to mine twice today and nothing of the sort was happening.

I want free Nintendo swag :(

Went 2 hours late to work cause of that long ass line.

Finally getting home. They ran out of Rosalina sadly. I was able to get all the other ones tho. I now have 2 King Dededes and 3 Ikes. Don't need them tbh. Hmu if you any good offers for me.

Did Meijer get more? I bought the last Ike and king ddd at mine a couple weeks ago
I picked up a King DDD, Sonic and Megaman at the Charlotte, MI Meijer earlier today. There were a couple more of them left on the shelf.

(Not Amiibo related, but they also had a Hot Wheels Snoopy and The Homer.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back