Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
*accompanied by a parent or someone of legal age.

Seeing as a "kid" can't buy it without an I.D. Even for something that doesn't have an age restriction, majority of the time you'd (a kid) would still have an adult with them at a midnight launch to either have them pay for it or drive them.
I thought most employees don't even care about the ESRB rating anymore and just sell to anyone

Reading it it seems like I just added 4 to the 73 metacrtic but i didnt lol. I added up all the other scores, and took out the 40 rating and divided it by the number of reviews and it just happened to come out to 77.
interesting. still pretty sure metacredic uses weighted average though. so scores from ign, the main "blog" sites, etc are worth more than some random ass review someone posts on an independent "game journalist" site.

Is it illegal to sell or rent M (Mature) or AO (Adults Only) rated games to customers under 17 and 18 years of age respectively?

A ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2011 (Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association/Entertainment Software Association) found that video games are a constitutionally-protected form of expression, and that laws restricting their sale or rental based upon violent content are unconstitutional. That said, ESRB supports retailers' voluntary policies restricting the sale or rental of M (Mature) and AO (Adults Only) computer and video games in the United States and Canada to customers who are at least 17 and 18 years of age, respectively (unless permission from a parent has been obtained). Through efforts such as the ESRB Retail Council (ERC) and a strong commitment on the part of major video game retailers, retail stores have vastly improved the rate at which they comply with their store policies, as measured both by the ERC mystery shopper audits as well as audits conducted by the FTC. More information on federal, state and local regulations in the U.S. is available through the websites of the Entertainment Merchants Association (EMA) and Entertainment Software Association (ESA). In Canada, you may contact the Entertainment Software Association of Canada (ESA Canada) or the Retail Council of Canada (RCC).

I stand corrected, it is not illegal anymore, but all major stores do have their own rules and regulations that prohibit the sale of M rated games to those under 17. Walmart, Gamestop, Target, etc. will ask for an I.D. in order to sell those games.

Seeing as it's illegal... and at Walmart (well anywhere) you can't even check out with M rated games or beer without an I.D. check.

basbrian is correct that it is NOT illegal, but I think that ThatOneGuyWho is correct in saying that most places require an ID to purchase M-rated games (which he reiterated in another reply)

I would say that most places do care, and have put fail safes in to ensure that something doesn't slip though even if an individual store clerk doesn't.

The last times I bought M rated games (at Target, WalMart, and Gamestop) they had to scan/swipe my ID in order for the sale to go through, so some stores take it seriously, but Kmart (that still sells M rated games) only need birth dates or dont ask at all

Was wondering about this today actually. Predict it will be another Walmart exclusive later on or available at all stores eventually. Can't see it being exclusive anywhere else.
Maybe the silver ones are gonna be a consolation prize for all the people who don't get a gold one.

Not to get too often topic. There is a liquor store across the street from my school that I go to sometimes. They sell only hard liquor in the store too. I have never been carded (I'm of age though) and am always greeted nicely.  

So are there any plans to use Sonic or Mega Man in other games? I really can't be collecting these things but I saw a few of both at my local Best Buy and would consider it if I could rationalize it. They're pretty cool little figurines but after Infinity and Skylanders I gotta tap out of this racket.

The first game I got carded for was "State of Emergency" for PS2 at Best Buy, would have been better if I didn't have my ID so I wouldn't have paid full price for it on launch day -_-

Back to Amiibo talk, anyone know if TRU will be doing card in store pre orders again for wave 4 or have they for the SMB line?

The first game I got carded for was "State of Emergency" for PS2 at Best Buy, would have been better if I didn't have my ID so I wouldn't have paid full price for it on launch day -_-

Back to Amiibo talk, anyone know if TRU will be doing card in store pre orders again for wave 4 or have they for the SMB line?
Didn't do the SMB ones. I really doubt they'll do card preorders anymore. All of the issues, it's just easier to have people murder each other over plastic.

I cannot wait to take this day off.

[attachment=12969:20150308_190232.jpg]

Please don't get me fired.

Edit: TRU info...

MORE than 24 hours?? That's incredibly impressive.
What I was trying to say is that they were having 24 hours shopping days for at least a week but it could be more than a week. Like two to three weeks of 24 hours consecutive shopping days.

the only one besides Toad that I considered was Luigi simply because his pose is better. And considering hes the only one still available for preorder on Best Buy i dont think i'll have trouble finding him if i decide i want him later.

Am I the only one who loved the code name steam demo? I played through it 3 times.
Can't wait to get the full game. The pin only made me order from gamestop and sadly I'll miss gcu on it.

I think if anyone stands outside a store for any new Amiibo character besides gold Mario on 3/20 they are an idiot.

Go preorder it. It's been available for like weeks on end and still is at GameStop and Walmart.

My collection is growing but slowly. Trying to buy just 1-2 a week, or more if I find a rare one in store. Sucks having only a part time job at the moment. Even though I think these are cool I wouldn't like paying much more than MSRP so i'm not going to buy anything really rare like Rosalina. Really hoping to find cheap some at yard sales this year.

My collection is growing but slowly. Trying to buy just 1-2 a week, or more if I find a rare one in store. Sucks having only a part time job at the moment. Even though I think these are cool I wouldn't like paying much more than MSRP. Really hoping to find cheap some at yard sales this year.
Try doing this with a full time job.;)

What about him? I really don't see how it's worth all the high blood pressure, getting up hours early, waiting in the cold... For $10 savings.
Toad has sold out fairly quickly everywhere he's been up... granted, nowhere near as quick as Gold Mario, but then again Toad isn't a store exclusive. It's still hard to say what the aftermarket price is gonna be for Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back