Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the plan. As I wrote earlier I got to TRU at 8 am, there were already 35 people in line for a store that had 20 pre-order cards. So I'm pretty fucked. At this point I guess it's camp out overnight for the ones I want.

So when the 29th hits, a day which I've already requested off because of the Jiggly fiasco, I'm going to scope out the local 24 hour Wal-Mart a few days before and see if they will have any inventory/Silver Marios. Get there around 8PM and wait for midnight to get Mario if he's there, and maybe a Robin and/or Lucina if they have any. After that go directly to Target and wait overnight. I'll have a list of three in the area, all bunched up pretty close, and if the first choice has someone there already I'll go to the next one. Obviously a day or so before I will confirm that they have Jiggly, Robin, and Lucina. Now theoretically this Gamestop bundle is going through, so that should put me up one Robin and Lucina, though I already promised my friend a spare Robin if I can manage one, so really Lucy is the only extra. Right after Target I will go to the closest TRU (about 40 minutes away) and have a sign ready and made up. Will plant a chair in front of the line so everyone can see the sign, which will read "Have: Captain Falcon, Lucina, and Pit. Want: Greninja." If anyone bites (assuming there will be people picking up a second or a pre-order of a second since that shit happened with Lucario then I'll be good. If not I guess I'll hit ebay and pay whatever the fucking Greninja price is.

I don't know if this is old new or not, but Play-Asia just shipped all of Wave 4 that I preordered from them.

Wario

Robin

Lucina

Charizard

Ness 

Pacman.

jeez, $70 for all three shipped priority, whatevs, i'm in

ty

I don't know if this is old new or not, but Play-Asia just shipped all of Wave 4 that I preordered from them.

Wario

Robin

Lucina

Charizard

Ness

Pacman.
checked my order, didnt realize mine were from a reprint due july 2015, oh well at least I got them

Wario

Robin

Lucina

Charizard

Ness

Pacman.
Did you pre-order early on? I think I was at least a few days (if not a week or two) late to the party, and mine are still in "pre-order" status.

I'm trying to stay vigilant so that I can grab Robin and Lucina once Amazon starts taking orders, but I'm a little burned out right now. I think it was because I cared so much for a while that it took the enthusiasm out of me. Any one else feel the same way?

I missed Greninja at TRU and will never skip work to line up for a figure, and I will never buy an Amiibo for more than retail, so he's out. I have a preorder secured for the rest of the wave other than Lucina (but my Robin is at Fry's and I don't trust it since they never shipped any Ike or Dedede last wave). I'm sure once it's time to start hitting F5 for Olimar, Zero Suit Samus and Dr. Mario that I will be back in the game, but right now I'm just kind of bored with it.

I'm trying to stay vigilant so that I can grab Robin and Lucina once Amazon starts taking orders, but I'm a little burned out right now. I think it was because I cared so much for a while that it took the enthusiasm out of me. Any one else feel the same way?
Yes! Part of the problem is that there's been such a long time span between this SMB wave and the last one. A lot of us keep up hopes that we will find Amiibos in stores, so having hopes dashed by such short pre-order windows and then not being able to try out luck in stores makes the wait worse. Waiting for Amazon is icing on the cake. And we've still got a month to go.

I missed Greninja at TRU and will never skip work to line up for a figure, and I will never buy an Amiibo for more than retail, so he's out. I

right now I'm just kind of bored with it.
Well you need to define retail. Greninja preorders were $21 each shipped, which is definitely above walk-in store retail, but you'll never see them on the shelves anyways. At the same time, if someone wanted to sell theirs for what it cost them plus shipping it'll run into the $25+ area. And that's a best case scenario. If you didn't really want it though, no big loss and nothing to complain about, but those prices are justified and a steal considering rarity.

It's really not 'hunting' at all anymore, period. It's unrealistic insomnia and camping out in front of stores. No surprise at all casual collectors are bored with this crap.

In Store Pre-Orders are being cancelled now? That is insane and absolutely sad / terrifying.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/593051742029381632

I remember AmiiboNews reporting that he wouldn't get a Greninja and then another tweet saying that the manager had found more somehow and that he would get one, so I'm sure it's related to that.

SMH we shouldn't even be surprised i mean honestly ToyRUs has already proven themselves incompetent after how they handled Lucario , and they have definitely reiterated this notion with the greninja situation.

Add TRU to the list of retailers that should be barred from maintaining any exclusives ,not to say that the competition was better but they  at least held their in better regard.For instance GameStop , Nintendo World and BestBuy  maintained a great amount of their instore pre orders and Walmart was reliable online.

TRU is neither reliable online nor instore , this was especially noticeable after the mass lucario cancellation , they angered more than they pleased with the 3 a.m. pre order window and now they have outdone themselves by proving that they cant even handle in store allotments , mind you this was something that was planned weeks in advance and not out in the blue. Stock issues is something i wont pin the blame on TRU but when they cant even handle correct distribution of what little they have of their own product it shows how out of touch they really are with the current market.

Like I said yesterday, this crap has gotten out of hand. Each wave is getting worse and worse. Wave 2 was tough, wave 3 was brutal, wave 4 has been a nightmare from jump street. Gamestop was mess, Best Buy was just about impossible to get in on, TRU was up at 3 am with no further opportunities and there haven't been Target or Amazon pre-orders yet.

Honestly, I'd wish Nintendo would stop releasing series for a few months and catch up some of the unmet demand.

Should I be worried that they never asked for my Email when I pre-ordered my Greninja?
In a worst case scenario, they could silently cancel your order without telling you a thing.Although don't they ask for your telephone number when you preorder in store so that ,in the event something were to occur they can at least notify you through that method?

In a worst case scenario, they could silently cancel your order without telling you a thing.Although don't they ask for your telephone number when you preorder in store so that ,in the event something were to occur they can at least notify you through that method?
They did nothing of the sort. They honestly just took the tickets scanned them and I paid and then left. I was first in line at my store and the guy behind me they did the same thing. I mean I am going there on release day to pick it up when they open though, so hopefully I do not have any complications. I might call them up and see what they say.

Like I said yesterday, this crap has gotten out of hand. Each wave is getting worse and worse. Wave 2 was tough, wave 3 was brutal, wave 4 has been a nightmare from jump street. Gamestop was mess, Best Buy was just about impossible to get in on, TRU was up at 3 am with no further opportunities and there haven't been Target or Amazon pre-orders yet.

Honestly, I'd wish Nintendo would stop releasing series for a few months and catch up some of the unmet demand.
I stand by the fact that Wave 3 was really not that difficult. Every figure was up for preorder for at least a few weeks - with the exception of Rosalina. I'm sure it was brutal if you missed pre-orders, but seriously - pre-orders were easy to get.

Wave 4 is the only one that has been truly difficult as it's barely been possible to get a pre-order in.

Yes! Part of the problem is that there's been such a long time span between this SMB wave and the last one. A lot of us keep up hopes that we will find Amiibos in stores, so having hopes dashed by such short pre-order windows and then not being able to try out luck in stores makes the wait worse. Waiting for Amazon is icing on the cake. And we've still got a month to go.
I'm just wondering why Europe is getting all of wave 4 more than a full month before the US.

Another thing to consider is that there should be a large number of Greninjas available for sale at some point.

Unless TRU.com was allowing individuals to buy dozens of them,  they have only sold 10-20 per TRU brick and mortar store.  Think about Rosalina at Target, Gold Mario at Walmart, etc.   Target had 20+ Rosalina at most stores.  Walmart had at least 8 Gold Mario and subsequent shipments of more.  There are probably 5-8 times as many Targets and Walmarts as TRU locations. 

Remember, each store received 30-36 Lucarios even if most of them were set aside for pre-orders. There is no way that TRU could have gone through their entire Greninja allotment already unless substantially less of them were made compared to other exclusives.   Greninja should become available again sometime in the next couple of weeks.  

They did nothing of the sort. They honestly just took the tickets scanned them and I paid and then left. I was first in line at my store and the guy behind me they did the same thing. I mean I am going there on release day to pick it up when they open though, so hopefully I do not have any complications. I might call them up and see what they say.
I preordered Lucario from the Beavercreek store. I didn't pick it up until after work (around 6-630) and they had all preorders in the back. They said there were maybe 40 people lined up for Lucario and only three non-preorders available.

Another thing to consider is that there should be a large number of Greninjas available for sale at some point.

Unless TRU.com was allowing individuals to buy dozens of them, they have only sold 10-20 per TRU brick and mortar store. Think about Rosalina at Target, Gold Mario at Walmart, etc. Target had 20+ Rosalina at most stores. Walmart had at least 8 Gold Mario and subsequent shipments of more. There are probably 5-8 times as many Targets and Walmarts as TRU locations.

Remember, each store received 30-36 Lucarios even if most of them were set aside for pre-orders. There is no way that TRU could have gone through their entire Greninja allotment already unless substantially less of them were made compared to other exclusives. Greninja should become available again sometime in the next couple of weeks.
I'm going to like this because I want you to be right.

In Store Pre-Orders are being cancelled now? That is insane and absolutely sad / terrifying.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/593051742029381632
I'm normally not one to wish ill will or be butthurt, but I sincerely hope the kid who laughed at me for being 11th in line yesterday gets one of these emails.

To be fair, I guess I didn't want it that badly since I only arrived 3 hours before the store opened.

I can't check for games in store.

Also, amazon.co.jp just charged me for my amiibo order. Hopefully they are all sent to Tenso in one box.
getting worried about that also, never tried tenso, pretty expensive for a first try, hope i dont get screwed

I'm going to like this because I want you to be right.
I'd be very surprised. Throwing out GM because he was an NA exclusive which explains his fairly abundant availability at a massive amount of locations. I'm not sure how Rosie's preorders went but I hear she was available for weeks certainly due to the lack of exponentially larger hype that exists now (and less people buying multiple multiples). Even after Greninja was available at arguably the lowest internet activity hour of the day, he went pretty dam quick in comparison (30 sum minutes).

That combined with TRU claiming they're supposedly reserving alotment for release day availability, I'd say best case scenario there might be a few available on release day for the determined few who camp for hours. There's just too much artificial demand at this point. Get your alt trades ready.

If you didn't get a preorder in your best bet will be the few on 5-29 or 6-5 when all the preorders are supposed to be cancelled. That's if your store doesn't hold them for a few extra days or employees don't gobble them up.

I have reached this point of resignation with amiibos where I have to not care anymore or I just feel so sad. I have everything preordered except for greninja and jigglypuff, and the odds of me actually getting them are very slim at this point.

And it isn't like finding those two means this is over. Nintendo will announce the next wave and this all starts again. It's...it's like running a race you can never win.

I think I have officially lost all interest in Amiibo due to the absurdity of these pre-orders. I only buy the figures I truly want as a fan and unfortunately a large majority of those happen to be the ultra rare or retail exclusive figures that require a ton of work and effort to get months prior to being released. I want Ness probably more than any Amiibo, but couldn't pre-order due to the window being so small and being at work the day they were up for pre-order. I also want Meta Knight, which is a similar situation. I will never pay more than retail for one of these and hate that Nintendo short ships so many of these figures that people actually want to buy, but then they ship tons of characters like Mario, Bowser, and Lugi.  It should be clear by now that the core audience for Amiibos are hardcore gamers and scalpers. By shipping more of the figures people actually want it will devalue and screw over these damn scalpers and then maybe I can easily get a hold of Ness, Meta Knight, and Shulk for retail price! I personally don't care about the rarity of these figures and have no plans to sell the ones I have, which Little Mac is probably the only truly rare figure I have right now. 

I'd be very surprised. Throwing out GM because he was an NA exclusive which explains his fairly abundant availability at a massive amount of locations. I'm not sure how Rosie's preorders went but I hear she was available for weeks certainly due to the lack of exponentially larger hype that exists now (and less people buying multiple multiples). Even after Greninja was available at arguably the lowest internet activity hour of the day, he went pretty dam quick in comparison (30 sum minutes).

That combined with TRU claiming they're supposedly reserving alotment for release day availability, I'd say best case scenario there might be a few available on release day for the determined few who camp for hours. There's just too much artificial demand at this point. Get your alt trades ready.
Before release rosalina was only up for a few minutes maybe 3 or 4 time at odd over night hours. They didnt take a lot of online orders which is why the stores had so many.

I think I have officially lost all interest in Amiibo due to the absurdity of these pre-orders. I only buy the figures I truly want as a fan and unfortunately a large majority of those happen to be the ultra rare or retail exclusive figures that require a ton of work and effort to get months prior to being released. I want Ness probably more than any Amiibo, but couldn't pre-order due to the window being so small and being at work the day they were up for pre-order. I also want Meta Knight, which is a similar situation. I will never pay more than retail for one of these and hate that Nintendo short ships so many of these figures that people actually want to buy, but then they ship tons of characters like Mario, Bowser, and Lugi. It should be clear by now that the core audience for Amiibos are hardcore gamers and scalpers. By shipping more of the figures people actually want it will devalue and screw over these damn scalpers and then maybe I can easily get a hold of Ness, Meta Knight, and Shulk for retail price! I personally don't care about the rarity of these figures and have no plans to sell the ones I have, which Little Mac is probably the only truly rare figure I have right now.
i'm starting to lose interest too. Before preorders were up for days, at least hours, not just a few minutes. And it's mostly scalpers, and because they are getting more difficult to get, more scalpers come along and grab most of them. Oh well.

Pretty sure popularity is going to tank (into Skylanders and Disney Infinity territory) and sales for new amiibos will shit the bed once they finish with the SSB series. 

i'm starting to lose interest too. Before preorders were up for days, at least hours, not just a few minutes. And it's mostly scalpers, and because they are getting more difficult to get, more scalpers come along and grab most of them. Oh well.
I haven't lost interest, but I'm not playing the pre-order game anymore.

If I see an Amiibo I want on a store shelf, I'll buy it.

Otherwise, if I don't just "happen" to come across it, it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. I'm not paying above MSRP and I'm not driving to multiple stores checking inventory to get a figure.

I haven't lost interest, but I'm not playing the pre-order game anymore.

If I see an Amiibo I want on a store shelf, I'll buy it.

Otherwise, if I don't just "happen" to come across it, it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. I'm not paying above MSRP and I'm not driving to multiple stores checking inventory to get a figure.
This is exactly how I Amiibo. Unfortunately I rarely see any that I want in stores, but managed to snag a Mega Man which is what I wanted the most. I had pre-ordered Little Mac prior to wave 1 coming out knowing I'd want him and managed to pre-order Pac-Man as well, but I don't go out of my way or wait in line for these. I just don't have the time in my busy life to wait for these things or go out of my way to search for the ones I want. Nintendo has really lost my interest with this though, not to mention the debacle that was the Majora's Mask N3DS system, which I have now seen numerous times in the wild, but have already picked up my black system pre-order with the $50 off I got for my BBY order being canceled, this kind of stuff is incredibly frustrating and annoying as a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back