Anarchy Reigns $29.99 (PS3/360)

GoHastings does too. But the big dogs - Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart - still have it for $60. I'm not sure it's the new MSRP.

Out of all the aforementioned retailers, which is the most likely to honor the lower price?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ordered a copy for PS3, why the hell not, especially if Bayonetta is supposed to be a pre-order bonus.

Are GameStop pre-orders fairly easy to cancel, I haven't pre-ordered from them since Wind Waker.[/QUOTE]

yea, you can cancel your online order on the site easily.

btw guys, thanks for the tips about it being possibly a MSRP. hope Amazon matches.

[quote name='whitereflection']GoHastings does too. But the big dogs - Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart - still have it for $60. I'm not sure it's the new MSRP.

Out of all the aforementioned retailers, which is the most likely to honor the lower price?[/QUOTE]

Buy.com is most likely to cancel if its a mistake. Maybe gamestop as well.

I'm not sure about J&R and Family Video. I think J&R has high shipping charges.

[quote name='Japakneez']With that said, interested should send amazon a price match request. If AMZ drops it then that will be the most likely success[/QUOTE]

Price match sent. Everyone else should do the same.

How do you cancel a GS in-store pickup order? The order confirmation email seems to indicate that the store will actually charge you at the time of pickup, and if you don't pick up within 48 hours of store arrival (of item), they will charge a $5 fee. So you can't just ignore the pickup if you decide you don't want it (if the $30 price is the new MSRP).

[quote name='eau']How do you cancel a GS in-store pickup order? The order confirmation email seems to indicate that the store will actually charge you at the time of pickup, and if you don't pick up within 48 hours of store arrival (of item), they will charge a $5 fee. So you can't just ignore the pickup if you decide you don't want it (if the $30 price is the new MSRP).[/QUOTE]

You will know the actual msrp long before this game comes out. It's not like they are going to announce the price the day before it arrives. Seeing how you could cancel said order the day before...I don't see the problem.

[quote name='Adilink']How do you send a price match request to Amazon?[/QUOTE]

There's a link titled "tell us about a lower price" under Product Details.

[quote name='Cocojames333']You will know the actual msrp long before this game comes out. It's not like they are going to announce the price the day before it arrives. Seeing how you could cancel said order the day before...I don't see the problem.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm canceling it now. Seeing that you pay the store price at the time of pickup means you don't get to lock in the $30 price should it goes up later.

[quote name='eau']How do you cancel a GS in-store pickup order? The order confirmation email seems to indicate that the store will actually charge you at the time of pickup, and if you don't pick up within 48 hours of store arrival (of item), they will charge a $5 fee. So you can't just ignore the pickup if you decide you don't want it (if the $30 price is the new MSRP).[/QUOTE]
this. I don't see a button to cancel the in-store pickup order.

[quote name='TooPoor']this. I don't see a button to cancel the in-store pickup order.[/QUOTE]

It says you have to call your local store to make changes to your store pick-up pre-order, but that it may not even be in their system until the next day.

To make changes to your in-store pickup order contact your local store at (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Your order will not be available in the store''s system until the following day. Any changes made to your order will be reflected in the store''s system and will NOT be reflected on the site.

The above should be in your email confirmation.

[quote name='eau']Yeah, I'm canceling it now. Seeing that you pay the store price at the time of pickup means you don't get to lock in the $30 price should it goes up later.[/QUOTE]
I think you do have a lock since the page already displays $29.99. If you print this page and keep as a record, you can do the BBB complaint, I have always had success with BBB.

[quote name='Japakneez']If this is a mistake then Buy.com will undoubtedly cancel orders....but they will take their sweet time in doing so[/QUOTE]

This^ I'm going to cancel my GS preorder. They cancelled my order when the PS3 DualShock were $19.99 (price mistake).

[quote name='barrit']It says you have to call your local store to make changes to your store pick-up pre-order, but that it may not even be in their system until the next day.[/QUOTE]

Oh boy. The impatient are paying the price. Literally and figurative.

[quote name='whoknows']Pretty much. The store price is what you pay when you pick it up, so if the stores have it for $59.99 at release that's what you'll be paying.

If anyone wants any hope of getting it for $29.99 store pickup is not the way to go unless $29.99 is somehow going to be MSRP.

From Gamestops website for those who don't believe[/QUOTE]
Really? That sucks. Canceled my pre-order.

[quote name='TooPoor']this. I don't see a button to cancel the in-store pickup order.[/QUOTE]
Use the "Contact Us" form to put in a cancellation request.

I didn't know the price is not locked in for in-store pickup. I want to cancel it now so I don't have to remember it later, before they slap a $5 fee on me.

I sent them an e-mail asking them to cancel my pre-order. On the bottom of gamestop.com, there's a link "Contact Us". Near the middle of the page, it gives you the option to cancel a pre-order. When you click that link it just takes you back your order page, and there's no button to cancel your pre-order.

I'm going to keep my preorder, if this is the MSRP I will cancel it. If it is a pricing mistake and they won't honor it I will do my usual BBB trick and at least demand a $30 store credit.

[quote name='TooPoor']I'm going to keep my preorder, if this is the MSRP I will cancel it. If it is a pricing mistake and they won't honor it I will do my usual BBB trick and at least demand a $30 store credit.[/QUOTE]

You are doing exactly what they want you to do. By saying you can only cancel in store you have decided to rationalize your preorder in order to avoid socializing with GameStop. Good job.

I played the demo and $30 is about what the game is worth. It's MP focused, but with the beat-em-up style, it will pretty much be relegated to a party game. No split-screen play hurts it even more.

This is Madworld 2, not Bayonetta 2. Expecting a deep, challenging experience here is silly.

That said, it's decent enough fun. I might even get it at launch for $30.

no split screen makes me want it even more.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I played the demo and $30 is about what the game is worth. It's MP focused, but with the beat-em-up style, it will pretty much be relegated to a party game. No split-screen play hurts it even more.

This is Madworld 2, not Bayonetta 2. Expecting a deep, challenging experience here is silly.

That said, it's decent enough fun. I might even get it at launch for $30.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']Pretty much. The store price is what you pay when you pick it up, so if the stores have it for $59.99 at release that's what you'll be paying.

If anyone wants any hope of getting it for $29.99 store pickup is not the way to go unless $29.99 is somehow going to be MSRP.

From Gamestops website for those who don't believe[/QUOTE]

Can you provide the source for that info? Their help section page for in-store pickup makes no mention of having to pay a different price than the one agreed upon at the time the order is placed:

Payment
You will be required to remit payment at the store when you pick up the product. Our stores accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. GameStop gift cards, ATM or debit cards are also accepted. If paying by credit or debit card, both the card and the authorized user of the card must be present.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/In_Store_Pickup.aspx

EDIT:

Sorry, please disregard my request. I google searched the quote you posted and found the source:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/hops_info/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RollingSkull']I played the demo and $30 is about what the game is worth. It's MP focused, but with the beat-em-up style, it will pretty much be relegated to a party game. No split-screen play hurts it even more.

That said, it's decent enough fun. I might even get it at launch for $30.[/QUOTE]

I am quite depressed to see since I am importing it (roughly 90 ~_~), but I fully disagree with you. I would certainly say the game is worth a bit more. While there is no doubt a focus on MP, there are 4 chapters in each story and seem somewhat fleshed out. Additionally the online is quite robust, so you should certainly get your moneys worth regardless.

[quote name='Cocojames333']You are doing exactly what they want you to do. By saying you can only cancel in store you have decided to rationalize your preorder in order to avoid socializing with GameStop. Good job.[/QUOTE]
You, my newcomer friend, have obviously not learned how a CAG operates. So let me elaborate for you.

(1) If they honor a price mistake I can flip for profit, (2) if it is MSRP I will call and cancel, (3) if they won't honor I will file a complaint which usually works if you word your complaint right and make reasonable demands.

[quote name='Greybeard']I think it is 26 on buy.com with free shipping[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but beware Buy.com is along the blacklist that are famous for cancelling orders, and difficult to sort out complaints with. I think my only success with them is $10 store credit.

[quote name='slowpantz']If this is an official price change...then this has me worried about the quality of this game.[/QUOTE]

Because the higher priced the game, the better the quality. :rofl:

[quote name='limelight022']Because the higher priced the game, the better the quality. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
New IP's on current consoles always come out at $30!

The demo's on the JP store right? I'll have to check it out.... I'm a big fan of Platinum but this just doesn't seem to be as awe-inspiring as their recent crop of games, I'll keep an open mind though.

(1) If they honor a price mistake I can flip for profit, (2) if it is MSRP I will call and cancel, (3) if they won't honor I will file a complaint which usually works if you word your complaint right and make reasonable demands.
That's not really the best example of "how a CAG operates", that's more of an example of how to be a CAG who constantly gets eye rolls from other CAGs.

[quote name='iamsmart']The demo's on the JP store right? I'll have to check it out.... I'm a big fan of Platinum but this just doesn't seem to be as awe-inspiring as their recent crop of games, I'll keep an open mind though.

That's not really the best example of "how a CAG operates", that's more of an example of how to be a CAG who constantly gets eye rolls from other CAGs.[/QUOTE]

It is and it is in FULL English (the demo). I went into the demo expecting nothing and loved it enough to justify the 90 price tag to import. However the story seems weak. (though PG sucks at stories)

[quote name='admiralvic']It is and it is in FULL English (the demo). I went into the demo expecting nothing and loved it enough to justify the 90 price tag to import. However the story seems weak. (though PG sucks at stories)[/QUOTE]

Since you already ordered it, can you confirm if the retail game is in full English as well when you receive it?

I posted this earlier:

Here's the thread: http://community.platinumgames.com/showthread.php?333-Is-Max-Anarchy-%28Japanese-Port%29-to-feature-English-Voice-over-and-subtitles

Here's the link to the Platinum person saying it is fully localized. http://community.platinumgames.com/...stem-and-demo-soon&p=4349&viewfull=1#post4349

I just don't see it anywhere in the game listings and Play-Asia is usually good about that.

Edit: Actually, is it cool if I add you to my PSN?

[quote name='barrit']Since you already ordered it, can you confirm if the retail game is in full English as well when you receive it?

I posted this earlier:

Here's the thread: http://community.platinumgames.com/showthread.php?333-Is-Max-Anarchy-%28Japanese-Port%29-to-feature-English-Voice-over-and-subtitles

Here's the link to the Platinum person saying it is fully localized. http://community.platinumgames.com/...stem-and-demo-soon&p=4349&viewfull=1#post4349

I just don't see it anywhere in the game listings and Play-Asia is usually good about that.

Edit: Actually, is it cool if I add you to my PSN?[/QUOTE]

I plan on uploading videos to my Youtube (already uploaded a ton for the demo) and doing a full review for JustPushStart. However I will gladly answer any questions if you contact me. Going off my last couple of orders, I will have it on the Japanese release, so that's like 13 more days. I can also tell you that Platinum games has stated several times it's done, they've also stated that the Japanese and US versions are 1:1 too. The demo backs up these claims, as it also features all of those languages fully, but I can understand you still being worried. Finally my PSN is "Admiralvic" (should be obvious), just put something that identifies you and I'll add you.

[quote name='GUNNM']New IP's on current consoles always come out at $30![/QUOTE]
so Beyond and The Last of Us are going to be $30 yeah right :roll:

I'm surprised that kanye2000 guy isn't posting how Platinum games has it right by selling a new IP for $30. But I guess it's kinda complicated since it has multiple established IPs. He was making a fuss in the Lollipop Chainsaw thread saying new IPs should launch for $30.

[quote name='admiralvic']I am quite depressed to see since I am importing it (roughly 90 ~_~), but I fully disagree with you. I would certainly say the game is worth a bit more. While there is no doubt a focus on MP, there are 4 chapters in each story and seem somewhat fleshed out. Additionally the online is quite robust, so you should certainly get your moneys worth regardless.[/QUOTE]

Just found on youtube some of your gameplay videos from the DEMO, props to you bro, nice playing :).

well called customer service just now on this and asked them if this was a price mistake because ordered 3 to resell but didn't want to tie up credit that long. after checking with someone the rep said that it was indeed a price mistake and that it should be listed as 59.99. They basically told me all preorder prices are not final and could change at anytime. Told me he would cancel the orders and the credit would be back in my gift card. I tried to argue with him about wasting my time and if i can get some store credit but that was a no go but did offer me a 500 power up points lol. Will call couple more times later and bother them and see if they will give me any credit for their failure mistake! so guys don't hold any hope they have a term's and condition were they aren't liable for price mistakes and will prob just cancel the orders.

[quote name='admiralvic']It is and it is in FULL English (the demo). I went into the demo expecting nothing and loved it enough to justify the 90 price tag to import. However the story seems weak. (though PG sucks at stories)[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I just made me a Japanese account and am downloading the demo as we speak! Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']well called customer service just now on this and asked them if this was a price mistake because ordered 3 to resell but didn't want to tie up credit that long. after checking with someone the rep said that it was indeed a price mistake and that it should be listed as 59.99. They basically told me all preorder prices are not final and could change at anytime. Told me he would cancel the orders and the credit would be back in my gift card. I tried to argue with him about wasting my time and if i can get some store credit but that was a no go but did offer me a 500 power up points lol. Will call couple more times later and bother them and see if they will give me any credit for their failure mistake! so guys don't hold any hope they have a term's and condition were they aren't liable for price mistakes and will prob just cancel the orders.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']well called customer service just now on this and asked them if this was a price mistake because ordered 3 to resell but didn't want to tie up credit that long. after checking with someone the rep said that it was indeed a price mistake and that it should be listed as 59.99. They basically told me all preorder prices are not final and could change at anytime. Told me he would cancel the orders and the credit would be back in my gift card. I tried to argue with him about wasting my time and if i can get some store credit but that was a no go but did offer me a 500 power up points lol. Will call couple more times later and bother them and see if they will give me any credit for their failure mistake! so guys don't hold any hope they have a term's and condition were they aren't liable for price mistakes and will prob just cancel the orders.[/QUOTE]

please post this on SD :applause:

You ordered.....3 for flipping....then complained to get 500 points? Dear lord.....

Also, you must be fairly stupid. The first rule of a deal is to never call/email and ask if they have the damn deal.

:puke:tip for future deals please dont call

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I vote to ban Foxconn.[/QUOTE]

I second this notion, and also suggest we break his knees so he cant make it to SD either

bread's done
Back