Anarchy Reigns $29.99 (PS3/360)

[quote name='TooPoor']Thanks for the info SonOfMan, sucks that it has been pushed to 2013.

I honestly don't know what you guys are arguing about. If you want to spend the minor extra effort of monitoring your preorder and price fluctuations, then simply preorder it.[/QUOTE]

exactly. platinum games has made games that i like for this gen on 360/ps3 so another game for $30 at launch for whatever the reason sounds good to me. i also preordered their metal gear game (aka proper ninja gaiden 3 :p ).

[quote name='JHouser']Hey..............it looks like GS took Anarchy Reigns off their website.[/QUOTE]

It's still on there, just $59.99 now.

Buy.com raised their prices from $26.99 to $29.99. It is so strange, it happened with the Borderlands 2 CE as well, they originally sold them for cheaper.

We're just going to play the wait and see game then. I checked my order and it's still open and same price from last time. Now it's time to wait and see if they'll cancel the order or for pick ups, charge you an additional 30 dollars to pay off the 60 dollar price tag. Really don't know what the fuck is going to happen but I guess patience is virtue.

Just played a quick 5 mins of the Japanese demo, it felt like a $30 game. The combat is no where as good as Bayonetta. Maybe I need to play a little bit more tonight.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Just played a quick 5 mins of the Japanese demo, it felt like a $30 game. The combat is no where as good as Bayonetta. Maybe I need to play a little bit more tonight.[/QUOTE]

I've played the demo for hours and I'm going to have to disagree. The game plays like a platinumgames game. It looks basic on the outside, but give it time and practice and you'll find yourself with a deep combat system.

Since it's evident that it's a price mistake, how are Game Stop, buy.com and FutureShop when dealing with mistakes? My Gamestop order is still open and I feel like it's going to get canceled.

[quote name='Slixshot']I've played the demo for hours and I'm going to have to disagree. The game plays like a platinumgames game. It looks basic on the outside, but give it time and practice and you'll find yourself with a deep combat system.[/QUOTE]

I've only had time to play for 5 mins earlier so I have to give a more thorough play when I have some time.

[quote name='Slixshot']I've played the demo for hours and I'm going to have to disagree. The game plays like a platinumgames game. It looks basic on the outside, but give it time and practice and you'll find yourself with a deep combat system.[/QUOTE]
I'll disagree you harder. It feels like Madworld 2, to me, and nobody will ever mistake Madworld for a deep game

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'll disagree you harder. It feels like Madworld 2, to me, and nobody will ever mistake Madworld for a deep game[/QUOTE]

Feel free to disagree, but from my perspective, it was far more than a $30 game. I wasn't just mashing buttons (although that's definitely an option), but I was doing various combos with each character. The random events that happen during the game was nuts and the different gametypes offer a ton of crazy fun. To each his own, though.

[quote name='Sway']Since it's evident that it's a price mistake, how are Game Stop, buy.com and FutureShop when dealing with mistakes? My Gamestop order is still open and I feel like it's going to get canceled.[/QUOTE]
according to the gamestop site.

"Pre-order any product and if the price drops before the release date, you will be charged the lower price."

notice it says the lower price not the lowest price meaning if the price drops they'll drop your pre order price, I assume if the price goes up it works the same way and they raise the price on your pre order. Clever way of wording it to make you pre order.

So, should I just go ahead and cancel my pre-order? I've heard nothing from them about my order, and I will raise hell on release day if they let it run until that time and try and charge me full price.

[quote name='prettycrazy']So, should I just go ahead and cancel my pre-order? I've heard nothing from them about my order, and I will raise hell on release day if they let it run until that time and try and charge me full price.[/QUOTE]
Just raise sand hell, you will have your way.

[quote name='technicalstylez']im bumping this because the game comes out today and its still 29.99. and if u get it from gs u get bayonetta as a playable character dlc. good deal.[/QUOTE]$30 is the reg. price but I wonder will the DLC pop up in a complete edition down the line.

yeah i know its msrp but guaranteed people forgot about this game. just bringin it up so ppl w/ gs credit can get in, and possibly make a buck off the bayonetta dlc on ebay if they so wish, as its currently gs/retailer exclusive.

[quote name='technicalstylez']yeah i know its msrp but guaranteed people forgot about this game. just bringin it up so ppl w/ gs credit can get in, and possibly make a buck off the bayonetta dlc on ebay if they so wish, as its currently gs/retailer exclusive.[/QUOTE]How late can u pre-order it & still get the DLC

[quote name='Enuf']$30 is the reg. price but I wonder will the DLC pop up in a complete edition down the line.[/QUOTE]

given the game is 30 dollars i doubt a complete edition is going to come about.

i honestly forgot i preordered this during what we thought was a mistake. and got a text today mentioning preorder availiable tomorrow

i preordered yesterday on my way to work cuz i love Bayonetta.

Strange/crappy Bayonetta 2 is wii u, but we will get a port someday hopefully.

[quote name='Velo214']i preordered yesterday on my way to work cuz i love Bayonetta.

Strange/crappy Bayonetta 2 is wii u, but we will get a port someday hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Not strange, not crappy.
Blame Sega. You will likely NEVER see a port of B2 to any other platform because Nintendo is publishing it after Sega CANCELLED IT.

Just get the Wii U,pro controller and call it a day. I already own a Wii U and B2 was one of the reasons I bought one too.

[quote name='MrBonk']Not strange, not crappy.
Blame Sega. You will likely NEVER see a port of B2 to any other platform because Nintendo is publishing it after Sega CANCELLED IT.

Just get the Wii U,pro controller and call it a day. I already own a Wii U and B2 was one of the reasons I bought one too.[/QUOTE]

this. i really dont know why people expect a nintendo published game to go elsewhere.

My only concern for B2 is surround sound. I hope they include matrixed DD surround sound that I can pass through my TV or else i'm gonna have to get a new receiver that supports HDMI.

[quote name='Sway']Since it's evident that it's a price mistake, how are Game Stop, buy.com and FutureShop when dealing with mistakes? My Gamestop order is still open and I feel like it's going to get canceled.[/QUOTE]

still stand by that comment?!?

[quote name='kayne2000']me thinks that was the point[/QUOTE]

glad someone understood my simple one sentence speaking in past tense

Hmm...I pre-ordered this about a month ago, in December. I haven't gotten the Gamestop phone call yet. I guess it will be later today. If my pre-order was automatically canceled that would be fine since I'm kind of short on cash this week.

Got my call about getting it when they open, definitely looking forward to this game, was interested when I first saw it and have been waiting a while to jump online with a few of my friends as we all enjoyed Spawn back on the Dreamcast which was similar to this.

[quote name='Velo214']i preordered yesterday on my way to work cuz i love Bayonetta.

Strange/crappy Bayonetta 2 is wii u, but we will get a port someday hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but I am too cheap to preorder this just to play as Bayonetta, especially since some of the reviews have scared me away.

[quote name='MrBonk']Not strange, not crappy.

Just get the Wii U,pro controller and call it a day. I already own a Wii U and B2 was one of the reasons I bought one too.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Mass Effect 1 published my Microsoft? I'm still holding out hope for a port some day. I'm sure as hell not buying a WiiU until way down the line.

[quote name='Crazysammy']Got my email and mine just shipped at the 29.99 also. Glad to know they honored it.[/QUOTE]

That's MSRP. Why wouldn't they honor it?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Me too, but I am too cheap to preorder this just to play as Bayonetta, especially since some of the reviews have scared me away.

Wasn't Mass Effect 1 published my Microsoft? I'm still holding out hope for a port some day. I'm sure as hell not buying a WiiU until way down the line.[/QUOTE]

ME1 was published, but not funded. In this case, Bayonetta 2 is pulling a Twin Snakes scenario..

[quote name='Nintendonly']So why the fuck is Walmart selling this game for $60?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, but here is the relevant press release quote from Platinum -

We know you’ve all been waiting, and we are finally pleased to announce that SEGA has decided on a release date for our latest endeavour, ANARCHY REIGNS.
Join us online January 8 in North America and January 11 in Europe for the low price of $29.99/£19.99/€24.99 on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360!

I totally forgot this game was coming out this week. Newegg charged me $14.99 today for the game. I guess the $15 off a preorder held up with the price change.

I hope the online community will be active and fun!

[quote name='kayne2000']this. i really dont know why people expect a nintendo published game to go elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

You never know. It could go with a different name and altered gameplay. Example, Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2 for Xbox 360 (IP rights belong to Tecmo). A year later, Tecmo rehashed the game and published it for PS3 under Sigma 2. Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo but the IP rights still belong to Platinum Games. They may alter a bit and change the name to put on other platforms if they find a publisher.

bread's done
Back