Anarchy Reigns $29.99 (PS3/360)

if anyone's interested in my bayonetta dlc pm me, great game !

edit- for trade/sale sorry for the confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it the deal is dead? Still shows $29.99 for both for me.

I realize that's MSRP but doesn't make a deal dead. Ya know?

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']You never know. It could go with a different name and altered gameplay. Example, Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2 for Xbox 360 (IP rights belong to Tecmo). A year later, Tecmo rehashed the game and published it for PS3 under Sigma 2. Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo but the IP rights still belong to Platinum Games. They may alter a bit and change the name to put on other platforms if they find a publisher.[/QUOTE]

while true. nintendo is strictly games microsoft is not and microsoft hasnt been hoarding IP's like nintendo does. there is also the fact that i think platinum games has one or two other games coming out for the wii u as well although i cant recall who is the publisher and platinum isnt exactly a who company. i'd imagine theyd rather not piss off nintendo inadvertently

of course its also possible(i have no idea though) that nintendo bought bayonetta or platinum

[quote name='technicalstylez']back on topic..
gs website shows 54.99 used. this plus walmart selling for 59.99 makes me think 29.99 might just be a temporary promotional price after all..[/QUOTE]

Please let me know of any game that released at $30, hell $40 and had It's price increased as a promotional price? I am not talking out of stock and letting el hoardo dictate the prices either.

http://www.amazon.com/Anarchy-Reign...qid=1357685203&sr=8-1&keywords=anarchy+reigns

It's $30 on Amazon as well and Best Buy and many other sites.

Wal-Mart.com is wrong and the price will be adjusted down the road.

Been playing it for the past 3 hours, this game is just amazing. Buy it now, i rarely recommenced games at full price, but jesus....its only 30$

[quote name='dgwillia006']Been playing it for the past 3 hours, this game is just amazing. Buy it now, i rarely recommenced games at full price, but jesus....its only 30$[/QUOTE]
this is a fighting game right?

Gamestop says my order is ready to pick up. I think I will pass this time.
Hope they don't charge me like a stocking fee for not picking up a preorder.

dude. i was tryin to help out the ppl that typically wait and buy games used- as its cheaper to get now and ur supporting the devs. the game is fun as hell and only 30 bones-hell if every new release was 30 bucks i would buy every game day 1 to support the industry; the same industry that signs my paychecks.

ps the opening menu track is amazing!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Please let me know of any game that released at $30, hell $40 and had It's price increased as a promotional price? I am not talking out of stock and letting el hoardo dictate the prices either.

http://www.amazon.com/Anarchy-Reign...qid=1357685203&sr=8-1&keywords=anarchy+reigns

It's $30 on Amazon as well and Best Buy and many other sites.

Wal-Mart.com is wrong and the price will be adjusted down the road.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']dude. i was tryin to help out the ppl that typically wait and buy games used- as its cheaper to get now and ur supporting the devs. the game is fun as hell and only 30 bones-hell if every new release was 30 bucks i would buy every game day 1 to support the industry; the same industry that signs my paychecks.

ps the opening menu track is amazing![/QUOTE]

Providing false information isn't helping anyone. This is CAG, not a charity for game publishers. The game is $30 MSRP and will likely be cheaper over time if people wait. People can make up their own mind when to buy without being tricked into thinking the price is going up.

it may be an error but thats the used price listed. same goes for walmart. as wrong as they are, right now thats the price. i never said thats what the price is supposed to be, i just said those were the prices that are listed. learn the difference.

[quote name='technicalstylez']it may be an error but thats the used price listed. same goes for walmart. as wrong as they are, right now thats the price. i never said thats what the price is supposed to be, i just said those were the prices that are listed. learn the difference.[/QUOTE]

No, your whole argument was that people better buy now or they will have to pay more later. That's not gonna happen. Gamestop and Walmart have pricing errors now. They will likely be corrected later and if not, people can still buy the game from the other vendors who have and will continue to have the correct pricing. Learn to properly explain your ridiculous arguments. Here is your exact statement -

gs website shows 54.99 used. this plus walmart selling for 59.99 makes me think 29.99 might just be a temporary promotional price after all..

You have no evidence for that claim, so please drop it.

Well I just got back from getting my preordered copy at Gamestop and it was $30 there. Kinda surprised Walmart is even carrying this to be honest, is it in-store for WM or just on the web?

so many tears in your post. i know many people here who buy new releases within the first week USED at gs. i was giving them a heads up because the used price is soo much higher than the new. i already knew msrp is 30 and have been posting in this thread since it was started LAST YEAR. , i'm just pointing out that gs and walmart are both much higher. let it go.

[quote name='bojay1997']No, your whole argument was that people better buy now or they will have to pay more later. That's not gonna happen. Gamestop and Walmart have pricing errors now. They will likely be corrected later and if not, people can still buy the game from the other vendors who have and will continue to have the correct pricing. Learn to properly explain your ridiculous arguments. Here is your exact statement -

gs website shows 54.99 used. this plus walmart selling for 59.99 makes me think 29.99 might just be a temporary promotional price after all..

You have no evidence for that claim, so please drop it.[/QUOTE]

ya i got a code towards the bottom of my receipt. did u get urs instore or online?

[quote name='Masterkyo']Gamestop copy. Anyone receive Bayotta Code ???[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']this is a fighting game right?[/QUOTE]

This is a brawler, which is like a fighter, but closer to Dynasty Warriors sorta deal. Anarchy Reigns has a pretty advanced combat system (nowhere near a fighter, but way more depth than a Koei title) and the characters are pretty diverse.

@ DG

You have to realize that this game was NEVER intended to be $30 dollars, Sega just made a stupid move and delayed it. In this time the Japanese version did pretty poor (partly due to marketing, partly do to flaws in gameplay / story), so they instead put forth no effort in the US / EU and merely dropped the MSRP to help sell it. Having paid $90 dollars for it, I can't say it's worth it, but I can say it's worth $30.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Gamestop copy. Anyone receive Bayotta Code ???[/QUOTE]

Yes in-store 2 DLC codes print on receipt if you preordered.

Did anyones pre-order code not work? Mine didn't work :(

I did a search and saw that quite a few people are having the same problem on gamefaqs

I'm pretty pissed.

[quote name='Troutyogurt']Did anyones pre-order code not work? Mine didn't work :(

I did a search and saw that quite a few people are having the same problem on gamefaqs

I'm pretty pissed.[/QUOTE]

mine worked fine, you can just call the Gamestop you got the codes from and most likely they will give you new codes.

2 codes? mine only had 1 and it was for both bayonetta and the multiplayer mode. ps3. maybe 360 has 2 codes?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes in-store 2 DLC codes print on receipt if you preordered.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='snakemaster2389']so its not 30 bucks anymore? how much is it then now?[/QUOTE]

Check the link again online for 30 still.

[quote name='technicalstylez']2 codes? mine only had 1 and it was for both bayonetta and the multiplayer mode. ps3. maybe 360 has 2 codes?[/QUOTE]

yea 360 version is 2 codes

Shoot!!! I had forgotten about this since it was so long ago I had pre-ordered on Amazon. Totally would have cancelled and done a GS pre-order had I known about the Bayonetta code!

Bought the game earlier today and its really fun I have no regret buying it, the only problem i have is that the online is pretty much dead but if you have friends you can play with bots.My favorite online game mode is Death Ball its like halo's Griffball except more extreme.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']so its not 30 bucks anymore? how much is it then now?[/QUOTE]

No idea why it's titled dead. It's MSRP is $30.

[quote name='Romeo']No idea why it's titled dead. It's MSRP is $30.[/QUOTE]

It was made MONTHS ago when this was only an "accident". They quickly changed the price to $60 and was labeled dead. Someone decided to bump this older topic, so it reads "dead" and more importantly lacks all the complainers saying "MSRP is not a deal".

[quote name='admiralvic']It was made MONTHS ago when this was only an "accident". They quickly changed the price to $60 and was labeled dead. Someone decided to bump this older topic, so it reads "dead" and more importantly lacks all the complainers saying "MSRP is not a deal".[/QUOTE]

It's $30 in store. $30 is MSRP. I saw it hours ago.

[quote name='Romeo']It's $30 in store. $30 is MSRP. I saw it hours ago.[/QUOTE]

OP = 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Offer was dead at the time.
Someone bumped it.

Not denying these things, just explaining why it says "dead" in the title.

Haha, fun game. Played a bit of the story and randomly decided to jump in online and it was crazy fun despite not knowing what was going on. I think I played Survival mode? Kinda like Horde mode! :D

if online is dead, try playing simulation. its like playing multiplayer but instead the cpu fills in all the multiplayer characters. its a blast and a great option for ppl like me with low bandwidth. wish every game had a multiplayer simulation option.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Bought the game earlier today and its really fun I have no regret buying it, the only problem i have is that the online is pretty much dead but if you have friends you can play with bots.My favorite online game mode is Death Ball its like halo's Griffball except more extreme.[/QUOTE]

well didnt the game just come out today? I didn't even hear about this game until literally today. lol I'm gonna pick it up at some point soon though especially for $30 cuz these are the kind of games I enjoy. Reminds me of an insane Urban Reign which is not a bad thing because next to the streets of Rage series Urban Reign is my 2nd favorite Beat em up. Bayonetta is cool DLC too.

[quote name='letsgetacid']Guys - pick it up. If you like character-action games, you'll love it. The multiplayer is so rad.[/QUOTE]

is the single player any good? I heard its pretty much like Madworld and that game was pretty fun

[quote name='snakemaster2389']is the single player any good? I heard its pretty much like Madworld and that game was pretty fun[/QUOTE]

Easily the worst story I've seen in a Platinum Games title and one of the worst stories I've seen in a LONG time. Also the Campaign is pretty annoying, since you get to end of 1 side and then the game restarts on the other side from the beginning. Also the difficulties are pretty bi polar, so I can only say normal is "fun".

I thought this one was rather mediocre. The SP is wretched. Dynasty Warriors but you can only attack one enemy at a time. The MP is a mess of stupid mechanics piled atop each other.

Also, MSRP = not a deal.

This game is not good... should of stayed delayed... Ugh for the $30 I spent on this today I should of bought Batman Ac:GOTY Edition for the same price......

Im up for trading this if someone is that hell bent on needing this digital trash'

bread's done
Back