Anarchy Reigns $29.99 (PS3/360)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I vote to ban Foxconn.[/QUOTE]
Thirded? I say ban him too....how much of an idiot do you have to be to call? AFTER you buy 3 copies for flipping :applause:

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']well called customer service just now on this and asked them if this was a price mistake because ordered 3 to resell but didn't want to tie up credit that long. after checking with someone the rep said that it was indeed a price mistake and that it should be listed as 59.99. They basically told me all preorder prices are not final and could change at anytime. Told me he would cancel the orders and the credit would be back in my gift card. I tried to argue with him about wasting my time and if i can get some store credit but that was a no go but did offer me a 500 power up points lol. Will call couple more times later and bother them and see if they will give me any credit for their failure mistake! so guys don't hold any hope they have a term's and condition were they aren't liable for price mistakes and will prob just cancel the orders.[/QUOTE]

Horribly stupid individual...

[quote name='eau']Send him back to Foxconn's labor camp...[/QUOTE]
dont because worker will jump to his death in China :fridge:

[quote name='Velo214']yeah foxconn worker has been talking alot in the threads this past week. fantastic contributor to cag ;)[/QUOTE]

not as great a contributor as you bro. ur like a god here, those 3 dollar flips of yours were talked about for days by mortal cags. keep up da good work.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']not as great a contributor as you bro. ur like a god here, those 3 dollar flips of yours were talked about for days by mortal cags. keep up da good work.[/QUOTE]

A 3$ flip is much better than whining about not being able to flip a game that doesnt even come out for 5+ months.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']not as great a contributor as you bro. ur like a god here, those 3 dollar flips of yours were talked about for days by mortal cags. keep up da good work.[/QUOTE]

Learn basic spelling, "bro". And don't call and ruin shit for everyone else, then brag about flipping 3 copies.

You guys fall for trolls to easily. No flipper no matter how dumb would call if there was a price mistake and they could get it for cheap and resell for $20 profit.

You guys fell for it hard.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']Damn u guys just got PUNKED lol im sorry i didn't call i was just joking. You guys were on me like white on rice dang bros im not stupid[/QUOTE]

Judging by your spelling, and general use of the english language. Yes, yes you are.

actually englrish is my second language i am canton native i speak 3 languages. lol at this joker who thanks anyone who doesnt speake enghish and live in usa is stupid

Why doesn't everyone just call it a day? Until our orders are canceled, be happy that we're getting a new game for this price. If the price rises, cancel your order if you don't want to pay full price. Personally, (and you can tell from my avatar) I love Platinum Games and was planning on picking this up at launch regardless of the price; this discount was just a bonus.

[quote name='rpg']so Beyond and The Last of Us are going to be $30 yeah right :roll:[/QUOTE]
Obviously didn't get the joke

Geez, this place is turning into the shits. Just ignore these clowns.

I guess I'll stick to my pick up order even though I rather much pay it off at the store than charging my card. Waiting to see if this price will become official or not, will def. place an Amazon order whenever they do price match just in case because GS doesn't honor their prices. I remember preordering something one time that was suppose to be 30 or 40 and it went up to 50 and I had to pay up 10 bucks more and etc. This was a while back though.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Geez, this place is turning into the shits. Just ignore these clowns.
.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this place has been going to the shits for a while now.

This is my 9th year here on CAG and while I still visit daily, the board just doesn't have the same vibe it once did.

I will say that Enuf and Frisky do a great job and they make CAG worth coming to...

whoa just got home!

keep in mind that you shouldn't pick up in store or you are subject to a price change at pickup!

Is there a free or reduced shipping code available?
(i'm looking through the whole thread but cant finde anything)

[quote name='PublikDefender']whoa just got home!

keep in mind that you shouldn't pick up in store or you are subject to a price change at pickup!

Is there a free or reduced shipping code available?
(i'm looking through the whole thread but cant finde anything)
[/QUOTE]
You can try Buy.com if you want it shipped. I searched for a free shipping code for GS too but came up empty.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the in-store preorder is also $29.99. So, it may not be a website error.

Also, TeamXbox did an article about the $30 tag at other online outlets. So, fingers crossed that this holds up.

Downloading the demo now, too. Been looking forward to this.

[quote name='kevgret']Unfortunately this place has been going to the shits for a while now.

This is my 9th year here on CAG and while I still visit daily, the board just doesn't have the same vibe it once did.

I will say that Enuf and Frisky do a great job and they make CAG worth coming to...[/QUOTE]
While I don't look at the sign up date for every poster I don't think I've seen an '03 user before. I didn't even know cheapy had been around for that long, wow.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I'm surprised that kanye2000 guy isn't posting how Platinum games has it right by selling a new IP for $30. But I guess it's kinda complicated since it has multiple established IPs. He was making a fuss in the Lollipop Chainsaw thread saying new IPs should launch for $30.[/QUOTE]

does no one on this planet know how to spell KAYNE as in KAYNE not Kanye that idiotic singer guy. Kane + cain = kayne because y can sound like an i. seriously any message board where i use kayne as part of the screenname everyone and their mom mispells it. this cant be just a random typo. it cant be. further proved by the fact people will call me kanye on xbox live my screen isnt just kayne on xboxlive so dont add that person thinking its me.

and they do have it right a new IP at 30 dollars is a winner and from platinum game = even more win.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']Damn u guys just got PUNKED lol im sorry i didn't call i was just joking. You guys were on me like white on rice dang bros im not stupid[/QUOTE]

cool story bro

[quote name='kevgret']Unfortunately this place has been going to the shits for a while now.

I will say that Enuf and Frisky do a great job and they make CAG worth coming to...[/QUOTE]

Happy Anniversary! :applause: That is quite the commitment.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I intend to bitch heartily if they cancel it, especially since they have a price guarantee.[/QUOTE]

This is Gamestop's pre-order price guarantee:

Low Price Guarantee
Pre-order any product, and if the price drops before the release date, you will be charged the lower price.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Pre-orders.aspx

Go ahead and cancel your preordered bitchfest because they wouldn't owe you anything.

And as a fellow native of the Land of 10,000 Lakes, your attitude is anything but Minnesota Nice so why don't you just get the hell outta here. :D

[quote name='Dund3r']
And as a fellow native of the Land of 10,000 Lakes, your attitude is anything but Minnesota Nice so why don't you just get the hell outta here. :D[/QUOTE]

You mean the condescending fake nice? I am from Minnesota also, but I suppose your attitude does reflect that fake "Minnesota nice".

[quote name='silver001']You mean the condescending fake nice? I am from Minnesota also, but I suppose your attitude does reflect that fake "Minnesota nice".[/QUOTE]

I guess jokes from The Office, sarcasm, and big smiley emoticons don't translate across CAG message boards...

Kudos to being a MN native though - enjoy the weekend!

I just went to Gamestop to preorder Sleeping Dogs and while I was there I asked the manager about preordering something online for store pick up and he said as long as you bring in the paper (order confirmation) that shows the price you preordered it for, that's the price you'll pay when you pick up the game. So I thought I'd share that in case there's confusion. He may be wrong I guess, but I'll go with his word for now until Amazon matches the price.

[quote name='Dund3r']This is Gamestop's pre-order price guarantee:

Low Price Guarantee
Pre-order any product, and if the price drops before the release date, you will be charged the lower price.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Pre-orders.aspx

Go ahead and cancel your preordered bitchfest because they wouldn't owe you anything.

And as a fellow native of the Land of 10,000 Lakes, your attitude is anything but Minnesota Nice so why don't you just get the hell outta here. :D[/QUOTE]

So if the price raises from when I originally ordered it it'll magically be the higher price? Yeah, no.

If they have a preorder price guarantee then they need to honor it like every other retailer with a preorder price guarantee. If they won't then I'll submit a complaint, not expecting compensation. How exactly is it out of line to expect a retailer to honor their prices and policies?

For the record I've only ever submitted negative feedback to GameStop one time, and that's because the guy checking me out was TERRIBLE and made a quick purchase into a 40 minute ordeal without adequately explaining the current sale. The store manager called me personally and apologized...not a single transaction less than stellar ever since.

IDK if anyone else covered this because I am not going to read the whole post, but one thing to remember is that if you order online, and choose in store pickup it will not stay at this price IF it is raised like I think they will. If you preorder at the store, or preorder online for in store pickup you do not "pay" for the game right away. At least if the price goes up and you ordered to have the item shipped, and you have your credit card invoice you might have a chance for getting it for that price if and when it goes back up. I know they don't charge the card until it ships, but you have a record of ordering it at this price. When you order the other way there is no record of what the price was when you preordered it. Again no guarantee but that is the best chance to get it. This from an Ex GS employee who understands the POS and company guidelines.

[quote name='TooPoor']The price is still $29.99, maybe this really is the MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Amazon's price is showing $59.99.

[quote name='KrazyGunner']Hmmm... Amazon's price is showing $59.99.[/QUOTE]
I know, so is BBY, I'm just guessing. I honestly have no basis whatsoever.

[quote name='TooPoor']I know, so is BBY, I'm just guessing. I honestly have no basis whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

One person said they called and was told it was an error, though who knows.

[quote name='admiralvic']One person said they called and was told it was an error, though who knows.[/QUOTE]

The FoxComm guy was the one who supposedly called, I believe you're referring to. But most of us believe it was an attempt to troll.

I emailed them, and this was the response I received.

"Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

If this order was an in-store pickup and you would like to cancel or change the reservation, you will need to contact the store at least one day after your order has been placed. The GameStop.com order status page will not reflect these changes.

For more information on our In-store pickup process please visit: www.gamestop.com/gs/help/In_Store_Pickup.aspx

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email or if this order was for online fulfillment please provide your order number and the original e-mail address supplied when the order was placed.

Best Regards, Adam GameStop Customer Service"

Looks like I'll have to keep my eye on this one...

yeah and now foxconn is banned on cag, funny how that works.

im down for any game with bayonetta in it. i heard they are cancelling bayonetta 2 which would totally suck, but here's hoping it still makes it to the states. same with yakuza 5. peace cags

[quote name='Velo214']yeah and now foxconn is banned on cag, funny how that works.

im down for any game with bayonetta in it. i heard they are cancelling bayonetta 2 which would totally suck, but here's hoping it still makes it to the states. same with yakuza 5. peace cags[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Yes she is, but shes DLC in Japan and she was never offered up in the US, so you might end up having to buy her. Additionally Bayonetta 2 was never even announced, thus I wouldn't take stock in any rumor claiming it was canceled. Based off how Sega is handling Anarchy Reigns, I would go further and say I find it hard to believe they would be for it.

I haven't read through all pages so excuse me if this has been said already. Perhaps this may help clear up some confusion that has lingered.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/06/rumor-anarchy-reigns-launching-with-budget-price/

"Anarchy Reigns recently received a huge delay, pushing the title into 2013. Fortunately, it’s not all bad news regarding SEGA’s upcoming action game.

Three major retailers — GameStop, Buy.com and FutureShop — have updated their listings for Anarchy Reigns and given the game an extremely low $29.99 price point. SEGA has yet to announce an official retail price, so there’s still a chance that the price could change before launch.

Certain outlets have begun speculating that the thirty dollar price may be a part of a pre-order/launch deal to reward early adopters. After this “promotional period”, the game’s price would increase. So, if you’ve found yourself interested in Anarchy Reigns, grabbing a copy early may be the best option for you and your wallet."

[quote name='SonOfMan']I haven't read through all pages so excuse me if this has been said already. Perhaps this may help clear up some confusion that has lingered.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/06/rumor-anarchy-reigns-launching-with-budget-price/

"Anarchy Reigns recently received a huge delay, pushing the title into 2013. Fortunately, it’s not all bad news regarding SEGA’s upcoming action game.

Three major retailers — GameStop, Buy.com and FutureShop — have updated their listings for Anarchy Reigns and given the game an extremely low $29.99 price point. SEGA has yet to announce an official retail price, so there’s still a chance that the price could change before launch.

Certain outlets have begun speculating that the thirty dollar price may be a part of a pre-order/launch deal to reward early adopters. After this “promotional period”, the game’s price would increase. So, if you’ve found yourself interested in Anarchy Reigns, grabbing a copy early may be the best option for you and your wallet."[/QUOTE]
What does this have to do with anything? Some people assume it's part of a limited promotion and now it's relevant? It could just as easily be a price mistake or something someone did without asking. The same thing happened with Dragons Crown and it could just as easily happen here.

[quote name='admiralvic']What does this have to do with anything? Some people assume it's part of a limited promotion and now it's relevant? It could just as easily be a price mistake or something someone did without asking. The same thing happened with Dragons Crown and it could just as easily happen here.[/QUOTE]

Remember, Sega hasn't been doing well so I wouldn't be surprised they're going with this just to sell more copies. If true then this will be an interesting marketing way to sell their games or for any company.

I remember the good old days when 2k5 for NBA and NFL went against EA and had those game priced for only 20 dollars! EA went ahead but had a 30 dollar price tag on Live and regular price for shitty Madden.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Remember, Sega hasn't been doing well so I wouldn't be surprised they're going with this just to sell more copies. If true then this will be an interesting marketing way to sell their games or for any company.

I remember the good old days when 2k5 for NBA and NFL went against EA and had those game priced for only 20 dollars! EA went ahead but had a 30 dollar price tag on Live and regular price for shitty Madden.[/QUOTE]

Let me clarify. I am not saying that it can't be true / won't happen, but I am saying that some sites speculating that this is a promotion does not "clear up some confusion that has lingered."

[quote name='admiralvic']Let me clarify. I am not saying that it can't be true / won't happen, but I am saying that some sites speculating that this is a promotion does not "clear up some confusion that has lingered."[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to say that just assuming something doesn't make it true?

I'm going to have to call bs on that.

[quote name='admiralvic']Let me clarify. I am not saying that it can't be true / won't happen, but I am saying that some sites speculating that this is a promotion does not "clear up some confusion that has lingered."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']Are you trying to say that just assuming something doesn't make it true?

I'm going to have to call bs on that.[/QUOTE]

admiralvic Can't Accurately Quote A Single Line In My Post. In effect my unedited post reflects I actually qualified the comment with Perhaps.

My perception is that chronically angry people often seem to think their anger is “righteous” & whoever is on the receiving end is at fault somehow & deserving of their righteous anger.

Thanks for the info SonOfMan, sucks that it has been pushed to 2013.

I honestly don't know what you guys are arguing about. If you want to spend the minor extra effort of monitoring your preorder and price fluctuations, then simply preorder it.

bread's done
Back