Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
King of dragonpass is 40% off.

If you don't mind the annoying Google Play Games integration that keeps bugging you to use it, it's a very nice game.

That being said.. I do mind.

I bought Secret of Mana (which is/was on sale for $4), and though the controls are a bit wonky, it's a pretty good port.

Star Wars Kotor runs just fine on my tablet as I expected it would at least during the escape from the first ship. Controls take a little getting used to. Now to go buy the game and hope for official support soon. Also picked up goat simulator because I've almost bitten on it for the pc numerous times. If a decent Android TV device ever got released I may just bite but even Google wants to half ass it.

By rule, even with the sales, I stay away from Gameloft/EA Games unless they're free.

Also, has anyone else not been able to install Worms 3 from the Amazon App Store?

Hitman GO is Android, not Kindle-only. I have it from Amazon on my Moto X.
Edited, I just tried to group the Squenix games together. Id spend more coins if the other FF were on sale. Damn Amazon... :bs:

By rule, even with the sales, I stay away from Gameloft/EA Games unless they're free.
I was interested in The Dark Knight Rises since I hear its like a mobile Arkham game. Every sale I always pass it up though, probably because it is a gameloft game.

Edited, I just tried to group the Squenix games together. Id spend more coins if the other FF were on sale. Damn Amazon... :bs:

I was interested in The Dark Knight Rises since I hear its like a mobile Arkham game. Every sale I always pass it up though, probably because it is a gameloft game.
Ahh, didja miss Final Fantasy IV for 50% off back ~12 September? That one is Android as well, shame about Final Fantasy III being Kindle-only on Amazon.

I just thought it was worth pointing it out, since I really like Hitman GO.

It's been a while since I've bothered with a gameloft game..

Ahh, didja miss Final Fantasy IV for 50% off back ~12 September? That one is Android as well, shame about Final Fantasy III being Kindle-only on Amazon.
I remembered it did go on sale, but I took the plunge on it when we all got that huge boat load of Amazon coins from GTA:SA. Its like Xbox; things never go on sale until AFTER you buy them and use all your spacebucks!

I did get Chaos Rings last time it went on sale on Amazon. Im surprised they arent PM'ing those games this time.

I remembered it did go on sale, but I took the plunge on it when we all got that huge boat load of Amazon coins from GTA:SA. Its like Xbox; things never go on sale until AFTER you buy them and use all your spacebucks!

I did get Chaos Rings last time it went on sale on Amazon. Im surprised they arent PM'ing those games this time.
Yeah, I just checked 3camel and saw I missed the Chaos Rings sale on 15 October... >.< October was extremely busy for me.

Sure you already got all your free apps from Amazon today, but you want more dont you?

Got coins? Got Kindle? Well here's some deals for you!

[*]Castle of illusion $0.79
[*]Goat Simulator $0.99
Glad amazon price matched as I do have coins. I am dubious as to their claims that my fire TV is supported by castle of illusion and goat simulator since I have the stick and not the TV. It claims to be sending the first to it though guess I can boot it later and check before I debate double dipping on goat simulator. Seems a waste since I have yet to invest in a controller, but if castle of illusion actually loads, I might debate snagging one if there is a post Christmas sale.

In other news the movie, The Interview is available on Google Play

well that was an abrupt ending to an amazon app sale.
I was in the middle of buying FFIII and the price changed back.
Looks like they changed back for a bunch of them.

well that was an abrupt ending to an amazon app sale. I was in the middle of buying FFIII and the price changed back. Looks like they changed back for a bunch of them.
This is what always happens, I post a deal & magically they change half of what I was looking at. I missed out on FF 3 myself.

Probably also why I always have coins, my procrastination saves me from impulse buying.

I'll buy it later, oh well sales over, guess I didnt really want it. Then wait for free app of the day.

Seriously though, I dig through Amazon Daily & many of what I posted were only on sale for today and only a brief amount of time. I guess Whoever got their Pm's bought what they wanted and they changed it back after they did. Im sure thats not how it works, but you never know.

OK
Now FFIII and some of the other stuff that I saw go off sale last night are back on sale.
It's a holiday miracle.
.......... *snicker*
Hurry, get em while you can! Before the almighty Amazon shows their power again & takes them away.

Or hell just wait for more free coins or a free app of the day, you cant trick me Amazon!

Flipped back a few pages and didn't see anything mentioned. There's a Days of Wonder sale:

Ticket to Ride: $2.99 Play/$4.99 Amazon (reg $6.99)
Small World 2: $2.99 Play/$4.99 Amazon (reg $9.99)

Dumb question, but I just got an email saying that I received a $1 promotional credit on Amazon from buying a free app earlier to be used for a music MP3 purchase on Amazon.  How can this $1 credit be used to buy a $1 game app?  I know that I have seen you guys mention this practice before, but I don't really use Amazon, so I'm hoping that someone can answer my question.  Thanks.

Dumb question, but I just got an email saying that I received a $1 promotional credit on Amazon from buying a free app earlier to be used for a music MP3 purchase on Amazon. How can this $1 credit be used to buy a $1 game app? I know that I have seen you guys mention this practice before, but I don't really use Amazon, so I'm hoping that someone can answer my question. Thanks.
That's $1 mp3 credit which has nothing to do with apps. You need amazon coins or apps credit.

I'm new to Android gaming. I just got an Nvidia Shield Tablet. I've had a Galaxy S5 for awhile but normally detest touchscreen gaming on a tiny phone. I've ordered a controller for the tablet that should be here in a few days.

Recommend games. I got Modern Combat 5 and Goat Simulator already. Modern Combat 5 is alright, but you can definitely tell it was a mobile game thrown together in a week. It's impossible to play without a controller as well. I just can't do it.

I would prefer non-F2P, as I refuse to link my Facebook account and spam the crap out of my friends.

I see quite a few good ones like Castle of Illusion and Terraria on sale, but I have both of those on Steam already and don't feel like having two save files going. I made an exception for Goat Simulator since it's a perfect pick-up-and-play game in short bursts and a saved progress is fairly irrelevant.

Is there an advantage to buying games on Google Play instead of Amazon, or vice versa? I noticed a couple games I got on Google Play had cloud save storage, I'm assuming the games from Amazon won't have that, correct?

I'm new to Android gaming. I just got an Nvidia Shield Tablet. I've had a Galaxy S5 for awhile but normally detest touchscreen gaming on a tiny phone. I've ordered a controller for the tablet that should be here in a few days.

Recommend games. I got Modern Combat 5 and Goat Simulator already. Modern Combat 5 is alright, but you can definitely tell it was a mobile game thrown together in a week. It's impossible to play without a controller as well. I just can't do it.

I would prefer non-F2P, as I refuse to link my Facebook account and spam the crap out of my friends.

I see quite a few good ones like Castle of Illusion and Terraria on sale, but I have both of those on Steam already and don't feel like having two save files going. I made an exception for Goat Simulator since it's a perfect pick-up-and-play game in short bursts and a saved progress is fairly irrelevant.
I have a Shield Portable. I have linked to the list of Shield compatible Android games.

http://shield.nvidia.com/android-game-list/

Typically, the games on that list are much cheaper on Google Play than they are on Nvidia's site. I say that you can't go wrong with Sega and SNK games such as Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, King of the Fighters and Samurai Shodown. I would also suggest any of the numbered games in Final Fantasy series, Grand Theft Auto series and Soul Calibur, although Soul Calibur is a bit pricey but it's a decent port. And, I already owned Castle of Illusion, but I bought Terraria yesterday. If you're planning to take advantage of that sale that Terraria was a part of, you should also buy Leo's Fortune before it goes off sale.

I have a Shield Portable. I have linked to the list of Shield compatible Android games.

http://shield.nvidia.com/android-game-list/

Typically, the games on that list are much cheaper on Google Play than they are on Nvidia's site. I say that you can't go wrong with Sega and SNK games such as Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, King of the Fighters and Samurai Shodown. I would also suggest any of the numbered games in Final Fantasy series, Grand Theft Auto series and Soul Calibur, although Soul Calibur is a bit pricey but it's a decent port. And, I already owned Castle of Illusion, but I bought Terraria yesterday. If you're planning to take advantage of that sale that Terraria was a part of, you should also buy Leo's Fortune before it goes off sale.
Neat, thank you. I actually just assumed most controller-enabled games would support the Shield controller. I had big emulation plans once my Shield controller comes in the mail, hopefully I'm not let down. I see some emulators on that list without Shield support.

If you like classic rpgs they are starting to make their way to Android. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 have both gotten ports and work well on a tablet. Knights of the Old Republic came out this week. Touch controls aren't too bad but do take some getting used to. It's 50% off right now. Only has limited device compatibility currently though. Shadowrun Returns is a great tactical rpg that's on sale for 99 cents. There's a lot of great board game adaptations like small world 2, sentinels of the multiverse, and Talisman.

Is there an advantage to buying games on Google Play instead of Amazon, or vice versa? I noticed a couple games I got on Google Play had cloud save storage, I'm assuming the games from Amazon won't have that, correct?
I might be mistaken but I don't think you can use Google Play on an Amazon device but you can use Amazon Apps store on Android devices for sure so I would do it through Amazon for future possibilities. Then again, maybe not all Android games are compatible on Fires so it wouldn't matter, I know there are Fire specific versions of games. Maybe a Fire expert can clarify that.

Not sure about cloud saves, Amazon dose have Game Circle but I haven't looked into what that includes.

Faster updates... And apparently Amazon adds some kind of proprietary code to their apps. I read it on XDA but I can't find the source atm.

If you're paying real money, and don't own a Kindle Fire/FireOS device there really isn't any reason to buy an app on Amazon.  Google Play has gets faster app updates and less funny "your device isn't compatible"* issues.

Amazon does have the odd deal now and then that I do buy.

A number of us in the thread have a lot of "Amazon Coins" from past promotions that we're interested in making good use of (since Amazon's selection is much smaller than GPlay's).

*FireOS is missing some key parts of Google services/android and has different code/method to determine device compatibility.  

Neat, thank you. I actually just assumed most controller-enabled games would support the Shield controller. I had big emulation plans once my Shield controller comes in the mail, hopefully I'm not let down. I see some emulators on that list without Shield support.
Emu talk is frowned upon on CAG, but all of the emus on that list work on Shield. They're just not optimized for Shield. None of them are optimized for Shield. Personally, I would suggest using any of the emus created by Robert Broglia that are on Google Play, although many Shield owners swear by Retroarch which includes several emus in one app. I've had better success buying his individually.

And, of course, by emu, I mean the bird. ;-)

If you're paying real money, and don't own a Kindle Fire/FireOS device there really isn't any reason to buy an app on Amazon. Google Play has gets faster app updates and less funny "your device isn't compatible"* issues.

Amazon does have the odd deal now and then that I do buy.

A number of us in the thread have a lot of "Amazon Coins" from past promotions that we're interested in making good use of (since Amazon's selection is much smaller than GPlay's).

*FireOS is missing some key parts of Google services/android and has different code/method to determine device compatibility.
I actually have 1000 coins from a promo that someone posted here awhile back. I'm waiting to use it on an app that I wouldn't rather have from Google Play.

What's the best way to earn Amazon coins? Just from buying the games with bonus coins? Seems like it would take a long time to get a decent amount.  I'm relatively new to Android so I never paid attention to them before. 

What's the best way to earn Amazon coins? Just from buying the games with bonus coins? Seems like it would take a long time to get a decent amount. I'm relatively new to Android so I never paid attention to them before.
They have certain promotions and give a ways during the year. I thnk they gave away 2000 coins if you "bought" GTA last year.

What's the best way to earn Amazon coins? Just from buying the games with bonus coins? Seems like it would take a long time to get a decent amount. I'm relatively new to Android so I never paid attention to them before.
The best way is to probably check this thread. There's some posters that are pretty good about giving a head's up to any deals with coins. Unless there's a massive outpour like last year though, I wouldn't worry about it. Amazon apps tend to have more compatibility issues and receive slower or no updates. Most of the time they share sales with Google play unless it's a freebie amazon is giving out. I'm not saying don't go for free stuff of course. That's anti CAG just that I wouldn't go crazy on stuff just for coins.

Edit: and sometimes you will wind up with coins for God knows what item you got that had a promotion. Like the 500 I discovered last night.

bread's done
Back