Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

buggers, i was trying to do a little online action, but all of my friends were had closed doors. i might have to make some changes.

i did though play mario kart, which i hadn't done in a while. and i had a great 3 hours session. ah, i miss mario kart.

I finally got my Town Fountain today, but I can't use it because that jerk Tortimer is standing right in front of it :bomb:. Go have fun with the fountain he says, well good luck trying because you won't move your old ass :bomb:

YAY we have a fountain.
I threw my axe in, Serena asked what I threw in and I told her a Silver Axe and she played me :rofl:

What's the proper answer in order to get a Silver/Gold?
My BF told her "Regular Axe" and she was like "Hmm well at least you're telling the truth.." and gave him his axe back.

I know this is all about luck, but does it matter what answer you choose?

[quote name='darkpumpkin']Hello,

I have been searching for fellow Crossers to add onto my friend list.

Here is my info:

FC: 3910-1235-3914
Name: Ash
Town: Cadeau
Fruit: Peaches
[/quote]

I will add you tonight when I go on. Here is my info

Name:paul
Town: Mars
Friend Code: 2449-9012-2147

[quote name='lilboo']YAY we have a fountain.
I threw my axe in, Serena asked what I threw in and I told her a Silver Axe and she played me :rofl:

What's the proper answer in order to get a Silver/Gold?
My BF told her "Regular Axe" and she was like "Hmm well at least you're telling the truth.." and gave him his axe back.

I know this is all about luck, but does it matter what answer you choose?[/QUOTE]

Always tell the truth! You won't be able to get an axe at least from my experience. As far as when she asks, "How do I look?", I don't remember what I answered but I think it could go either way. I got positive responses for being honest most of the time.

When you get the sliders asking you to grade on certain questions, don't move it. It seems that if you move it any it screws up your chances of getting the axe.

I once told her i through in a golden axe and she was like, oh really, well im going to keep it. It really pisses me off though when she just says something and i dont even get a shot to get my axe back.

Anyway i know a few people PMed me with their codes. Ill add you soon. I just havent been in the mood to play this lately. I usually just run through my town when i wake up and its getting boring. I got so many shirts and stuff, i dont want to clean my virtual house up. LOL. Right now the only thing i can do for fun is fish, and try to get that damn silver or golden axe.

Oh yeah one of the hybrid flowers disappeared, that pissed me off.

I donated for my fountain yesterday. Now I'm just waiting for them to finish building it. I want a silver/golden axe! I have to chop down a lot of the trees I planted for a perfect town rating.

I've needed to make this list for a while, and it'll be updated very soon, but anyway.

Mushroom Theme Items:
Closet x2
Chair

Fossils:
Peking Man x2
Plesio Skull

Gyros:
Mega Dekkoid
Mini Tempanoid
Mega Nebuloid
Tall Quazoid
Mini Sputnoid
Mini Gargloid
Mini Tootoid
Squat Dingloid
Tall Buzzoid

I'm still slowly TTing my way back to the present date so I'm not longer behind schedule. :p

[quote name='ProfWho']I will add you tonight when I go on. Here is my info

Name:paul
Town: Mars
Friend Code: 2449-9012-2147[/quote]

Thanks a bunch! I will add you on as soon as I load the game up in a few. My wifi connection has been a bit schizo the past 2 days, but I am coming to check and make sure my system is all up to date.

[quote name='Knoxximus']Hey Strell! Did you ever add me? Eye kan haz hart nex 2 Tazmilly?[/QUOTE]

Good question - I'm not sure if Strell ever added me or not. :whistle2:k

I suspect Strell has run into the dreaded 32 friend limit. It really is pretty ridiculous. Either that or he is, rightly, suspicious of us. :)

The other day I learned something - some items can't be bought from your catalog. I shot down both a Starman and a Canon and me, being the slightly generous sort gave them to my kids, figuring I could buy them anyway. Alas, "not for purchase". I should have known.

I think I need to add ProfWho and darkpumpkin - I'll do so tonight. My info is in an earlier message - I don't have it handy right now. Please add me. My friend list is filled, but 90% still haven't added me, such as that Io guy and that Strell guy. When will they get the axe? :)

EDIT: here's my info again:

FC: 1247-3058-0049
Name: Daddy
Town: Maxwii
Fruit: Cherry

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']I think I need to add ProfWho and darkpumpkin - I'll do so tonight. My info is in an earlier message - I don't have it handy right now. Please add me. My friend list is filled, but 90% still haven't added me, such as that Io guy and that Strell guy. When will they get the axe? :)[/quote]

I will add you tonight when I go on.

[quote name='crunchewy']I suspect Strell has run into the dreaded 32 friend limit. It really is pretty ridiculous. Either that or he is, rightly, suspicious of us. :)
[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Also, Gothic smells. I can't have smelly aquatic mammals on my list, dammit. Not after what happened last time.

When I get back into regular time, I'll see if there are any stragglers on my list, and drop them like [sassy 2008 celebrity reference]. 32 friends is abnormally low. This game is billed more as a communicative multiplayer game than, say, Brawl was, and I hit the stupid limit on that one too.

Here's hoping the next system fixes all this with a unified code and a hard drive....

But anyway, yes, I'm at the limit. :( I actually spent a good portion of yesterday writing a big text file full of everyone's AC name/number/town, with the intention of printing it out and keeping it near my system.

It sounds pathetic...because it is!

I'm definitely falling behind schedule, so lots of TTing is in order for me. I'll be damned if I miss a single K.K. song.

Also, my marquee has had the same emotions available for 3 weeks now. Kinda lame. When exactly do the new ones appear? I thought it was every Sunday, but now I'm not so sure.

[quote name='dmunkee']Also, my marquee has had the same emotions available for 3 weeks now. Kinda lame. When exactly do the new ones appear? I thought it was every Sunday, but now I'm not so sure.[/quote]

My marquee gets new emotions every Sunday. That's weird that you're not getting new ones.

I finally got to throw my Axe into the fountain, but I got no bonus :( I managed to get to Gold status at Nook's thanks to about 15 Triforces. Maybe I should go back and get some more so I can get Platinum Status. Friga also moved into my town, so I guess I have 10 neighbors again.

I also figured out that as long as flowers are there, grass doesn't deplete on that one spot. Even if it's just dirt, grass will grow.

Let's just plant flowers everywhere then. Someone should make a No Running sign, to go along with this.

Anyone believe they implemented this system because one of the developers is secretly gay?

The flowers mainly act as a safeguard from walking over grass. It still takes a few months for grass to grow back (A pretty big blunder on Nintendo's part, which is unlike them)

IGNORE my signature info. LOL. My new FC is 4940-9750-0675 Name: Angela Town: Kingston

Hi! Just wanted to post and see is anyone needs these fossils. I could sell them......but if someone needs them I would rather just give them away like someone gave them to me. :)

mammoth torso
dimetrodon tail
iquanodon tail
ankylo skull
ptera right wing

PM me if you need any of them, I will add you if I don't have you already. :)

I just got AC: CF for Christmas, and my town is still pretty pitiful. Anyone want to help me out with some fruit? I'll go back through the thread and add some folks before the Eagles game starts. Gates are open and I'll be in and out periodically.

Name: Ruth
Town: Kingston
Friend Code: 1462-0701-5648
Fruit: Apples

I think Nintendo screwed Winter up in this game, Snow will not fall on dirt, thus causing not much snow to be on the ground. Then you have 3 seasons where you walk on the grass a lot, then Winter comes and you have barely any snow.

after about 2 weeks :bouncy: finally got my silver axe at first she keep on giving them back then started keeping them then today all i did was answer one question which was what kind of axe i threw in a regular axe & she was nice enough to give me a silver axe :applause:

r1cy0w.jpg

so how exactly do the season work? say i bought the game tomorrow, will it ask me for like the date and go automatically to the season i am in?

I spent way too much time playing today. Nook's shop had a 5x multiplier on the reward points for everything I bought. I bought out the store...then sold almost everything I had...then fished so I could buy some more. :oops:

But on the plus side, I elevated myself from a Bronze member to a Gold member in the space of the day, and also got enough to buy myself my new outfit. It'll take a few days to get the pieces, but it'll be worth it. :)

i cleared out a few folks from my friends list today. i actually checked out some of the cags i hadn't seen for a while on this forum. it took a while, but i enjoyed the search. i dropped everyone who hadn't made a post past mid december. i felt a little bad. but i bet that most of those people have just quit playing.

for the first time, i thought about not buying turnips this week. i have over 3 million bells, and everything has been payed off. except for a windmill, which i'll get to this week. but i really like buying and selling turnips. so i did. i filled my upper and lowers floors with them. which added up to around a million bells worth.

edit - since i now have some empty space in my friends list. please feel free to add me if you haven't yet. just send me a pm.

I threw my first ax into the fountain today. I didn't know what I was supposed to do so I told her it was a gold ax. wrong answer. ;)

Yeah, feel free to delete me if any of your guys are running out of room on your Friend List. I don't play this as often as I used to.

May give out some of my stuff one day...

[quote name='buttle']i cleared out a few folks from my friends list today. i actually checked out some of the cags i hadn't seen for a while on this forum. it took a while, but i enjoyed the search. i dropped everyone who hadn't made a post past mid december. i felt a little bad. but i bet that most of those people have just quit playing.

for the first time, i thought about not buying turnips this week. i have over 3 million bells, and everything has been payed off. except for a windmill, which i'll get to this week. but i really like buying and selling turnips. so i did. i filled my upper and lowers floors with them. which added up to around a million bells worth.

edit - since i now have some empty space in my friends list. please feel free to add me if you haven't yet. just send me a pm.[/QUOTE]

hey buttle, i think i got your little cry baby cat in my town, I forgot where she said she was from
anyway to make her tell you again?

[quote name='suko_32']Yeah, feel free to delete me if any of your guys are running out of room on your Friend List. I don't play this as often as I used to.

May give out some of my stuff one day...[/quote]

Same here. I didnt even play today. And nook was opening his new shop too. But i had football to watch. By the time i thought about playing, the store was closed and i decided not to turn it on.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']hey buttle, i think i got your little cry baby cat in my town, I forgot where she said she was from
anyway to make her tell you again?[/QUOTE]

not that i know of. i'm not sure what i've got at the moment. but i've had way to many cats in my town. i'm always jealous of the animals i see in other towns.

well i'm glad to rid of at least be rid of one cat.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Same here. I didnt even play today. And nook was opening his new shop too. But i had football to watch. By the time i thought about playing, the store was closed and i decided not to turn it on.[/QUOTE]

for me, i played a little AC, then went to a coffee shop, bought some groceries. and settled down for the 1:30(pacific) time game. it wasn't until after the game that i realized that there was a morning game i had missed. for some dumb reason, i assumed that the 2 games would be the same times as saturday. stupid stupid stupid.

at it looks like that miami super bowl winner pick was also a bad choice.

The Ravens won. Yeah! The Colts lost. Yeah! There was no more football to watch, so what was the problem? ;^) Well, I'm not actually a huge football fan, though I do like football and do watch it sometimes and will watch the Ravens in the playoffs. Really I only started to watch football this season once we got an HDTV because it was in HDTV. Funny, that. I love having an antenna. I am a *HUGE* antenna fan now. Go antenna!

Last night I opened my gates and Rose and Romeo came to visit. I didn't have a lot of time and there was one disconnect for some reason, but in the end Rose got her fruits, including many brought by Romeo, and it was a good time. I know this game will get boring eventually, but so far I'm really enjoying it. The online component definitely adds to the game. I think I've already got buttle in my friends list, but I'll double-check that tonight and will PM my info to you then.

Also, I got to experience WiiSpeak use when my kids played with their cousin on Saturday morning. WiiSpeak has it's pluses and minuses. First, it worked well even though we have the slowest DSL service available from Verizon. No dropouts or anything. Sound quality wasn't great, but it was good enough. I wonder if it's higher quality on a faster connection or if it is the same? One oddity about WiiSpeak is that you aren't suppose to adjust the volume on your TV after a connection is established, which seems like a pretty lousy limitation. Presumably this has to do with avoiding echoing/feedback. I didn't try adjusting the volume as we didn't need to, but what if you couldn't hear what the other person was saying? Perhaps you could turn off WiiSpeak, adjust the volume, and then turn it back on and then it would adjust to the new volume - I'm not sure. Requires experimentation. One problem is that if you aren't typing, then you don't have any visual indication of where other people are unless you can actually see them. This can be remedied by typing something periodically. They should have had a little WiiSpeak icon bubble floating above you at all times, at least optionally, that would serve that purpose. Lastly, there is definitely charm lost. For me, I think I would much rather play with text chat and that's how I'll play. However, and this is a big however, for my kids, WiiSpeak is fantastic. They can't type on a keyboard with anything even close to something slightly reminiscent of speed. It's like, H...............E........L...L......................O............! For them, WiiSpeak is perfect. Plus they get a huge kick out of being able to play the game with and hear their cousin on the TV. My 7 year old was so excited he was running back and forth and fell down several times from sliding on our wood floors in his sock feet. :)

Who gets the Kat items in this game? Just the person who brought the daughter or do both players get an item this time?

[quote name='KingBroly']Who gets the Kat items in this game? Just the person who brought the daughter or do both players get an item this time?[/quote]

Person who does the brining gets the gift.

[quote name='MidnightRain']I just got AC: CF for Christmas, and my town is still pretty pitiful. Anyone want to help me out with some fruit? I'll go back through the thread and add some folks before the Eagles game starts. Gates are open and I'll be in and out periodically.

Name: Ruth
Town: Kingston
Friend Code: 1462-0701-5648
Fruit: Apples
[/quote]

I'll be happy to add you. My info again is:

Name: Ash
Town: Cadeau
FC: 3910-1235-3914
Fruit: Peaches

[quote name='The 7th Number']My flowers keep dying now. I spent all that time planting them, and sorting them. Now they die. Thanks AC.[/quote]

That's why you water them. ;)
Or pray for rain.

That was my biggest problem with Wild World, and it made it's way to City Folk too. It gives you no indication that you've watered something correctly. In WW I had hundreds of hybrids around my town, but every day I would run around and see chunks of missing flowers because I had somehow messed up trying to water them the day before. It didn't help that there was an average of 30-40 newly wilted flowers every day.

At least City Folk seems to have cut down on the number of wilted flowers you get. I noticed they wilt about every other day, and the rain/snow usually gives me a break.
--
I so want to play AC right now and you guys are purposely not playing! :lol:

bread's done
Back