Animal Crossing New Leaf

Made some good progress this weekend by paying off the Dream Suite, the second floor of the museum, my new basement, and getting started on the police station and side room. Won the Bug Off with a birdwing butterfly that is more common in my town now that it's summertime. I like that I can more easily get some of those pricy beetles and butterflies in my town than having to go to the island, so I can make some steady growth in cash reserves during my off days.

Stalk market man, stalk market.

Buy as many turnips as you can, watch for 300-400+ prices from fellow CAGs here (in case you don't get them in your town), after a couple weeks you'll never have to worry about bells again.  Especially once the home upgrades are paid off.

Here's some progress from me:

- One house payment away until I can break Nook's legs (it's the secret ending!)

- Bought 6,000 turnips (Had to go to Gamefaqs because my Joan was selling them for 109 each)

- Vladimir moved out right under my nose

- I'm currently on Day 3 of 14 consecutive Perfect Days to get the Golden Watering Can

- I've got a Beautiful Town ordinance going so I can produce more Hybrid Flowers

- I didn't even come in third in the Bug Off ;_;

- I'm a Bill Blaster and a Question Mark Block away from having a COMPLETE Nintendo item set

- My Nook's is upgrading today, and it's taking the Flower Shop with it (FINALLY, I can buy Fertilizer!)

- Managed to get my 3rd item donated to Redd's Gallery

Pretty productive I week overall I have to say.  I hope you guys are telling people about Katrina being in town, since if you have your fortune told from her 20 times you get her shop in town (it's the hardest shop to get besides the final Nook upgrade).  I hope I can keep the 14 day streak alive for the Golden Watering Can though.

- One house payment away until I can break Nook's legs (it's the secret ending!)

- Bought 6,000 turnips (Had to go to Gamefaqs because my Joan was selling them for 109 each)

- I'm currently on Day 3 of 14 consecutive Perfect Days to get the Golden Watering Can

- I've got a Beautiful Town ordinance going so I can produce more Hybrid Flowers

- I'm a Bill Blaster and a Question Mark Block away from having a COMPLETE Nintendo item set

- My Nook's is upgrading today, and it's taking the Flower Shop with it (FINALLY, I can buy Fertilizer!)

Pretty productive I week overall I have to say. I hope you guys are telling people about Katrina being in town, since if you have your fortune told from her 20 times you get her shop in town (it's the hardest shop to get besides the final Nook upgrade). I hope I can keep the 14 day streak alive for the Golden Watering Can though.
How long do her fortunes last? Since I usually catch her at night after work, I wondered if I only get a few hours of "luck" wearing her prescribed item, or if it lasts the week...

I'm still trying to get the damned police station, and the cube thing I saw in someone's town. Did build a balloon arch, so there's that.

Shunted my fossils off to one of my alt characters in my town for storage. Going to do the same for the balloon stuff. Easier to track and catalog, plus furniture I don't have to buy for them.

I have an extra ? block. (My Nintendo room in my museum has multiples, and is just about to where I want it)

I can't seem to find info on what furniture sets are for the "Trendy" HHA challenge after you finish your house upgrades.

Pretty productive I week overall I have to say. I hope you guys are telling people about Katrina being in town, since if you have your fortune told from her 20 times you get her shop in town (it's the hardest shop to get besides the final Nook upgrade). I hope I can keep the 14 day streak alive for the Golden Watering Can though.
Wifi visitors don't count towards the 20 fortunes read unfortunately. Beautiful ordinance doesn't mean you will grow more hybrids. The ordinance makes it so you don't have to spend the time to water the flowers you have and will not wilt, which will make your perfect town status easier. You still need to water the flowers that will produce hybrids to get a better chance for them to grow.

I'm still trying to get the damned police station, and the cube thing I saw in someone's town. Did build a balloon arch, so there's that.

Shunted my fossils off to one of my alt characters in my town for storage. Going to do the same for the balloon stuff. Easier to track and catalog, plus furniture I don't have to buy for them.

I have an extra ? block. (My Nintendo room in my museum has multiples, and is just about to where I want it)

I can't seem to find info on what furniture sets are for the "Trendy" HHA challenge after you finish your house upgrades.
Trendy

Astro, Classic, Gorgeous, Gracie, Harvest, Minimalist, Modern, Polka dot, Sleek and Stripe

I have three Bill Blaster's. I'm sure I could part with one. Msg me your 3DS FC and I'll give you one later.

I got one yesterday and accidentally sold it with other stuff (thought I had already put it in storage). :whistle2:(
I've had one for a few weeks and while it may have just been sheer coincidence, the first night when I wore it, it seemed to improve my chances of finding rare bugs.

On one island bug hunt, I came across only two golden stags. On my next trip immediately afterwards, I wore the clover and came back with 20 golden stags. Since then, any possible luck has been minimal at best; so I'm pretty sure it was just coincidental.

Finally got the mannequin from Labelle. You can only get those 3 right?

Turnip prices started the week at 97 this am.

3 from able sisters and 1 from gracie. Alteady got 3. Just wish my t&t supermart will already expand.

Wifi visitors don't count towards the 20 fortunes read unfortunately. Beautiful ordinance doesn't mean you will grow more hybrids. The ordinance makes it so you don't have to spend the time to water the flowers you have and will not wilt, which will make your perfect town status easier. You still need to water the flowers that will produce hybrids to get a better chance for them to grow.

Trendy

Astro, Classic, Gorgeous, Gracie, Harvest, Minimalist, Modern, Polka dot, Sleek and Stripe
Sleek, Astro, and Minimalist are already 3 of my rooms.

My 4 (or the first room you get) is done more museum/parlor style. Maybe I should re-do it then. Stuck around 170k points.

My upstairs is Robo/Mad scientist. I should change that, then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot which CAG stopped by yesterday and needed a few fossils off my list so just PM me whenever.

Updated extra stuff now with Turnip prices https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1dHQkdR3SBdDFzTmF2ZDQwNUNlWlMxWW0tdGJlTkE&usp=sharing
I think I can knock all your fossil needs off the list.

Sadly, you don't have either of the 2 I need to finish town 1.

I wish the Yoshi Egg would have sat on the display stand. I planned my room for it and now need to adjust,

Man, hopefully my T&T closes soon. :(  And I too have had no luck with the police station. :(

I got the silver watering can today finally, several days after I got my gold watering can. :lol:

Man, hopefully my T&T closes soon. :( And I too have had no luck with the police station. :(

I got the silver watering can today finally, several days after I got my gold watering can. :lol:
I'm still stuck with the regular. Apparently I've had a perfect town for a while and never realized it. Keeps growing Jacob's Ladders.

Good prices are rare the first few days it seems--makes sense as I guess they can only happen to someone who's on the random pattern for the week.

Otherwise it's wait and see if someone here is on the high spike pattern, seems Wed-Friday have been the common days high prices have popped up in the thread thus far.

You have to have a balance between developed and non-developed areas.  I had 12 PWP's built, and a good amount of flowers/trees built.

Bluesilo, my town is open.

Gimme a second while I type this out.  This isn't on the first day though, but it's something to this effect.

""Goodness gracious! I can say that, even from an academic standpoint, this town is simply the best! Hoo!" The survey also says the citizens feel ____ is the best town ever! They never want to leave! Let's both do our best to ensure that ____ is always a clean, happy place to live!""

Thanks, I appreciate the thoroughness. She's been saying that to me quite a while, I must be really close to that good watering can.

Sleek, Astro, and Minimalist are already 3 of my rooms.

My 4 (or the first room you get) is done more museum/parlor style. Maybe I should re-do it then. Stuck around 170k points.

My upstairs is Robo/Mad scientist. I should change that, then.
You will get a good chunk of points from the exterior parts. I just hit 1.2 mil in points and only 3 of the 5 rooms have furniture sets that fit my theme challenge with scattered themed pieces around. Make sure nothing is on the floor. If you want stuff in your house, put everything on tables that fit the theme.

Here are the parts you should look for

Cyan Mailbox

Light-blue mailbox

Metal mailbox

Square mailbox

Stainless mailbox

Arched astro door

Arched beige door

Arched metal door

Arched pink door

Astro door

Beige door

Metal door

Pink door

Astro roof

Black modern roof

Concrete roof

Simple gray roof

Simple green roof

Blue Fence

Concrete Fence

Pink fence

Red-brick fence

Astro Exterior

Black Exterior

Blue exterior

Brown-brick exterior

Concrete exterior

Orange exterior

Pink exterior

Simple exterior

White-brick exterior

Anyone happen to have a blue mailbox in their town? Please drop me a PM or something if you do! I'll give you a cool 50,000 bells or so to let me nab it for my own store.

Updating my trade list. Have a good supply of Nintendo doubles and fossils that I'd like to get rid of if possible. My want list is dwindling, so it's ok if you don't have what I'm looking for. I'll probably just give it away, but I would appreciate something from my want list if you do have it! Thanks! I'll probably be opening my gates later on today, so if something catches your fancy let me know!

Items for trade

Nintendo:

• Toad hat
  • Kart
  • Yoshi's egg
  • Super Star
  • ? Block
  • Fire Bar
  • red Pikmin
  • Bad bro's stache
  • Big bro's stache
Fossils:

• Styraco tail
  • dimetrodon tail
  • tricera skull
  • tricera tail
  • stego skull
  • mammoth skull
  • dimetrodon torso
  • parasaur tail
  • ammonite
  • archelon skull
  • pachy torso x2
  • ankylo skull
  • diplo skull

Things I need:

Fossils:

Stegotaurus torso
Plesiosaur skull

Nintendo:

Midna's Mask

Music:
Pretty much everything

Catalog items (really want these badly!)

• Samurai Suit (furniture)
  • Samurai Wig
  • Samurai Helmet
  • Samurai Shirt

Updating my trade list. Have a good supply of Nintendo doubles and fossils that I'd like to get rid of if possible. My want list is dwindling, so it's ok if you don't have what I'm looking for. I'll probably just give it away, but I would appreciate something from my want list if you do have it! Thanks! I'll probably be opening my gates later on today, so if something catches your fancy let me know!

Items for trade

Nintendo:

• Peach's Parasol
  • Toad hat
  • Triforce
  • hero's pants
  • S.S. Dolphin
  • Fire Flower
  • Kart
  • Yoshi's egg
  • Super Star
  • ? Block
  • Fire Bar
  • Varia suit shoes
  • red Pikmin
Fossils:

• Styraco tail
  • dimetrodon tail
  • tricera skull
  • tricera tail
  • stego skull
  • mammoth skull
  • dimetrodon torso
  • parasaur tail
  • ammonite
  • archelon skull
  • pachy torso
  • ankylo skull

Things I need:

Fossils:

Stegotaurus torso
Iguanodon torso
Plesiosaur skull
Dinosaur track

Nintendo:
1-Up Mushroom

Arwing

Wii Balance Board

Pipe

Midna's Mask

Music:
Pretty much everything minus Techno and Milonga
I have an extra Wii Balance Board I can trade you. My FC is 3222-5566-9407, let me know if you add me.

My fortune cookie duplicates must go! It's fine if you don't have anything I need. Just want to get rid of these.

HAVE

big bro's mustache
Bill Blaster
block floor
Coin
mushroom mural x2
Pipe

Triple Bananas

NEED

Hero's Tunic
Majora's Mask
Midna Mask
blue Pikmin
Block
Green Shell
? Block
Kart
Master Sword
Virtual Boy
Wii Balance Board

FC: 4742-5601-9252 (PM if you add, so I can add you back)

I also have one extra cabana table, cabana wardrobe, and cabana vanity. The table and wardrobe were customized because I was curious what colorful looked like. :p I'll trade all three of these for one bottled ship from Club Tortimer.

Items for trade

Nintendo:

• Peach's Parasol
  • Toad hat
  • Triforce
  • hero's pants
  • S.S. Dolphin
  • Fire Flower
  • Kart
  • Yoshi's egg
  • Super Star
  • ? Block
  • Fire Bar
  • Varia suit shoes
  • red Pikmin
  • Bad bro's stache
  • Big bro's stache
Fossils:

• Styraco tail
  • dimetrodon tail
  • tricera skull
  • tricera tail
  • stego skull
  • mammoth skull
  • dimetrodon torso
  • parasaur tail
  • ammonite
  • archelon skull
  • pachy torso
  • ankylo skull

Things I need:

Fossils:

Stegotaurus torso
Iguanodon torso
Plesiosaur skull
Dinosaur track

Nintendo:
1-Up Mushroom

Arwing

Wii Balance Board

Pipe

Midna's Mask

Music:
Pretty much everything minus Techno and Milonga

Catalog items (really want these badly!)

• Samurai Suit (furniture)
  • Samurai Wig
  • Samurai Helmet
  • Samurai Shirt
I can give you 1-Up Mushroom, Arwing, and Pipe for the Dolphin, Fire Flower, and Peach's Parasol.

I have turnips at 497 this afternoon. I'm going to try and get online from work if not I'll open my gates at 530. Pm your friend code if I don't have you already, mine is on the spreadsheet. I'll post when I open the gates.

I have turnips at 497 this afternoon. I'm going to try and get online from work if not I'll open my gates at 530. Pm your friend code if I don't have you already, mine is on the spreadsheet. I'll post when I open the gates.
Pm'd you my fc. Will load up turnips and sell this evening. Thanks!

My turnip price pattern doesn't look promising so far: 97, 101, 128, 125.

bread's done
Back