Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
The Official Release is OOP, unless you're willing to drop a big sum of cash for it. If you don't care about it being a bootleg, try Ebay?

So on casetopia which cases would be the best for the volumes of Naruto? Any preference?

Scanavo is by far the top brand. The hinges are very sturdy and both the case and cover protector have such a high gloss finish that it enhances the cover art. If you got any of the thinner Bandai sets (like Geass Season 1 or the Bebop re-release set), those are Scanavo.

The others are not nearly as fancy, but they are good utility cases. As someone who has bought dozens of 3/4/5/6-disc cases off of Casetopia (and a secondary seller from eBay who sadly does not appear to be in business anymore), I can tell you that any of them will work.

Just make sure you get the right size. Standard DVD cases are 14mm thick.

Finished Attack on Titan the other day after seeing it pop up on Netflix. First anime season I have actually finished in quite a while. Slick animation; I was very impressed!

Finished Attack on Titan the other day after seeing it pop up on Netflix. First anime season I have actually finished in quite a while. Slick animation; I was very impressed!
Funimation is going to have a huge year (lol) thanks to that anime. Kind of curious to see how the dub will turn out.

Speaking of future announcements (from licensors) ... has anyone ever been to Katsucon? I'm going to my first one next month. I've been to Otakon for the past five years and I've skipped on Katsucon due to it never really having anything that interested me. I've been to the Gaylord for MAGFest so I'm familiar with the location but not with the con itself.

Yeap. I'm hoping for the best with the AoT dub.

Still hoping for the Gundam License being picked up, even if the chances are slim.

Yeap. I'm hoping for the best with the AoT dub.

Still hoping for the Gundam License being picked up, even if the chances are slim.
I think Funimation would be the only ones that would license it... if not, I'm sure our Japanese "friends" at Aniplex USA will license it just to make it absurdly expensive and almost impossible to buy.

I think Funimation would be the only ones that would license it... if not, I'm sure our Japanese "friends" at Aniplex USA will license it just to make it absurdly expensive and almost impossible to buy.
I totally agree. I'm leaning more on them since Eureka Seven got saved. The chances are low. But we can still hope.

Even though I love the Aniplex Boxsets, I don't want to buy it, not because I want too, it's just too expensive for my taste.

I totally agree. I'm leaning more on them since Eureka Seven got saved. The chances are low. But we can still hope.

Even though I love the Aniplex Boxsets, I don't want to buy it, not because I want too, it's just too expensive for my taste.
Well... if Aniplex does grab it, maybe Manga will release a $40 set(s) in the UK like they did with Madoka and Blue Exorcist. Although with Bandai Entertainment having what seemed like a dozen or more Gundam licenses, it would probably make Funimation a lot of $$$ just to re-release them all as anime classic sets.

That's the problem, it's a maybe. :lol:

I wouldn't mind what they do as long as it's released, and the Anime Classic Line is the most probable outcome. Even it is extremely unlikely, I hope they would dub Turn A and After War X Gundam as well.

Funimation wrote a blog post about the One Piece news.

Season 6 Voyage 1 will be released 5/13 (4 sets for 2014).

Also they said the Collections will come out more frequently. So my guess is probably every other month.

The problem with Gundam is that there is no "master license." Each series has to be licensed separately. FUNi MAY go after the older UC series, but I really only see them getting Wing, G, and the SEED-onward stuff. Except Build Fighters, which will probably go to Viz. Maiden Japan or Discotek are likely the only ones who would license Turn A, Victory, ZZ, or X.

Of course, all this is assuming Sunrise is even offering these series to people.

The problem with Gundam is that there is no "master license." Each series has to be licensed separately. FUNi MAY go after the older UC series, but I really only see them getting Wing, G, and the SEED-onward stuff. Except Build Fighters, which will probably go to Viz. Maiden Japan or Discotek are likely the only ones who would license Turn A, Victory, ZZ, or X.

Of course, all this is assuming Sunrise is even offering these series to people.
I really regret not grabbing any of the Universal Century Gundam dvds when they were still in print.

Some of it is pretty decent. Persona 4 Part I & II (BR) for $24.99 each. But its backordered.

Just a heads up, the majority of the Series on sale is $27.99 (Blu Ray). The DVDs are ($24.99). Other prices vary, like $11.99, $14.99, $4.99, etc

I'm considering a few of the titles, but they are essentially the same price or more expensive then they were in the year's end sales.

Thinking about Say I Love You, Btooom!, Kids on the Slope, and Kokoro Connect+OVAs. I'll most likely end up sitting around telling myself that I don't need any of it over and over until I end up not buying anything though. Thats how it went last time I considered picking these up. haha

Plus they don't have their own dedicated section anymore, as they're just thrown into the tv show section now.
The two I frequent have their own dedicated section (albeit small one) still, but I can't remember what section(s) they are next to.

Kokoro Connect and OVA worth buying at Best Buy for $27.99 and $17.99? I have seen them before but am unsure about the price history. Also been on debating getting Clannad/After Story and was wondering if the BD's go under $46 often. The DVD''s seem to always go on sale but not the Blu-rays :(

I never knew getting seasons of anime was cheaper to get the uk versions since the US has less episodes for the same price. Now I just need to find a good or decent bluray player that is multi region to start a collection any suggestions?

anime wasnt selling that well at bestbuy so they downsized their anime selection at each store which sucks :(
well it's not surprising given most of the time they are at least double the price of any online site :/

Some of it is pretty decent. Persona 4 Part I & II (BR) for $24.99 each. But its backordered.

Just a heads up, the majority of the Series on sale is $27.99 (Blu Ray). The DVDs are ($24.99). Other prices vary, like $11.99, $14.99, $4.99, etc
keep in mind that if you can't stand dubs that you should buy the persona dvds instead as the blu rays are dub only.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I'll join the backorder log for Btoom. Anyone seen Momo Girl God of Death? Worth it?

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time blu-ray is currently 4.99 GBP on amazon.co.uk. It came to 12.34 USD shipped for me. FYI, this title is NOT region free, so you'll need a multi-region player.

Kokoro Connect and OVA worth buying at Best Buy for $27.99 and $17.99? I have seen them before but am unsure about the price history. Also been on debating getting Clannad/After Story and was wondering if the BD's go under $46 often. The DVD''s seem to always go on sale but not the Blu-rays :(
Clannad's complete sets, for whatever reason, never really reach the price of other Sentai sets. Other than the odd eBay sale and the one great RightStuf sale, the cheapest I've seen the Blu-ray sets were $35.

Funimation is going to have a huge year (lol) thanks to that anime. Kind of curious to see how the dub will turn out.

Speaking of future announcements (from licensors) ... has anyone ever been to Katsucon? I'm going to my first one next month. I've been to Otakon for the past five years and I've skipped on Katsucon due to it never really having anything that interested me. I've been to the Gaylord for MAGFest so I'm familiar with the location but not with the con itself.
Katsucon is always a hit or miss, I went for 10 years and some years it was a great hit, other years it was a complete miss.

Now that I'm older, I'm picky about cons. It's all about reconnecting with friends, drinking, eating out, having fun. Unfortunately all my Katsu friends have moved on, or are still doing the same thing from 5-10 years ago (which can be pretty sad)

Magfest and AnimeNext have replaced Katsucon...for me at least.

Just got FUNi's sales book in for April. Surprised all the Eureka Seven stuff is being released as separate Blu-ray and DVD sets. They must be expecting a lot of sales.

And while it's nice that Spice & Wolf is in the Anime Classics line, it would be even better if they finally split the release up. Would probably buy (and keep) the series then.

Also, Heaven's Lost Property Season 1 is becoming an Anime Classic and Cat Planet Cuties and Shangri-La are becoming S.A.V.E. titles.

Just got FUNi's sales book in for April. Surprised all the Eureka Seven stuff is being released as separate Blu-ray and DVD sets. They must be expecting a lot of sales.

And while it's nice that Spice & Wolf is in the Anime Classics line, it would be even better if they finally split the release up. Would probably buy (and keep) the series then.

Also, Heaven's Lost Property Season 1 is becoming an Anime Classic and Cat Planet Cuties and Shangri-La are becoming S.A.V.E. titles.
I preorder the Eureka Seven releases and One Piece Collection 9. I'm happy to hear that they plan to release more collections more frequently now since they are moving onto Season 6.

bread's done
Back