Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
is that anime as depressing as the title sounds?
Quite the opposite. :eek:

nogenora-drooling.png

well that either sounds amazing or terrifying.
it's a great series with a couple of scenes that aren't so great (aka some heavy ecchi scenes but there aren't a ton, there is just light ecchi peppered around).

overall it's just a fun ride from start to finish though and I am not typically a fan of ecchi.

it's a great series with a couple of scenes that aren't so great (aka some heavy ecchi scenes but there aren't a ton, there is just light ecchi peppered around).

overall it's just a fun ride from start to finish though and I am not typically a fan of ecchi.
yeah sounds like its all in how its presented. it sounds good on paper ecchi and siscon(had to google this lol) aside. but I wont dismiss siscon or ecchi just for the sake of it as that is a real part of real life so it could be a legit need in a story.

theyre not related.

Sora has a daughter with the Queen of Mermaids by using his hair.

Just received the 2nd Rurouni Kenshin Steelbook from Amazon UK. It cost around $16. Also got The Comic Artist and his Assistants from RS.

r76ZHL0.jpg

The second one is up right now for like 8$ and the 3rd steel book is on pre order for 20$. Amazon UK
Closer to $11 and $26, pre-shipping and post-VAT-deduction. It's a shame the first steelbook is no longer readily available from Amazon UK.

Just received the 2nd Rurouni Kenshin Steelbook from Amazon UK. It cost around $16. Also got The Comic Artist and his Assistants from RS.
Thanks for the heads up about Kenshin! Picked up a copy and eagerly awaiting the third's release!

It looks like AoA is re-releasing Garden of Sinners (just the import release $319.98 for the import BD (nothing said about the US dvd release also being reprinted)

It looks like AoA is re-releasing Garden of Sinners (just the import release $319.98 for the import BD (nothing said about the US dvd release also being reprinted)
Just get it off Amazon.jp. Its cheaper and the same set. I have the LE and I am thinking of buying this one and selling my LE set.

yes, I much prefer a box set that fits on my media shelf - even though the LE has the book and the nice disc artwork, I'm happier owning the Standard Edition - I really dislike oversized packaging and trying to display/store them. The SE box is actually gorgeous itself - it has a high-gloss black piano finish on the box, holographic foil lettering, and an obi with an almost chrome-like finish... 

yes, I much prefer a box set that fits on my media shelf - even though the LE has the book and the nice disc artwork, I'm happier owning the Standard Edition - I really dislike oversized packaging and trying to display/store them. The SE box is actually gorgeous itself - it has a high-gloss black piano finish on the box, holographic foil lettering, and an obi with an almost chrome-like finish...
Hey GWG did you throw out your darker than black season 1 premium packaging?

So I had to reorder my DB stuff because Paypal decided to cancel my payment because of FUNi not shipping my stuff. :/

Gonna be pissed if this happens again and the sale ends.

Is it this one? With subs?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8A%87%E5%A0%B4%E7%89%88-%E3%80%8C%E7%A9%BA%E3%81%AE%E5%A2%83%E7%95%8C%E3%80%8DBlu-ray-Disc-BOX-%E9%80%9A%E5%B8%B8%E7%89%88/dp/B00C3DUY5S/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1439755219&sr=1-1&keywords=garden+of+sinners

Just get it off Amazon.jp. Its cheaper and the same set. I have the LE and I am thinking of buying this one and selling my LE set.

Any chance of A Lull in the Sea dropping in price for the Premium Edition, or even the DVDs? What about a non-Premium Bluray edtion?

Thanks!

It's a NISA release, so it will happen at some point.

Price wise most likely during the holiday season whether on Rightstuf, or on the site directly (though typically cheaper through Rightstuf, but they'll give you something extra if you purchase it for a little more from the site directly).

Standard edition will come out some time down the line, but generally will take awhile considering the set just came out not too long ago, so don't expect it any time soon.

Super Robot Wars is also $18 for members on Right Stuf.

Does anyone know what all is included in this?  It's a 6 disc set, so clearly it's more than just the two Anime Works Dvds I've had for a number of years.

Why would we need to go to another anime thread?

I like this one just fine.

I mean half the time people don't even talk about deals anyways, so it's pretty much the same thing. :D

Hey GWG did you throw out your darker than black season 1 premium packaging?
Actually I haven't even gotten around to opening it yet... It's still laying inside the opened shipping box, even. but the Premium packaging for that is definitely expendable, since I'm frankensteining the Blu-ray discs into the Season 2 Chipboard Box set. So yeah, I was thinking more like lighter fluid and a match, rather than trash can...

Actually I haven't even gotten around to opening it yet... It's still laying inside the opened shipping box, even. but the Premium packaging for that is definitely expendable, since I'm frankensteining the Blu-ray discs into the Season 2 Chipboard Box set. So yeah, I was thinking more like lighter fluid and a match, rather than trash can...
Or you could sell it to me I'd happily buy it from you :)

They seriously consider a fancy box for Noein to be worth an extra $20? At least Viz gives us booklets.

bread's done
Back