Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

[quote name='thelonepig']Watch the Read or Die OVA before the TV series. The TV series will make MUCH more sense if you do.[/QUOTE]

Oh! Yes, this is an absolute must!

[quote name='Z-Saber']
Anyway, all that was just to say I haven't watched any anime, new or old, since Haruhi and Ergo Proxy were brand new (Summer of '06). So, what have I missed? :lol:

Enough rambling. This is why I don't post much anymore.[/QUOTE]

Haibane Renmei is pretty great and only 13 episodes long.

I have the ROD OVA, and I've seen it already, but I am definitely watching it again before the series.

Haibane Renmei is on my to-do list. I've got the whole series already, just never watched it.

Over half way through Soul Eater and loving it. But the next episode is Excalibur part 3... I don't find any of the Excalibur humor funny. The first Excalibur episode was alright, but the second one was a waste of an episode.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I have the ROD OVA, and I've seen it already, but I am definitely watching it again before the series.[/QUOTE]
That's good, the ROD TV series uses ROD OVA as backstory. ROD TV is awesome and so is its ost.

I just finished Robotech (episodes 1 - 85, circa 1985) and the Robotech movie (2006). I enjoyed the first and third segments of the series, and the movie was pretty solid.. however it leaves you hanging with no true resolution.

I hate when that happens.

I'm 12 episodes in to School Rumble and it keeps getting more funny with each passing episode. Kenji Harima is a pretty cool character.

I wasn't that impressed with Haibane Renmei...it's okay and all but leaves you feeling pretty "meh" about the whole experience. I remember having a lot of unanswered questions and I hate that sort of thing.

I'm all caught up on Bleach and Shippuden anime. Now onwards to One Piece and Reborn. I have to say I really like where Shippuden went in the last 15 or so eps.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']I wasn't that impressed with Haibane Renmei...it's okay and all but leaves you feeling pretty "meh" about the whole experience. I remember having a lot of unanswered questions and I hate that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, we already know you don't enjoy good things. No need to keep pointing it out. :p

I've got your back on Monster and Azumanga KL, but a lot of this is just quiet anime girls with sad eyes looking into the AOI SORA and contemplating deep questions about their existence. That sort of thing is a lot easier to deal with in a 2 hour movie vs. a series.

A movie like Primer or a series like Baccano is confusing at first but then you can understand it because the clues to figuring it out are in the story. A lot of anime/movies are confusing because they just never divulge the details of how/why things happen. To me it is not a compelling experience, it simply feels like lazy storytelling.

Another thing that bothers me is when I feel like the main character in a mystery is way more dumb than myself. I can't be filled with suspense when the outcome is obvious to me and I'm forced to watch the characters sloooooowly deduce what's happening. That's one of the reasons I loved Death Note so much. The first half of that anime Light simply is brilliant. I couldn't see what was gonna happen next and the predicaments he found himself in were truly difficult to find ways out of.

I guess the other thing that skews my reviews is that I hate "whimsy". I don't have a whimsical bone in my body so stuff like Harry Potter just seems obnoxious.

I fully admit to being a sucker for long explanations of how powers and techniques work. Shonen anime is attractive to me because their powers always work in some sort of well-defined system. Much like an RPG if you can understand the numbers behind the combat it makes things more fun.

I also gravitate towards anime that features humans as the enemies rather than monsters. I like a reasoning, thinking, calculating bad guy vs. a monster that will destroy the planet for whatever reason. I will say anime/RPGs too often fall into the trap of the nihilistic villain who will RETURN ALL TO NOTHINGNESS because of some childhood wrong.

Anyway that's enough attempting to raise the level of discourse for one post...

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']I guess the other thing that skews my reviews is that I hate "whimsy". I don't have a whimsical bone in my body so stuff like Harry Potter just seems obnoxious.[/QUOTE]

This explains a lot, actually. And I'm not saying that in a smart-ass way (for once), either.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']This explains a lot, actually. And I'm not saying that in a smart-ass way (for once), either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured it was germane to the discussion at hand, so I figured I'd mention it. One of the reasons I stick to podcasts and forums for reviews of things is because I can be aware of how the person's personality colors their perceptions of the subject.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Alright, Soul Eater was extremely amusing but after continuing past episode 24, I'm not really in the mood for things to slow down again or for new characters to enter. I think I'm going to put it down. Episode 25 was terrible.[/QUOTE]Thanks for posting. I've been considering getting into it.

Right now I'm trying to go through more episodes of Death Note (have yet to finish it before).

No telling what anime stuff I buy at Otakon this weekend (I'm beyond hyped for it).

Left out a small detail in my backstory, if anyone cares.

I also watched Death Note when that was being fansubbed, and like everyone else, I REALLY REALLY liked half of it.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']I've got your back on Monster and Azumanga KL, but a lot of this is just quiet anime girls with sad eyes looking into the AOI SORA and contemplating deep questions about their existence. That sort of thing is a lot easier to deal with in a 2 hour movie vs. a series.

A movie like Primer or a series like Baccano is confusing at first but then you can understand it because the clues to figuring it out are in the story. A lot of anime/movies are confusing because they just never divulge the details of how/why things happen. To me it is not a compelling experience, it simply feels like lazy storytelling.

Another thing that bothers me is when I feel like the main character in a mystery is way more dumb than myself. I can't be filled with suspense when the outcome is obvious to me and I'm forced to watch the characters sloooooowly deduce what's happening. That's one of the reasons I loved Death Note so much. The first half of that anime Light simply is brilliant. I couldn't see what was gonna happen next and the predicaments he found himself in were truly difficult to find ways out of.

I guess the other thing that skews my reviews is that I hate "whimsy". I don't have a whimsical bone in my body so stuff like Harry Potter just seems obnoxious.

I fully admit to being a sucker for long explanations of how powers and techniques work. Shonen anime is attractive to me because their powers always work in some sort of well-defined system. Much like an RPG if you can understand the numbers behind the combat it makes things more fun.

I also gravitate towards anime that features humans as the enemies rather than monsters. I like a reasoning, thinking, calculating bad guy vs. a monster that will destroy the planet for whatever reason. I will say anime/RPGs too often fall into the trap of the nihilistic villain who will RETURN ALL TO NOTHINGNESS because of some childhood wrong.

Anyway that's enough attempting to raise the level of discourse for one post...[/QUOTE]

That really does explain a lot, and I agree with you on a lot of those points, especially Death Note. Light was so brilliant it constantly made me smile, and...(spoilers)

I seriously wanted Light to "win". I wanted so badly for L to die, and Light to become a God. His whole plot was just genius, and that's one of the only complaints I have against Death Note- it didn't end the way I wanted it too. He left on a badass note (tried to write names on the paper in his watch in blood), but it's not what I wanted.

AAAnyway, I haven't been watching anime lately (still a little freaked by NGE's ending, not gonna lie). However, I watched episodes 14 & 15 of Heroman today. I don't know if anyone's keeping up with that show (made by Bones), but these two episodes were by far the best of the show. It got rid of a lot of the bad/meh points in the series (Skrugg battles, Joey's Sister) and focused on pure action with plenty of plot twists and fun. It's convinced me to see the series through to the end now. I'm guessing Razz feels the same way.

[quote name='lilman']Over half way through Soul Eater and loving it. But the next episode is Excalibur part 3... I don't find any of the Excalibur humor funny. The first Excalibur episode was alright, but the second one was a waste of an episode.[/QUOTE]

Fool!

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Yeah I figured it was germane to the discussion at hand, so I figured I'd mention it. One of the reasons I stick to podcasts and forums for reviews of things is because I can be aware of how the person's personality colors their perceptions of the subject.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'm cultured enough in anime or movies to give in depth reviews on them. Hell, one of my favorite movies is Avatar :lol:

I'm about 5 episodes into Samurai Harem and it's not as bad as I originally thought it would be. It actually happens to have its moments every now and again. Definitely surprised by it. Not an amazing show by any means, but better than I had anticipated.

I also just started watching Golgo 13. So far there isn't much of a plot, just Golgo going around pwning people with his amazing sniping skills. I'll keep watching in hopes of some kind of story showing up eventually.

I'll probably be watching Karin over the weekend as well since I have the box set. Been meaning to watch this show for a while.

[quote name='thelonepig']Fool![/QUOTE]
lol

Excalibur part 3 wasn't too bad. I hope there are no more Excalibur episodes though.

[quote name='lilman']lol

Excalibur part 3 wasn't too bad. I hope there are no more Excalibur episodes though.[/QUOTE]

I think Excalibur is fun, but would prefer to see him interspersed within the story a bit more - give him 2 minutes here or one there, but stop devoting entire episodes to him.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']wtf? I woke up expecting to see the end of the current Naruto arc.... only to see a shitty filler.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and it was *terrible*, too.

Okay, talking about manga, I only collect two series at a time (commercially), and those two are currently Yotsubato, and Oh my goddess. (both of which I need to get the current volumes of). Thoughts? Well, apparently, I'm caught up on Yotsuba, still need vol 35 of OMG. And yes, I've been collecting OMG for years (since around 2001, no joke)

I'm picking up Yotsuba&! too, along with 20th Century Boys, xxxHOLiC, Tsubasa, Kobato (Can you tell I like CLAMP?), and Evangelion if Viz ever releases the next fucking volume.

I think right now I'm working on Reborn!, Tsubasa, xxxHolic, Shugo Chara, We Were There and Bokurano as far as manga is concerned.

I'll probably need to start picking up Kotoba, 'specially since there is only 1 more volume of Tsubasa to be had.

Too lazy to read manga. Idk if that makes any sense, but I'd rather watch > read

[quote name='thelonepig']Fool![/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, that first episode with him was amazing. It's a shame the second one was complete filler, and not funny at all. I think I actually fast-forwarded through part of it because I'd had enough of him rambling.

If anyone's at Otakon, can we get any updates/pictures? I'll be there tomorrow (leaving 8 AM, probably get there around 12 PM). I just want to know what's happening today. I couldn't go, work.

As for Saturday/Sunday, this is probably what I'll be going to (in addition to every booth on the main floor):

Saturday, July 31st

Stephanie Sheh Autograph Signing (Mikuru- Haruhi Suzumiya) (12:00-1:30 PM)
Home Made Kazoku Autograph Signing (2:00-3:30 PM)
Black Lagoon S3E1 & High School of the Dead S1E1 Premiere (3:00-4:00 PM)
Vic Mignogna Q&A (Edward Elric- FMA; Yukito- Air; Side- Soul Eater) (3:00-4:30 PM)
10 Anime You've Never Heard of but Must See! (6:00 PM-7:00 PM) (still debating)
Asian Beats: A J-pop/K-pop Music Panel (6:30 PM-7:30 PM) (still debating)
Anime And The Revolving Door Of Culture (8:00 PM-9:00 PM)
Bandai Industry Panel (9:00 PM-10:30 PM)

Sunday, August 1st

Home Made Kazoku Concert (12:30-2:00 PM)
JRock Revolution (2:00-3:00 PM)

I'll have my iPhone, so I'll take some pictures, best quality I can. Probably make a blog eventually, I loved the AX10 blogs. It's a shame I'm missing the FUNi panel today, though.

Home Made Kazoku concert is pretty win. Lucky you.

I used to read tons of manga but now I read none. Anime is an activity for chilling with the wife whereas manga is alone-time. Since I basically have no alone-time there's no manga time.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Home Made Kazoku concert is pretty win. Lucky you.

I used to read tons of manga but now I read none. Anime is an activity for chilling with the wife whereas manga is alone-time. Since I basically have no alone-time there's no manga time.[/QUOTE]

It was one of the reasons I wanted to go this year :)

Funimation announced (probably at the panel) that they're about to relaunch their website with a bunch of improvements, including (YES!) a better video player. They're also looking to begin an "elite" membership service for exclusive videos, so pretty much a dubbed Crunchyroll, which I would definitely pay for.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pre...roduces-video-based-social-networking-website

On top of that, they also have a new survey up, and the first few questions ask about interest in a Premium box set (with their standard 12-13 episodes) coming with a collectible item, and (more importantly) an art box to hold both of the box sets in a series. Which is awesome.

http://blog.funimation.com/2010/07/help-us-out-take-a-survey-win-a-box-set/

And if you haven't figured it out by now, I

OMG, I want to see Home Made Kazokuuuuuuuuuuuu. GRRRR I HATE YOU. lol.

I don't really care about the convention all that much anymore, but I'd like to see them... spending $75 and driving up to Baltimore seems a bit excessive though.

I saw H&MC in concert in Seattle and it turned out to be their last performance ever since they broke up a month or two later. Guess I got lucky there.

There is a CAG J/K/Cpop thread peeps can go discuss music in.

I hopped off here to go to animenewsnetwork.com, and had to come back just to say
WOOOOOOO fuck YEAH FOR ROD TV BEING LICENSE RESCUED

[quote name='the_punisher']On top of that, they also have a new survey up, and the first few questions ask about interest in a Premium box set (with their standard 12-13 episodes) coming with a collectible item, and (more importantly) an art box to hold both of the box sets in a series. Which is awesome.

http://blog.funimation.com/2010/07/help-us-out-take-a-survey-win-a-box-set/[/QUOTE]
Filled it out. Collectible items ftw!

I'm glad Funi confirmed Evangelion 2.0, and that we're getting the 2.22 version.

[quote name='Gden']I hopped off here to go to animenewsnetwork.com, and had to come back just to say
WOOOOOOO fuck YEAH FOR ROD TV BEING LICENSE RESCUED[/QUOTE]
Was ROD TV originally produced in HD? I already have the dvd set, but if there is an HD master I'll pick up the bluray re-release.

[quote name='lilman']Filled it out. Collectible items ftw!

I'm glad Funi confirmed Evangelion 2.0, and that we're getting the 2.22 version.

Was ROD TV originally produced in HD? I already have the dvd set, but if there is an HD master I'll pick up the bluray re-release.[/QUOTE]The reactions for the 2.22 announcement was huge. Lots of people cheering.

G-Nitro & nightmare (who were both with me) were towards the front of the line.

Don't forget Summer Wars; that movie is supposed to be brilliant. Also, I'm glad to hear that Funimation is happy with how Sgt Frog is selling; I just bought all four parts they've released so far, and I was hoping that they didn't give up on it, since it's been a while since the fourth part was released.

Oh, and it pisses me off that Eden of the East is only going to have the original opening with the Oasis song for the first episode. Funimation said they only got rights to use it on the first episode. Ugh, it's such a damn good song, and it seems like it fits really well. Stupid music rights bullshit.

[quote name='lilman']Filled it out. Collectible items ftw![/QUOTE]

I'll pay extra if the premium item is something useful, such as a soundtrack, but if it's garbage like a keychain or stickers, then I'd rather they just stick with the way they're releasing their shows right now.

[quote name='lilman']I'm glad Funi confirmed Evangelion 2.0, and that we're getting the 2.22 version.[/QUOTE]

There never was a less complete version released in Japan like what happened with the first movie; the only version of the movie that's been released on DVD and Blu-ray is the 2.22 version, and it already has the readjustments. I just thought I should clarify.

[quote name='lilman']Was ROD TV originally produced in HD? I already have the dvd set, but if there is an HD master I'll pick up the bluray re-release.[/QUOTE]

No, it was animated at a standard definition resolution, so the Blu-ray is going to be an upscale, but that doesn't mean it won't look good. I'm definitely interested in re-buying it if I like what I see, since Read or Die is so damn fantastic.

I thought you other Read or Die fans might enjoy this. Here are comparisons shots between the North American DVDs and the Japanese Blu-ray:

OVA:
DVD | BD
DVD | BD
DVD | BD
DVD | BD
DVD | BD
DVD | BD

TV:
DVD | BD
DVD | BD
DVD | BD
DVD | BD
DVD | BD
DVD | BD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilman']Was ROD TV originally produced in HD? I already have the dvd set, but if there is an HD master I'll pick up the bluray re-release.[/QUOTE]

It's an upscale, which means no purchase for me, despite how much I love the show. A few people at ANN have already weighed in on the video quality of the Japanese Blu-ray set, and apparently it's not all that great.

I can hardly see any difference between the DVD and BD release of ROD. So I'll be sticking with the DVD releases I already have.

Also, I filled out that Funi survey in hopes of them releasing REAL box sets, not this flimsy cardboard garbage.

[quote name='Razzuel']I'll pay extra if the premium item is something useful, such as a soundtrack, but if it's garbage like a keychain or stickers, then I'd rather they just stick with the way they're releasing their shows right now.[/QUOTE]
Including the ost would be well worth the premium. A lot of anime series have great soundtracks.

[quote name='Razzuel']There never was a less complete version released in Japan like what happened with the first movie; the only version of the movie that's been released on DVD and Blu-ray is the 2.22 version, and it already has the readjustments. I just thought I should clarify.[/QUOTE]
Having multiple versions of Evangelion 1.0 was a mess and I'm sure pissed off a lot of fans who bought early, so it seems they learned their lesson.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's an upscale, which means no purchase for me, despite how much I love the show. A few people at ANN have already weighed in on the video quality of the Japanese Blu-ray set, and apparently it's not all that great.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way, I won't buy an upscale. Hopefully the re-release builds interest for people who haven't heard of ROD TV... such an awesome series.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I can hardly see any difference between the DVD and BD release of ROD. So I'll be sticking with the DVD releases I already have.[/QUOTE]

The biggest difference is that the Blu-ray no longer has the compression artifacts that the DVDs have. It seems like the OVA shows the most noticeable difference, since Geneon already did such a fantastic job with the TV series.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Also, I filled out that Funi survey in hopes of them releasing REAL box sets, not this flimsy cardboard garbage.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've never had a problem with the thin cardboard boxes that Funimation uses for most of their releases.

The biggest thing about license rescue means I can actually get the tv series and (hopefully) not at the ridiculous price point geneon put the box set at, which is why I never bought their release of it

Anyone after one of those Code Geass LE boxset that Best Buy has for $10? There are two available locally. Be warned, they're heavy suckers. Shipping would not be cheap (unless it were media, I suppose).

I finished watching Strike Witches last night. It's a good show, but it does have a strange fascination with teenage girls' groins. Almost none of the females in the show wear pants, and it seems like a terrible idea. The witches themselves are flying high in the sky at high speeds; it has to be quite cold without pants, but this issue never arises. It's as if girls not wearing pants is the most natural thing in the world. Furthermore, all of the males are generally realistic-looking, and all of the females have that stylized anime-look, which I quite enjoy, so it's an interesting dichotomy.

Strike Witches doesn't have a particularly deep story, but it surprisingly does have plenty of dramatic, serious, and effecting moments, though it is jarring when the girls aren't wearing pants during these times. Also, the story in Strike Witches starts to become quite interesting at the end of the show, but since it's at the end of the show, there wasn't enough room to expound on the groundwork that they were creating with the final episodes.

Since Funimation just announced that they acquired Strike Witches 2, I'm quite excited for its eventual release. Funimation did a fantastic job with the English dub of the first season; half of the voices were familiar to me, and the other half was either new or I hadn't heard of them before, and all of the actors did a great job. It was nice to hear Kira Vincent-Davis and Cherami Leigh again, and Jad Saxton, Kate Bristol, and Jennifer Forrester, people I am unfamiliar with, were fantastic.

[quote name='the_punisher']Too lazy to read manga. Idk if that makes any sense, but I'd rather watch > read

Hahahaha, that first episode with him was amazing. It's a shame the second one was complete filler, and not funny at all. I think I actually fast-forwarded through part of it because I'd had enough of him rambling.

If anyone's at Otakon, can we get any updates/pictures? I'll be there tomorrow (leaving 8 AM, probably get there around 12 PM). I just want to know what's happening today. I couldn't go, work.

As for Saturday/Sunday, this is probably what I'll be going to (in addition to every booth on the main floor):

Saturday, July 31st

Stephanie Sheh Autograph Signing (Mikuru- Haruhi Suzumiya) (12:00-1:30 PM)
Home Made Kazoku Autograph Signing (2:00-3:30 PM)
Black Lagoon S3E1 & High School of the Dead S1E1 Premiere (3:00-4:00 PM)
Vic Mignogna Q&A (Edward Elric- FMA; Yukito- Air; Side- Soul Eater) (3:00-4:30 PM)
10 Anime You've Never Heard of but Must See! (6:00 PM-7:00 PM) (still debating)
Asian Beats: A J-pop/K-pop Music Panel (6:30 PM-7:30 PM) (still debating)
Anime And The Revolving Door Of Culture (8:00 PM-9:00 PM)
Bandai Industry Panel (9:00 PM-10:30 PM)

Sunday, August 1st

Home Made Kazoku Concert (12:30-2:00 PM)
JRock Revolution (2:00-3:00 PM)

I'll have my iPhone, so I'll take some pictures, best quality I can. Probably make a blog eventually, I loved the AX10 blogs. It's a shame I'm missing the FUNi panel today, though.[/QUOTE]I'm going to do my best to meet up with you today. I plan to blog about my experience (since Thursday) at Otakon. I'll admit I already spent $280 in the Dealer's room and going back today.

[quote name='Razzuel']I finished watching Strike Witches last night. It's a good show, but it does have a strange fascination with teenage girls' groins. Almost none of the females in the show wear pants, and it seems like a terrible idea. The witches themselves are flying high in the sky at high speeds; it has to be quite cold without pants, but this issue never arises. It's as if girls not wearing pants is the most natural thing in the world. Furthermore, all of the males are generally realistic-looking, and all of the females have that stylized anime-look, which I quite enjoy, so it's an interesting dichotomy.

Strike Witches doesn't have a particularly deep story, but it surprisingly does have plenty of dramatic, serious, and effecting moments, though it is jarring when the girls aren't wearing pants during these times. Also, the story in Strike Witches starts to become quite interesting at the end of the show, but since it's at the end of the show, there wasn't enough room to expound on the groundwork that they were creating with the final episodes.

Since Funimation just announced that they acquired Strike Witches 2, I'm quite excited for its eventual release. Funimation did a fantastic job with the English dub of the first season; half of the voices were familiar to me, and the other half was either new or I hadn't heard of them before, and all of the actors did a great job. It was nice to hear Kira Vincent-Davis and Cherami Leigh again, and Jad Saxton, Kate Bristol, and Jennifer Forrester, people I am unfamiliar with, were fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I won Strike Witches from a giveaway, and awhile I've only watched the first half, I was pleasantly surprised by it myself. Considering pretty much everything I'd read up to that point was a stone's throw away from calling it child porn, which isn't really fair to the show... it's not so different from any other super-fanservicey show, and there's a decent story under all the pantsu to boot.

I was amused at how they handled the 'why' of the girls pant-less-ness... I assumed going into it that it would be some lame excuse about being nessecary for the jet-engine leg covers. But no- it just so happens that in this alternate universe, if you're between the ages of 4 and 70 and female, you just don't wear pants. Somehow, making it overblown makes it more believeable... at least in my mind, anyway. I need to watch the end of that soon.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I won Strike Witches from a giveaway, and awhile I've only watched the first half, I was pleasantly surprised by it myself. Considering pretty much everything I'd read up to that point was a stone's throw away from calling it child porn, which isn't really fair to the show... it's not so different from any other super-fanservicey show, and there's a decent story under all the pantsu to boot.

I was amused at how they handled the 'why' of the girls pant-less-ness... I assumed going into it that it would be some lame excuse about being nessecary for the jet-engine leg covers. But no- it just so happens that in this alternate universe, if you're between the ages of 4 and 70 and female, you just don't wear pants. Somehow, making it overblown makes it more believeable... at least in my mind, anyway. I need to watch the end of that soon.[/QUOTE]

I agree: I don't think some of the naysayers are being fair to the show. Strike Witches doesn't have any sexual motives behind the pants-less-ness or the nudity; and because of that I'm able to completely tolerate the show, though I still think not wearing pants, especially in their situation, is pretty weird, haha. I also like how they never even explain the pants-less-ness; it's just how females dress in this alternate 1940s world. It's better that they don't try and justify it when all they really want is to show girls flying around without pants.

You should finish it soon; I really enjoyed how they decided to progress the story at the end, which is why I'm excited for season two. It's a cute, strange show.

[quote name='thelonepig']Anyone after one of those Code Geass LE boxset that Best Buy has for $10? There are two available locally. Be warned, they're heavy suckers. Shipping would not be cheap (unless it were media, I suppose).[/QUOTE]Would it even be worth it to get the LE box set? Would it be possible to fill it up with the single volumes? I've tried searching, but it doesn't seem as if vol. 5 and 6 even exist.

So I've finished the first Semester/Season of School Rumble as well as the Extra Class/OVAs and wow. I love this series. It's the first anime that's actually made me laugh out loud since I first watched Azumanga Diaoh.

Imadori and Harima ftw!

bread's done
Back