Apple WWDC 2008 - 3G iPhones - 8GB = $199 16GB = $299 (AKA iPhone Thread)

what is the going rate for first gen iphone currently? My buddies wife has one, and they both were looking to get a 3g phone.

Cant believe they didnt get bigger sizes on the ipod classics... they only come in 120 now... oh well... Ill have to look around for a better deal on one of the 160gb ipods... I could get rid of my 60 then

The new nanos are pretty sweet... dont need one, although the red looks nice

[quote name='Moxio']I want an iPod Touch![/QUOTE]

If I can get one more damn referral, I'd get one.. problem is no one has followed through on that..

Picked up a 32gb Touch today. I've proposed marriage to it a few times already, but it hasn't responded yet.

This thing is amazing. I knew it was thin, but holy fuck is it thin. I knew the interface was intuitive and slick, but holy fuck is it intuitive and slick. I knew it had lots of cool features, but holy fuck I'm actually going to use them.

Now, announce the new macbooks plzkthx and here's a blank, signed check. :roll:

edit: also, anyone else think Steve Jobs looks emaciated?

man ive still had no luck getting an og iphone.. honesly my enthusiasm has worn out since everyone seems to fucking have an iphone nowadays..

its like w.e now.

ive started to look at those sexy n-series nokias again.

[quote name='guyver2077']man ive still had no luck getting an og iphone.. honesly my enthusiasm has worn out since everyone seems to fucking have an iphone nowadays..

its like w.e now.

ive started to look at those sexy n-series nokias again.[/quote]
How much are you willing to pay? I've come to the realization that I'm not going to get what I paid for it, and would rather have $350-375 in my pocket, than an iPhone just sitting in my drawer. :cry:

I picked up a Red Nano today as a late birthday gift for my mom. Her reaction exceeded my expectations. She's like a 15 year old girl dancing around the house listening to her music. Best. Gift. Ever.

[quote name='ryanbph']I love the phone, but some of the app need a serious upgrade. AIM and Sports Tap are really inconsistent with there usability.[/quote]

I liked sportstap a lot...recent updates made it work like a pos. Once u drop 3g its unusable.
I switched to sportacular which i enjoy a lot more. You can actually get player stats and standings in divisions which i think makes it a much better app.

[quote name='lmz00']How much are you willing to pay? I've come to the realization that I'm not going to get what I paid for it, and would rather have $350-375 in my pocket, than an iPhone just sitting in my drawer. :cry:[/quote]

I will def keep you in mind assuming you would take pp since i have some credit on there im trying to use up. What are specs again?

Anyone have impressions on the old iphone with latest firmware? any improvements to call quality/etc at all?

I like the new update, the wife doesn't complain anymore about my calls breaking up. I do hear background noise...like white noise which I wish would clear up, and also I agree that the calls could be a tad louder.

[quote name='guyver2077']I will def keep you in mind assuming you would take pp since i have some credit on there im trying to use up. What are specs again?[/quote]
If pp = PayPal, then yes. It's a like new (used for about a week) first gen. 16GB iPhone with the 2.1 update.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I should have made a list of all my Cydia apps before I updated. This is a PITA.[/QUOTE]

There is an app you can download that backs up your Cydia apps, just like how iTunes does.

Has anyone ordered a refurb ipod touch from the apple store? The price on the 16gb is great, but i'm pretty picky about the quality of the items i get. What's the condition of the screens of the refurb ipod touches? I really dont want to order one and the screen to have any scratches or scuffs.

Thanks for the reply dallow, good to hear about the condition. Probably gonna order a 16gb ipod touch. I'll let you all know of the condition when i get it.

[quote name='Flikman24']Has anyone ordered a refurb ipod touch from the apple store? The price on the 16gb is great, but i'm pretty picky about the quality of the items i get. What's the condition of the screens of the refurb ipod touches? I really dont want to order one and the screen to have any scratches or scuffs.[/quote]

Yeah, ordered a refurb iphone. Flawless.

You can't tell it's a refurb. Looks new.

so I dl the aol radio app today. It was ok, but I am looking for a particular radio station. WEEI, is a new England based sports radio channel. I know they have a website where you can stream the show. Do any of the other radio/tuner apps allow you to place a particular radio station/website to stream from that works well?

Just curious about what all the iPhone / iPod people are downloading these days and thought I'd start a thread.

What are your most recent downloads?

Here are my most recent 3:

Wine Vintage Card:
Clever little emoticon driven wine vintage app. Quick, easy and totally intuitive. Great little resource for picking a good glass somewhere or grabbing a bottle at the local shop without having to dig through tons of extraneous info.

Smule Ocarina:
Mind bogglingly smart musical instrument that utilizes the mic as a mouthpiece. One of the many cool features on this one is going into "global" mode and listening to what other users are playing around the world. Smule actually has a whole suite of similar apps. Very cool.

Shazam:
Hold it up to anything with music coming out of it and it will identify the artist. It's like magic.

Ill give three that I use everyday
Facebook - talk to friends.
Cellfire coupons- Great coupons for Gamestop
Movies - Tells you when movies are playing at the local movie theaters. Also shows the latest DVD releases and lets you watch trailers.

the 3 i like that have not been names are (i only get the free ones because i am cheap)
Remote-i am be anywhere in my house and control my itunes on my computer using my itouch as a remote.
Urbanspoon-it helps when i cant figure out what i want for dinner or lunch sometimes
Yellowpages-i am always having to look up numbers and it takes longer to turn on my computer then my itouch

I just recently started downloading a few paid for apps. Haven't topped out above $4.99 yet... in fact, I think the highest I've gone is $2.99. All things considered that's practically free.

I gotta DL urbanspoon... another good freebie is Black Book which functions similarly and gives pretty solid returns for bars, restaurants and hotels based on your location. They also have reviews of everything too. A little hipster but I've found them to be pretty solid.

i've been messing around with "Watch it" - an app to make stop motion videos, it's a lot of fun and only $1.99

also Trace is really fun, and I love pandora radio.

Bank of America and Hold Em Poker are the two apps I use most.

There are so many new apps coming out these days its hard to keep up with them.

[quote name='nevposey']Bank of America and Hold Em Poker are the two apps I use most.

There are so many new apps coming out these days its hard to keep up with them.[/quote]

I know, it's crazy.

There are so many amazing clever apps showing up. It's really pretty wild to see what people dream up. It's a new global marketplace for insanely creative people. I'm totally addicted.

Keep em coming!

[quote name='mang9432']i've been messing around with "Watch it" - an app to make stop motion videos, it's a lot of fun and only $1.99

also Trace is really fun, and I love pandora radio.[/quote]

Going to have to check out "Watch It." And I second the Pandora vote!

[quote name='munch']Those apps sounds great. I really wish I could get an iPhone.[/quote]

My wife has one - it is really cool. I'm going to wait until they can stuff a much larger HDD in there before caving. I don't want to have to carry around two iPods. You've got to figure 32GB is right around the corner...

I second these apps:
- urbanspoon
- shazam
- pandora
- movies/showtimes/now playing
- yellow pages mobile

And a couple of ones I love that haven't been mentioned:
- aurora feint (amazing free game)
- wikipanion (wiki in your pocket)
- NY times
- personal assistant

Yeah, I thought starting a thread might generate some good suggestions as people tend to be all over the map where apps are concerned.

I'm loving the Wine Vintage Card while someone else will come back with Hold Em Poker. It's just cool to see what people are using and like. There's so much out there, I feel like I've only just scratched the surface.

Has anyone with an unlocked iPhone updated to 2.2 yet? Did it stay unlocked?

(I finally gave up on trying to sell it, and decided to start using it until the new Curve 8900 comes out.)

Update: The phone stayed unlocked. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
IPhones are coming to Wal-Mart December 28th. Any ideas on price being cheaper or will it follow the same price as everywhere?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']IPhones are coming to Wal-Mart December 28th. Any ideas on price being cheaper or will it follow the same price as everywhere?[/QUOTE]

It will be the same price as everywhere else since Apple pretty much sets the prices. It might be 2 cents less (so $299.97) since that seems to be Walmart's method of claiming to be a low price leader.

bread's done
Back