Apple WWDC 2008 - 3G iPhones - 8GB = $199 16GB = $299 (AKA iPhone Thread)

Now on to the final challenge -- affordability. Started at $599 for an 8GB iPhone, now $399. The iPhone 3G 8GB will sell for... $199.

*sigh* white is cool...but i have a black macbook. I really wanna know if u can hook up the phone and use the 3g as a modem. im already gonna buy one but that would be the f'n topping on this 3 tier cake.

[quote name='naiku']*sigh* white is cool...but i have a black macbook. I really wanna know if u can hook up the phone and use the 3g as a modem. im already gonna buy one but that would be the f'n topping on this 3 tier cake.[/quote]

You can but you have to sign up for a special plan

[quote name='dallow']July 11, time to strategize.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now I have to figure out when's the best time to sell my iPhone, before everyone finds out how cheap the new one will be.

So...pissed. July, ugh.

I could sell my 8GB now...but be sad for a month.

Or wait and sell it for hopefully $100. Super gay.

[quote name='Rihan']AT&T can suck my dick.....when the hell is Apple going to open up to other carriers[/quote]

Agreed, I would jump on this in an instant but I hate at&t. Bummed there's no new Ipods.

[quote name='Rihan']AT&T can suck my dick.....when the hell is Apple going to open up to other carriers[/QUOTE]

5 Year Exclusive to AT&T in America. This was announced last year. So, 4 more years.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, now I have to figure out when's the best time to sell my iPhone, before everyone finds out how cheap the new one will be.[/quote]

Put it on ebay RIGHT NOW!

Question: I have an existing contract with AT&T, how do I sign up for a new one? Can they just extend my contract and then I can get the iphone?

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, now I have to figure out when's the best time to sell my iPhone, before everyone finds out how cheap the new one will be.[/quote]
Yeah, gonna look at Craigslist when I get home.
I'd imagine most people there are computer literate though.
A paper ad on a message board (like at my apartments) would work.

[quote name='manthing']If plans don't change:

Here
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the family plan is a bit rough. Now I need to convince the wife that we need iPhones and pay $40 more a month. :pray:

[quote name='GizmoGC']5 Year Exclusive to AT&T in America. This was announced last year. So, 4 more years.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember if I had actualy heard if the length had been announced or not, though for some reason 5 years stuck out in my head.

What is regular price on these phones?
I still want to keep T-Mobile but if there isn't a cheap way to do it, I can see myself switching to at&t.

Do you need to sign up for a contract w/ AT&T to get the iphone for $200? Will they charge more if you don't sign up or already have a contract with AT&T?

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, gonna look at Craigslist when I get home.
I'd imagine most people there are computer literate though.
A paper ad on a message board (like at my apartments) would work.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to a guy at my school who said he'd buy mine if the 3G was announced. Might go that route.

[quote name='antlp89']Do you need to sign up for a contract w/ AT&T to get the iphone for $200? Will they charge more if you don't sign up or already have a contract with AT&T?[/QUOTE]

If you don't jailbreak, you have to sign up for a contract, but you do that at home.

I'm not sure if the 3G will be the same way, AT&T I'm sure is aware they are getting screwed doing it that way.

[quote name='antlp89']Do you need to sign up for a contract w/ AT&T to get the iphone for $200? Will they charge more if you don't sign up or already have a contract with AT&T?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure AT&T and apple have a deal to only sell the phones with a contract.

As for people with iphones, start selling them before the iphone 3g starts appearing in every talk show in America like the first iphone did. By that time it will have little value.

Are you saying I can just pick one up from the Apple store for 299.
Say I'm gonna activate at home with AT&T and that's it?

[quote name='dallow']Are you saying I can just pick one up from the Apple store for 299.
Say I'm gonna activate at home with AT&T and that's it?[/QUOTE]

That'd be hot.

$199 iPhone is crazy tempting, but I use a pre-paid phone right now. I normally spend $20-$30 a month for service.

The data plan for an iPhone is crazy expensive, right? And even if there was some $40 plan I'm sure it would be crippled.

What are you current iPhone owners paying if you don't mind me asking. I have a customer that has one, and he said he's paying $125 a month for data, but his girlfriend said it was closer to $200. I can't imagine anyone spending that much a month on a cell phone plan.

I think those prices are the retail prices. So they could easily sell the 8gb phone for like $75 "WITH 2 YEAR CONTRACT!"

When I got my Env, it retailed for $300 (Why?) and I got it for $100 when I signed a 2 year contract. If they keep up some good contract deals, I MIGHT go to AT&T..

[quote name='lilboo']I think those prices are the retail prices. So they could easily sell the 8gb phone for like $75 "WITH 2 YEAR CONTRACT!"

When I got my Env, it retailed for $300 (Why?) and I got it for $100 when I signed a 2 year contract. If they keep up some good contract deals, I MIGHT go to AT&T..[/quote]

The iphone 3G prices are subsidized already, they are not going to sell any cheaper.

bread's done
Back