Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

[quote name='Jodou']They're retarded. GS has been giving out codes for at least a month now when you pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I work with GameStop and can confirm that MP beta codes have been distributed. If anyone hasn't received their code with a pre-order, I'd recommend contacting customer service at [email protected] (or contact the store where you placed the order directly), just be sure to bring your receipt or include your order number.

On a related note, Ubisoft just released Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy, a Facebook game from the AC universe. GameStop's got a code for an exclusive in-game item up on their Facebook page here. If you're into social gaming, I'd recommend checking it out.

[quote name='GameStopTom']On a related note, Ubisoft just released Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy, a Facebook game from the AC universe. GameStop's got a code for an exclusive in-game item up on their Facebook page here. If you're into social gaming, I'd recommend checking it out.[/QUOTE]
Any chance you or someone else could just post said code? :D

[quote name='Jodou']Any chance you or someone else could just post said code? :D[/QUOTE]

I mean, I suppose I COULD, but where's the fun in that? ;)

hell id like a code just to see if its as good as people are saying it is.i dont see it replacing u2 in my regular lineup but im always looking for something.

[quote name='GameStopTom']I mean, I suppose I COULD, but where's the fun in that? ;)[/QUOTE]Facebook is not fun. Period.

[quote name='Jodou']They're retarded. GS has been giving out codes for at least a month now when you pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Grr. K I'll go try again.

Damn, they just closed.

Is the beta code you get from Preordering at Gamestop only available online? Because I went to GS, canceled my preorder and replaced it on the PS3 version and they did not give me a code and it was not on the receipt.

What the fuck are you guys talking about?

Call my gamestop and ask:
california: 805-449-9230

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Is the beta code you get from Preordering at Gamestop only available online? Because I went to GS, canceled my preorder and replaced it on the PS3 version and they did not give me a code and it was not on the receipt.[/QUOTE]
I really don't understand why it's not working for your GS. I'm looking at my receipt from 8/19 right now: "Thank you for reserving ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD ON PS3 Your PS3 beta registration code is:"

[quote name='Jodou']I really don't understand why it's not working for your GS. I'm looking at my receipt from 8/19 right now: "Thank you for reserving ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD ON PS3 Your PS3 beta registration code is:"[/QUOTE]

fffffffffuuuuuuu. I don't know! Maybe it's different for every state/area.

Did you pay it off in full? Does it only work with the collectors edition?

*I called another GS and he said it might be because they ran out of codes recently. Shit sauce!*

Nope, just regular edition and $5 down. I wasn't actually expecting it lol, as I was just securing a pre-order in case the exclusive DLC comes separate when you pick it up. All I want is the DLC and I'm going to return the GS copy either way heh.

[quote name='Jodou']Nope, just regular edition and $5 down. I wasn't actually expecting it lol, as I was just securing a pre-order in case the exclusive DLC comes separate when you pick it up. All I want is the DLC and I'm going to return the GS copy either way heh.[/QUOTE]

They generally box the DLC in the case now indays so you can't return it. I tried that with Red Dead.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']They generally box the DLC in the case now indays so you can't return it. I tried that with Red Dead.[/QUOTE]
It's a long shot, but we'll see.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Still no code... dammit hardest code to get.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing you called around? What excuse did they give? I suppose it's possible that they ran out in their system, but GS is usually very good about having plenty left over.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm guessing you called around? What excuse did they give? I suppose it's possible that they ran out in their system, but GS is usually very good about having plenty left over.[/QUOTE]
Yea I did. Some say they have no idea what I'm talking about and say, "You are confused with the preorder bonus of the Jester DLC character." Screw you random GS girl. And others say they probably ran out.

*called another GS and he finally knew what I was talking about and called the GS near me and resolved it and I got a code. But it doesnt work until Tomorrow... bah, better than nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']*called another GS and he finally knew what I was talking about and called the GS near me and resolved it and I got a code. But it doesnt work until Tomorrow... bah, better than nothing.[/QUOTE]
FYI, if they just gave you a code it's not for PSN. You need to go register it at www.assassinscreed.com/ps3beta right away. I'd do it now before Ubisoft runs out lol.[quote name='icedrake523']After seeing that, It's going to be really hard to resist buying this before it gets the typical UbiSoft price drop.[/QUOTE]If you think that's cool, you should see what happens when you call in the brotherhood. :)

Looks very good, I wonder what the MP will be like? Hopefully not something to just cash in a bit more and tack on a multiplayer fuction.

I wouldn't mind a code myself, but it seems nobody's gamesharing it or giving them away. Maybe when the codes begin to become more common and widespread.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, if they just gave you a code it's not for PSN. You need to go register it at www.assassinscreed.com/ps3beta right away. I'd do it now before Ubisoft runs out lol.)[/QUOTE]

Gah, yea I know. I put it in and they still haven't sent me a PSN code... gahhh. This is never ending.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Gah, yea I know. I put it in and they still haven't sent me a PSN code... gahhh. This is never ending.[/QUOTE]

I thought you got a code from Gamestop?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I thought you got a code from Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Yea, but you get a code that you have to enter into the AC Brotherhood beta site and they send you a PSN code via email. Still have not received any email...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, but you get a code that you have to enter into the AC Brotherhood beta site and they send you a PSN code via email. Still have not received any email...[/QUOTE]

I see, but still the beta only started today in the US I think, so you may have to wait even a day or two.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I see, but still the beta only started today in the US I think, so you may have to wait even a day or two.[/QUOTE]
Sony has had plenty of time to prepare, so if they're late getting out codes to everyone then that's piss-poor. I was hoping to play this tonight, but I'm still waiting on the email as well. Well, if nothing else go out to 7-11 and get one of their Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood collectible slurpee cups. I'm such a nerd I must have one lol.

I like the Slurpee cups, I personally got three of the Halo 2 ones from back in the day. Looks like that might be a bit of a new trend with EA MMA having Slurpee cups and apparently ACB having some too (I didn't know about AC cups).

Yea same here! :D finally. Just as good as I remember, just wish I could play the other map I don't like Castle Gandolfo.

Anyways add me so we can play: DarknessBear

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea same here! :D finally. Just as good as I remember, just wish I could play the other map I don't like Castle Gandolfo.

Anyways add me so we can play: DarknessBear[/QUOTE]
It's FFA PvP right? Is there even an option to invite friends, because that seems kinda exploitable if you and a friend can team up in what's supposed to be FFA lol.

90% downloaded!

Wow, played this for 20 minutes and it's not well executed at all. First game I got in people were just blasting their mics and everyone was running around like retards lol. Since there was no point in staying hidden, (because my pursuers would just run me down and kill me if I did that) I joined in and got a few kills although people with sprint already just raped me because it was impossible to get away by the time my alarm went off. Second game people were playing it the way you're suppose to, but I finished 7th because my target either always got killed just before I would get there or I'd get killed just trying to reach my target. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too much random luck of who you get to kill and where your pursuer spawns. One time I had just spawned and a dude instantly killed me 3 seconds later. That's just bad design.

Since the only mode you can try is deathmatch, I won't be back. I was getting the hang of things but even when I KNEW who my assassin was because of their behavior in the crowd, I couldn't do shit about it. No matter how much I'd spam square as they approached, they'd ALWAYS kill me. That's fucking bullshit. Also, this seems to be less about blending and more about what perks/skills you unlock, because if you spend the entire 10 minutes trying to blend, you're not going to get jack shit but dead. You might get lucky and have your target run into you, but there's zero fun in being on the defensive all the time. Quite honestly, there's no point in it at all since there's skills you can unlock for getting away, etc.

The game mechanics just make you feel helpless and reliant on dumb luck more than anything. If you could counter-attack then I'd feel more in control, but even then lag would probably make it a futile effort. I'm hoping the other modes they have planned are more fun, because DM is just trash.

Game is broken and is dumb luck? The lowest place I've gotten was 2nd. And I got first ~5 games in a row. You just got to get the hang of it and have to really watch how many people are on you and your target.

I never play aggressively (IE running around and quickly killing) and I am doing pretty well.

Also counterattack works only in certain scenarios, like if you are blended with a bunch of look alikes and it's obvious your attacker is trying to figure out which is which and walks next to you - punch him out and earn some extra points + ruin his contract.

Game is awesome. Send me an invite and we can try it out together.

Just played the training mission and it seems fun.

Are there enough CAGs playing to fill up a room? I'm trying to start a public match right now and there are a bunch of people talking my ear off and calling each other "bro."

[quote name='metaly']Just played the training mission and it seems fun.

Are there enough CAGs playing to fill up a room? I'm trying to start a public match right now and there are a bunch of people talking my ear off and calling each other "bro."[/QUOTE]

Yea let me know when you get a game together. It's so annoying online.

Jodou jinxed it. Right after I said the game is fine, I ran into 3 horrible games. One filled with the most obnoxious people and all they did was run around. And then one where every person was a pro and just kicked my ass with Smoke bombs.

DAMN you jodou!

This game blows when nobody is taking it slow and everyone just runs around like insane ADHD kids.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea let me know when you get a game together. It's so annoying online.

Jodou jinxed it. Right after I said the game is fine, I ran into 3 horrible games. One filled with the most obnoxious people and all they did was run around. And then one where every person was a pro and just kicked my ass with Smoke bombs.

DAMN you jodou!

This game blows when nobody is taking it slow and everyone just runs around like insane ADHD kids.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, as I expect many people to play that way...

I'm trying to get a game now but I'm not having much luck. Maybe we can plan a game tomorrow evening when more people have it?

You can tell when it's a bad game when everyones scores are really low. The best is when the top 3-4 are in the 4k's.

The problem is if 1-2 people start running the whole time, you have to run to keep up with them, which makes your attacker have to run to keep up with you, which makes their attacker to have to run to keep up... blah blah blah. Gah.

But when it all works it is awesome. :p

Played 3-4 matches and while the good ones were really good, the game is easily ruined by people sprinting around or spending the whole game on rooftops. It's a shame. They need to do some tweaking or add a stamina system or something to discourage that.

Is there a reliable technique to do counter kills? I've seen the circle prompt a couple times, but was never able to hit it. Also plenty of times (especially during a chase) I'd watch my assassin running straight towards my face and would never get a counter prompt. It should tip things heavily in the target's favor if the assassin isn't being discreet. Also a few times I'd be escaping and then just randomly collapse and die. WTF?

My best death was when I had already been running from this guy for like 30 seconds and out of nowhere another assassin leapt off a building and killed me. The guy deserved serious props for playing it sneaky, plus it looked awesome.

The game is seriously bad ass when you play against a bunch of bad players and maybe 1-2 good ones. It just ends up with such intense crazy moments. I think if they limited the amount of players from 8(I think it is at now) to like 6 or even 4 for some instances.

I'm worried though that this game will be easily exploitable and once the best formula for winning is found, people will just keep exploiting that and ruin the entire game.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea let me know when you get a game together. It's so annoying online.

DAMN you jodou!

This game blows when nobody is taking it slow and everyone just runs around like insane ADHD kids.[/QUOTE]
I told you dude, it's all dumb luck. I think the longest I was alive in one of those matches was over a minute and it was JUST trying to find my mark. They would just constantly move away from me the entire time, so it's fundamentally broken unless you just run after them the whole time. By the time you catch them, the warning meter will come too late and they're already dead. It's just not designed well and isn't rewarding enough to take it slow. If you actually had some sort of way to counter an attack, then I'd feel like it was skill based but as it stands the winners are the ones who sprint to the finish.[quote name='Ch33pSh33p']As for the exploits, doesn't the game randomize the scenario a bit?[/QUOTE]Exploits? If you mean not caring about being stealthy, well that's the designer's fault -- not the player. And no, the scenario is always the same, which gets old quick. Get a mark, go kill, get a mark, go kill. The only random element to it is who you get for your mark and it's super annoying when you're tracking a guy down for 45 seconds only for another player to kill them right in front of you.

never really cared for ac figured id give this a go few matches i played were pretty fun actually

[quote name='nbballard']PS Blog yesterday said that the beta was starting and would involve PS+ members. Anyone get an invite that way?[/QUOTE]

None actually, and that's what I intended to ask here. I saw it mentioned but haven't receive a code for it (neither for LBP2 beta). I'd really like to try this game before purchasing it, specially for the reports of players just running around the place, which basically misses the whole point of the originality in the game mode

[quote name='metaly']I'm playing right now if anyone wants to join.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I wanted to play but I did not see you respond to my message (the annoying thing about the PSN). I wish they could implement a quick message check to the PSN instead of having to load the entire goddam thing.

bread's done
Back