Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

I'd really like to try this game before purchasing it, specially for the reports of players just running around the place, which basically misses the whole point of the originality in the game mode

Same here, this beta is going to be the decider if I'll be keeping the game for MP or just blazing through the SP campaign and selling.

Everytime I try to download the beta it takes FOREVER, it took about 2.5 hours just to get to 50%, so I still haven't had the chance to play the game yet. From what some of you are saying, it sounds like it might not be very worthwhile. It sounds rather simple (at least there is a leveling system), and when they actually try to spice things up, it ends up ruining the whole stealth angle.

[quote name='eastshore4']Same here, this beta is going to be the decider if I'll be keeping the game for MP or just blazing through the SP campaign and selling.

Everytime I try to download the beta it takes FOREVER, it took about 2.5 hours just to get to 50%, so I still haven't had the chance to play the game yet. From what some of you are saying, it sounds like it might not be very worthwhile. It sounds rather simple (at least there is a leveling system), and when they actually try to spice things up, it ends up ruining the whole stealth angle.[/QUOTE]

No you are wrong. If you are interested in a different type of MP than you'll like this game. It just takes a bit to get a hang of it. And certain games you join can be bad if people don't know how to play.

But for the most part it is good.

I really hope they're not planning any MP trophies for this, because I don't think I'll bother to plat it if they do.

It's kind of funny. Most games when you get a rush of new players, you get easy points mopping up the newbs. But in Brotherhood it actually makes it harder (+ more annoying); noobs generally just run around and when your target is running it is the biggest pain in the ass!

[quote name='metaly']They just extended the beta to all PSN Plus members. It would be cool if we could get a full CAG room sometime.[/QUOTE]

Gamesharable? If so, expect the beta to get pretty big now.

In a way, running around punishes a player severely, as a non-discreet/incognito kill only nets 100 points (and puts a big target on your back for your hunter). Walking right up to your target and stabbing them in the face not only makes you feel bad ass, but gets you 300 points min, more if you used disguises, jumped off a ledge etc. A player with 6-7 kills can win a game over a guy with 12 merely by play style. I just want to kill some of my friends!

It would be nice if it were easier to stun people. Maybe I just suck, but it seems like a pain most of the time. It would only really punish the runners anyway.

Then again, maybe I'm just frustrated with this game because I couldn't find a single game today where more than half of the players weren't flying about the rooftops like Spider-Man or something :roll:

I'm rather annoyed that I can go 8-1 and come in second to some chucklehead who spent the game running around the map like a beheaded chicken and went 8-11. This mode really seems like it'd be a lot more fun if I weren't trolling public matches.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']In a way, running around punishes a player severely, as a non-discreet/incognito kill only nets 100 points (and puts a big target on your back for your hunter). Walking right up to your target and stabbing them in the face not only makes you feel bad ass, but gets you 300 points min, more if you used disguises, jumped off a ledge etc. A player with 6-7 kills can win a game over a guy with 12 merely by play style. I just want to kill some of my friends![/QUOTE]
You'd like to think so, but in reality if you just walk around you're relying on dumb luck too much. I tried walking around when other people were running and it was a disaster, but granted I had NOTHING to help me vs pursuers. I'm sure that changes the gameplay at higher levels, but to me that's fundamentally broken. A level one should have just as much of a chance of success as the level-capped player. If that's not the case, I just don't play. Skill should be the important factor and too often these MP games get it wrong.[quote name='KrebStar']It would be nice if it were easier to stun people. Maybe I just suck, but it seems like a pain most of the time. It would only really punish the runners anyway.[/QUOTE]Wait, you can stun people? Where the fuck was this explained in the tutorial again? Why would you even want to stun a pursuer, Ubisoft, when I'd rather just kill them? Just awful design IMO and the lag is probably what you're perceiving as you sucking. That's why running is too effective, because you can't counter what the game doesn't allow you to. There's no latency correction at all so by the time you'd get a prompt to press a button, it's already too late.

If they had a clue, running would have a stamina meter so people couldn't infinitely sprint to their targets. Ubisoft, I am disappoint.

Does anybody know when i gameshare the plus subscription, would everyone be able to get into the beta or just the host?

Honestly, I'm shocked that there isn't some kind of stamina bar in play here. It's such a simple thing, yet it would improve so much.

As it stands, I could see this being fun playing with all friends, but other than that I think I'll stick to single player.

[quote name='KrebStar']Honestly, I'm shocked that there isn't some kind of stamina bar in play here. It's such a simple thing, yet it would improve so much.

As it stands, I could see this being fun playing with all friends, but other than that I think I'll stick to single player.[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree. after a few games i got kind of bored with the mp. you end up spending alot of time running after people and there were a few times i got killed by someone withut so much as a warning and then theres times when id get the warning and could run away.

ill wait or this to drop to 20 since im more interested in the sp story.

Yeah, the SP looks sick so it's still a day one for me, but the MP needs to get a heavy balancing patch before I'll touch it.

The MP is growing on me; it's really fun most of the time. Though I agree that a stamina bar would really do a lot to make matches play more like the developers seem to have intended them to.

I'm loving this. I'm getting a little better every time I play. Really love the concept, it's different from any other MP game I've played. Can't wait to unlock some new power-ups. All I have now is Disguise I think (maybe boost too, not sure).

It'd be hectic as hell, but I'd love to see the amount of players per rd. expanded to like 12 or 16.

Finally managed to download the beta and have it enjoyed (mostly). Ran into some annoying bugs, like Re-spawn times of more than 1 minute, (one match it took me 8 minutes to respawn - I just kept staring at a white screen), just dying without no one around, etc

The problem with running/ceiling inhabiting players is that if one is doing it, most NEED to do it. Let;s say your target is on the roof, to have even a small chance of catching you have to take to the skies to try to catch him/her, which in turn will make your pursuer go into running mode after you (as well as his/her pursuer, etc

Why am I running into so many kids with a mic? Is this normal for PS3 games? IT seems like every game there is always 1-3 kids in it and always actively talking.

Why do they always have bluetooth mics !!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Why am I running into so many kids with a mic? Is this normal for PS3 games? IT seems like every game there is always 1-3 kids in it and always actively talking.

Why do they always have bluetooth mics !![/QUOTE]
Probably because it's a beta? Kids have been popping up on the PSN more lately, toss them a free game to play and they'll flock to it. Make them pay for it and you won't see nearly as much.

[quote name='Mad39er']Probably because it's a beta? Kids have been popping up on the PSN more lately, toss them a free game to play and they'll flock to it. Make them pay for it and you won't see nearly as much.[/QUOTE]
Sounds promising. Hopefully parents wont be purchasing them Brotherhood... at least until Christmas so I can get some peaceful game sessions in before that.

God dammit I knew it. 51 trophies and one of them is to max your online level to 50. There had better be a mode worth playing because DM is trash.

Just a heads up, but the beta ends today. Pretty odd timing seeing as the game isn't due for another month. Also, I do have some good news for us trophy whores. Remember all those annoying collectibles like flags, feathers, etc? Eagle vision will now reveal these and MARK them on the map, which actually gives us a reason to use it now amirite?! Now if only they could unlock useful things in the game. . .

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Too bad I never got in the beta...well, I guess not too bad because 97% of people said the beta sucked.[/QUOTE]
If you play with all friends, it has some potential I suppose. I only played for about an hour that first night of live and saw all I needed to lol. Of course, they could be changing a lot over the next month since this is just beta but I'm not holding my breath. SP is going to rock anyways, so no skin off my nose if it still sucks.

Also, new trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVtWPiLVnn8

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Jodou we get that you played for an hour, didn't do well and played with some shitty people and now you are running the hate campaign on the MP. Don't scare everyone off of it! It's awesome.

I do agree that the MP suffered at beta launch - because nobody knew how to play. But once people started actually trying and realizing running around = no points. It was a blast.

(Rank 20)
[quote name='metaly']When does it end today? We should try to get a CAG game going if possible.[/QUOTE]

I think me and you are the only ones that play it now. Jodou scared them all away! :D

Wow, didn't even know the beta ended today. Kinda early in my opinion, but the MP was actually pretty good. The only thing that sucked was waiting for a game. I think one of my longest waits was 45 minutes, at least I had stumble upon keeping me company waiting for a damn match to start.

I think Rome was my least favorite map. Since everybody wants to climb and scale rooftops, it really kills the idea of being stealthy and stalking your prey. I agree that they need to tweak stunning your pursuer. I don't know how many times I sprung a trap to have them chase me, then trying to stun them only to get killed in the process.

I had a lot of fun with the beta and might look for it when amazon drops it by 20 bucks.

I ended up not playing tonight but I'll still be getting the game so I'll be up for some matches. It'll be nice to finally be able to do some private games and try the other modes.

Would they release the retailer exclusive MP skins later on? Hard to decide between the 3 exclusive skins from the 3 different retailers but I lean towards the Amazon one and the $15 credit is a plus.

[quote name='Jodou']Man, if I scared them off, wait til they play the game!

ZING![/QUOTE]
"I got to level 5 in an MMORPG - I'm now qualified to say if this game is bad or not!" :booty:

[quote name='eau']Would they release the retailer exclusive MP skins later on? Hard to decide between the 3 exclusive skins from the 3 different retailers but I lean towards the Amazon one and the $15 credit is a plus.[/QUOTE]
What 3? All i've seen is the Harlequin. Any links?

Honestly, you'd be better off NOT getting a MP exclusive skin. Just think on day one how many jesters and officers are going to be running around. If you stick to something plain in the menu, then you should get picked off less often. Also, I know that once a character has been selected, it becomes grayed out. That would be a pretty raw deal to only allow one jester and one officer per game lol. Pretty much makes that pre-order bonus worthless IMO.

Just get the Amazon armor, because it's the best of the three and not MP dependent.

[quote name='Jodou']Honestly, you'd be better off NOT getting a MP exclusive skin. Just think on day one how many jesters and officers are going to be running around. If you stick to something plain in the menu, then you should get picked off less often. Also, I know that once a character has been selected, it becomes grayed out. That would be a pretty raw deal to only allow one jester and one officer per game lol. Pretty much makes that pre-order bonus worthless IMO.

Just get the Amazon armor, because it's the best of the three and not MP dependent.[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking that the MP skins for this game are actually the best. Because if any other game ever does exclusive skins, you'll see everyone with the same skin all the time. But in this game only one person gets it, so you can still feel unique and have an different skin. And I'm also fast when I select my skin so I never get the left overs (unless I join mid game).

[quote name='Jodou']Honestly, you'd be better off NOT getting a MP exclusive skin. Just think on day one how many jesters and officers are going to be running around. If you stick to something plain in the menu, then you should get picked off less often. Also, I know that once a character has been selected, it becomes grayed out. That would be a pretty raw deal to only allow one jester and one officer per game lol. Pretty much makes that pre-order bonus worthless IMO.

Just get the Amazon armor, because it's the best of the three and not MP dependent.[/QUOTE]
I really dont think there will be any more preorder skins over regular ones. The majority of people that get this game will not have preordered it so therefore will not have any

[quote name='Jodou']God dammit I knew it. 51 trophies and one of them is to max your online level to 50. There had better be a mode worth playing because DM is trash.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, there goes my chance to plat that sucker :cry:.. I just platted AC2 and had a blast doing it.
Do you know if Eagle Vision will reveal and mark the feathers that you don't even see? You could easily see a feather in EV at quite large distances in AC2 it just wasn't marked on a map.

[quote name='Bazylik']Do you know if Eagle Vision will reveal and mark the feathers that you don't even see? You could easily see a feather in EV at quite large distances in AC2 it just wasn't marked on a map.[/QUOTE]
Quite honestly I don't know. I'd imagine they have to be in view, but that shouldn't be hard since you'll be up on view points a lot. I'd just turn on the vision and sweep the area until the map is lit up with flags.

I hate online achievements. Ive gotten all achievements in AC and AC2, and unless the MP is good, or you can level up fast, i wont be getting them all in brotherhood.

[quote name='Jodou']Quite honestly I don't know. I'd imagine they have to be in view, but that shouldn't be hard since you'll be up on view points a lot. I'd just turn on the vision and sweep the area until the map is lit up with flags.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but there were more than few kind of out of sight, you really had to go out of your way to find them. Oh well, there will always be guides for this stuff.

Destructoid has a nice preview of the solo campaign
www.destructoid.com/impressions-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-single-player

[quote name='Bazylik']Yeah, but there were more than few kind of out of sight, you really had to go out of your way to find them. Oh well, there will always be guides for this stuff.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know. I've done the collection stuff to 100% for both games. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually put them in cool spots, but they're dicks about it and hide them under crates in a boat. At least this will help when trying to track them down using a guide.

PlayStation Blog Europe posted this AC:B update which contains probably the laziest list of improvements I've seen:

Improvements / Fixes:
Improved Matchmaking
Improved Voice Chat
Improved Lock Mechanism
Improved Stun
Improved Climbing Control
Improved Sound
Improved Kill Cams
Improved Scoring Display
Improved End Game Screen
Improved Rematch

Added Features:
New Group Lobby System
Teammate Indicators in Alliance Mode
Pursuer Proximity Sound
Gun and Firecrackers Crowd Reaction
Player Levels in Player List
Team Score in Menus
But hey, at least it means they've been making improvements. "Pursuer Proximity Sound" and "Improved Stun" sound like they have potential. I wish they had just provided any kind of info on what these actually mean.

Good news, friends: I have it on high authority that PS3 is getting FREE exclusive day one DLC involving Copernicus (you know, the guy who theorized that not everything revolved around us/earth) and a special side mission to silence the haters of his ideas. No word of when or if 360 gets this, so be sure to stick out your tongue at them.

bread's done
Back