Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

LOL, high authority - you mean the press release? :p It's not enough to get me to buy the PS3 version, because to stab my friends repeatedly I'll need to play on Xbox :\ I did put a deposit down on the CE at GS because I want to save my Amazon credit for an iPod, but yeah, the doctor JITB is way cooler.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']LOL, high authority - you mean the press release? :p[/QUOTE]
Haha, I was just Frenching it up to sound all important.

[quote name='Jodou']Good news, friends: I have it on high authority that PS3 is getting FREE exclusive day one DLC involving Copernicus (you know, the guy who theorized that not everything revolved around us/earth) and a special side mission to silence the haters of his ideas. No word of when or if 360 gets this, so be sure to stick out your tongue at them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my home boy Kopernik (Copernicus) is in da house. I will be gladly silencing those fools. lol, noobs thought the earth was flat and shit.

I have to finish Vanquish AND Castlevania to get ready for this; I wanted to play through the first two AC games, but whatever. I'll just skip the SP for a while and go online all stabby.

9.25... lol, what kind of score is that? pffrr, reviewers these days..

Anyway, that's also my plan to finish Castlevania and get on with AC:B since the story is still fresh in my head.

not sure if i should grab this game

i love and i am still playing AC2 but maybe i can wait for it to drop or just pre-order it.
I am sucker for any type of history and I really want to try the multiplayer :D

gotta make a decision before nov 16 :whee:

HEADS UP! The Collector's edition is now $89.99 and per Amazon's pre-order price guarantee you're due for a $10 refund if they charged you full price! I just sent off an email to get a refund and you should do the same in case they raise the price by tomorrow.

[quote name='JCally']Anyone gotten their Amazon DLC code yet? Seems like I normally get them before the game ships.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow and no, haven't seen it.

I got my Gamestop code. Look for it on eBay soon.

Collector's edition orderers: Give me your Doctor jack-in-the-boxes. GIVE THEM TO ME.

Hah, I'll have my Harlequin code on the Bay too, I think. Unfortunately, it's about all the enjoyment I can get from the game as trying to play online was a total fail after I got home from the midnight launch.

I posted in the other thread, but here's more appropriate...

Will I miss out a lot (blanks here and there) if I play AC:B before ACII? Thanks!

[quote name='Serpentor']I posted in the other thread, but here's more appropriate...

Will I miss out a lot (blanks here and there) if I play AC:B before ACII? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I replied in the other thread.
In short. Yes, you will.

Like we would know lol. The game just came out today. There's a few references I'm sure, but who knows what all will be spoiled if you haven't played AC II.

Has anyone picked up their copy from GameStop? I'd like to know how or if the pre-order bonus was packaged together. I'm hoping GS just prints a code on your receipt.

Can you remove armor in this game? Or is it like ACII where, once you bought it, you were stuck with it and could only switch between armor.

Alright, for the lowdown on pre-order DLC: GameStop prints on your receipt and Best Buy is packaged in. However, the case for BB has zero indication that the DLC is inside, but you can view it through the plastic if you hold it at a certain angle. There's no sticker, different cover art -- nothing different about the BB copy, so don't buy it unless you can see the insert inside.

All the content is on the disc, so the code you get just unlocks it. Maybe someone can hack a save file to unlock all content. . .

Finished the first two sequences and I'm digging it so far. I can already tell that this one will be light on campaign length, but Rome is so fucking huge there's a ton of stuff to do through collection and side events. From what I can tell the entire city is open to free roam right from the start as well, so you can explore as much as you want before even getting into the story.

They recap the events of the first two games at the beginning, so unless you want spoilers I wouldn't advise playing this before them.

It's not totally open- it's got barriers all over the place, I know because I desynched when I got really excited and started running to a tower that was outside where i was allowed.

I'm liking the city upgrade stuff a lot.

Is anyone willing to trade their officer pre order code?

I'm willing to trade my harlequin code or my xbox live trial codes for it.

Wassa matta you, Altair?

1015153.gif

Click on the Altair status after setting up the anibus in the basement. Might have to wait and do it after the first time you leave the unit.
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/68948/1015153.gif

[quote name='nbballard']It's not totally open- it's got barriers all over the place, I know because I desynched when I got really excited and started running to a tower that was outside where i was allowed.

I'm liking the city upgrade stuff a lot.[/QUOTE]
Well, they give you a LONG leash then to start because I was just following the ! on the map to do missions and it was taking me far beyond the fog of war and over some borders.

BTW, someone mentioned in another thread about the AC II save file being read when you start and I also had a ton of money, like 53764 florins but you end up being stripped of it all anyways. Really sucks but I suppose they couldn't have you running around buying all of Rome in one day lol.
[quote name='zeonmx']Is anyone willing to trade their officer pre order code?

I'm willing to trade my harlequin code or my xbox live trial codes for it.[/QUOTE]
Trading forum ---------------------------->

Also, there's a HUGE treat in store for
MGS4 fans who might remember a certain outfit crossover
. A character from that universe is playable in ACB.

[quote name='8bitArtist']im assuming that if i thought ac2 was kinda boring, ill find this game boring as well. right?[/QUOTE]

It depends on what you didn't like about AC2. The fighting has been improved a bit, to allow for a more offensive approach. A lot less time is spent just blocking/countering attacks. Also, the "Villa Improvement" aspect of 2 has been expanded into Rome so that you can buy building and fix them up and they enhance your abilities (fast travel, easier access to horses, and cheaper supplies). Also, now each sequence has a special goal (for 100% synching) you can gun for that unlocks new abilities, etc.

I haven't gotten this far yet, but it also looks like there will be some depth to the development of your assassin's guild.

Don't forget the trash loot! Lol, this game is turning into an offline MMO really. I've looted stuff like cotton and rings off corpses that I'm not sure what to do with yet. Figured I'd just hang onto them for now and see if they're used for bartering or collection quests.

So is the parkour as good or better than AC2? AC1 was slow and stiff, but seemed to me AC2 was faster and more enjoyable. Anyone see a difference to ACB?

[quote name='wrencrest']So is the parkour as good or better than AC2? AC1 was slow and stiff, but seemed to me AC2 was faster and more enjoyable. Anyone see a difference to ACB?[/QUOTE]
I keep fucking jumping off walls because I'm so used to hitting X when shimmying in Castlevania lol. I don't think they changed the controls at all, but AC II came out a year ago so it's hard to tell. I will say it's an incredibly rough learn curve since they kind of assume you already know how to play. Took me a while to remember that L1 locks on targets in combat and that's how you use your hidden blade for blocking/attacking. Was getting my ass beat just running into combat hitting square and nothing was happening lol.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/707492.html
Here's the GT review and it's pretty solid with my perception of the game so far. They especially mirror my initial thoughts on the MP and how hardcore players will be turned off by how random it can be. It's what I said day-fucking-one of the beta and I guess I'll be skipping it altogether after hearing it hasn't changed. Really sucks because I liked getting the platinum for AC II, but this one has too many retarded MP trophies so I guess I'll have plenty of time to play NFS before Cataclysm hits.

It's great how one of the guy's complaints about the multiplayer is sometimes there are too many similar characters in one spot to tell who your target is.
THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!!!!!!!!!

Has a lot changed since the beta? Have they added more maps? How are all the little tweaks they talked about?

My copy should be getting here tomorrow. Looking forward to some CAG nights.

Yeah, that one complaint was out of place but I didn't pay much mind to it. I'm pretty surprised it's been completely silent here regarding MP TBH. People were pumped about the beta and talking about playing retail, but now that it's here they're either too busy playing it, another game, or just SP.

I've been playing the MP Rank 21. I usually hate it though, because I always quit once I start doing bad - so I leave with a bad taste. I should really quit when I'm in first.. The game can be the most frusturating thing at times - 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 8th WAATAF!?

I'm guessing 98% of people have muttered or thought at one point, *someone kills you* "(insert points here) points!?!? How the fuck!? fuck THAT! "

LOL, that's totally true. A guy killed me yesterday and got upwards of 900 points and I was like HOW THE HELL! Then later I got a 650 point kill after the bonuses, so it sort of makes sense. Anyway, I'm at rank 13 myself, enjoying it for the most part. I finished 1st in 5 of my first 7 matches, but it's gotten harder now as people rank up and get some of the better equipment. Still fun to go on a spree toward the end and jump from 6th to 2nd just in time :]

OK, remember how I said the learning curve is rough? Well, I'm pretty fucking pissed now having found out there was an ENTIRE combat mechanic I had no idea about. Seeing it now, I'm pretty sure it was in AC II but again that was a year ago and I don't remember these things. I think Castlevania has really spoiled me because the game would not let you continue until you performed what they were trying to teach. In ACB, you get these little pop-up tips right in the middle of combat and what happens is you miss them because you're focusing on the fight. Do they ever come back if you don't do it? Nope. Do they slow time down so you can see what they're talking about? Nope. Do they even explain this shit during combat VR training sessions? NOPE!

Just awful design and I'm really glad I found this video (don't worry, no spoilers) before getting too far in the game because it's a pretty fucking important mechanic that I had no clue about. I still don't know exactly how to do this, but I'll be trying it tonight and it will make a world of difference because my fights would go like: parry attack, execute, parry, execute, oh he's armored so knee, execute. I'd never go on the offensive because every time I did, I'd get stabbed in the back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGJHderBhfs

It's an animated film. It's 13 minutes long. Haven't watched it to know when the story is, or if it's actually animated or just some reading rainbow style crap.

This game hasn't grabbed me like AC 1 AND AC2 did, perhaps is the whole seeing it again 1 year later, this game seems to be like a gap type game, basically AC 2.5.

I played for a few hours, maybe later it gets better when I see something new that I

didn't see at E3 or on Previews last year.

Yeah, it's a little too soon and I'm feeling the grind tug at me already, but they toned down the amount of collectibles from what I can tell. I can say this, blow all your money on buying shops early and just do Borgia towers while the bank accumulates cash (I'm banking 11k every 20 minutes already and I still don't have enough to buy everything o_O). That way by the time some nice gear comes along, you'll be rolling in dough and doing the main quest will be a breeze since guards will be less prominent throughout districts. That and a shop or fast-travel tunnel will never be far away if you need something.

I was browsing the various preorder bonus skin codes on eBay and the 'Officer' skin seems to be in higher demand than the other skins (fetching nearly twice as much). Just curious why. I thought Amazon's Helschmied Drachen armor looks way cooler and that's where I preordered mine.

Does the Best Buy's Officer skin come inside the game and it came in some preorder box?

[quote name='eau']I was browsing the various preorder bonus skin codes on eBay and the 'Officer' skin seems to be in higher demand than the other skins (fetching nearly twice as much). Just curious why. I thought Amazon's Helschmied Drachen armor looks way cooler and that's where I preordered mine.

Does the Best Buy's Officer skin come inside the game and it came in some preorder box?[/QUOTE]
It's because nobody buys the game from Best Buy. Also, it's a MP skin rather than a SP skin, so being rare and online content drives value. Best Buy also didn't advertise it well, especially since the box itself does not mention the officer code is inside at all. There would be no way to distinguish what copies have a code over what does not unless you peer down through the top of the case and can see the wording.

FYI, I'm reading that people have run into a game-breaking bug, so beware. No spoilers here, but the fast-travel tunnel can apparently bug the first time you use it (part of the story, no workaround) where you're dead on the other end and since it saves beforehand you're stuck dead forever. This apparently only happens the first time you use it, but I'm not going to risk it and won't use the fast travel until they patch. Just a heads up so nobody is caught off-guard.

Oh and speaking of bugs: last night I was looking for a spot to jump off into hay from a church cross and forgot to let go of R2. Next thing I know I'm kind of leaping off, but FLOATING down like I'm on an escalator rofl. Best part was when I finally 'landed' time sped up and I epicly SPLAT on the pavement haha. Gotta love release bugs because some are just hilarious.

[quote name='Jodou']
Oh and speaking of bugs: last night I was looking for a spot to jump off into hay from a church cross and forgot to let go of R2. Next thing I know I'm kind of leaping off, but FLOATING down like I'm on an escalator rofl. Best part was when I finally 'landed' time sped up and I epicly SPLAT on the pavement haha. Gotta love release bugs because some are just hilarious.[/QUOTE]
Thats a cool bug.

Can we get some more impressions?
I loved AC2 and want to pick this up on thanksgiving day say at K-mart but I would like to hear more about it
Who's the SP compared to 2?
Is the MP any good? any chance of a CAG clan?

So I finally started focusing on the storyline again last night and got through sequence 4. The first time you call in your trained assassin(s), it's indescribably epic. Training the brotherhood recruits and calling them in to assist during fights is seriously worth the price of admission alone. The reviewers got it right: this is the best Assassin's Creed yet.

[quote name='Bazylik']what is cataclysm?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nbballard']It's an animated film. It's 13 minutes long. Haven't watched it to know when the story is, or if it's actually animated or just some reading rainbow style crap.[/QUOTE]
Watched the animated thing last night. It was stupid- and it should have been part of the game.

It basically explains the lead-up to the scene before Ezio gets home. Ezio goes and talks to Leo, Leo is forced to work for the evil guy and build the golden gun used in that scene.

bread's done
Back