Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, forgot to mention, but I didn't need any override or anything, but the shelf tags were explicitly blocked off so you couldn't see a price.

Okay went to another wallyworld , YOU MUST Get the copy with the armor unlock code on it they have different upc off by one number that's why my other one rang up full price

Is this game worth a damn to spend $10 over black Friday or is it just Assassin's Creed 2011, small incremental updates?

Now I might have to return all the copies I got because I don't think the WM upc will match up with BB copies cause I was planning on getting a PM and the receipt just says "PS3 GAME #UPC" Wanted to use up some RZ cert i just earned too! :(

[quote name='ijustw1n']Is this game worth a damn to spend $10 over black Friday or is it just Assassin's Creed 2011, small incremental updates?[/QUOTE]

It's only $5 over. BF price is $34.99!

Confirmed working in Plano, Texas. Checked out at 8:05am CST. Only one X360 copy was out on the shelf, didn't have a price tag under it, so I grabbed it and took it to the electronics counter. When I asked how much it would be the clerk said 39.96 before he even scanned it, and no overrides required. It does have the sticker for the Brutus armor on the box. On my way out I looked at the PS3 shelf, the copy there also had no price tag but did not have the armor sticker, just the artwork saying it included AC1.

Great find OP! Thanks a lot.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Is this game worth a damn to spend $10 over black Friday or is it just Assassin's Creed 2011, small incremental updates?[/QUOTE]

It depends if waiting in line for 2 hours is worth $5 to you.

[quote name='dino88']Great find OP! Thanks a lot.

It depends if waiting in line for 2 hours is worth $5 to you.[/QUOTE]

Well forget the price difference. Is this game worth it? Metacritic seems a bit mixed with a positive leaning.

I guess the bonus for the ps3 version is I also get 1 and after just picking up brotherhood from best buy for $10. I almost have them all for a big playthrough.

[quote name='henry00x']i have a good feeling amazon will have this for the same price or $35 on BF, if you feel like waiting[/QUOTE]

Yeah...that's what I was thinking. Gonna be about $10 saved there for me. Plus I have Skyrim and MW3 to play, I know if I had AC:R sitting at my house right now it wouldn't even get played until at least BF.

From SD, sounds like this is the Walmart exclusive version - so for anyone looking to play then trade in to Amazon, etc - the UPC might not match up.

Got it for PS3. Made sure I got one with the code so it rang up correctly.

Thanks OP/person who pointed out it had to be the one with the code.

[quote name='FactionG']FFS! I just picked it up at a Gamestop across from Walmart thinking the extras were worth it. The fucking signature code don't even work at the moment and I wish I could have saved the $20... :cry:[/QUOTE]

why are you shopping at Gamespot? They give you nothing for your money. Toys R Us, Walmart, Kmart, and Amazon give you extras, including gift cards. Never, EVER shop at Gamestop until they reward you for your loyalty. A digital gun is not bonus content!

Thanks OP! Picked one up at the Wal-Mart in North Richland Hills, TX. 43.26 out the door. I'll pay the extra 5 bucks to not have to wait or deal with the BF mess.

Picked it up for both PS3 and 360. Both copies rang up at $39.96 although the PS3 veresion was tagged at $59.99.

FWIW I made sure I got both versions that had the DLC. Not sure why anyone would chose NOT to get free DLC but whatever

[quote name='MSUHitman']My code worked fine on the Ubisoft site. Downloaded the soundtrack already and movie is in process (1.9 GB zip file download.)[/QUOTE]

Still not working for me. Man I really wish I had known about WM's deal instead. I had $32 in GS credit that I could have used for the Skyward Sword bundle. And if I had known the Signature Edition's code would give me this much trouble, I wouldn't have bothered. Oh well...

It's a go in central Columbus on armor version for $39.96.

Grabbed one and walked next door to PM at BBY and they gave me some grief because the skus are different. Luckily the manager I know was there and he just told the cashier that it's the same game just give him the credit.

Btw skus are

Armored: 008888536840

Regular: 00888526841

I guess technically they can deny you so hopefully you get a CSR that's not uptight. And yes you will have to have a manager override

Oh btw the TiV is out. $25 base. So you get the code and a rental for $7.50 ($5 if you have unlocked after $5 for max Payne 3 50% bonus)

This is actually YMMV, because I just visited both of my local Walmarts and the only Assassins Creed ringing up at $39.96 was Brotherhood. There was a memo taped to the games cabinet noting price drops and Brotherhood was on it.

:/

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']This is actually YMMV, because I just visited both of my local Walmarts and the only Assassins Creed ringing up at $39.96 was Brotherhood. There was a memo taped to the games cabinet noting the price drops.

:/[/QUOTE]

Did you make sure it had a small icon on the front of the box saying "only at Walmart"? If it didn't have that tag it will ring up $59.96.

If it has that tag it will ring up $39.96

Btw skus are

Armored: 008888536840 (rings up $39.96)

Regular: 00888526841 (rings up $59.96)

MAKE SURE YOU GRAB THE RIGHT COPY!!!

Just grabbed my copy in NW Burbs of Chicago. Shelf price was $59.99 but rang up at $39. They only had copies with the Armor code as well.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Did you make sure it had a small icon on the front of the box saying "only at Walmart"? If it didn't have that tag it will ring up $59.96.

If it has that tag it will ring up $39.96

Btw skus are

Armored: 008888536840 (rings up $39.96)

Regular: 00888526841 (rings up $59.96)

MAKE SURE YOU GRAB THE RIGHT COPY!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, I did, in fact I even inquired what the differences were and both stores rang up each copy...same price :(

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Yes, I did, in fact I even inquired what the differences were and both stores rang up each copy...same price :([/QUOTE]

Not that I don't believe you but someone earlier said that it was a "no go" at his store because when he "asked" the associate she told him it was full price.

I don't know how they fix an error or glitch or whatever this is at one store. I know a lot of things at walmart are YMMV but I don't understand how this could be. It seems like if it was dead it'd be dead everyone. I could understand a memo being put out where stores would post flyers stating that iwas a price mistake and then NOT honor the price but I don't see how it would ring up differently from store to store

Working in Columbus, OH as of 10:15am EST. I picked-up the 360 version for $40, PS3 scanned @ $60. The bonus Walmart DLC is an extra character outfit.

[quote name='GBAstar']Not that I don't believe you but someone earlier said that it was a "no go" at his store because when he "asked" the associate she told him it was full price.

I don't know how they fix an error or glitch or whatever this is at one store. I know a lot of things at walmart are YMMV but I don't understand how this could be. It seems like if it was dead it'd be dead everyone. I could understand a memo being put out where stores would post flyers stating that iwas a price mistake and then NOT honor the price but I don't see how it would ring up differently from store to store[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not sure what else I can tell you, but they did scan both copies and both were ringing up at $60. I suspect there maybe a glitch in the system in which the new sale price for Brotherhood is ringing up for Revelations.

Returned the one I bought an hour ago and got the one with the armor sticker on it, went to Bestbuy as well and picked up the CE for Brotherhood for $24.99

i may still go ahead and pick this up if it's still working. I have to go get something from walmart anyways and it'd save me a trip to BB on black friday. I can probably sell that armor code for $5. We'll see.

Confirmed to work in Fairhaven, MA as of 10a.m. Thanks OP! Was going to grab this on Black Friday at BB, but I'd rather spend an extra $5 camp out somewhere else and not deal with adding yet another thing to my shopping list on that day. The shelf tag was marked $39.96, and they only had the Wal-Mart exclusive with the armor code.

Finally have to admit that Wal-Mart opening a store 5 minutes from where I work can be beneficial.

Both the 360 and the PS3 versions were shelf-tagged at 39.96, but when she rang up the PS3 version, it was 59.96. I pointed out the tag and she agreed to price match it; the problem was they didn't have any of the "Only at Walmart" versions in the case, and the SKU was off by 1. Still got the game Day 1 for $20 off, though; I would've waited for a price drop but I really wanted the original game included. That's an amazing "preorder bonus" right there.

I might take it back later and try and exchange for the preorder bonus, or I might try and price match at Best Buy.

Saddle Brook NJ, for 40. price sticker shows 40 but rang up 60 so they need to do price change, but it works at the end. didnt get the walmart only armor though...

[quote name='adamical']Finally have to admit that Wal-Mart opening a store 5 minutes from where I work can be beneficial.

Both the 360 and the PS3 versions were shelf-tagged at 39.96, but when she rang up the PS3 version, it was 59.96. I pointed out the tag and she agreed to price match it; the problem was they didn't have any of the "Only at Walmart" versions in the case, and the SKU was off by 1. Still got the game Day 1 for $20 off, though; I would've waited for a price drop but I really wanted the original game included. That's an amazing "preorder bonus" right there.

I might take it back later and try and exchange for the preorder bonus, or I might try and price match at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

it seem only xbox have the armor sticker. didnt see any ps3 version with the armor sticker for me too

This is true! I try to abide by the following rule:

Never buy a game for more than $20 unless you plan to play it IMMEDIATELY.

[quote name='Josh5890']I can wait for a $20 deal in 2 months or a gamefly $12 deal in 5 months.[/QUOTE]

they fixed the ps3 one all ready in the computer to 59.96 but i got them to pm it from the tag on the tag on the shelf reading 39.96 get yours fast before they catch it

[quote name='mrwogs2']This is true! I try to abide by the following rule:

Never buy a game for more than $20 unless you plan to play it IMMEDIATELY.[/QUOTE]

This. Plus Ubisoft games drop faster than Wall Street on a bad day. Besides, I still have to finish AC2 (2 hours in) and start Brotherhood

bread's done
Back