Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']Here is the Walmart bonus

The Armor of Brutus was a virtually unbreakable set of armor, once in the possession of the Assassin Marcus Junius Brutus. It was the strongest armor of the Rennaissance era and was found alongside the Dagger of Brutus.
The armor was stolen and treasured by the Followers of Romulus, who sealed it within a gate locked by six keys. After he had obtained these keys, the armor came into the possession of another Assassin, Ezio Auditore.

Here are the statistics for it:

Armor Piece Health Resistance
Pauldrons of Brutus 4 8 (Unbreakable)
Chest Guard of Brutus 6 8 (Unbreakable)
Vambraces of Brutus 2 8 (Unbreakable)
Greaves of Brutus 3 8 (Unbreakable)[/QUOTE]
Those appear to be the stats and info for the brotherhood armor. Can anyone confirm that its an armor set and not just a skin with no effects?

I am glad so many got in on this, but quite frankly I am MUCH more upste and jealous that the OP got a sealed SITH EDITION for retail price!!! I am still kicking myself over not buying the last copy I saw on the shelf at TRU when it first came out. I figured it would be around later for cheaper if I wanted it. DOH!!

Thanks OP. I just picked it up in Tampa, FL. The employee was aware of the pricing since alot of people are going in for it. Probably due to this thread :)

[quote name='fignutz32']Those appear to be the stats and info for the brotherhood armor. Can anyone confirm that its an armor set and not just a skin with no effects?[/QUOTE]

It is the same. Different graphics. Can't be died or changed. The poison daggers, hidden gun and climbing hand spikes do not show graphically, but can still be used.

Varying reports say that this armor also replaces the flashback armor. Some say it doesn't.

[quote name='Luxuria']So if i buy it at Walmart for $40 and go to Best Buy later tonight, can I get it price matched with no problem?[/QUOTE]

"No problem" is relative. Some are for to PM some through a hissy fit because the skus are different (walmart exclusive on artwork and 2 changed digits in the sku).

I just said that its the same game. They said no, but luckily a manager that knows I spend a buttload in his gaming department said just do it.

Managed to PM at BB. The manager did a double take but did the over ride.
Thanks to however posted the pic here. Brought that up on my iPhone and got the PM. So cool.

I already have the Signature Ed paid off at Gamestop but I'm gonna try later and see if I can get this just for the bonus outfit and CL the game for $35-$40. This is for my son by the way who is a Assasin's Creed Fanatic.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Varying reports say that this armor also replaces the flashback armor. Some say it doesn't.[/QUOTE]
If it's anything like the Amazon armor last year, it definitely ruins the experience whenever there's a costume change. Piss poor job by Ubisoft to not incorporate it better. How hard would it be to flag the DLC armor as only usable under conditions that your normal outfit is used?

[quote name='Luxuria']So if i buy it at Walmart for $40 and go to Best Buy later tonight, can I get it price matched with no problem?[/QUOTE]

No that was also my plan, but the Wal-Mart copy that is ringing up for 39 is their exclusive version with the armor, they're "regular" copy rings up at 60 which has the same sku as BB . I ended up returning the copy I got and got one at tru using my 40gc for 25 plus they give you a 15 gc & Ezio figurine

Went to the Walmart in Margate, FL and the lady in electronics didn't allow me to buy it for the listed price. She said the system price was the price she had to go by. I asked if I could speak to a manager but she just ignored my question and kept telling me the system price was the real price.

In the end, I left without talking to a manager.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Went to the Walmart in Margate, FL and the lady in electronics didn't allow me to buy it for the listed price. She said the system price was the price she had to go by. I asked if I could speak to a manager but she just ignored my question and kept telling me the system price was the real price.

In the end, I left without talking to a manager.[/QUOTE]
That's BS, unless they had signs up regarding a pricing error, they're legally bound to honor sticker price.

[quote name='mr_bungle']It was 39.99 at mine, still going to wait until BF I think. Just don't need it right now.[/QUOTE]

On BF the TIV will drop at BBY as it is a game that they are putting on sale. If you can get it and beat it by then then it is a free rental with the dlc bonus.

If you are planning on keeping it then just eBay the crusader code for $10 and you get the same BF price.

was available and labeled 39.96 in Lockport, NY Walmart. Guy behind the counter had them at hand without even having to go to the case. It was for 360 and had the armour code. God I love being a CAGer!:bouncy:

[quote name='shadowrage']Managed to PM at BB. The manager did a double take but did the over ride.
Thanks to however posted the pic here. Brought that up on my iPhone and got the PM. So cool.[/QUOTE]

Which picture did you use?

Also, thanks for those that mentioned the different SKUs. :)

[quote name='Luxuria']Which picture did you use?

Also, thanks for those that mentioned the different SKUs. :)[/QUOTE]

Look in the spoilers on the original post

[quote name='Jimmienoman']On BF the TIV will drop at BBY as it is a game that they are putting on sale. If you can get it and beat it by then then it is a free rental with the dlc bonus.

If you are planning on keeping it then just eBay the crusader code for $10 and you get the same BF price.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I intend to play it, just not right now. Have Skyrim and MW3, but for $35 I wanna go ahead and get it.

confirmed in Rocky Hill CT Walmart. Listed at full price on shelf but rang up $40

Update: PS3 version

My walmart had it listed for $40 for each, plus each platform had 2 rows of it so it's not a price mistake. Does the PS3 have the Brutus DLC or is that just for the xbox?

[quote name='tightclaws']Never call it alerts them to the error.[/QUOTE]
You are joking. At least I hope so...

If you aren't...
If I go to Best Buy to price match (a competent one at that), they will call to verify pricing/stock. I wanted to make sure I didn't waste a trip when the price doesn't verify.

As for Walmart themselves, the CSR checking the price has zero power over a corporate pricing and changing that pricing. Sorry if that was too much of a "duh" moment but some people just don't understand that...

The only time you don't call is when in relation to clearance when the CSR has a shot to take stock when not realizing the pricing.

Shot down on the deal at Livonia Mi plymouth rd store even though it was ringing at the sale price. 7mile was ringing up at full price. Taylor MI on Telegraph has the 39.96 shelf tag and it is ringing up for that amount as of 2:15 pm. Got two copies, many left. thanks OP great deal!!!

Worked in Muncie IN on the 360 not the one I wanted but oh well. Electronic manager checked me out said they already fixed the PS3 and said they should have 360 fixed by this evening. Thank you OP.

Successful PM at BBY in Porter Ranch, CA. They were ready to go as soon as I said price match. They said that they had others come in already. It was quick and painless. I even got my dlc code this time.

EDIT: Bought it for the 360

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Successful PM at BBY in Porter Ranch, CA. They were ready to go as soon as I said price match. They said that they had others come in already. It was quick and painless. I even got my dlc code this time.

EDIT: Bought it for the 360[/QUOTE]

Don't you love the early adopters that pave the way.

Happened with Madden and TRU $45. Said PM and TRU and the manager that was standing behind the CSR said "PM to $45 and I will override".

I only it was that easy all the time BBY would have all my money.

The PS3 Sku (walmart exclusive) version is ringing up at 59.96 in TX. The Xbox Sku (walmart exclusive) is ringing up at 39.96

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Don't you love the early adopters that pave the way.

Happened with Madden and TRU $45. Said PM and TRU and the manager that was standing behind the CSR said "PM to $45 and I will override".

I only it was that easy all the time BBY would have all my money.[/QUOTE]

It was truly amazing. I even had a whole speech about cutting me a break after all these dlc issues and I was going to sprinkle in some threats of going to the walmart next door.

Struck out for a PM at BBY in Kennewick, WA. Said all stores in the area didn't have the price, so they wouldn't match it. Wasn't going to fight it with a manager, even after I used most of my lunch break to get down there right after I had confirmed over the phone that I should've been good to go with the deal.

Would've loved to have had the pre-order BBY Crusader MP character, but oh well. Wife said she'd pick up a copy at Walmart for my brother and I on her lunch.

[quote name='Jodou']That's BS, unless they had signs up regarding a pricing error, they're legally bound to honor sticker price.[/QUOTE]

No they're not. Most do because it's good customer service and because an employee made a mistake so it's the stores fault.

Headed to Best Buy in Austin TX to pick up Brotherhood and price match for revelations. Call Walmart on the way over, price verified, get to the store, BB rep calls same to confirm, price is $59.96. No biggie, head over to closer Walmart to see if it's still available and pick up the PS3 for $43 after tax. Debating on whether or not I'll go to the trouble to price match at Best Buy and use my credit there or save that for black Friday.

[quote name='omyard']No they're not. Most do because it's good customer service and because an employee made a mistake so it's the stores fault.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wanted to try and find the relevant case about it, but gave up. Unless it was done intentionally to drive up business, etc, they are in the clear.

Just PM at bby in Elkhart, iN with no problem. Picked up ACR,SR3,Halo,Jurassic Park all for $160 after 10% off. Also saw two 360 hardened MW3 that weren't picked up from pre-orders. I took them both for $90 a piece, there were 5 on Sunday so I believe 3 days is fair.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah, I wanted to try and find the relevant case about it, but gave up. Unless it was done intentionally to drive up business, etc, they are in the clear.[/QUOTE]

They are legally bound if it is an advertised price in paper (ie their ad or in a distributed paper etc.

If it is a pricing error on in store signage then they aren't legally obligated to uphold the price.

The first example above is covered in bait and switch laws because they are attractin customers in to sell them other stuff.

The second isn't because WM themselves aren't trying to attract people in and sell them
Something else. Instead, word of mouth spreads the instore price which Walmart cannot be held accountable for.

Also they can get out of the first example by "posting a correction in an open and obvious place" usually most post on the front door.

I worked retail and we had to know this at my store

Jimmienoman, if not for JaylisJayP's post, I wouldn't have scored a Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE for my 360. Thanks, JaylisJayP!

[quote name='Crazyhowie']Struck out for a PM at BBY in Kennewick, WA. Said all stores in the area didn't have the price, so they wouldn't match it. Wasn't going to fight it with a manager, even after I used most of my lunch break to get down there right after I had confirmed over the phone that I should've been good to go with the deal.

Would've loved to have had the pre-order BBY Crusader MP character, but oh well. Wife said she'd pick up a copy at Walmart for my brother and I on her lunch.[/QUOTE]

I heard the exact same thing. She said the Kennewick Walmart was showing $59.96. I asked if she could call another Walmart store. She said no, that Best Buy only goes by advertised prices, etc, and the Kennewick Walmart was the closest in proximity anyway.

At that point, I was wondering how much of a fuss to make. I'd already paid $5 toward a AC:R pre-order and I knew with the 5 pre-ordered games = $100 gift card offer that I was essentially getting a $20 gift card with the purchase.... So I gritted my teeth and paid the remaining $59+ (after tax).

I miss the Best Buy brand of a year ago that actually showed interest in competing for business. The company's attitude seems to have changed dramatically....

bread's done
Back