Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked in ABQ today, had a shelf tag saying 39.96 and everything!

This was the pre order sticker version if anyone cares.

Worked in Los Angeles. Didin't have the game on the shelf though. Had to ask and they got it from the back. PS3

Just got mine in Gibsonia, PA. It wasn't on the shelf either, had to ask - no biggie, rang up at the $40 price and had the armor code sticker on the front. Thanks OP!

[quote name='omyard']No they're not. Most do because it's good customer service and because an employee made a mistake so it's the stores fault.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Too many people are quick to pull out the whole "legal" card and it's simply not true as a blanket statement.

So my store had it priced 39.96 but rang up 59.99. Picked up a PS3 copy for my brother.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']They are legally bound if it is an advertised price in paper (ie their ad or in a distributed paper etc.

If it is a pricing error on in store signage then they aren't legally obligated to uphold the price.

The first example above is covered in bait and switch laws because they are attractin customers in to sell them other stuff.

The second isn't because WM themselves aren't trying to attract people in and sell them
Something else. Instead, word of mouth spreads the instore price which Walmart cannot be held accountable for.

Also they can get out of the first example by "posting a correction in an open and obvious place" usually most post on the front door.

I worked retail and we had to know this at my store[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah, I wanted to try and find the relevant case about it, but gave up. Unless it was done intentionally to drive up business, etc, they are in the clear.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you can always pick a lawyer (student?) out of a crowd.

Essentially it's going to be based on state law but the majority of consumer protection statutes aren't going to cover a pricing error so you're essentially SOL...

[quote name='Bizzquik']I heard the exact same thing. She said the Kennewick Walmart was showing $59.96. I asked if she could call another Walmart store. She said no, that Best Buy only goes by advertised prices, etc, and the Kennewick Walmart was the closest in proximity anyway.

At that point, I was wondering how much of a fuss to make. I'd already paid $5 toward a AC:R pre-order and I knew with the 5 pre-ordered games = $100 gift card offer that I was essentially getting a $20 gift card with the purchase.... So I gritted my teeth and paid the remaining $59+ (after tax).

I miss the Best Buy brand of a year ago that actually showed interest in competing for business. The company's attitude seems to have changed dramatically....[/QUOTE]

God, I hate that BB. I remember trying to buy the DJ Hero case/stand for $5 on clearance when it was still marked MSRP $30. The assholes refused to sell it to me, saying it's $5 when you buy the game with it. I asked why it was showing up as $5 on its own and they just made shit up that it was a glitch.

When I got back to Spokane later that day, I went to another Best Buy, found the case and promptly bought it for $5 and some change. Quick and painless.

[quote name='IronZombie']Didn't this game just come out? lol how is it 40$ already?[/QUOTE]

Oops ie by WM.

WM has their own sku'd version for preorder/first runs and apparently priced them wrong (the regular editions of the game sell for $59.96, but the WM exclusives sell for $39.96)

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Oops ie by WM.[/QUOTE]

:D love those. I'm probably still gonna hold out for the 35$ copy on BF. Damn I'm cheap..

Went my walmart, apparently they already found out about the price error and did not put any AC:revelations in the shelves. Sheesh!oh well, il just wait for the price drop at some point in time.

[quote name='jj5206']I wish all games were $40 at launch...[/QUOTE]

That would be great but I would be satisfied with paying $50 for a launch game like they were last gen. The $60 price tag turns me off so I wait for much lower prices.

This is a great price especially for day one release; however, I'm going to wait until it's $9.99. I just picked up Brotherhood from Best Buy today for $9.99. Patience is the key. I don't even know when I'll get around to playing Brotherhood so +1 to the backlog.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Went my walmart, apparently they already found out about the price error and did not put any AC:revelations in the shelves. Sheesh!oh well, il just wait for the price drop at some point in time.[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't either but it was because they didn't have a midnight release. So they sat there until the electonics stock crew got to them. I had to ask them to dig a couple out for me.

thought about heading out at lunch to check it out but
A. My backlog is big enough
B. I'm sure it will be on sale for 40$ again by the time I have time to play it
C. I have work and didn't want to make the trip to walmart just to come back empty handed if they corrected the price already.

[quote name='jj5206']I wish all games were $40 at launch...[/QUOTE]

I would have gladly paid $60 for Skyrim at launch as I know I will have 100+ hours in that game at a minimum. Luckily I got a TRU PM to $60 and $20 GC. Best part is that They just gave me a $20 GC leaving the price at $60, because of them promising a premium map and them not being able to deliver.

[quote name='pacino408']I picked up the 360 version at Milpitas CA, it included the armor code.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except I got the PS3 version!! Couldn't believe it, deal still lives over here.

just got back from walmart in freehold, NJ (it just recently turned into 24 hours!!). The tag said $60 but rang up $40...i screamed YESSSSSS!

still alive.

I can confirm for Las Vegas, NV (or at least a certain store). It's still going on at the Fort Apache and Hacienda. Got my copy no problems.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Haha, you can always pick a lawyer (student?) out of a crowd.

Essentially it's going to be based on state law but the majority of consumer protection statutes aren't going to cover a pricing error so you're essentially SOL...[/QUOTE]

Yeah after a bit of scanning my state law for a few mins, I decided not to try and argue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes, i think this type of things are intentional... so more copies will be sold on day one making it look an awesome launch day... hehe! either way, it makes customers happy for cheaper stuff.

39.96 in Albany, NY for Xbox 360. Price was labeled right in the game case. Got a successful price match at Best Buy, they didn't want to do it at first because it wasn't showing online. Then they decided to call and the guy at Walmart was being difficult, but he ended up telling them it was 39.96 in store.

Thanks OP and everybody else that kept this thread updated this morning.

Got one for the PS3. They had 2 different versions, one with the armor and one without. The upc from the one with the armor was the one listed on the shelf for $39, so I just got that one. They had all the PS3 versions on a cart though instead of the shelf but the 360 ones were on the shelf.

[quote name='EuroTrash']100% synchronization for PS3 version at Walmart Fair Lakes in Fairfax, VA. Tag said $60 but rang up at $40.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i saw what you did there! CAG community is great for putting out the APB.

So the guy at a Walmart in Des Moines, IA grabs me a copy out of the endcap (where the sticker read $59.96). Then I see a copy in the case itself with the $39.96 sticker. I say, "I think I want this one instead." He guns the one I have in my hand and it rings up $39.96.

Walmart guy says, "Sh*t, I paid $60 for this at Gamestop just this morning."

I told the guy he should really visit CheapAssGamer sometime.

Still alive in Indiana. Scored one at the Clinton store. Even the associate was shocked and made the comment that something must be screwed up because it just came out today, then he said he'd better get his copy before they caught it. Lol

CAG FTW!

Picked up a copy with price match at the 275 Main St White Plains, NY 10601 Walmart. Manager was cool and had one of the guys do the override when I showed her the UPC #.

Hate to be that guy but whats the trade in value on new releases? I like AC but still haven't played brotherhood. Good deal but I'm really not ready to play or buy it yet...

Went to the Tamaqua PA Store. Sticker said $39.99 walked out paying $39.99 and tax for a PS3 copy.

So with that and the deals I got on AC II and Brotherhood I ended up paying $60 and tax for all 4 games. Which is MSRP for Revelations :)

Thank you OP, you rock for not having me have to go out on BF for it. That extra $5 is worth it since I don't need to go to BB at midnight. I love CAG.

[quote name='Althax']Hate to be that guy but whats the trade in value on new releases? I like AC but still haven't played brotherhood. Good deal but I'm really not ready to play or buy it yet...[/QUOTE]

I assume with this an the black friday sales, it's going to miserable.

:):):)alright guys so if you take the toysrus ad with the part in it about the 15 dollar giftcard and buy the previous deal mentioned for this game there ( $39.99 deal) you will get ac: revelations for $26.46 ( that IS including tax). This was in the allentown walmart in pennsylvania, so it might be ymmv...but try it anyways:D

ONE MORE THING: try to buy it in xbox 360 version because they said that might be the only version that the 39.99 price mistake is working on now..

I kind of want to take advantage of this, but with II and Brotherhood on my shelf waiting for me to play them,... by the time I get to them, it'll be $30 or less (this release, that is).

Thanks for the information, though, guys!

sir fragalot , return your copy and buy another one while price matching the toysrus 15 dollar gift card deal!!! if ya can....

saw this in my store. Not interested in this game, but figured I would check. I wish more games were this price at launch...

bread's done
Back