Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrwogs2']This is true! I try to abide by the following rule:

Never buy a game for more than $20 unless you plan to play it IMMEDIATELY.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Was really debating on picking this up considering my current backlog and BF, then I remembered I had a giftcard, so it was a no brainer. Bought at at the Baldwin Park, CA location, tagged for the low price and no issues.

I just went and it rang up regular price. It had the sticker in front, but not the Walmart exclusive sticker. The guy was just putting them in the display cases. I couldn't see if there were other versions at this store. Hialeah, FL. Just my luck.

lol im with you guys. i was all jazzed up to get it for 40, but black friday bestbuy has it for 35, and a pricematch doesn't seem like it's going down today, and i only want to spend my credit @ amazon/bestbuy.

and yeah ubisoft...
and huge backlog of AAA games...
and gamefly sales....
and i havnt finished ac2 or started brotherhood.../backlog!

yeah i guess i can wait ;)

[quote name='sluggo']No luck in the Coaltownship PA Walmart. They don't have it on the shelf and the worker looked through most of the boxes and couldn't find it! I guess I'll try out the one in Bloomsburgh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFs1WZPrEQw[/QUOTE]

I demand the 7:36 of my life that I just wasted back! Awful video!

Denver, CO / 9:13 am MT / Nov 15, 2011 Confirmed - Just picked up AC Revelations for $39.96. Walmart hadn't even put them on the shelf yet, but the clerk was kind enough to open up the shipping boxes and voila! She said she assumed it was probably $59.96, but when she scanned it right out of the shipping box, it was $39.96 with no hook blades or hassle involved. Giddy up before Wally realizes it just sold all its Revelations inventory at its Brotherhood price!

[quote name='Josh5890']I can wait for a $20 deal in 2 months or a gamefly $12 deal in 5 months.[/QUOTE]

Really? 2 months? I'll send you $25 right now if you send me acr in 2 months.

Thanks OP. I managed to snag one for $39.96 for XBOX 360. Both PS3 and XBOX 360 were tagged for $39.96 and rang up no problem and this was for the "Walmart Only" version. Also this was still working as of 11:25am EST.

[quote name='sluggo']No luck in the Coaltownship PA Walmart. They don't have it on the shelf and the worker looked through most of the boxes and couldn't find it! I guess I'll try out the one in Bloomsburgh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFs1WZPrEQw[/QUOTE]
Are you really that desperate for youtube hits that you feel the need to spam every, single post you make with them?

Just snagged a copy here for $40. Was priced at $59.99 but rang up at $39.99. Wasnt planning on getting this today but for $40 its hard to say no. Thanks OP

[quote name='Claus DuBois']Denver, CO / 9:13 am MT / Nov 15, 2011 Confirmed - Just picked up AC Revelations for $39.96. Walmart hadn't even put them on the shelf yet, but the clerk was kind enough to open up the shipping boxes and voila! She said she assumed it was probably $59.96, but when she scanned it right out of the shipping box, it was $39.96 with no hook blades or hassle involved. Giddy up before Wally realizes it just sold all its Revelations inventory at its Brotherhood price![/QUOTE]

Which walmart was that? So tempted to get this, but like others, still have AC2 and Brotherhood to complete lol.

Here is the Walmart bonus

The Armor of Brutus was a virtually unbreakable set of armor, once in the possession of the Assassin Marcus Junius Brutus. It was the strongest armor of the Rennaissance era and was found alongside the Dagger of Brutus.
The armor was stolen and treasured by the Followers of Romulus, who sealed it within a gate locked by six keys. After he had obtained these keys, the armor came into the possession of another Assassin, Ezio Auditore.

Here are the statistics for it:

Armor Piece Health Resistance
Pauldrons of Brutus 4 8 (Unbreakable)
Chest Guard of Brutus 6 8 (Unbreakable)
Vambraces of Brutus 2 8 (Unbreakable)
Greaves of Brutus 3 8 (Unbreakable)

I was successful in getting Best Buy to price match.

I had already bought the 360 version from Walmart for 39.96. I went to the customer service desk at BBY to pick up my pre-order for the 360 version that I had placed there. I showed my Walmart purchase receipt (no game title on receipt, just the UPC number) and a picture print-out of the 39.96 price sticker. The rep there called the Walmart to confirm the 39.96 price and in-stock availability, and then granted the price match. I then returned the copy that I had bought from Walmart back to Walmart.

For those of you wanting to try a price match at Best Buy, and you don't have a purchase receipt or price sticker picture like I did, you may still have a decent shot. Tell the rep at the BBY customer service desk that Walmart doesn't have a weekly ad this week, but you saw AC:R at Walmart for $39.96 and they can call the store to verify. This should have a good shot at working, I'd think. And if you get unlucky with a uninformed Walmart rep on the phone that quotes a $59.96 price, I suppose you can ask the BBY rep to either tell the Walmart rep to scan the price or try calling a different Walmart store.

And as always, be calm and polite about it and don't pitch a fit. If you get denied, just say "thanks, it's okay", walk away, and try at a different store. Best of luck.

[quote name='Velo214']lol im with you guys. i was all jazzed up to get it for 40, but black friday bestbuy has it for 35, and a pricematch doesn't seem like it's going down today, and i only want to spend my credit @ amazon/bestbuy.

and yeah ubisoft...
and huge backlog of AAA games...
and gamefly sales....
and i havnt finished ac2 or started brotherhood.../backlog!

yeah i guess i can wait ;)[/QUOTE]

You dont think a best buy price match is possible? Well I'll take that challenge at lunch today.

This is a good deal but if you use a 10% off coupon at best buy and do the 5/$100 the game comes out to $33 and you can still do any PM's if the game drops.

Confirmed for Reading PA

My local Walmart claimed not to have any, so I had to travel to the Reading Supercenter. Was not on shelf, but behind register. When I asked for a price check, employee stated it was 59.99, but after scanning it, it rang up (much to her surprise) for the $40.

Thanks for the heads up!

Managed to get my copy at walmart for $39.96 despite being advertised for $20 more. I bought Brotherhod for the same price last year but it took about a month for it to drop in price. Would be nice if more AAA titles had this kind of release day price(even if it's due to pricing errors).

Thanks OP.

Just left Wal-Mart on Independence in Springfield, MO. Had the clerk get it out of the case. She rang it up and Immediatly hit a button to override it. It required a Manager Override. I saw the $39.96 flash on the screen before she hit the button. She walked away and came back, redid the transaction and let me buy it for $43 w/tax. I asked her what was going on. She said they were suppose to be putting new barcodes on them and it was a price mistake, she said she was suppose to override it to $59.96. As I was walking out there was a guy pulling all of the copies out of the case.

I was not going to buy this but for $40 w/the first one included I had to. I have 2 & Brotherhood so this gives me all 4 to play. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Here is the Walmart bonus

The Armor of Brutus was a virtually unbreakable set of armor, once in the possession of the Assassin Marcus Junius Brutus. It was the strongest armor of the Rennaissance era and was found alongside the Dagger of Brutus.
The armor was stolen and treasured by the Followers of Romulus, who sealed it within a gate locked by six keys. After he had obtained these keys, the armor came into the possession of another Assassin, Ezio Auditore.

Greaves of Brutus 3 8 (Unbreakable)[/QUOTE]
Did you in-store copy have the Walmart pre order bonus?

picked up one today for 39.96 as well in Ogdensburg, New York.. all this town have is Wal-Mart heh

only 360 verison have that bonus.. I think.. PS3 comes with Assassin's Creed 1

[quote name='kevgret']This is a good deal but if you use a 10% off coupon at best buy and do the 5/$100 the game comes out to $33 and you can still do any PM's if the game drops.[/QUOTE]

You won't get the 10% off coupon. If you're doing the 5/100, I would buy and then just PM by bringing the WM receipt up there along with the game so you can say "I guess I'll go with WalMart since they're cheaper" if they deny you.

Confirmed this is live in Amarillo, TX too.

Took a picture of the price tag and the game and took to my Best Buy. They called Walmart to confirm the price and that they had in stock and price matched no problem. Best for me since i had gift cards from trade ins.

Thanks OP!:applause:

[quote name='sgaldis']Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO! You're like a drill sergeant or something!:lol: This ^ should be stickied and made a standard of how to post this type of YMMV deal!:applause:

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']You won't get the 10% off coupon. If you're doing the 5/100, I would buy and then just PM by bringing the WM receipt up there along with the game so you can say "I guess I'll go with WalMart since they're cheaper" if they deny you.[/QUOTE]

I already used the 10% coupon for three games and they all show up in my best buy game tracker as confirmed for the 5/100.

Many people have used the 10% AND have had the game show up in the tracker as eligible for the 5/100.

[quote name='lawhorns04']Confirmed for me in Austin, TX at the store in South Austin off of 71. I hope to get BB to price adjust the one I had preordered for the $20 rewardzone credit. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

The one by Mopac or I-35?

Just called and confirmed the price of $39.96 in Pasco, WA. I'm going to call BB and see if they'll price match for me before I drive over there.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']Just called and confirmed the price of $39.96 in Pasco, WA. I'm going to call BB and see if they'll price match for me before I drive over there.[/QUOTE]

Sup man.

You live in Pasco? Good deal. I live in Kennewick. Thanks for the pricing confirmation.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Sup man.

You live in Pasco? Good deal. I live in Kennewick. Thanks for the pricing confirmation.[/QUOTE]

I knew there had more be more Tri-Cities folk around here!

[quote name='kevgret']This is a good deal but if you use a 10% off coupon at best buy and do the 5/$100 the game comes out to $33 and you can still do any PM's if the game drops.[/QUOTE]

Or you can just PM now.... Why would you wait?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Or you can just PM now.... Why would you wait?[/QUOTE]

Because PM's have been getting denied according to ths thread and the best buy 5/100 thread.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Here is the Walmart bonus

Greaves of Brutus 3 8 (Unbreakable)[/QUOTE]

FYI this is the same armor you got in Brotherhood once you beat all of the Romulus dens. I'm sure it looks the same as well.

Glad a lot of you guys and gals were able to get in on this. Seems like it was definitely some kind of glitch/error, but it seems like it's been going strong for a good 12 hours or so!

Looks like it might be dying off as I just called a Walmart who checked/verified price at 59.96. Note a different Walmart in my area had it earlier at 39.96.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Did you in-store copy have the Walmart pre order bonus?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It will have a tag on the actual artwork next to ezio head that says only at Walmart.

[quote name='lordopus99']Looks like it might be dying off as I just called a Walmart who checked/verified price at 59.96. Note a different Walmart in my area had it earlier at 39.96.[/QUOTE]

Never call it alerts them to the error.

[quote name='tightclaws']Never call it alerts them to the error.[/QUOTE]
Can't believe people have to be told. Even if you're coy about the question, if enough people call it sets off red flags.

Just went to WalMart in Springfield, PA and got it for xbox for $40. They had brotherhood on its shelf space though so they grabbed one from behind the counter and it rung up as $40.

I was looking forward to the Gamestop exclusives but just can't beat that deal. I feel kinda bad...I had 5$ on GOW3 but got it from amazon for the better deal, put that 5$ towards AC:R then ended up getting this at Walmart lol. Now I have 25$ or so in credit...guess I can finally get Mario 3DS!

At this rate I will probably never set foot in Gamestop ever again. Any idea if they were price matching this?

bread's done
Back