Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Yeah WTF? I'm buying 2 so I can sell the DLC and trade/sell one so I come out with a cheap copy for myself. It's not a hot flip so why try so hard with little profit?[/QUOTE]

Cause hoos is an idiot. I can understand trying to price something to sell but $5 below the next available option doesn't make much sense. Somebody is obviously new to this.

So I just picked up my copy for the 360. After the guy got it out of the glass case, he slammed the glass door on his thumb. And while he was bitchin' about his finger and trying to tell me about how cheap the new halo was, I was trying my hardest not to laugh my ass off. :D

thanks! I stopped by Walmart after work tonight, assuming they'd fixed the price by then. The sticker price was $39.96 but rang up as $59.96. They adjusted the price + an additional $3 off for having to do the price adjustment, pretty sweet! As soon as they completed my transaction the sales guy ran to the back to re-print the stickers to $59.96.

[quote name='sgaldis']Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the receipt would have been posted if condoms or tampons or something crazy was on it lol j/k
I wonder why it is already at 40, makes me kinda worried about picking it up.

I wonder if it is still 40 today tomorrow depend on the time. To those who got it... how is it? Is it better than brotherhood in terms of story? I mean i pick up my signature edition from gamestop but I might return it

Just picked it up a few minutes ago (3:30 AM here). Aside from having to track down someone with keys to the game case, it went smoothly. It was marked and rang up at $39.96, but I won't be starting it til after I've had my fill of Skyrim and BF3. Good deal though

I like the signature edition preorder better than the $20 off. Having the extra ammo and capacity will be nice. Plus you get the extra sword in game after beating the mission. But, it is a tough call. Especially knowing that the a. creed games drop so fast. It could be $20 early next year. NOt sure why, they are really good games.

[quote name='masturfator']thanks! I stopped by Walmart after work tonight, assuming they'd fixed the price by then. The sticker price was $39.96 but rang up as $59.96. They adjusted the price + an additional $3 off for having to do the price adjustment, pretty sweet! As soon as they completed my transaction the sales guy ran to the back to re-print the stickers to $59.96.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you got the DLC version and not the regular DLC free version???? DLC version rings at $40... regular NON-DLC version rings at $60

[quote name='BegFourMercy']I like the signature edition preorder better than the $20 off. Having the extra ammo and capacity will be nice. Plus you get the extra sword in game after beating the mission. But, it is a tough call. Especially knowing that the a. creed games drop so fast. It could be $20 early next year. NOt sure why, they are really good games.[/QUOTE]

I'm putting bets on getting the that DLC later for download.... maybe... maybe not.

There's a price change in the system now to fix the pricing. From here on out it's ymmv if your store does the change right away or not.

Went to Best Buy to pm, they wouldn't because the online price was full price, if that even makes sense. So I ended up buying it at full price since it's part of my 5 for $100, but I'm never going to shop at that Best Buy ever again, this is the straw that broke the camels back.

[quote name='unluckynumber11']Went to Best Buy to pm, they wouldn't because the online price was full price, if that even makes sense. So I ended up buying it at full price since it's part of my 5 for $100, but I'm never going to shop at that Best Buy ever again, this is the straw that broke the camels back.[/QUOTE]

They pulled that with me as well yesterday in the height of the glitch with photo proof. I just want to say to them... if it is just about online prices, then match Amazon fools...

I'm actually doing it the long way as someone mentioned earlier to get a price match at Best Buy. I picked it up at Walmart and I'm taking in the receipt to get a best buy copy with my credit there and return the Walmart one.

Made a dash to Wal-Mart this morning to see if I could get in on it. No tag marked on the shelf, but a quick scan showed $39.96. Glad I got in on it before they changed it over in the system. Thanks OP!

My Walmart had mixed prices. An endcap with recent releases (MW3, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed) had it for full price but then the regular stock area for the games had them at $39.96. Tried to PM at BBY with photo proof of the price and was denied. If they had half of a brain they would have just PM'd it since I can hold out the whopping 6 days until I can get the game from them for $35 online with the Black Friday preview thing. But hey if they want to lose MORE money on the game that works for me.

Do you think Walmart would price match the B1g1 50% off that Kmart is doing? It would be great to get MW3 and get AC:R using that deal.

[quote name='mmgreenmms']Do you think Walmart would price match the B1g1 50% off that Kmart is doing? It would be great to get MW3 and get AC:R using that deal.[/QUOTE]
My experience is that they only match exact pricing. No percents off deals.

[quote name='mmgreenmms']Do you think Walmart would price match the B1g1 50% off that Kmart is doing? It would be great to get MW3 and get AC:R using that deal.[/QUOTE]

Give it a shot, nothing to lose but time and effort.

Just wanted to say thank you because this was a better deal than I got with Newegg. Pricing sticker says 39.95 in store but it rang up at $59.99 so I don't know which price it is going to be after today. Best money I've spent this month. Thanks OP!

[quote name='lordopus99']They pulled that with me as well yesterday in the height of the glitch with photo proof. I just want to say to them... if it is just about online prices, then match Amazon fools...[/QUOTE]

It's funny since their PM policy specifically states that it has to be in store price to PM and they do not PM online prices.

[quote name='vanton619']My Walmart had mixed prices. An endcap with recent releases (MW3, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed) had it for full price but then the regular stock area for the games had them at $39.96. Tried to PM at BBY with photo proof of the price and was denied. If they had half of a brain they would have just PM'd it since I can hold out the whopping 6 days until I can get the game from them for $35 online with the Black Friday preview thing. But hey if they want to lose MORE money on the game that works for me.[/QUOTE]

I could see the other side also that they were smart in not PMing as if you were doing the 5/$100 you would get the game for $20 along with preorder/1st run bonuses (AC1 and preorder code).

But yeh it's stupid that they give you hassles on PMing. Why offer a service if it only gets more people pissed off?

[quote name='vanton619']I can hold out the whopping 6 days until I can get the game from them for $35 online with the Black Friday preview thing.[/QUOTE]

Is that the Premier Silver thing I got an email about and ignored?

I got a copy last night for $39.96 and then sold the Armor of Brutus dlc for $20, so for all intents and purposes, the game cost me $20. That's way better than the signature edition as far as I'm concerned.

I tried calling 3 different walmarts and all the mundane workers keep telling me its 59.96. I know it has to be the dlc edition. Is there a way I can find the 39.96$ copy? I dont want to drive to the store for nothing. Thanks

[quote name='pandanese90']I tried calling 3 different walmarts and all the mundane workers keep telling me its 59.96. I know it has to be the dlc edition. Is there a way I can find the 39.96$ copy? I dont want to drive to the store for nothing. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, I want this deal but being kinda lazy... Maybe I'll just go hunting for it tomorrow

I hope this lasts until Friday at least. Plan to head into NJ to pick up stuff up and there should be a Walmart around there. Then Friday head to BB in NYC (with Walmart receipt) to pick up and PM!

can someone post all 4 sku's? it's weird that only the version with dlc is on sale; also I thought all initial shipments will contain the dlc.

[quote name='teknomedic']Are you sure you got the DLC version and not the regular DLC free version???? DLC version rings at $40... regular NON-DLC version rings at $60[/QUOTE]

Darnit. You're right it doesn't I just looked at it again. I didn't even think about that in the store. I was debating between the 360 and PS3 version and noticed the DLC on the 360 version. Ended up going with the PS3 copy and assumed it didn't come with the DLC since it came with AC1. Stupid me. O well, I can live with my decision. Thanks for pointing that out :D

Question for anyone who's seen Revelations at Best Buy, do they have copies with the dlc on the shelves there? I price matched last night and picked up a non-dlc copy, didn't even think to look around. If they have them out, I'll have to head back there tonight.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Question for anyone who's seen Revelations at Best Buy, do they have copies with the dlc on the shelves there? I price matched last night and picked up a non-dlc copy, didn't even think to look around. If they have them out, I'll have to head back there tonight.[/QUOTE]

No, this time, Best Buy is one of the retailer that does not have DLC in it with the game.

[quote name='jason00']I got a copy last night for $39.96 and then sold the Armor of Brutus dlc for $20, so for all intents and purposes, the game cost me $20. That's way better than the signature edition as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully in 3 days you do not get the scam where they say the code did not work and they pull your money back. This has been happening often to people on ebay. I would be very carefule selling any code. It is actually against ebay's policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kitsunisan']Question for anyone who's seen Revelations at Best Buy, do they have copies with the dlc on the shelves there? I price matched last night and picked up a non-dlc copy, didn't even think to look around. If they have them out, I'll have to head back there tonight.[/QUOTE]

Dlc prints on the receipt. U gotta confirm with cashier before paying.

[quote name='Chux']Is that the Premier Silver thing I got an email about and ignored?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm assuming that games will be part of the deal since they did games early last year and it's not a special doorbuster case like a $200 TV they only order for BF.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Hopefully in 3 days you do not get the scam where they say the code did not work and they pull your money back. This has been happening often to people on ebay. I would be very carefult selling any code. It is actually against ebay's policy.[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is cover your butt.

Always contact buyer through eBay (so it can't be disputed that you contacted the wrong person on email),

always make sure you tell exactly what you are selling and That it isn't the complete game.

Never say you will email the code in your listing as it isn't a valid delivery form and makes it a purely electronic item which they can remove the listing. Instead use clever wording like "I will contact you shortly after to get this to you ASAP".

When giving the code by email/contact always make sure that you offer to send out a physical copy (even if it is you just writing it on a piece of paper and mailing it).

I have had people try to pull that I didn't ship them the code and they want their money back and I just provide PayPal (only method I take as payment) allof the above. Never had the money returned

[quote name='Mister Sister']Question: How do you get BB to PM? There is no ad saying it is 39.96. Maybe that's a dumb question I'm still new to this.[/QUOTE]

Show them a picture of the shelf pricetag with your phone. Worked for me.

[quote name='Mister Sister']Question: How do you get BB to PM? There is no ad saying it is 39.96. Maybe that's a dumb question I'm still new to this.[/QUOTE]

Have them call the store and verify. Or bring in your own evidence (signage pics, receipt etc)

Hah, sounds sketch, but worth a try, I'll let you know of my success... BTW, prices at WalMart was the regular 59.96, tried to ring it up and the same thing...
[quote name='shadowrage']Show them a picture of the shelf pricetag with your phone. Worked for me.[/QUOTE]

I just had it price matched at Best Buy, thanks OP! She had to call to verify it was in stock and $39.96. Obviously it was.
its%252520alive%252520puppet.jpg

It's ymmv. I went to walmart near me and after ringing up the ps3 version, it showed as 59.96. They had to do an override and the snooty lady didn't want to give it to me at first for 39.96 until I pointed at the shelf tag which explicitly showed "ps3" on it for that price. At that point she said "well this is the only copy that will be sold today then" and pulled the other 4 copies from the shelf. The xbox version did ring up as 39.96 with no problems.

bread's done
Back