Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Viper51989']Anyone seen any cheap 360 controllers in the ATL area? I've been needing some for a while, but have been holding out for clearances. If anyone knows of a store that has any for cheap (blue, pink, etc...I don't care), please let me know[/quote]
I didn't check the prices but TRU did have clearance stickers on 360 controllers. I really only went there to see if they have :ps3:GRAW2 apparently it's supposed to be $5.. but no dice.[quote name='Tecka']Whoop new board. I'll start off with a question. I feel like starting a DVD collection, but since its no high priority, I don't want to spend more then 5 bucks per DVD.[/quote]check the weeklys for BestBuy and Target they're always having sales on DVDs whole lists for just $3-5.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tecka']Whoop new board. I'll start off with a question. I feel like starting a DVD collection, but since its no high priority, I don't want to spend more then 5 bucks per DVD.[/quote]check the weeklys for BestBuy and Target they're always having sales on DVDs whole lists for just $3-5.

[quote name='organicow']FYI - the Edgewood Target has 2 of the MGS4 PS3 bundles in the case, if any of you are looking for one.[/quote]
Are these hard to find? I was at the Kennesaw TRU yesterday and they had four or five of them.

[quote name='organicow']we're multiplying like kudzu![/quote]Driving along the other day, I saw a guy with a weed wacker fighting back some kudzu on his driveway. Made me laugh, because this guy has to be about as bad a procrastinator as I am.

[quote name='neocisco']And we smell like it too![/quote]
Eau du Fabacae Pueraria Lobata. Oh, all the girls will want this. :lol:

[quote name='guinaevere']Are these hard to find? I was at the Kennesaw TRU yesterday and they had four or five of them.[/QUOTE]

Kinda/not really...there are a lot of threads here and elsewhere in which people are looking for them. I have seen them from time to time; today I was back at that same Target and they were out...but the BB next door had 2 of them. Since its the only current model with BC, I think they are in decent demand, and they are selling for a slight premium on Ebay and CL. It seems that the online retailers can't keep them in stock, so I guess it really just depends upon where you live.

Driving along the other day, I saw a guy with a weed wacker fighting back some kudzu on his driveway. Made me laugh, because this guy has to be about as bad a procrastinator as I am.

To me the only thing worse than Kudzu is thin stalk bamboo. My old house had that shit growing everywhere and I had to fight it back with a saw and hatchet constantly. I sure don't miss that!

Aside note:
Anyone looking for the Eye of Justice Camera bundle clearance priced at walmart ($29)-
There were two left after I got mine at the WalMart off off Barrett pkwy. Kennesaw (the one near Monster Golf).

Went to my local target in Kennesaw, GA Friday to pick up some candy for the movies. As I was checking out I noticed they had a sign taped to the register that stated (To my best memory and no picture taken)

"Due to recent fraud activities we no longer accept these coupons"

then below was the $5 off Toys coupon and a 20 dollar one

Just thought i'd let you know. After some CAG research I saw that it was posted that the toy coupon is "This coupon may be dead. As of July 2nd, stores were notified to stop accepting copies of the coupon. YMMV. Even though it doesn't expire until 10/1/08"

[quote name='Wolfkin']...check the weeklys for BestBuy and Target they're always having sales on DVDs whole lists for just $3-5 each. A few months back i picked up Snatch, Knocked Up, T2, and A Scanner Darkly all for $5 each.[/quote]Speaking of T2, the "definitive version" according to most (Xtreme edition?) is a $5.50 end cap filler at Target now. It's usually on an endcap along the furnishings/food/outdoor stuff main aisle that runs from front to back of regular Targets. I'd get it, but I want it on BluRay.

[quote name='Tecka']Went to my local target in Kennesaw, GA Friday to pick up some candy for the movies. As I was checking out I noticed they had a sign taped to the register that stated (To my best memory and no picture taken)

Just thought i'd let you know. After some CAG research I saw that it was posted that the toy coupon is "This coupon may be dead. As of July 2nd, stores were notified to stop accepting copies of the coupon. YMMV. Even though it doesn't expire until 10/1/08"[/quote]I saw this, too. I considered it ironic since it was the $10 360 game coupon that got abused by more than a few posters in the Target thread (and many other people I'm sure) while the 5 off 25 was an internet coupon without the same listed limitations.

Guess no one cares that much any more but Fry's Alpharetta had about 7 PS3 MGS bundles. But now that FF13 is coming to X360, these may be stuck on the shelves for a while.

Earlier tonight, I bought the last copy of Dancing with the Stars for Wii at Buckhead Target for $7.48.

You may all commence envying me.......... NOW.

[quote name='Tecka']Went to my local target in Kennesaw, GA Friday to pick up some candy for the movies. As I was checking out I noticed they had a sign taped to the register that stated (To my best memory and no picture taken)

Just thought i'd let you know. After some CAG research I saw that it was posted that the toy coupon is "This coupon may be dead. As of July 2nd, stores were notified to stop accepting copies of the coupon. YMMV. Even though it doesn't expire until 10/1/08"[/quote]I believe it. The thing is, with many of these coupons, they're sent out to specific customers as a sort of thanks. The intention and expectated cost is not for mass distribution. So when SD or FW or even CAG gets a hold of these coupons and everyone starts printing up one after another after another, it's a huge problem.

My big bro who's now a marketing exec with Sears/Kmart Holdings went through this for the first time last November/December. One coupon intended for a VERY limited target group was uploaded on FW and it did substantial damage.

[quote name='guinaevere']I believe it. The thing is, with many of these coupons, they're sent out to specific customers as a sort of thanks. The intention and expectated cost is not for mass distribution. So when SD or FW or even CAG gets a hold of these coupons and everyone starts printing up one after another after another, it's a huge problem.

My big bro who's now a marketing exec with Sears/Kmart Holdings went through this for the first time last November/December. One coupon intended for a VERY limited target group was uploaded on FW and it did substantial damage.[/quote]

Understandable, but their first mistake was making it available via a URL. They should have made them unique or at least mailed them to the intended recipients.

So im just throwing this out here. I need a roommate or a place to live in Kennesaw area. I wasn't sure if anyone else is looking for a roommate or wants to room, but we can talk more about it.

My current lease is up at the end of the month so I need a place to live on Aug. 1st. If anyone is interested you can pm or email me at [email protected] and we can talk more about it.

Thanks

There are about 5 Guitar Hero 2's (PS2 game only) left for 9.98 (75% off) at the Dallas Hwy Target in Marietta. They're on an end cap in between the books and DVDs. I picked one up, now looking for a cheap ass guitar controller. Someone also put a MX vs ATV Unleashed (14.98) for the PS3 in the TV on DVD section, probably trying to hide it. I left it there.

[quote name='mitch079']There are about 5 Guitar Hero 2's (PS2 game only) left for 9.98 (75% off) at the Dallas Hwy Target in Marietta. They're on an end cap in between the books and DVDs. I picked one up, now looking for a cheap ass guitar controller. Someone also put a MX vs ATV Unleashed (14.98) for the PS3 in the TV on DVD section, probably trying to hide it. I left it there.[/quote]

Check the BB in Acworth on 41. They had some wireless PS2 guitar controllers for like 13.xx or so.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Speaking of T2, the "definitive version" according to most (Xtreme edition?) is a $5.50 end cap filler at Target now[/quote]what a great movie. it's a shame they had to pull a Lucas on it. That said do you see The Terminator on end caps. cause if I could get that I would really be set.

I leave for 6 months and you guys move the thread on me. Geez I can take a hint.

Anyway I moved to a new house in Alpharetta in December and couldn't get freaking DSL for 6 freaking months. Been in withdrawel without xbox live for all this time. In theory I might have been able to piggy back the 360 onto my verizon wireless card, but didn't bother trying.

Now if I can only hire 2 more developers so I actually have some time to catch up.

Anybody interested in a Jawbone II bluetooth headset? It's brand new in the box and I wanted to get 100 for it. It retails for 130. I figured I'd offer it up here before I put it on Craig's list cause you guys are cool.

just came back from Howell Mill Wal-Mart.

Got a :ps2:EyeToy for $17 seems like a good price and I do need a webcam.
When I finally found their clearance section it's stuff with a lot of junk. Even gamewise i didn't seem much anyone would be interested in.
:360:
Gun $30
:xbox:
King Kong $10
DaVinci Code $5
Crash Tag $15
Narnia(LWW) $15
Riddick $15
:ps2:
Taito Legends 2 $10

cumberland sears doesn't have much in the way of games (they do have two copies of zak and wiki for $20, didn't ask to ring them up, could be cheaper; "clearance"/cheaper games are on the bluray aisle and endcap) but they have some accessories on clearance. i nabbed the last 360 remote but there was a 360 memory card for cheap ($5-10 i think, can't remember) and a pack of ds game cases for under $1. also had some usb memory sticks on clearance.

Anyone interested in a pair of pennied guides:
Perimeter Mall BestBuy has 1 Darksector, a Warhawk and a few other recently pennied guides.

took a field trip outside my jurisdiction today up to the discover mills mall. don't know if people are still having trouble finding them, but the FYE there had a pile of wiis in the window

closeby, the best buy on pleasant hill rd. has several bins of 40% off games. highlights include folklore, shivering isles (360), and destroy all humans wii. there was one copy of eternal sonata but i saw it on the regular wall too, so who knows. mostly 360 games, some ps2, and a smattering of ps3, wii and ds. games were marked their normal marked down prices (mostly $30-60) and you'll need a manager to do the 40% off at the register.

the toys r us down the street has five or so copies of elite beat agents for $10 in a clearance bin

back to my regular smyrna boringness..

[quote name='kristaia']took a field trip outside my jurisdiction today up to the discover mills mall. don't know if people are still having trouble finding them, but the FYE there had a pile of wiis in the window

closeby, the best buy on pleasant hill rd. has several bins of 40% off games. highlights include folklore, shivering isles (360), and destroy all humans wii. there was one copy of eternal sonata but i saw it on the regular wall too, so who knows. mostly 360 games, some ps2, and a smattering of ps3, wii and ds. games were marked their normal marked down prices (mostly $30-60) and you'll need a manager to do the 40% off at the register.

the toys r us down the street has five or so copies of elite beat agents for $10 in a clearance bin

back to my regular smyrna boringness..[/quote]

Was the copy of eternal sonata in the bin marked at all?

I picked up an extra EYE OF JUSTICE (EDIT: EYE OF JUDGEMENT / CAMERA BUNDLE) bundle from Wally-mart if anyone needs one. Selling it at cost.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I picked up an extra EYE OF JUSTICE bundle from Wally-mart if anyone needs one. Selling it at cost.[/quote]

Which is?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Which is?[/quote]
$29.99

I meant Eye of Judgement bundle. I need more sleep and less SF Red Bull.
picture.php

[quote name='kitlink']Was the copy of eternal sonata in the bin marked at all?[/QUOTE]

no, none of the games in there were marked (even though the sign said "40% off marked games"). i bought a copy of shivering isles, it rang up at regular price and i said it came from the 40% off bin. the guy called over a manager to manually price adjust which he did without any additional questioning or hassle.

[quote name='kristaia']no, none of the games in there were marked (even though the sign said "40% off marked games"). i bought a copy of shivering isles, it rang up at regular price and i said it came from the 40% off bin. the guy called over a manager to manually price adjust which he did without any additional questioning or hassle.[/quote]

I got eternal sonata and culdcept saga with no problems. Thanks for the info.

I noticed that the perimeter and midtown best buys have "buy one get one free" racks instead of the normal 40%-75% off clearances; are there any other stores doing this?

[quote name='kitlink']I noticed that the perimeter and midtown best buys have "buy one get one free" racks instead of the normal 40%-75% off clearances; are there any other stores doing this?[/quote]
None that I know of, Barret Pkwy and Ackworth (41) had the normal sale rack as of Monday. Cumberland (41) BB Dosen't ever seem to have any games on sale; I guess they get stolen first.

Oh, as of last night, there were no visible clearance games at the Lindbergh Target. They did have two Wiis, though. A lady bought one while I was there. Still no Mario Kart!

There were some Incubus CDs with As Is stickers for about $4, if anyone likes them.

Wow... no new deals in the Hiram//Acworth areas from what I've seen. Will check in Kennesaw area when I get a day off work!

I can attest to the fact that the Hiram Target almost never has decent clearances on games. Most of the good games are bought before they have a chance to clearance out, or they just sit there are regular price.

Anybody seeing any of the latest TRU price drops around town? No luck at Cumberland yesterday. I'm looking for:

GBA
Final Fantasy VI

DS
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2
Planet Puzzle League

Beautiful Katamari
Blazing Angels 2

Wii
Resident Evil 4

Nothing much to speak of at Phipps TRU (and the "Us" in their marquee fell off or has been removed for some odd reason -- maybe they're not feeling inclusive).

Only thing I saw worth mentioning was one lonely copy of Geometry Wars for DS in the bargain bin, along with several copies of Elite Beat Agents (this game will never disappear) and a few Master of Illusions.

They're just confirming that Toys R.

I think those would be Masters of Illusion? (which, by the way, is the name of a kickass prog-metal band from Topeka)

Two PS3 Titles that dropped late this week at the Cumberland/Marietta (41) Target:
iconps3.gif
DARK SECTOR $19.99 (6+ in the glass case behind the display upper row).
iconps3.gif
Chronicals of Narnia: Prince Caspian $24.99 (5+ in the glass case bottom row)

bread's done
Back