Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

50% off clearanced games at BB on Barrett Pkwy through the weekend. Unfortunately most are 07 sports games for the 360 and PS3. Did see what looked like a Two Worlds for the 360 and 3 Baten Katos Origins for the GC on the rack.

A few DS odds and ends in a bargain bin at Tucker TRU, including multiple copies of My Word Coach, Children of Mana, Magical Starsign, Geometry Wars, EBA, and one or two Jam Sessions.

Got all excited because they had many copies of Beautiful Katamari in the case, but turned out they were empty display cases.

[quote name='Tybee']Anybody seeing any of the latest TRU price drops around town? No luck at Cumberland yesterday. I'm looking for:

GBA
Final Fantasy VI

DS
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2
Planet Puzzle League

Beautiful Katamari
Blazing Angels 2

Wii
Resident Evil 4[/quote]

Buckhead TRU had two copies of Beautiful Katamari the week that it first went on clearance (maybe two weeks ago??). I picked up one and left the other copy... so someone must have gotten it.

Anyone seen Rayman Raving Rabbids?? I don't think many TRUs had it to clearance in the first place :(.

Barrett Toys R Us had two display cases of Beautiful Katamari...but no games. :bomb:

Did make a decent haul today around Hiram, Acworth, and Marietta.

Target - Cumberland/41 - h3llbring3r said there were Dark Sectors for the PS3. I saw Kane & Lynch's for the PS3 instead in the Dark Sector spot stickered at 19.98. Don't know if it was a mistake on their part or not but there's at least one more there after I bought one.

Toys R Us - Barrett Pkwy - 360 games - Perfect Dark Zero - bought last one - and Lost Planet Extreme Conditions (mismarked) - 5 left - 7.98 for each.

Goodwill - Kennesaw - 41 - Found a Karaoke Revolution Country game for the PS2 for 5.50. I'll probably put this on ebay. They had a slim PS1 and a couple of old PS1s in the display case for $20 each if anyone's interested.

Best Buy - Hiram - 25% off sale on select games on a rack - saw a Lego Star Wars Complete Saga for PS3 for 37.50 after discount but passed. Did buy a Blue Dragon for the 360 for 22.50 (not the best deal ever) after discount (1 left).

Circuit City - Hiram - picked up Prey (360) and Jackass the Game (PS2) for 9.99 (YMMV). The 20% clearance sale applied then I gave them the Gamers Club card. 4 employees there had never had to use one before so one of the managers just manually overrode the price for each game for 9.99. Don't ask me how he arrived at that lol.

Picked up some clothes at the Target Acworth on clearance (pair of shorts, 2 pairs of jeans, and 2 rugby polo shirts for about $55). Also saw a sign at one of the Best Buys I went to that from the 31st thru the 3rd is the tax free weekend.

[quote name='mitch079']Toys R Us - Barrett Pkwy - 360 games - Perfect Dark Zero - bought last one - and Lost Planet Extreme Conditions (mismarked) - 5 left - 7.98 for each.[/quote]

Guess I'm going to check this out tomorrow. Hopefully they haven't corrected their mistake!!

edit -- I assume they are the Colonies Editions because you said they were mismarked?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Guess I'm going to check this out tomorrow. Hopefully they haven't corrected their mistake!!

edit -- I assume they are the Colonies Editions because you said they were mismarked?[/quote]

If it is in fact the Colonies edition, grab one for me.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Guess I'm going to check this out tomorrow. Hopefully they haven't corrected their mistake!!

edit -- I assume they are the Colonies Editions because you said they were mismarked?[/QUOTE]

yeah the Colonies Edition.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Yo, anybody know where I can find a copy of Tales of Phatasia for the gba, locally? I lost my copy when I moved.[/quote]

I got mine about 6 months ago at the Howell Mill Gamestop. Being the closest GS to Georgia Tech, lotsa nerds means lots of rpgs and srpgs can be found in that GS (moreso than others in the area, anyways). There were like 5 there when I got mine. Might be some left.

[quote name='mitch079']Toys R Us - Barrett Pkwy - 360 games - Perfect Dark Zero - bought last one - and Lost Planet Extreme Conditions (mismarked) - 5 left - 7.98 for each.[/quote]

I finally made it out there yesterday (7/29) and they had 3 left, but with the correct price of $29.99, and yes I even got the employee to scan it and it was $29.99 in the system. :cry:

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I finally made it out there yesterday (7/29) and they had 3 left, but with the correct price of $29.99, and yes I even got the employee to scan it and it was $29.99 in the system. :cry:[/quote]

That sucks. Thanks for checking though!

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I finally made it out there yesterday (7/29) and they had 3 left, but with the correct price of $29.99, and yes I even got the employee to scan it and it was $29.99 in the system. :cry:[/quote]
You just saved me a trip, gas, and the stress of "aww crap, I wasted my lunch." So it wasn't a wasted trip. Glad you checked. Thanks.

I think I was in there just a little bit after you. I did the same thing and he said he had just scanned and checked it for someone else. They still had 3 copies of PDZ CE though.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Yo, anybody know where I can find a copy of Tales of Phatasia for the gba, locally? I lost my copy when I moved.[/QUOTE]

Used to be able to find it in the occasional CCity clearance bin, but it's been a while. I'll keep an eye out.

kinda random but has anyone ever gone to a target that has no video game endcap?

I was at the one on state bridge yesterday and there was no endcap in sight. I was confused and disappointed all at the same time

[quote name='pogipinoy27']kinda random but has anyone ever gone to a target that has no video game endcap?

I was at the one on state bridge yesterday and there was no endcap in sight. I was confused and disappointed all at the same time[/quote]

Last week my two Targets had no clearance games on the endcaps, just the "bargain" (shovelware) isle and the glass-cases; Both had a clearance game endcap this week.

Saw the following tonight on a Target endcap in Acworth

NCAA Football 08 - 1 - 20.98

PS3
Kane & Lynch - 3 - 19.98
NBA Live 08 - 4 - 19.98
Dark Sector - 1 - 19.98
Narnia - 2 - 24.98

[quote name='pogipinoy27']kinda random but has anyone ever gone to a target that has no video game endcap?

I was at the one on state bridge yesterday and there was no endcap in sight. I was confused and disappointed all at the same time[/quote]

That store has had an endcap not in the section with electronics before. In fact recently it had one near the automotive section with some clearance stuff on it. All I recall was a ton of last years NCAA Football game.

On a different topic, when the hell did all the Wii Wheel prices jump up to 14.99 everywhere? I am glad I got mine at Sam's for 8.66 a while back. A friend just tole me today that she couldn't find any for $10 and sure enough Walmart.com seems to be the only big box selling them for $10 still.

[quote name='mitch079']Saw the following tonight on a Target endcap in Acworth

NCAA Football 08 - 1 - 20.98

PS3
Kane & Lynch - 3 - 19.98
NBA Live 08 - 4 - 19.98
Dark Sector - 1 - 19.98
Narnia - 2 - 24.98[/quote]

All those are still there as of 2pm today minus 1 Chronicles of Narnia.

cobb pkwy target still has a $20 guitar hero 2 (ps2, game only) hiding in a pile on the electronics clearance endcap

other than that a whole lotta nothing..unless you're interested in ps2 jackass

Bought a 20gb 360 today, completing the trifecta. Waiting on good deals on Bioshock and Gears of War. Stopped into the Radio Shack on 41 in Kennesaw/Acworth border, in the little plaza next to the Wal-Mart. They had about 10 games in stock, one was the Halo 3, which is clearanced on RS website. Left it there though as I'll wait for it to drop for less than 39.97. The guy said they should be getting a lot more stock of games in about two weeks as corporate has been remodeling/reorganizing a lot of the stores and want a more uniform look. So maybe they'll get some stuff that's on clearance in. I'll let you know.

Stay safe with these storms, one blew through here and fortunately only left a bunch of leaves on the ground.

Trekked up to Mall of Georgia yesterday afternoon to catch Dark Knight IMAX. On the way out, noticed the TRU there is in its last week of closing. Most of the store has been cleared and they've moved everything up front. Everything is minimum 50% off. They only had maybe 8 - 10 actual video game titles left, but like 2,000 copies of each.

Have you ever seen an entire wall, 8 games deep, of Elite Beat Agents? It's a wonderful and terrible thing to behold.

Anyway, other games they had in abundance that I can remember:

Wii
- Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Which one deeply southern grandmother related over her cell phone as "President Evil")
- NiGHTs
- Avatar (Grandma says, "Ya think this ud be good fur a boy? It looks kinda girly. Look that one girl's wearin' pink. It's for girls!")
- Cars: Mater National
- Boogie

- Project Sylpheed
- Kingdom Under Fire
- Golden Compass

Saw one lonely copy of Zack & Wiki on a high shelf. Wondered aloud to my wife if there was anyone we knew with a Wii who still needed the game. A woman behind us said, "I have a Wii. Is that a good game?" We told her it was great and one of the most underrated games on the system. She gladly picked it up. So that was my good deed for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember one of the only times I made a suggestion to non gamer grown ups was an epic backfire. They wanted to buy a racing game for their son. I overheard them asking the gamestop lady what she recommended. They said he basically didn't want the ultra realistic stuff; just wanted to play a fun racing game. I interjected and said "burnout paradise" (which at the time was only about 3 weeks old). They just looked at me, didn't speak a word, and just continued browsing.

Needless to say I just kinda keep to myself now.

[quote name='jdawgg76']How much would that make KUF?[/quote]

Was hard to tell...Signage was a hot mess, but I want to say $17. I know it was at least 50% off the going TRU price, and perhaps a bit more besides.

At the Northlake Best Buy, they had a managers special for 75% off Blacksite: Area 51 (final price $7.50). There were a handful of other games that weren't as interesting to me, and as such I've forgotten them. But if it's still there, it might be worth a trip.

Also, they had 2 copies of Warhawk with the bluetooth headset for the $29.99 price. Clearly marked.

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']At the Northlake Best Buy, they had a managers special for 75% off Blacksite: Area 51 (final price $7.50). There were a handful of other games that weren't as interesting to me, and as such I've forgotten them. But if it's still there, it might be worth a trip.

Also, they had 2 copies of Warhawk with the bluetooth headset for the $29.99 price. Clearly marked.[/quote]

Almost worth the gas for BS:A51. How many did they have?

[quote name='Tybee']Trekked up to Mall of Georgia yesterday afternoon to catch Dark Knight IMAX. On the way out, noticed the TRU there is in its last week of closing. Most of the store has been cleared and they've moved everything up front. Everything is minimum 50% off. They only had maybe 8 - 10 actual video game titles left, but like 2,000 copies of each.
[/quote]

oh man..i was out there to see it last week..too bad i didn't stop by tru. i'm very much on the fence to ask this but..do you remember how much nights was? if anyone finds it for $10 or less i will happily reimburse.

how much are Tickets are the IMAX by the way?

Don't know if any of you guys have been to the AMC Fork & Screen in Buckhead but for $5 a ticket all day M-R I may make my way over there a lot more often this summer.

I think IMAX tix are $15. $5 F&S tix only during the day, or at night, too?

At least a half-dozen Wiis at the Walmart up here on Mansell just now. Looked like they were from two different print runs, so to speak. Still no Mario Kart to be found.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Boogie for the Wii was $19.xx at the Target off of 141 yesterday.[/quote]

Where is that Target more specifically I HAVE TO BUY THAT GAME NEW FOR MY NIECE!
Is that (141) Peachtree Industrial ? I don't see a Target there.

There are two Targets near 141
5950 State Bridge Rd
Duluth
&

3200 Holcomb Bridge Rd # 300, Norcross, GA

[quote name='kristaia']oh man..i was out there to see it last week..too bad i didn't stop by tru. i'm very much on the fence to ask this but..do you remember how much nights was? if anyone finds it for $10 or less i will happily reimburse.[/quote]

Don't think it was less than $10.

[quote name='Tybee']Don't think it was less than $10.[/QUOTE]

figured not, but gotta set my price point somewhere and those terrifying looking cutscenes set it pretty low :p

[quote name='kristaia']oh man..i was out there to see it last week..too bad i didn't stop by tru. i'm very much on the fence to ask this but..do you remember how much nights was? if anyone finds it for $10 or less i will happily reimburse.[/quote]

I just went there for ya Nights is $15. KUFCOD is $15 too

Thanks, pogipinoy27 I got one of those copies of Boogie for $20 off. There are 1 or 2 left. Also, that Target has all the CoN toys red-tagged.

Also, thanks Mr. Wiggly,
I got the last BS:A51
Northlake bestbuy also had about 5 copies of Tiger Woods 08 for 360 for $7.50 after managers special discount, and the PS3 version Jericho for 75% off (I think it was 75 off $39). They also have the "all in poker" for 360 for 75% off but wouldn't take it off the $14.99 price (instead the priginal MSRP). I passed on that, someone else might get lucky.

[quote name='RtG Assassin']I just went there for ya Nights is $15. KUFCOD is $15 too[/QUOTE]

aah..close but not close enough. thanks for stopping :)

[quote name='El Gray']I think IMAX tix are $15. $5 F&S tix only during the day, or at night, too?[/quote]Fork and Screen is $5 all day Monday thru Thursday. On the weekend it's $5 in the day.

I bought my :wii:Nights at Buckhead TRU and when I was over at Stone Mountain visiting my Mom I stopped by the TRU there and price matched.
scratch that it wasn't TRU but BestBuy. It was on clearance at one BestBuy and not another.

Walmart in Snellville is "clearancing" a bunch of games oddly including Call of Duty 4 for 360 at $55. Most games like Lair and Motorstorm are five bucks off. What a clearance.

The highlights are all on 360:
The Club $25
Devil May Cry 4 CE $35 (or did the MSRP drop to $40 already? If so 5 off is blah) Regular version is $50, go figure.
Lost Planet Colonies Edition $15

I picked up LPCE and it rang up $30 and had to be overridden which tells me that it's a mismark and they are meaning to clear out the old version, but they don't know the difference. The games should scan as marked. Any recommendations for/against LPCE? I picked up the first edition during the B1G1 at GR, but I wasn't sure which version to hold onto.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Walmart in Snellville is "clearancing" a bunch of games oddly including Call of Duty 4 for 360 at $55. Most games like Lair and Motorstorm are five bucks off. What a clearance.

The highlights are all on 360:
The Club $25
Devil May Cry 4 CE $35 (or did the MSRP drop to $40 already? If so 5 off is blah) Regular version is $50, go figure.
Lost Planet Colonies Edition $15

I picked up LPCE and it rang up $30 and had to be overridden which tells me that it's a mismark and they are meaning to clear out the old version, but they don't know the difference. The games should scan as marked. Any recommendations for/against LPCE? I picked up the first edition during the B1G1 at GR, but I wasn't sure which version to hold onto.[/quote]

Any other deals in Snellville? Target or Best Buy?

Yo, somebody lifted my copies of Castlevania Chronicles for the PSP, and Patapon. I'm pretty pissed. I don't want to crawl all over atlanta looking for Castlevania either. Anybody seen it around here? I know best buy doesn't carry it any more.

[quote name='Tybee']- Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Which one deeply southern grandmother related over her cell phone as "President Evil")[/quote]
ha! My old buddy Dan Birlew, he writes strat guides, he used to go by 'President Evil' online. Man, that just brought back some memories.

Tybee, I saw a sticker the other day on the back of a car that made me think of you. It was "something something Tybee Island something something."

[quote name='Tybee']TRU there is in its last week of closing.

- Project Sylpheed
- Kingdom Under Fire[/quote]

Do you remember how many copies of Sylpheed and KUF they had left? Also do you know when the day they are closing?

bread's done
Back