Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Also, I stopped back by the Cumberland CC again today and they had added more Wii games from the clearance list and I picked up the following with the extra 20% off:
Harvery Birdman $13 (1 more left)
iconwii.gif

Obscure $13 (1 more left)
iconwii.gif

Destroy all Humans Big Willy Unleashed $13 (2 more left)
iconwii.gif

Zack & Wiki $13 (2 more left)
iconwii.gif

Ninja Reflex $13 (1 more left)
iconwii.gif

There were still at least 5 WL Halo 3 controllers for 360 (Alien and Marine design) $37

The Play N Trade is Snellville just opened. It's such a nice store. Such a refreshing change compared to Gamestop. They have plasma TV's all over with every system hooked up and they will let you try ANY game in the store before you buy. Plus, they have a respectable collection of classic systems and games.

The prices are basically the same as GS, though and the used selection was a little lacking, since they just opened, but this might be a better solution than the 2 Gamestops that are right up the street.

Also, if you buy a new game you get an extra 25% of trade-in for it if you trade it in within 10 days. I know that's not a big deal, but if you buy a brand-new game and don't like it, it's better than just getting normal trade value only like at GS. They also have the exact same system as the EDGE card. It works the same exact way and is $10.

My haul today from Northlake Sears:

2 Halo 3 Limited Editions $4.97 each (1 for myself, 1 for a friend)
1 Scene It $24.97
10% off clearance coupon

Another friend of mine went and purchased a Halo 3 Limited, so I am not sure if they have anymore. They weren't on the floor, they were in the stockroom. The cashier was shocked @ the $4.97 price. He might have kept a few for himself.

[quote name='gsugator']My haul today from Northlake Sears:

2 Halo 3 Limited Editions $4.97 each (1 for myself, 1 for a friend)
1 Scene It $24.97
10% off clearance coupon

Another friend of mine went and purchased a Halo 3 Limited, so I am not sure if they have anymore. They weren't on the floor, they were in the stockroom. The cashier was shocked @ the $4.97 price. He might have kept a few for himself.[/quote]Wow. I saw it was in stock there with the locator on the website, but I didn't think it would actually be that cheap. Good score. I've been wanting to go by there to check, but I don't get a break at work anymore. . . I've already got a copy so it was gonna be a gift, a kickass gift.

Mass Effect is 18.88 @ Brandsmart and some offbrand 2.4 Ghz PS3 controller is 7 or 4 or something.

Also, I was denied a $40 Guitar Hero 3 @ Guitar Center Friday and was told it was last week's deal and then on my way to work yesterday afternoon I heard a radio ad for their something celebration that included Guitar Hero for 39. Maybe an old ad or maybe the same deal was run sorta back to back. Ad said this weekend only.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
Mass Effect is 18.88 @ Brandsmart and some offbrand 2.4 Ghz PS3 controller is 7 or 4 or something.
[/quote]

Is this the PC version?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No, it's the 360 for the game, it was in the AJC flier at that price.[/quote]Yeah, sorry kitlink, it is the 360 version. I didn't mark the version cause I was in a hurry and I've never seen Brandsmart advertize a PC game. Do they sell PC games?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No, it's the 360 for the game, it was in the AJC flier at that price.[/quote]

I didn't even think about looking at the ad. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='kitlink']I didn't even think about looking at the ad. Thanks for the heads up![/quote]
Yea, I use it to PM primarily; because going in brandsmart gives me a headache.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yea, I use it to PM primarily; because going in brandsmart gives me a headache.[/quote]

QFT...The minute I walk into Brandsmart, I have to will myself not to turn immediately around and walk right back out. That place seems specifically designed to cause stress and disorientation.

[quote name='Tybee']QFT...The minute I walk into Brandsmart, I have to will myself not to turn immediately around and walk right back out. That place seems specifically designed to cause stress and disorientation.[/QUOTE]

That's probably how they sell, confuse the customer, talk them into shit they don't need, then forget to mention the 0 day return policy.

[quote name='Tybee']QFT...The minute I walk into Brandsmart, I have to will myself not to turn immediately around and walk right back out. That place seems specifically designed to cause stress and disorientation.[/quote]

Seriously, what store makes signs in neon orange/green/pink colors?

Also I have seen bargains bin clearance video games that are better organized. Kennesaw was semi-alphabetized but PT Ind. was just randomly set on the shelf and the wire shelves were apparently not designed for games/DVDs in security boxes. Every-time I flipped on forward to look at it another one hit the floor.

The staff was absolutely worthless, and don't even get me started on a circular two story store layout with sunken floor featuring a two-story spiral conveyor in the middle. The whole store is like a bad level from Portal.

So I gotta buy a laptop, I asked if there were any coupons out there for some money off, and used the search function, couldn't find any, and had a dude on here tell me they're out there but didn't post a link.

Anybody have any best buy coupons that could snag me a little bit off my laptop?

Thanks a lot. I'll post up any deals when I'm down there.

[quote name='RoninChaos']So I gotta buy a laptop, I asked if there were any coupons out there for some money off, and used the search function, couldn't find any, and had a dude on here tell me they're out there but didn't post a link.

Anybody have any best buy coupons that could snag me a little bit off my laptop?

Thanks a lot. I'll post up any deals when I'm down there.[/QUOTE]

Although Best Buy sends out 10% off coupons all the time, they always prohibit computers, but are typically good for accessories. Not sure if they've ever distributed a coupon that will help with a laptop purchase. Here's an expired example:

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/H...N_50558&e=10997;109842;1381475439;1;02&a=1007

[quote name='RoninChaos']So I gotta buy a laptop, I asked if there were any coupons out there for some money off, and used the search function, couldn't find any, and had a dude on here tell me they're out there but didn't post a link.

Thanks a lot. I'll post up any deals when I'm down there.[/quote]

what's your price range and what do you need it to do? I don't know coupons off the top of my head but I love searching for tech deals.

Also, there were 2 Scene its when I left Gwinnett Sears yesterday.

[quote name='archangelreb']Which Sears???[/quote]

This was the sears in cumberland mall, but I'm pretty sure it would've been the same price at any other sears. Unfortunately brandsmart's sale ends today.

There's a Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for Wii in the clearance bins at the Akers Mill/Cobb Parkway Circuit City if anyone is looking for one. I almost bought it but decided to pass.

Just buy the game now before it's gone and have it price matched when there's the extra 20% off.

And I found out something interesting last night. My friend, the manager of the Hiram GS pwned (his words :lol:) a couple kids yesterday who had brought in stolen games from the Target that's right there. A few weeks ago I was in the GS and something similar was going on. Talking with him, it seems that Target is always having their clearance games lifted by idiots who then try to sell them to the GameStop.

So now I know why, for the past I don't know how long, I have not found a single decent clearance game at Target. They're all stolen before I have a chance to buy them.
cigar.gif

[quote name='Tybee']QFT...The minute I walk into Brandsmart, I have to will myself not to turn immediately around and walk right back out. That place seems specifically designed to cause stress and disorientation.[/quote]I do better inside the store than outside. Every stinking time I go there, some security dude in the lot tries to get my phone number. gah! Leave me alone, I don't like people!!!

[quote name='mitch079']16.96 - if you roll the dice, there's another 20% off clearance sale next weekend at CC.[/QUOTE]yeah I'll see if I can make my way over there and PM at my local CC

Am I the only one who gets depressed going thru Craigslist because Atlanta is a big area. I'm seeing all sorts of deals on games that are way too far to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sign of the latest drops in the Target thread at Dallas or Acworth yet, meaning the Madden 09 CE (PS3), Eye of Judgement, Smackdown vs Raw 2008, or Unreal Tournament 3. No price drops either.

I might be wrong but I could swear that Bully for the Wii was 29.99 2 weeks ago (normal price), it went on clearance, and went up to 34.98. I'm assuming these and the other 360 games they have there will drop on Monday.

Craigslist is usually good for a laugh, especially under the free stuff.

Oh yeah, also saw a RROD on the 360 on display at the Wal-Mart in Acworth, took a pic for shits and giggles.

Just picked up Madden CE for the PS3 on Clearance ($44.98) at the Sidney Marcus Target. If you're interested there were three copies left.

[quote name='chrisd']Just picked up Madden CE for the PS3 on Clearance ($44.98) at the Sidney Marcus Target. If you're interested there were three copies left.[/quote]

Any other clearance drops there?

No drops at Atlantic Station Target this morning.

I did get in on the 4 Coke 12 packs with $10 gift card thingie again this morning, but right after I completed the check out another rep. arrived and told mine that she was to void the gift cards so it's HIGHLY YMMV now :( -- was a fun ride.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Any other clearance drops there?[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't look too much. On PS3 I did see that MLB2k8 was on clearance. I think it was $19.99. There were others, but I can't remember. Sorry.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']No drops at Atlantic Station Target this morning.

I did get in on the 4 Coke 12 packs with $10 gift card thingie again this morning, but right after I completed the check out another rep. arrived and told mine that she was to void the gift cards so it's HIGHLY YMMV now :( -- was a fun ride.[/quote]

What time do they do the drop there? The Marietta stores usually don't do them until noon or so.

Also, has anyone seen a DarkSector (360) for cheap?

Think I saw 2 Dark Sectors (PS3) at Dallas on Sunday, didn't check the prices though. Assume they were 19.98, will try to confirm tonight or tomorrow, depending on the weather.

If anyone sees any of these games for the 360 at the 75% off price point will you please pick up an extra copy for me? I will gladly pay price + tax + a gratuity. And I will come to you to pick them up.

Kingdom Under Fire - Circle of Doom
Bioshock
Bully
Kane and Lynch
Saints Row
Pop Cap Arcade
Condemned 2

[quote name='mitch079']Think I saw 2 Dark Sectors (PS3) at Dallas on Sunday, didn't check the prices though. Assume they were 19.98, will try to confirm tonight or tomorrow, depending on the weather.[/quote]Wait. There's a Target in Dallas?

Yes - the Dallas Hwy Target

Endcap - now moved back to the Videogame section
Dark Sector PS3 19.98 - 2
Kane & Lynch PS3 19.98 - lots
FFXII - 9.98 - 1
Madden 08 PS3 14.98 - lots
Madden 09 CE PS3 62.98 - 1
Eye of Judgement bundle - 48.98 - lots
Bunch of Wii games - lots of Battle of the Bands, 1 Simpsons Game, Nights was 14.98
The Bee Movie PS2 - few, didn't check the price

regular aisle/display
360 20gb drive - 69.98 - few
mlb 2k8 PS3 - 27.98 - few
RAW/Smackdown PS3 - 27.98 - few - will wait on a further drop
AI Karaoke Revolution bundle PS2 - 19.98 - few - might go back for one tomorrow
Dragonball Z 3 PS2 - 14.98 - 1
Guitar Hero Dual Pack PS2 - 29.98 - few - may go back for this as well tomorrow even though I have GH2 and just trade that in somewhere

no new 360 games, prices were the same as last week.

Acworth had Jack and Shit - no price drops, no new games.

Any ATL CAGs planning on going to Atlanta Motor Speedway this year?

I have about $35-40 in Pit Stop Bucks that I have left over and I'm hardly a racing fan. PM me and we can work something out.

[quote name='mitch079']Yes - the Dallas Hwy Target

Endcap - now moved back to the Videogame section
Bunch of Wii games - lots of Battle of the Bands, 1 Simpsons Game, Nights was 14.98
[/QUOTE]

Were all those games $15?

Simpsons was, Battle of the Bands, not so sure, as i didn't check. I'm going back at lunch tomorrow so I'll update.

Just haven't been able to able to find Bully and Nights for Wii marked down at local Targets to the $15 everyone else in other parts of the country have found them for. They just dropped at one store to 35 from 25, but not to 15 as I was hoping/expecting.

Did pick up BlastWorks for 13 since I missed out on the $10 deal at BB.

[quote name='GamingGator']Just haven't been able to able to find Bully and Nights for Wii marked down at local Targets to the $15 everyone else in other parts of the country have found them for. They just dropped at one store to 35 from 25, but not to 15 as I was hoping/expecting.

Did pick up BlastWorks for 13 since I missed out on the $10 deal at BB.[/quote]

I remember seeing bully and nights at the stonecrest target, but I'm pretty sure that they're both gone now; There might be a copy of nights left, but I'm not sure.

I saw about three copies of eternal sonata at the snellville Circuit city if anyone is interested.
Also, has anyone had any luck getting penny guides at the Atlanta area CC's?

Target [Sydney Marcus]

Clearance
Buzz Pack :ps2: - $20
Blastworks :wii: - $13 - thought I saw one left after mine
Guitar Hero I/II :ps2: - $30
Madden 08 :360: - $15
:wii: - $25
Saints Row Player's Choice :360: - $10
Condemned 2 :360: - $28
Nights :wii: - $25
Smackdown vs Raw 08 :ps3: - $20
:wii: - $15
Skate :ps3: - $20
Eye of Judgement package :ps3: - $35 - definitly only saw 1 left.

There was one God of War:ps2: but I got it for $10.
I also some some pretty good games in the cheap section
Scurge:Hive:ds: - $9.99
X-Men Legends II:gc: - $9.99?
Drill Dozer:gba: - $9.99
Barnyard Blast:ds: - $13.99

bread's done
Back