Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Local deals are dead, just the same. If Target or anyone was doing anything that wasn't on a national level, there would be something worth talking about.

I did find a couple of treasures just before Christmas, but forgot to post. I found RESIDENT EVIL 5 GH for PS3 at Buckhead Target for $5. There were a few copies. Also picked up Tiger Woods '12 CE for PS3 at a different Target for maybe $11? I forget where I found that one.

The first series of those little Star Wars Lego sets with the tiny ship + planet are marked down to $5 each at most stores now. I got the TIE Interceptor one.

fyi- rifftrax will be doing replays of their live shows of Manos and Plan 9. like all their fathom event shows they'll be on thursday evenings. manos on jan 17 and plan 9 on jan 24.

my crabby hunny actually said he wanted to see plan 9. he's gone to a few with me and he never says he -wants- to do anything. (want to go away for a little vacation?? "sure. that's fine.") so when he said he wanted to see the plan 9 I nearly did a cartwheel. he doesn't WANT to see manos again but he did say, "sure it's worth seeing again."

oh boy, manos is right after another biopsy. either i'll be worrying all the way through it's or it will cheer me up.

ps. I have not suddenly developed an aversion to capital letters, nor am I trying to emulate e.e. cummings. the phone has trouble on forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
horror and evil stuff is my least favorite, but I would love to get clu gulager's autograph for my mst3k collection (San Francisco international... one of my favorite mst's). i'll see.

The Horror convention thing seemed kinda' cool but I was way too strapped for cash/time this week to make a go of it. I guess the organizers also assumed that hardcore horror fans wouldn't also be hardcore NFL fans being as the event coincides with the Super Bowl. Hope your having a bloody good time Clown!

The zelda symphony is returning to atlanta on june 6th. For those who are intrested. Great show. It sold out last year so go now to get good seats. Use code BOKOBLIN for 15 % off.

[quote name='gmsick']The zelda symphony is returning to atlanta on june 6th. For those who are intrested. Great show. It sold out last year so go now to get good seats. Use code BOKOBLIN for 15 % off.[/QUOTE]

Also, the Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds concert series will be at Atlanta Symphony Hall 6/7-8. Video game music overload that week.

Yay going to both. Actually have a group of friends from a facebook atlanta gamer group that are going to try and meet up before the zelda concert just to eat and chat if anyone is interested that is going...

also...if anyone sees any power rangers legacy morphers in atlanta area, can someone please tell me where?! ive searched 20+ toys r us stores the past 2 weeks for this and a few other power ranger items and no luck yet >.< thanks!

Anyone going to the ALT-J show at the Masquerade this Wednesday?

Related, anyone know of any extra tickets to the ALT-J show at the Masquerade this Wednesday? :)

Wow, Alt-J sold out Atlanta? That's impressive. They blowin' up.

Im heading to the ATL auto show next weekend as well. Which is bad, because I just bought a car 2 years ago, I don't need the itch again.

Got my Distant Worlds tix this week too - Loge seats, yo

going to the car show on wednesday as always. (cheaper with coupon and less crowded.)

don't forget momocon this weekend. yesterday I sat in the lobby and kept getting endless stream of streetpass hits on the ds while watching the cosplayers. enjoyable time.

MOVIE TEAM--ASSEMBLE!

If anyone is interested in attending the first-ever Atlanta screening of BATTLE ROYALE, please hit this link and grab a ticket or two.

http://www.tugg.com/events/3101

It's one of those Tugg screenings, so it won't happen unless enough tickets are sold, so please don't delay if you'd like to go.

This will be at Phipps, which, if you haven't been lately, is AWESOME now. Every seat in the house is a super-comfy powered recliner. It's ridiculous.

So yeah, join me to see Gogo and others fight for their lives! Also, they will have some rad Mondo posters to give away.

[quote name='El Gray']MOVIE TEAM--ASSEMBLE!

If anyone is interested in attending the first-ever Atlanta screening of BATTLE ROYALE, please hit this link and grab a ticket or two.

http://www.tugg.com/events/3101

It's one of those Tugg screenings, so it won't happen unless enough tickets are sold, so please don't delay if you'd like to go.

This will be at Phipps, which, if you haven't been lately, is AWESOME now. Every seat in the house is a super-comfy powered recliner. It's ridiculous.

So yeah, join me to see Gogo and others fight for their lives! Also, they will have some rad Mondo posters to give away.[/QUOTE]

Count me in!
I'm glad someone is doing one of these in ATL. I was thinking about trying to organize one myself, but I'm far too lazy. Now we just need 14 more people..

Man, this year's car show sucked. Seems like it gets smaller every year, and less impressive. At least getting to drive the FRS was nice.

It has gotten smaller each year.

Mistubishi and a couple other main auto lines haven't been there in a while. This year, the only exotics were the R8 convertible and the crazy expensive lexus. Both of which are amazing for different reasons, but not quite the same as walking past a line up of Ferraris or Lamborghinis.

Still, always happy to spend a day looking at and getting in and out of cars. Really liked seeing the subaru/scion crossover. Preferred the BRZ, but I'm happy you drove the FRS.

Well, I prefer the BRZ as well. But the FRS was driveable :)

If i ever get one of these, im going to wait for the STi'd version of the BRZ.

I'll probably just get another Infiniti though to replace my G when the time comes.

I don't think my Porsche fund is gonna happen at this point.

Anyone snag any Best Buy clearance games? As of about 7:30 this evening, the Lindbergh store had at least one more [PS3] XCOM, several copies of STARHAWK, 1-2 of the NHL game and the baseball game (all these for PS3). Also saw a couple of the Rabbids 3DS game and 1x Rayman 3DS.

I bought XCOM, STARHAWK, RAYMAN, PIKMIN 2, and LEGO HARRY POTTER at 2 stores + the website.

A PS3 XCOM would be pretty cool, what was it priced at?
I checked the Best Buy website and it was listed at $39.99.
Maybe there's something I'm missing?

it's 14.99 on clearance at bby despite what the web site may say. Though im curious to know what stores you hit up el gray..usually people in the area could care less about games in my area..but I was certainly surprised to see all the shelves of Tucker's gaming area pretty much cleared out O_O

[quote name='El Gray']Anyone snag any Best Buy clearance games? As of about 7:30 this evening, the Lindbergh store had at least one more [PS3] XCOM, several copies of STARHAWK, 1-2 of the NHL game and the baseball game (all these for PS3). Also saw a couple of the Rabbids 3DS game and 1x Rayman 3DS.

I bought XCOM, STARHAWK, RAYMAN, PIKMIN 2, and LEGO HARRY POTTER at 2 stores + the website.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I grabbed was Fable The Journey while I was getting Dragon Ball Z For Kinect. $16 for both was a good price.

[quote name='animemaniac14']it's 14.99 on clearance at bby despite what the web site may say...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I have to work a crazy long day in a few hours but I might be able to poke around this weekend. I'll report any findings here if I manage to get out to a Best Buy in the midst of watching basketball.

Now that my Wolverines have made it into the final four I just have to find a way to win tickets to the thing as the prices are ridiculous I'm sure! I wonder if it would even be worth it anyway? Any local CAGs have experience with this from when it was held here in 2007?

Weekend has been great! I was at a local watering hole with some friends last night and randomly won a pair of tickets to the Sevendust show at the Tabernacle Wednesday night. A mid-week concert can be rough but you can't beat free! :D

I really wanted to go to the Final Fantasy concert which is the next day but tickets are a bit too expensive for my taste. Girlfriend wanted to go to the Zelda concert so got her a ticket for her birthday. I'm sure I will enjoy it just not as much as I would the Final Fantasy symphony

A few interesting things on the Target clearance racks. I bought CROSSWORDS 3DS for $9 tonight, and a bigass Black Ops-branded gaming headset for $18.

There was one copy of the 3DS Resident Evil game for $15. Anyone interested in that?

LOTS of WiiU microphones and charging stands and PS3 charging stands to be had around town.

[quote name='El Gray']A few interesting things on the Target clearance racks. I bought CROSSWORDS 3DS for $9 tonight, and a bigass Black Ops-branded gaming headset for $18.

There was one copy of the 3DS Resident Evil game for $15. Anyone interested in that?

LOTS of WiiU microphones and charging stands and PS3 charging stands to be had around town.[/QUOTE]

I'm more interested in Crosswords 3DS for $9 :bouncy:

Which store was this?

So, did any of you local CAG-ers get a skullgirls beta code? My internet connection kinda sucks, so it would be nice to play against someone close.

steam id: Adol_Christin

I appreciate that heads up ionotropic. With a couple items on my list in the $400 price range, if their prices don't drop by end of month, I may bite the bullet and buy them early.

Anyone doing dragoncon this year? I don't have a room or tickets, but i'll be in one hotel lobby or another getting street passes. (So addicted to collecting street passes. What is wrong with me?)

I'll be at DCon some--mostly hanging around the comic book areas. I'll have my 3DS on me, too (heavy as it is)-- I like catching Street Passes, too. I need to meet someone in a white shirt to finish that quest game!

Hey y'all. I need a little bit of recon help. I had been keeping my eye on the Best Buy exclusive Steelbook version of the DARK KNIGHT RISES Blu-ray, waiting for a sale. Apparently it hit $8 clearance recently and now they're MOSTLY gone, dang it. If anyone sees one around, PLEASE snag it for me, and I'll happily pay you back, plus a few bucks.

Thanks.

Also, anyone else playing GTAOnline? It is SUPER FUN. Holler at ya boy on Rockstar Social Club if you do. I'm El Gray on there and on PSN.

bread's done
Back