Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='jdawgg76']50 Cent's new game Blood on The Sand.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I knew it seemed familiar. I picked it up during Micro Center's Friday Game Day e-mail for $20.

If anyone wants to work on the co-op achievements together let me know.

[quote name='Felder71']Static X, I don't plan on it, but if it happens or I see it elsewhere, I'll pick up a copy and PM you. Worst case scenario, I can return it.[/QUOTE]

Just letting ya know I finally snagged one of these up. No need to grab one for me if you see them. Thanks for offering to help though.

[quote name='Static X']Just letting ya know I finally snagged one of these up. No need to grab one for me if you see them. Thanks for offering to help though.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got since I didn't think I'd be back until next week some time.

[quote name='kitlink']Has anyone else seen any copies of House of the dead overkill anywhere?[/QUOTE]

I got the last one at the Cumming/Exit 14 SuperTarget last night for 12.46.

Yikes they are listing the original price of the Endwar headset bundle at $89- so this would be the last markdown (as 75% off is the general rule before donation).

[quote name='kitlink']Has anyone else seen any copies of House of the dead overkill anywhere?[/QUOTE]

I saw one or two left for $12.48 at the Sandy Plains/Shallowford store

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yikes they are listing the original price of the Endwar headset bundle at $89- so this would be the last markdown (as 75% off is the general rule before donation).[/QUOTE]Four or five of those 75% off at the Steve Reynolds location off I-85.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Four or five of those 75% off at the Steve Reynolds location off I-85.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot in Snellville as well. I am pretty sure eBay will be full of them!

[quote name='grundy']I saw one or two left for $12.48 at the Sandy Plains/Shallowford store[/QUOTE]

I was able to get the last one today after work. Thanks for the tip!

Hi ATL Cag's. I live here and would be interested in swapping a copy of MGS4 in mint cond. for a copy of Ratchet and Clank FTD PS3. I would prefer to meet up right here in Atlanta if possible. PM me if anyone is interested. The deal is very fair seeing as Ratchet was just clearanced to $15. (I just cant find the damn thing) TIA

[quote name='ccohen322']Hi ATL Cag's. I live here and would be interested in swapping a copy of MGS4 in mint cond. for a copy of Ratchet and Clank FTD PS3. I would prefer to meet up right here in Atlanta if possible. PM me if anyone is interested. The deal is very fair seeing as Ratchet was just clearanced to $15. (I just cant find the damn thing) TIA[/QUOTE]

Target did clearence R&C to at least $15 months ago, but now that it is a Greatest Hits game it is being sold again for $30.

Hello Fellow ATL CAGs, been a long time follower of this thread and have gotten some good deals from it unforunately I havent seen any myself but anyway.

I missed the used game sell at Hollywood last week and am looking for a Civ Rev for PS3 anybody seen one on the cheap lately.

TIA

Has anybody seen Riddick or Ninja Blade drop to 15 / 10 in the Kennesaw/Marietta area?

The stores I checked today still had them at 30/20

Since around July 19th, I've managed to score the following $3 to $6 DVDs at various Big Lot's (got most of them today):

Animaniacs Vol. 2
Flintstones seasons 1 - 4, 6
Johnny Quest (60's) season 1
Josie and the Pussycats complete series
Mission Hill
Murphy Brown season 1
Night Court season 1
Pinky and the Brain Vol. 2
Popeye vol. 1 1933-1938
Veroncia Mars season 2

Still looking for Flintstones season 5, and the other vols. of Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain

I'm also wondering why some of the DVD sets (Popeye, Flintstones seasons 1 and 2) are not shrink-wrapped? Returns?

[quote name='grundy']Since around July 19th, I've managed to score the following $3 to $6 DVDs at various Big Lot's (got most of them today):[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I need to go to Big Lots tomorrow. :O

There's a Saint's Row 2 guide at the BBY off Sydney Marcus in Buckhead. No MGS4 guides there, Snellville, or Pleasant Hill at 85.

I shoulda been checking out Big Lots. Has anybody seen any HBO sets or Blade The Series? Blade is definitely one of my top shows that died too early along with Jericho and Reaper.

The Cobb Parkway Target had a few We Cheer(s) for $9.98 as of yesterday. My 7 year old daughter loves it. It is a pretty well done beat game with licensed music. I also got her All Star Cheer Squad, but We Cheer is much better.

Ok, guys, so I'm selling some music/rhythm games on craigslist, and I thought I'd swing by here and let you guys in on the cheapass fun. I love you guys at cheapassgamer, so if you call or email let me know that this is where you heard about my sale. I am basically giving this stuff away!

Here's the link: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/vgm/1293476086.html

"Ok, so I am cleaning out my closet, and I need to get rid of these video games that have music controllers with them. I am not trying to make money off of any of this, I just need to get rid of it so I'll have more room. These music games are at crazy cheap prices and are basically a steal for anyone willing to come pick them up. I have the following items for sale:

1. Taiko Drum Master w/ drum controller (PS2) - $5
- This game is hard to find and extremely fun. A steal at $5.
- Comes with box/manual/etc. Basically everything. Almost new!

2. Guitar Hero II w/ guitar controller (PS2) - $5
- Sure, there are other Guitar Hero games out now, but if you're looking to get a cheap music game, then this is perfect for you.
- Comes with controller, game disc, game disc case, and manual. Great condition!

3. Donkey Konga 2 w/ 2 sets of bongos (Gamecube) - $5
- You get a fun rhythm game, with 2 controllers, so you're already set to play with friends.
- Only played for a total of 30 mins. All the boxes and everything still intact. Practically new! Also works with Wii!

So please come buy these music games. I am basically giving them away! Also, if anyone wants to trade all or some of these for a wired Xbox 360 guitar controller, that would be great too. Call (770.712.3754) or email ([email protected]) asap. Pictures available upon request."

If this is against policy or something, just let me know and I'll delete, but I figured you'd want to know about these cheapass games that I'm wanting to get rid of for anyone that is nearby.

-Rusty

[quote name='jdawgg76']There's a Saint's Row 2 guide at the BBY off Sydney Marcus in Buckhead. No MGS4 guides there, Snellville, or Pleasant Hill at 85.

I shoulda been checking out Big Lots. Has anybody seen any HBO sets or Blade The Series? Blade is definitely one of my top shows that died too early along with Jericho and Reaper.[/QUOTE]

I saw Blade The Series at the Big Lots behind BBV on Wade Green Rd.

[quote name='ev768']I saw Blade The Series at the Big Lots behind BBV on Wade Green Rd.[/QUOTE]Thanks, but where's Wade Green Road?

No Blade at the Lawrenceville Hway or Chamblee Tucker stores. There was some anime and a Pinky and the brain at the lawrenceville Hway store. Only Popeye at the other.

Alpharetta Fry's had some of the Li Energizer batteries with the Rockband codes. Even though the label says it expired on 6/1 the program was extended until 8/1 (tomorrow). I just redeemed so I can confirm that they still work.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks, but where's Wade Green Road?

No Blade at the Lawrenceville Hway or Chamblee Tucker stores. There was some anime and a Pinky and the brain at the lawrenceville Hway store. Only Popeye at the other.[/QUOTE]

Up in Kennesaw, exit after Chastain Rd on 75 North. Make a right at the light and it's on your right hand side at the next intersection.

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but the Alpharetta Fry's has 10 Street Fighter TE sticks for 360 (didn't check PS3, sorry) for $130 each, which is $20 off retail. Doesn't look like they are flying so fast, but it was nice to see one in person. I considered it buy my modded Hori EX2 is fitting the bill nicely for the time being.

Just in case any one is still looking, the Dallas Hwy Target has XB360 Riddick down to $14.98. I think there was only one left as of 3:30PM Also Wanted and Battlestations Pacific were marked for clearance. The latter was at $41.98, while Wanted was....I think $34.98, but I'm not sure

Also, if any one needs season seven of "Smallville" on Blu-Ray from the Big Lots sale, I found one that I'm willing to trade for:

Wonder Woman complete series
Powerpuff Girls complete series
Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour
Looney Tunes Golden collection vol. 1-5 (yeah it's a longshot, I know)
probably something else that I'm forgetting

Congrats to both of you on scoring Riddick, haven't played through my copy yet but I'm looking forward to it. Two great games for that price is an excellent deal!

[quote name='kitlink']Valkyrie profile: CotP (DS) is 75% off at the duluth best buy.[/QUOTE]

Were there many copies? Are they on a clearance rack, or what?
I guess that made it about $8-10?

[quote name='El Gray']Were there many copies? Are they on a clearance rack, or what?
I guess that made it about $8-10?[/QUOTE]

There were at least two on the clearance rack when I was there, and the total came to $10 before taxes.

Bought a 350 HAWX for $15 at the Camp Creek Marketplace Target. There's 1 copy left, along with a couple of Motorstorms (red boxes, $15) and a PS3 RB6 Vegas (I think it's 2 though not sure, for $20)

There's nothing newly stocked at the Hollywood Video on N Decatur. Seems like most of the same stuff from 2 weeks ago. I got the last ChronoTrigger at the TRU on Pleasant Hill. Has anybody seen any DVD sets at Kroger yet? Still hoping to find Blade or HBO sets.

BBY Preorder question:

Does any one know if BBY preorder bonus codes come in the little preorder boxes or is the code delivered when you pick up the game?

For example: I would like to buy the Uncharted 2 preorder from BBY for the bonus, but I do not want to have to buy the game to get the code (I do not want to pay full price for the game, I am a CAG after all, but I want to have the bonus when I get the game).

No new cheap DVDs at Kroger in Snellville.

There are only about 6 HDDVDs in stock at the Fry's on Pleasant Hill, Duluth. I remember The Thing, Bourne Identity, King Kong, Blades of Glory, Beerfest ($6) and a few others from the ad. What happened to the rest? That's the first I saw HDDVDs for 2.99 and up like a real sale on HDDVD there.

Also at Fry's for 360: Turning Point for 7.38.

[quote name='jdawgg76']No new cheap DVDs at Kroger in Snellville.

There are only about 6 HDDVDs in stock at the Fry's on Pleasant Hill, Duluth. I remember The Thing, Bourne Identity, King Kong, Blades of Glory, Beerfest ($6) and a few others from the ad. What happened to the rest? That's the first I saw HDDVDs for 2.99 and up like a real sale on HDDVD there.

Also at Fry's for 360: Turning Point for 7.38.[/QUOTE]

Wow, they had like 500 copies of over 20 titles last time I was in there; I wonder if they are selling to a clearance agent?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Wow, they had like 500 copies of over 20 titles last time I was in there; I wonder if they are selling to a clearance agent?[/QUOTE]That's what I was wondering cause like you I saw a ton of HDDVDs every time I was there as recently as a month ago maybe less. Remember how they were almost a whole row at the end by the door plus both sides of some racks usually by checkout? Now it's part of one side of one rack by checkout. I asked a guy stocking DVDs about it, but he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. Guess he only speaks Frynese I guess. Seriously though he had no idea if there had been a big sale or if they were shipped back.

Picked up a copy of Riddick Dark Athena (360) for $15 if anybody was still looking for it. PM me if interested. Can't think of anything in particular I'd want in trade so it'd probably be just the $15+shipping (depending on what part of town you're in, if you're really close we could just meet). If no one wants it I'll find something to do with it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I got the last ChronoTrigger at the TRU on Pleasant Hill. Has anybody seen any DVD sets at Kroger yet? Still hoping to find Blade or HBO sets.[/QUOTE]

No TV DVDs at either Kroger near me today (Edgewood and Ponce/Crackhead). If anyone sees an extra Superman:TAS S2, PLEASE grab.

How much is CTrigger going for at TRU?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='milmanias']Bought a 350 HAWX for $15 at the Camp Creek Marketplace Target. There's 1 copy left, along with a couple of Motorstorms (red boxes, $15) and a PS3 RB6 Vegas (I think it's 2 though not sure, for $20)[/QUOTE]

I picked up the other one :)

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Hey everyone, if anyone sees an NHL 09 (360) for $14.98 at a Target, please let me know.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

As of last night there was one at the Target at Camp Creek. The clearance stuff is on an endcap on the opposite side of the camera case from the isles with the games. I think it was hiding in the locked case at the bottom.

[quote name='neocisco']CML on the off chance you want something (or things) on it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see anything :cry:

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Thanks, Whisper. I don't think I'll chance it, since there is only 1 left and it's a bit of a drive for me.[/QUOTE]

There were a handful of 09 games so there may have been more than one. The one I know I saw was locked in the case in a stack of games that were turned so you couldn't see what any of them were. It was one of two 360 games in a stack of mostly Wii games. I'd say theres a good chance it'll be there.

[quote name='El Gray']No TV DVDs at either Kroger near me today (Edgewood and Ponce/Crackhead). If anyone sees an extra Superman:TAS, PLEASE grab.

How much is CTrigger going for at TRU?[/QUOTE]9.99 indeed.

bread's done
Back