Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Izod517']With my gas mileage, yeah probably. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Really?? What do you drive, out of curiosity. I have a tank, so gas mileage sucks for me, but I wouldn't want to put the miles on my car, even if the gas was free. Plus, that's practically a whole day's drive.

Seriously, though, try the Best Buys in Oxford and Douglasville first, before going to Marietta. That would save you at least an hour.

[quote name='Izod517']With my gas mileage, yeah probably. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]LOL at the reason for editing. My first use ever of LOL. Anyway, good luck I hope that works out for you. In my experience I've been denied the few times I tried pming a deal which includes a GC at Best Buy. So then I gave up on trying. Has that policy changed?

Also, if you drive all the way in to Douglasville, and they deny you are you going to just drive the extra 45 minutes (my estimate) to Duluth's Microcenter?

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Really?? What do you drive, out of curiosity. I have a tank, so gas mileage sucks for me, but I wouldn't want to put the miles on my car, even if the gas was free. Plus, that's practically a whole day's drive.

Seriously, though, try the Best Buys in Oxford and Douglasville first, before going to Marietta. That would save you at least an hour.[/QUOTE]

Seriously if you are driving that much try Kennesaw or Perimeter Mall BBy's first. Marietta is that last place I would count on.

Well I plan to try my local BB first, since I'm on pretty darn good terms with the management there. Just explain that I can drive an hour and get the deal. I drive some little Japanese car, but I've done a lot of modification to it (not ricerized, actually for performance). I'm probably running a little lean to be honest, but whatever, on highways I can hit 35 mpg without batting an eye. Secondly, I can't post in the trade threads yet, but in the Alabama Cags thread I've list my lot of classic games/devices for sale. It's a $250 lot for an SNES, Saturn, N64, Virtual Boy, and a ton of games even some rares like FF3 for SNES. So if anyone has any interest check out the thread since I'm likely headed your way next weekend anyways. Thanks again everyone for all the input, I'll let you know if it works out at all.

Bestbuy will PM GameStop right?

GS still has the RB2 set for $100 and BB and Amazon went back up to $130. I've ended up with $60 in BB GCs so if I get it at BB I'll only pay $40 if they PM. I'll prob just go to the one in Snellville unless anyone knows if that loc won't do it.

[quote name='neocisco']Just curious, how many of you have met other ATL CAG's and who were they? I've met guinaevere (sp?), kjauburn, CocheseUGA, chuckie88 and maybe 1 or 2 others that I can't think of at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Unless I didn't realize it at the time, I think that neo is the only ATL CAG I've met.
[quote name='Ubiiquitous']...I'm throwing this out there, although, I know it's a messy idea, but I'd like for all of us to get together at some point. Somewhere central to all of us, like in the city or close to it. For dinner, or whatever. It would be cool because we could also bring guides, games, or whatever for trading/buying and just have a swell 'ol time with it.

I know it's tough for a lot of you with families, jobs and what-not, but it wouldn't have to be a long meet-up and we could do it at the most convenient time for the majority.

*expecting nothing to come of this*[/QUOTE]
I'd be interested in giving this a shot. The logistics could be rough for such a varied group as I assume we all have wildly different schedules. Still, it could be worthwhile and if a meet-up is setup I'll make my best attempt to attend.

We've tried to foment ATL CAG meetups in the past, to no avail. The ITP/OTP divide was part of the problem, as I recall, as was the question of what we would actually do since the one thing we all have in common is video games and the best place to partake of that in this day and age is at someone's home. I suppose we could do it at Dave & Buster's or something, but I kind of hate Dave & Buster's. ;)

All that said, I would like to see it happen.

[quote name='Enron']I hate that best buy purely for that overweight creepy blond guy that works there that follows you around every two seconds asking you if you need help.[/QUOTE]

LoL, is his name Jeff?

[quote name='Tybee']We've tried to foment ATL CAG meetups in the past, to no avail. The ITP/OTP divide was part of the problem, as I recall, as was the question of what we would actually do since the one thing we all have in common is video games and the best place to partake of that in this day and age is at someone's home. I suppose we could do it at Dave & Buster's or something, but I kind of hate Dave & Buster's. ;)

All that said, I would like to see it happen.[/QUOTE]

Party at Tybee's house! It's on!

This may be a long shot but did any of the members here that are subscribed to the Banana Republic mailing list receive a 40% off coupon code they aren't using? (today only: 9/29) - If so, please PM me!

[quote name='Tybee']We've tried to foment ATL CAG meetups in the past, to no avail. The ITP/OTP divide was part of the problem, as I recall, as was the question of what we would actually do since the one thing we all have in common is video games and the best place to partake of that in this day and age is at someone's home. I suppose we could do it at Dave & Buster's or something, but I kind of hate Dave & Buster's. ;)

All that said, I would like to see it happen.[/QUOTE]

what about jillian's?;)

[quote name='neocisco']Party at Tybee's house! It's on![/QUOTE]

Great! Let me just tell my wife.

[EDIT] Any of you guys have a couch I can sleep on?

Anyone know someone in the metro ATL that might want to buy my 20GB Xbox 360 (Falcon motherboard), 1 wireless controller, wired headset, Fallout 3 and NCAA 10 for $175?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I have a Xbox 360 for sale on Craigslis if anyone is interested:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/vgm/1398859230.html

For sale is a 20 GB Xbox 360 in excellent condition. This Xbox has the falcon motherboard, so no Red Ring of Death and still has more than 18 months of warranty coverage left. Also included are:

1 wireless controller
1 wired headset
25ft Ethernet cable
1 6 foot HDMI cable
Halo 3 Collector's Edition
NCAA Football 10

[quote name='neocisco']guinaevere (sp?)[/QUOTE]My middle name has some silly spelling, but I prefer to think of it as unique.
tongue.gif
But Gwen always works. Or Jenny, if you prefer the first name.

All that said, I would like to see it happen.[/QUOTE]Honestly, the best way of getting this done, would be for one regular ATL Cag to simply set a date (give us all about 2-3 weeks advance notice) and a place. When we keep trying to organize and work out who can do where or when, nothing happens.

Set a time and place, and those of us who want to make it will try our best. I'm shy, but I'd love to meet up with everyone. If I have notice, I can schedule so long as I dont already have a prior commitment. And for me, the place doesn't matter. The meet up is going to be very close and convenient for one or more, for others it will be a longer drive; that's simply the way it is. Gas is cheapish these days, so now really is a good time to try this.

[quote name='guinaevere']My middle name has some silly spelling, but I prefer to think of it as unique.
tongue.gif
But Gwen always works. Or Jenny, if you prefer the first name.

Honestly, the best way of getting this done, would be for one regular ATL Cag to simply set a date (give us all about 2-3 weeks advance notice) and a place. When we keep trying to organize and work out who can do where or when, nothing happens.

Set a time and place, and those of us who want to make it will try our best. I'm shy, but I'd love to meet up with everyone. If I have notice, I can schedule so long as I dont already have a prior commitment. And for me, the place doesn't matter. The meet up is going to be very close and convenient for one or more, for others it will be a longer drive; that's simply the way it is. Gas is cheapish these days, so now really is a good time to try this.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so I had an idea I was going to post in this thread, and now with a possible meet-up happening, this is even more relevant.

Earlier today, I was thinking about how I wanted to clear out some of the space that my video games take up. However, I didn't want to take the time and money to ship them out to a bunch of people, and I didn't want to get crappy trade-in values from some gaming store.

So I thought that maybe we could do an Atlanta Video Game Swap-Meet. You could bring all the games/systems/peripherals you want to get rid of, and try and trade them for video game-related things you would rather have.

For example, I have the first X-Men Legends for Gamecube. Now, Gamestop would probably give me next to nothing for it, but someone who actually wants to play that game might give me The Incredible Hulk for it. Or I could trade multiple GC games for an newer 360 game, and so on. Now, I know there are ways to trade online by using this site or GameTZ or something similar, but this way you can have a face-to-face negotiation, not worry about shipping, and get rid of all the games you're never going to play again for games that maybe you never got a chance to play.

Anyways, let me know if you guys are interested, because I have a lot of good games I'm never going to play again that I would to swap with some fellow CAG'ers.

:bomb:[quote name='guinaevere']
Honestly, the best way of getting this done, would be for one regular ATL Cag to simply set a date (give us all about 2-3 weeks advance notice) and a place. When we keep trying to organize and work out who can do where or when, nothing happens.

Set a time and place, and those of us who want to make it will try our best. I'm shy, but I'd love to meet up with everyone. If I have notice, I can schedule so long as I dont already have a prior commitment. And for me, the place doesn't matter. The meet up is going to be very close and convenient for one or more, for others it will be a longer drive; that's simply the way it is. Gas is cheapish these days, so now really is a good time to try this.[/QUOTE]
I agree with everything said here. If it goes over well it might happen again, who knows. If everyone wants to maintain anonymity we could hold a costumes optional Halloween meetup!;) In all seriousness though, with a few weeks notice, I would make a legitimate effort to go. Place doesn't matter so much either. Schoolnights might be a little tough though as I get up pretty early during the schoolyear. I gotta' go wallow in semi-sadness now as my Wolverines just lost their first game this year in overtime to the Spartans.:bomb:

[quote name='guinaevere']

I agree with everything said here. If it goes over well it might happen again, who knows. If everyone wants to maintain anonymity we could hold a costumes optional Halloween meetup!;) In all seriousness though, with a few weeks notice, I would make a legitimate effort to go. Place doesn't matter so much either. Schoolnights might be a little tough though as I get up pretty early during the schoolyear. I gotta' go wallow in semi-sadness now as my Wolverines just lost their first game this year in overtime to the Spartans.:bomb:

I just wanted to finally drop a line and say hi to all the ATL CAGS out there. I just moved to the Cumming area and will be letting anyone know if I see anything of good value out there.

Just got back from a couple of Targets. I talked to the sales guy at the first one and it seems they are marking down a lot of electronics to make way for their Christmas inventory (everyone looked busy at all the ones I went to, marking down stuff). You might want to head to your closest one to check them out. Check the aisles as well as the endcaps. Most were running out of endcap space, so they were just marking stuff down and leaving it where it was originally at.

The only things of note:

Digital Camera Bags $5.XX - every location I went to had these.

Targus Computer Bags (carry on-no wheels) $6.XX - every location I went to had these.

Jabra Bluetooth 4.XX

Microsoft desktop 4000 wireless keyboard and mouse $16.XX (reg $64.99) - I only saw 1, which I grabbed

HP External DVD Writer (model 1170e) - $21.XX (reg $84.99) - I only saw 1, which I grabbed

First Act "Anvil Lavin (??)" White Signature Guitar combo with amp - $37.XX (reg $149). I picked up 1 for my kid's birthday (there were 2 left. GP location).

First Act AMP $14.XX - every location I went to had these

Personal Trainer Walking (Wii) - $24.98

Epson and HP Printers (anywhere from $24.xx-$54.XX) - every location I went to had some.

Most games dropped slightly (SFIV $19.XX) or were gone by time I got there. TW10 (Wii Motion version) didn't drop at all ($41.XX at all stores).

[quote name='freakord']anyone able to find copies of Demon's Souls? Checked the Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and BBV in Dunwoody but no dice :([/QUOTE]

i got mine yesterday via amazon :whistle2:D LE too, and wow the game is awesome. I would highly recommend pre-ordering from amazon instead of trying B&M stores (always an epic fail). and of course, ECA is always an awesome incentive :whistle2:D

[quote name='animemaniac14']i got mine yesterday via amazon :whistle2:D LE too, and wow the game is awesome. I would highly recommend pre-ordering from amazon instead of trying B&M stores (always an epic fail). and of course, ECA is always an awesome incentive :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

yeah, disregard. I just found it at Fry's. A 10 mile drive, but it's on sale for $50 and I have a GC :)

That's a nice price for the size. But Cnet wasn't crazy about it. Yesterday I saw they had the Samsung LNT 4671 46" for $999. I'm thinking about this one.

Oh, and by the way. This CAG is having a low-ball auction for Childs Play. He's got a wrasslin' ticket from the Georgia Dome signed by Rick Flair, and it has no bid yet. I thought maybe someone here might be interested since it was a local ticket.
Ticket Stub from WCW Monday Nitro at the Georgia Dome 1-4-99 signed by Ric Flair (WOOOOOOO!) –

[quote name='guinaevere']That's a nice price for the size. But Cnet wasn't crazy about it. Yesterday I saw they had the Samsung LNT 4671 46" for $999. I'm thinking about this one.

Oh, and by the way. This CAG is having a low-ball auction for Childs Play. He's got a wrasslin' ticket from the Georgia Dome signed by Rick Flair, and it has no bid yet. I thought maybe someone here might be interested since it was a local ticket.
Ticket Stub from WCW Monday Nitro at the Georgia Dome 1-4-99 signed by Ric Flair (WOOOOOOO!) –[/QUOTE]

Ah, the night of the Fingerpoke of Doom and the night WCW flushed themselves right down the toilet.

[quote name='freakord']anyone able to find copies of Demon's Souls? Checked the Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and BBV in Dunwoody but no dice :([/QUOTE]

Best Buy isn't carrying Demon's Souls, likely thanks to it being a niche title and its M rating. It's not even available on their website. Walmart lists it as "online" only and there's not a chance in hell any brick and mortar Target will have it.

Anyone know of any good deals for Left 4 Dead (360 version) in the Atlanta area?

I know MSRP is $29.99 now, but it'd be nice if there were an even cheaper option available somewhere via clearance or something like that.

[quote name='RBH']Anyone know of any good deals for Left 4 Dead (360 version) in the Atlanta area?

I know MSRP is $29.99 now, but it'd be nice if there were an even cheaper option available somewhere via clearance or something like that.[/QUOTE]
I know the Target clearance on it was over a month ago.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I know the Target clearance on it was over a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Target clearance copies are LONG gone. With L4D2 soon, I suspect it will get even cheaper, assuming you can hold out or don't want the sequel instead.

[quote name='Enron']Best Buy isn't carrying Demon's Souls, likely thanks to it being a niche title and its M rating. It's not even available on their website. Walmart lists it as "online" only and there's not a chance in hell any brick and mortar Target will have it.[/QUOTE]
FYI, someone on slickdeals posted that buynextgen.com has Demon Souls for $46.95 or the Deluxe edition for $56.95 with free shipping available on both.

The Edgewood Target has Tiger Wood 10 with Motion Plus for 41 bucks. Not a big deal but it's pretty much gone from retailers and is good way to get a free motion plus or discounted golf game depending on how you look at it.

[quote name='Enron']Best Buy isn't carrying Demon's Souls, likely thanks to it being a niche title and its M rating. It's not even available on their website. Walmart lists it as "online" only and there's not a chance in hell any brick and mortar Target will have it.[/QUOTE]

Frys might have it. They seem to get every release.

I suspect I know the result, but I'm going to ask anyway.

If you folks would be interested in hitting a haunted house or anything, please say so. I'm dying to do something and while I do have a nice friend, she's not into anything... er... fun? So yeah. Help.

I spotted 4 copies of Brutal Legend for the 360 at the Target by Gwinnett Mall (next to Babies R Us and across from Costco). They were sitting on top of the 360 display console, apparently no spot for them otherwise. The computer might not let you buy it until Tuesday, but it's worth a shot. I already have it preordered from Amazon with ECA and coupons and what not so it wasn't worth my while. Let me know if you succeed!

Yo,

The Wal-Mart on Mansell road in Alpharetta has a rack of 5.00 games. I picked up

NDS Advance Wars Day of Ruin,Fire Emblem
Xbox 360 Lego Batman,Eternal Sonata,Pure,Quake Wars
Wii Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility.
I also saw they had Teenage Zombies, Guitar hero II Aerosmith 2 pk, MLB 2K7,Peggle,pink pony something(lol Pink Pony),Robocop for regular Xbox, and quite a few more. Unfortunatly some associates were picking at it when I got there so you may want to hurry if you want anything good. Already out of Harvest moon...

[quote name='mazinga z']Yo,

The Wal-Mart on Mansell road in Alpharetta has a rack of 5.00 games. I picked up

Wii Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility.
Already out of Harvest moon...[/QUOTE]
dang!!!! Good score, Mazinga.

Off topic, love the name. My big brother had one of the Great Mazingas when we were growing up, that thing rocked. Even if he would shoot the hand missiles at my barbies. :bomb:

Microcenter in Marietta is carrying 1600 MS point cards for $12.99 and the 4000 MS point cards for $39.99.

[quote name='RBH']Microcenter in Marietta is carrying 1600 MS point cards for $12.99 and the 4000 MS point cards for $39.99.[/QUOTE]
Are you confirming they are back in stock? If so, how many did you see?

I have several people who have requested I pick some up for them is why I ask.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Are you confirming they are back in stock? If so, how many did you see?

I have several people who have requested I pick some up for them is why I ask.[/QUOTE]
As of 7pm today, they had around four or five of the 4000 point cards and three 1600 point cards on display.

[quote name='RBH']As of 7pm today, they had around four or five of the 4000 point cards and three 1600 point cards on display.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man.

Went to Microcenter Duluth, they still had the 1600 point cards for 12.99 and every game with an orange sticker was 50 percent off. Next time if someone else doesn't do it, I'll make a list and post it.

Well, I'll be damned. Was by the Duluth store at Sears getting them to pm Pinnochio BR to 7.50 and stopped by MC. They had a big bin in front of the register which held 12 month live packs, blister packs of the 12 month sub and 1600 point blister packs (old style and new style) which were clearly marked 12.99. I got three just cause deals on points are getting pretty rare. I saw several more in the bin, but with both 12 month cards and 1600 cards mixed in it was hard to tell how many of the 30 - 40 cards were which.

Here's the odd part:

ALL THREE CARDS I BOUGHT HAD GAMESTOP 19.99 NEW STICKERS ON THEM. THEY ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE SQUAREISH RED AND WHITE GAMESTOP PRICE STICKERS!!!!!!

EDIT: Just saw mazinga's post. Do yours have GS stickers too? Didn't know about the half off orange sticker deal. Oh well, most were probably still too high. Now I feel like I should stop by tomorrow. Fry's too as I need a SDHC card for my new phone and to see what they have on clearance.

bread's done
Back