Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Riverwood Target has some good music stuff

PS2 Band Hero for $40 (2 left)
X360 Beatles Rock Band for $10 (1 left)
X360 GH5 for $12.50 (2 left)
X360 GH:VH for $15 (1 left)

I was able to score a 250gb PS3 at the Best Buy in Buford. They looked like they were the only store, possibly in the entire state, to have one. I feel very fortunate because I had been looking all around for a week and they are definitely a hot commodity. The good thing about waiting 3 1/2 years to buy a system is that so many games are dirt cheap now. LOL......:)

Not as many as you'd think. They always go cheaper faster on 360. There are a handful of exclusives you can get cheap now like Resistance 1 & 2, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, motorstorm, MGS3, R&CF:ToD, Killzone 2, Lair (must download control pack and then it's much better), etc. I only have 3 or 4 nonexclusives and I got them on PS3 bc they were the cheapest first: Golden Axe $5 at HWV, Jericho too. And I got a cheap SC4 to play a friend who only has a PS3, but I already had it on 360 first. I can recommend any of those exclusives, although Uncharted is the best followed by RE2.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I was able to score a 250gb PS3 at the Best Buy in Buford. They looked like they were the only store, possibly in the entire state, to have one. I feel very fortunate because I had been looking all around for a week and they are definitely a hot commodity. The good thing about waiting 3 1/2 years to buy a system is that so many games are dirt cheap now. LOL......:)[/QUOTE]

I might be in the market for a PS3 later this year so I'm wondering how much of an advantage the 250gb would be over the 120gb(?). Obviously increased storage capacity but how likely would it really be that one would fill up the smaller drive? The price difference between the two is $50, correct?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Not as many as you'd think. They always go cheaper faster on 360. There are a handful of exclusives you can get cheap now like Resistance 1 & 2, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, motorstorm, MGS3, R&CF:ToD, Killzone 2, Lair (must download control pack and then it's much better), etc. I only have 3 or 4 nonexclusives and I got them on PS3 bc they were the cheapest first: Golden Axe $5 at HWV, Jericho too. And I got a cheap SC4 to play a friend who only has a PS3, but I already had it on 360 first. I can recommend any of those exclusives, although Uncharted is the best followed by RE2.[/QUOTE]

Funny, jdawgg, I got most of the games you mentioned. I bought a bunch of games and didn't spend more than $25 on any of them. It's a nice change because I remember buying the PS2 and Dreamcast day 1 and I only had enough money for a couple games.

Another fun fact is that I've had several of the penny guides for some of the games I just bought for at least 2 years now. Glad I can finally get some use out of them.

[quote name='neocisco']I might be in the market for a PS3 later this year so I'm wondering how much of an advantage the 250gb would be over the 120gb(?). Obviously increased storage capacity but how likely would it really be that one would fill up the smaller drive? The price difference between the two is $50, correct?[/QUOTE]

I can't completely answer your question, as I just got mine but I figured $50 for double the space is a good investment.

Honestly, though, the only PS3 in stock in Georgia was a 250GB one, so I didn't have a choice anyway. ;)

I was really fortunate because I just checked back on the Best Buy site today on the store locator and they are out of stock at the Buford store and everywhere again. What a difference just 1 day makes.

[quote name='neocisco']I might be in the market for a PS3 later this year so I'm wondering how much of an advantage the 250gb would be over the 120gb(?). Obviously increased storage capacity but how likely would it really be that one would fill up the smaller drive? The price difference between the two is $50, correct?[/QUOTE]

I have a 160gb hard drive in mine (original 20 gb) for the past year or so and it has about 60gb available. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182682 for an idea on install sizes. The majority of the stuff I have on there is dlc content for Rock Band. I also installed all games on it that has the option, even if I haven't played them in awhile, so I could always delete some if I needed space. If you were to download movies or music onto it, then it would fill up quicker.

You can get a 500gb drive on Newegg right now for $75 so I think the 120gb is the way to go. You can upgrade to a bigger drive at some point later if you need to, which will probably be even cheaper than $75 at that time.

Anyone know of a good deal for the 360 version of Final Fantasy 13 in the Atlanta area?

I just wish I hadn't missed out on the Kmart deal. :(

[quote name='RBH']Anyone know of a good deal for the 360 version of Final Fantasy 13 in the Atlanta area?

I just wish I hadn't missed out on the Kmart deal. :([/QUOTE]

sears has it online for $50. sorry.

[quote name='mitch079']I have a 160gb hard drive in mine (original 20 gb) for the past year or so and it has about 60gb available. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182682 for an idea on install sizes. The majority of the stuff I have on there is dlc content for Rock Band. I also installed all games on it that has the option, even if I haven't played them in awhile, so I could always delete some if I needed space. If you were to download movies or music onto it, then it would fill up quicker.

You can get a 500gb drive on Newegg right now for $75 so I think the 120gb is the way to go. You can upgrade to a bigger drive at some point later if you need to, which will probably be even cheaper than $75 at that time.[/QUOTE]

Good point. It's still going to be a while before I get one but I'll definitely keep this in mind.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I can't completely answer your question, as I just got mine but I figured $50 for double the space is a good investment.

Honestly, though, the only PS3 in stock in Georgia was a 250GB one, so I didn't have a choice anyway. ;)

I was really fortunate because I just checked back on the Best Buy site today on the store locator and they are out of stock at the Buford store and everywhere again. What a difference just 1 day makes.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind there are some PS3 games that you can't copy the saves to a new drive. Not sure which ones. So you may want to upgrade sooner than later or be prepared to lose saves if you have one of those games.

The vast majority of my games are for 360 and the 20GB I had originally filled up quick mostly with some DLC addons and one maybe two demos at a time. The 120 GB I have now has 30 GB left, but I have several shows on there and several demos and thanks to CAG I have a ton of games and I DL the free DLC beore it disappears. My 60GB PS3 seems to be filling up quicker, maybe due to having to install stuff for some games and all the patches and the like. I'm looking into upgrading the HDs for it and a laptop right now.

I bought a 250gb back in January because it was all that any of the Gamestop stores seemed to ever get in stock. I would have liked to save the extra $$, but I had gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and it had been too long since I played a RnC game. I had a ton of gift cards that I had gotten from every relative I have that asked me what I wanted for Christmas. With the $20 value for that list of crappy games a while back, and then the 50% bonus trade in credit thing as well, the small window of 25% and 10% off stacking online, and the deals with $10 gift cards I am still using credit and gift cards left over to build a library of great games for the PS3.

I do not think I have turned on the Wii (unless it was to let my kid play a game) since I beat new Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Galaxy 2 will change that soon I guess.

Sidney marcus target 360 games at 75% off:
Fable 2 Platinum 7.48 3 or 4 copies
Tetris Evolution 4.98 2 or 3 copies
Sonic Ultimate Collection 1 copy

Also, saw a PS3 Band Hero kit for 44.98.

Need to hit some Targets to look for a Tetris and Sonic in my area. What is the price on Sonic? Thanks

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'm looking for a cheap GH: Van Halen :360:
$14.xx or less.
Shoot me a PM if anyone spies one.[/QUOTE]
If you have prime or filler it's 14.98 on amazon according to a thread title in the main deals forum.

Yesterday a friend and I decided to go to BBV to rent a movie. At BBV we noticed they now offer BFBC2 as used. I grabbed the art box, opened it, and noticed all of them had the VIP code insert on them. My friend grabbed his phone, took pictures of the codes (4), grabbed a movie and left. When we got back, we tested out a code and it worked. I called another friend, she tested a code and it worked. Out of the 4 insert codes, 3 VIP codes worked (the other was redeemed).

Why the inserts of these used copies weren't taken out or redeemed yet was beyond me. I'm assuming these were either:

#1. Just put into the artwork/manual box now that they offer it used
#2. Recently sent from their warehouse.
#3. Gutted the new copies they had and are selling them as used
#4. They always been in the artbox, no one's ever checked that.

Just an FYI if you need a code, check BBV. This also could be a way of getting around this stupid "$10 online play" that's coming (especially if you have free game rental/coke rewards certificates).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CocheseUGA']Target @ Town Center had it's game section remodeled.

Good: it's an actual nice experience now.

Bad: almost zero clearance right now.[/QUOTE]

My connection at my local Target informed me they're big clearances will be in June once all the stores are remodeled (which is their main concern right now, hence why we haven't seen massive drops in the last 2 months).

Haven't been in a remodeled one yet. Are the TV's "wall mounted"?

I didn't really pay attention to the TVs, but I think so. The glass cases for the games are gone, and they are on racks that are the same size as the rest of the aisles. You can fondle the games in protective cases and look at the back. Games are locked in a cage behind so you still need assistance to buy one. But a much needed upgrade.

Seems CAG has been a bit quiet in general for me lately - but that may be b/c I haven't been actively hunting for deals as of late heh

I found my 75% off copies of GH:VH, DJ Hero, and GH5 last month, so I'm happy and set for a good while now (plus, yeah, the Targets have nothing these days).

OH, one thing of note-- I snagged a 2-pack of Belkin HDMI cables for $10 at the ATL Station store last week, if anyone needs some of those.

I got NO MORE HEROES 2 (via Goozex) and SMG2 (via Amazon) in the mail this week, too, so I'm set for stuff to play right now. :)

Wal Mart at Ashford Dunwoody Rd had

Skate 2 $10
Soul Calibur 4 $10
AC DC track pack $360 $10
Guitar Hero 2/Guitar Hero Aerosmith combo pack either $10 or $15

There were other titles but those are the only ones that stick out. I got Soul Clalibur 4 and Skate 2.

[quote name='Felder71']Dang, wish I could get over there for Skate 2. Not interested enough to make the drive. I have to think it's worth $10 though.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this helps you too much, but with the EDGE card, it's only $16.20 at Gamestop used.

I paid full price for it and feel it's worth it.

For all those who are abondoning their DVDs for BR:

pm_tradeuptobluray_100523.gif

Here's your chance to save some green when you go Blu at Best Buy.

Just trade in any DVD* and you'll receive a coupon good for $5 off the purchase of any
Blu-ray movie priced $14.99 or more.

But don't delay — offer ends July 3, 2010. Visit a Georgia Best Buy store near you for complete details.
*Trade in your original DVD (no burned copies) with the original case at the customer service counter and receive a $5 off coupon valid on all Blu-ray movies priced $14.99 or more. One coupon per transaction. Not valid with any other discounts or packages. Markdown taken from regular prices. Your original DVD must have been commercially produced and be with the original case. Unrated and/or adult movies excluded. One coupon per person; one coupon per transaction. Not valid with any other offer. Valid on in-stock Blu-ray movies only. No cash value. Good 05/30/10 – 07/03/10. Redeemable only at Georgia Best Buy locations. Not valid at Georgia Best Buy Mobile locations.

Hiya. Anyone had any luck finding a 20-dollar "Mass Effect 2" at a metro K-Mart? I called the one at 5597 Buford Hwy around 11 Sunday morning, and the nice fellow that answered the phone in Electronics said he'd just sold the last copy. Glad I didn't make the effort to drive.

Hey guys, I got an extra copy of 3d Dot Game Heroes that's still sealed. I was looking at selling it for like 30. Anybody interested?

[quote name='RoninChaos']Hey guys, I got an extra copy of 3d Dot Game Heroes that's still sealed. I was looking at selling it for like 30. Anybody interested?[/QUOTE]

think GS still has it for $30 w/$10 off coupon

For anyone near the Mall of Georgia, HTC is doing a promotional event for their Avia phone outside of the Best Buy location today. Let a rep tell you about the phone features for under two minutes, and they will give you a $10 Best Buy gift card.

Works well with the Blur deal going on, walk out of the store with the Blur game for about two bucks after the giftcard and coupons. I had no problem using both the RZ coupon and the mfr coupon at this location.

[quote name='jdawgg76']For all those who are abondoning their DVDs for BR:[/QUOTE]
Just know that the $5 coupons expire the end of next month. For those of y'all who buy movies all the time I'm sure thats no big deal. But for someone like me who hardly ever does, it's disappointing. The three coupons I have will probably all go unused.

Target BOGO Video Games

Does anyone want one of the BOGO video games from the Target sale this week? If so I would be willing to go in together and split the weighted cost (ie. $40 game and $60 game; each person pays 40% and 60% respectively).

I am interested in Borderlands 360, but not really anything else...

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Target BOGO Video Games

Does anyone want one of the BOGO video games from the Target sale this week? If so I would be willing to go in together and split the weighted cost (ie. $40 game and $60 game; each person pays 40% and 60% respectively).

I am interested in Borderlands 360, but not really anything else...[/QUOTE]

do they have this in this week's ad or something?

[quote name='guinaevere']Just know that the $5 coupons expire the end of next month. For those of y'all who buy movies all the time I'm sure thats no big deal. But for someone like me who hardly ever does, it's disappointing. The three coupons I have will probably all go unused.[/QUOTE]Bummer the coupons end so soon. I'm still keeping my DVDs for now for use on portable players, but there's one or two I might trade in for this. There are a bunch of good blus that hit 14.99 though. You really can't find anything? I'm tempted to get Die Hard 2 or Taken with $10 movie cash for $10.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I am interested in Borderlands 360, but not really anything else...[/QUOTE]Borderlands is awesome, especially if you like dungeon crawler/Diablo type games. I haven't seen anything from E3 last week, but I kinda thought they might announce a Borderlands GOTY with all the DLC there. There's gotta be one coming and it would be worth it to save on all the DLC.

[quote name='jdawgg76']You really can't find anything? I'm tempted to get Die Hard 2 or Taken with $10 movie cash for $10.[/QUOTE]
There are a few movies I'd like to pick up (wish they would put Finding Nemo, Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro on blu) but I I have to watch the $, I have a hard time buying a movie for $10+ when I'm only going to watch it once every three or four years.

A little update: :D

Target:
The Target on Barrett Parkway, East West, and 41 all have zero clearance games right now. This remodeling has killed the clearance sections.
I did notice that one of the B1G1 games at the East West Target was SC: Conviction. I don't remember seeing that one on the official list.

Sears:
Sears at Cumberland Mall was a disappointment as well the clearance consisted of a bunch of $20 and $30 run of the mill greatest/platinum hits. I spied Shadowrun for the 360 (I REALLY want to find this game cheap) but it was packaged in with Condemned for $30!!! What the Hell?!?

Best Buy:
Best Buy at Barrett Parkway and the one on 41 would not accept the Blur for $10 deal.

Walmart:
The Walmart on the East West had a good $5 dvd bin. Plus The Patriot on blu for $15, I picked that one up!

I hope this helps someone or at least saves you a trip somewhere! :D I will try and update everyone on the stores in my area somewhat regularly!

Requests:
If anyone knows of a Walmart that has the SOCOM w/ Sony Headset in stock I would appreciate it.

If anyone spies Oblivion GOTY, Fallout 3 GOTY, FF XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction,Bioshock 2, Alan Wake at a good price please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jdawgg76']
Borderlands is awesome, especially if you like dungeon crawler/Diablo type games. I haven't seen anything from E3 last week, but I kinda thought they might announce a Borderlands GOTY with all the DLC there. There's gotta be one coming and it would be worth it to save on all the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Borderlands is awesome. I haven't heard anything about a GOTY, but at one point there was mention of at least one more expansion pack. So, I'm crossing my fingers that they still intend to put it out.

Had no idea there was an ATL thread :D

I myself am representing the Clayton/Henry country area. Seems like I'm one of the few that knows about well known gaming deals around here haha!

Scored Blur for $10 at Mt. Zion Best Buy btw...

[quote name='Brain In Chains']

Best Buy:
Best Buy at Barrett Parkway and the one on 41 would not accept the Blur for $10 deal.

Requests:
If anyone knows of a Walmart that has the SOCOM w/ Sony Headset in stock I would appreciate it.
[/QUOTE]

RE: the Smyrna/ Marietta store on 41
You will not get any deals there- EVAH!
Seriously, the managers there are terrible. If the deal requires an over-ride it will not happen.

If a deal scans w/o one and you're there early you have a chance but I've seen managers tell employees to deny some deals that still scan.

I even got shot down on the Blur deal just trying to use just one of the coupons because as the manager said, "it's on sale; The coupon says it's not good when it's on sale."

Some of the employees there even "cherry picked" the bins the morning that the $10 game sale happened.

I've gotten a few pennied guides there, but they are pretty good about pulling them.

It's my closest BBY and I avoid it because it's a waste of my time.

Terrible.

I haven't seen any of the SOCOM HS bundles in a while but I will gladly look for you. I picked up one up during Target's clearance and it's a nice deal.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']RE: the Smyrna/ Marietta store on 41
You will not get any deals there- EVAH!
Seriously, the managers there are terrible. If the deal requires an over-ride it will not happen.

If a deal scans w/o one and you're there early you have a chance but I've seen managers tell employees to deny some deals that still scan.

I even got shot down on the Blur deal just trying to use just one of the coupons because as the manager said, "it's on sale; The coupon says it's not good when it's on sale."

Some of the employees there even "cherry picked" the bins the morning that the $10 game sale happened.

I've gotten a few pennied guides there, but they are pretty good about pulling them.

It's my closest BBY and I avoid it because it's a waste of my time.

Terrible.

I haven't seen any of the SOCOM HS bundles in a while but I will gladly look for you. I picked up one up during Target's clearance and it's a nice deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the employees there are generally worthless and or stragne. One of the guys in the Apple section found out I had a jailbroken iPhone and he kept hinting that I was pirating apps. Apparently that is all you can do with a jailbroken device :roll: Another time I had an employee ask me if I needed any help, I told him he did because he had a big earthworm on his shoulder.

There is one lady in the customer service area that is helpful and nice. I don't expect her to last to long at that store.

And thanks for keeping an eye out for me!

The Play N Trade off of Peachtree Industrial in Duluth is closing. I was eating an oreo blizzard and saw the "store closing" signs. What a shame. Any competition for GS is a good thing.

bread's done
Back