Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I have a like new PS3 160 GB that I'm looking to sell. I picked it up during that $200 Amazon lightning deal and after a few weeks of playing demos, I've decided I'm perfectly happy with just my 360. The hard drive has been wiped to a new state, everything has its original bags and boxes, and it hasn't been officially registered with Sony (like product registration). I'm happy to let it go for $160, if you can come pick it up at my workplace in Alpharetta. PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

[quote name='Shadow Blade']Has anyone seen Metro 2033 at Best Buy or Sears on clearance? I have been checking the stores near me with no luck.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I saw one this afternoon at the Kennesaw Town Center Sears.

Picked up Fire Emblem for $9.97 at the Sears on the corner of Johnson Ferry and Roswell in Marietta. It was still marked @ $34.xx though. They had at least two more copies if anyone is interested. They also had a few of the SOCOM Confrontation bundles marked at $14.xx.

Last chance on that PS3 before I put it on Craigslist. $160, like new, got it on Amazon lightning deal a few weeks back for $200 and changed my mind. Shoot me a PM if interested!

the Mcdonough Bestbuy has 3 PS3 Rockband Keyboards and a few Wii ones left. no xbox ones though, which is the one i wanted. i'll check the one in Morrow today.

**UPDATE**
Checked Morrow today, they have all 3! only looks like they have 4 more 360 ones left though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw some info online that mentioned that silver PS2 slims were $20 at Sears. Can anyone confirm this? If someone actually finds one, grab it for me and I'll pay you for it.

[quote name='Clown069']did anyone get in on the deals at Toys r us yesterday?[/QUOTE]

I did at the North Point store. I tried it on all the DJ Hero 2 bundles and their system said the coupon wasn't matching with the item. It ended up working on the DJ Hero 1 bundle that comes with the extra turntable.

[quote name='SeanAmI']I did at the North Point store. I tried it on all the DJ Hero 2 bundles and their system said the coupon wasn't matching with the item. It ended up working on the DJ Hero 1 bundle that comes with the extra turntable.[/QUOTE]

yeah i ordered the super bundle online the night before and they cancelled my order, i went to the store(morrow) and the guy said they had 3 that morning and sold them before he even came in. I ended up getting the GH:WOR Guitar bundle. i did slightly want DJ Hero 2, but i passed on it.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']I got 2 Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock game with guitar bundles at the Toys R Us in Fayetteville.[/QUOTE]
Damn I was going to head there later...did you see any other bundles, like DJ Hero?

[quote name='chrisd']BTW, the Borders book store on Ponce is closing. Some decent deals on Blu-rays and DVDs (and Books).[/QUOTE]

What % off are the BDs and DVDs?

[quote name='whisper22']Saw some info online that mentioned that silver PS2 slims were $20 at Sears. Can anyone confirm this? If someone actually finds one, grab it for me and I'll pay you for it.[/QUOTE]

whoa! can someone confirm this?

[quote name='El Gray']What % off are the BDs and DVDs?[/QUOTE]

Yesterday BDs were 40% off. DVDs 20% off. I'm going back there at lunch today to see if they marked stuff down any more.

Any other Borders locations in the area still open besides Ponce? My nearest one (near the AMC Parkway Pointe) closed back in the spring. I was able to take advantage in its final days however I can always use more books, movies, and music!

The problem with Borders is how expensive their stuff is normally. Even at 40% off you can get the BDs cheaper online.

The one in Snellville is still open for the moment.

[quote name='whisper22']The problem with Borders is how expensive their stuff is normally. Even at 40% off you can get the BDs cheaper online.

The one in Snellville is still open for the moment.[/QUOTE]
Went in there today, there's definitely not much worth getting (if anything at all) right now.

Probably going to Stonecrest on Monday, so I'll report back if I see any good deals @ Borders.

[quote name='whisper22']The problem with Borders is how expensive their stuff is normally. Even at 40% off you can get the BDs cheaper online.

The one in Snellville is still open for the moment.[/QUOTE]

I ended up making my first visit to the location in East Cobb last Friday as I was in the area for something else. I didn't pick up any BluRays but did grab a bunch of books. It was hard to say no to the graphic novels I grabbed. Being as I only buy comics in TPB and collected hardcover editions, a discount on sealed new ones that I want and can take home ASAP are nice. I think there is also one still open somewhere on the western outskirts, Paulding or Douglas counties maybe.

So Walmart pmed frys with no problems, Heavy Rain for $20! Also i saw the Kollector's Edition of Mortal Kombat was marked down to $65, i saw about 5 and they were all Xbox. This was at the Stockbridge store so it may be YMMV.

Hoping you guys can help me with something. I need to get a copy of the receipt from Gamestop from when I bought a 360 slim when they came out about a year ago. I need to be able to prove that I paid for it so I can get it back. It was too long ago for them to print it at the store. Anybody know anything that might help?

[quote name='whisper22']Hoping you guys can help me with something. I need to get a copy of the receipt from Gamestop from when I bought a 360 slim when they came out about a year ago. I need to be able to prove that I paid for it so I can get it back. It was too long ago for them to print it at the store. Anybody know anything that might help?[/QUOTE]

Credit card or Debit card statement maybe.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Credit card or Debit card statement maybe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have that but all it says is that I bought something at Gamestop. We traded stuff in so I only paid about $100 out of pocket. I need the Gamestop receipt that says what I bought.

you could try 1.800.800.5166. that's the game stop store complaint line but they may be able to help in some way. at least you could ask them, they should know store policy and if there is any way of recalling that transaction. which, unless you know the date (and you should if you have the credit card statement), I don't believe will be possible.you could try 1.800.800.5166. that's the game stop store complaint line but they may be able to help in some way. at least you could ask them, they should know store policy and if there is any way of recalling that transaction. which, unless you know the date (and you should if you have the credit card statement), I don't believe will be possible.

[quote name='jaideam']When all else fails I have pretty good success emailing the CEO and other top company execs[/QUOTE]

Does that mean you have an email address you could share? (in a PM of course)

[quote name='chuckie88']I ended up making my first visit to the location in East Cobb last Friday as I was in the area for something else. I didn't pick up any BluRays but did grab a bunch of books. It was hard to say no to the graphic novels I grabbed. Being as I only buy comics in TPB and collected hardcover editions, a discount on sealed new ones that I want and can take home ASAP are nice. I think there is also one still open somewhere on the western outskirts, Paulding or Douglas counties maybe.[/QUOTE]

The ones I know of that are left are Midtown on Ponce, East Cobb near intersection of Roswell Rd. and Johnsons Ferry, and Douglasville mall. There are probably a few others. Blu-rays dropped to 50% on Thursday, so I stopped by the Ponce location. Blus were already pretty well picked-over, but there was some good stuff left. I got the Criterion Blu of "Army of Shadows" for $20 and a hardcover copy of Nick Hornby's "Juliet, Naked" for $3 something. If this clearance runs like the previous round (I work right near Parkway Pointe, so stopped in there 4 or 5 times as they were closing), you may not see anything go for less than 50%. But who knows.

I don't but I'll share my methodology - basically you need to figure out their email format for whatever company you're dealing with. It's sometimes [email protected] or something, and finding out the format is going to be the hardest part but shouldn't be impossible with some persistence. Once you've discovered that you can just pull the company up on reuters and email away. I've done this w/Asus, UPS, etc. with great success. Best of luck

For example -
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=130125&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1591336&highlight=

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=130125&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1590611&highlight=

both appear to have corporate emails in there - cross reference with

http://www.google.com/finance?q=gme&hl=en

and you should score a few hits - be polite in the letter and just explain what you're trying to accomplish - I only attempt this after exhausting normal channels though. Again best of luck

I checked the clearance bins at Northpoint and Buckhead TRUs today. A few decent titles. Northpoint has a few ALPHA PROTOCOL (PS3) left for about $9, and Buckhead had one SOCOM: CONFRONTATION (?) w/headset for $25. I passed on that, but considered it. Northpoint also had one copy of LITTLE KING'S WHATEVER (Wii) for about $8.

I bought an Alpha P. and a $5 copy of SCENE IT for the Wii. Anyone else checked these out?

[quote name='Clown069']i may check Morrow Tru tomorrow, hope to atleast find a copy of Alpha Protocol.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing one copy for the ps3 at the northlake TRU. I picked up the last one at stonecrest, as well as dead space extraction, no more heroes 2, and enslaved (360).

So apparently TRU decided to try again with the Guitar Hero sale. It was in Sunday's ad and there was apparently also an email that says full band bundles are on sale too. Has anyone checked this out the last day or two? (specifically Stonecrest and Northlake) Supposedly BestBuy will price match the ad.

As of tonight, Northpoint has 2 beat-to-hell GH3 PS3 bundles, several GHWT PS2 bundles, and a few Band Hero PS2 bundles. And some POWER GIG sets. You want POWER GIG, right?

Remember that PS2 instruments work on the PS3, if that's all you're looking for.

Still some copies of ALPHA PROTOCOL (PS3) and DEAD SPACE EXTRACTION left.

Tucker and Buckhead TRUs are bare with only a PS2 Band Hero full bundle in buckhead. Meant to get a GH5 and/or WoR guitar bundle as that seemed cheap enough to get those games and have a backup guitar or two. Didn't think they'd go this fast, but both stores had signage up.

[quote name='whisper22']So apparently TRU decided to try again with the Guitar Hero sale. It was in Sunday's ad and there was apparently also an email that says full band bundles are on sale too. Has anyone checked this out the last day or two? (specifically Stonecrest and Northlake) Supposedly BestBuy will price match the ad.[/QUOTE]

stonecrest's isles were bare, except one dj hero and one band hero bundle, when I went there sunday evening. Good luck trying to find anything anywhere else. :/

Nothing left at Stonecrest except 3 Xbox 360 guitar bundles. I picked up the last one for PS3 today. Best Buy beside TRU has them in stock (band kits, guitar kits, and dj hero kits), but I don't know if they would price match since they're out of stock at Toys R Us (I didn't take the time to find out.)

bread's done
Back