Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='chuckie88']^Sucks that they were sold out Gray. Hope you were able to find one elsewhere. I'm not going for the XL model as I have the Zelda 3DS already. The larger size does intrigue me though and I'm interested to get my hands on one to feel how it compares.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i already have a Zelda one as well. Too bad we aren't getting that Pikachu one, Japan gets all the god stuff.

Well, the Milton store had 'em in stock, and I placed an order there. Now I just have to decide if I want to haul my ass up there to get it before they close today. SO FAR.

Price matched at Edgewood Best Buy! If you want the Fry's price, try the same trick at BB before the stores close tonight. I believe the Fry's price is a one-day sale.

[quote name='El Gray']Price matched at Edgewood Best Buy! If you want the Fry's price, try the same trick at BB before the stores close tonight. I believe the Fry's price is a one-day sale.[/QUOTE]

If i had the money i'd grab Mario.....Darksiders 2 broke me until next month.

[quote name='El Gray']Pretty good haul from the Northpoint Best Buy tonight:

Got the last copies of BULLETSTORM and RAYMAN ORIGINS [ps3] for $5 and $10 each, and got PROF. LAYTON / UNWOUND FUTURE for $10, too, leaving one copy behind.[/QUOTE]

I avoided calling to verify the stock check on Rayman Origins PS3 ( it said they did not have any) because I really did not want to drive to Best Buy after work with the traffic being worse again due to school starting. Unlike my wife, maybe you will appreciate my laziness :)

If you aren't a collector and want to sell it after playing it, let me know.

Not really gaming related but ATL related. A while back (years not months) an ATL CAG posted about a market research group in the metro area doing a study on soft drinks (diet colas or root beer I think). It was super easy; drove there, drank some liquid candy, gave an opinion on its flavor, got paid, drove home. Ever since I participated in this first one I have done a bunch more with various firms on a variety of things. Nice way to make some $ if they're doing it at a time when I'm available.

I got a call about an upcoming study in the metro area yesterday and I thought I'd pay it forward to the ATL CAG community that got me into the thing in the first place. There's a group out of Alabama called Nolan Research that's doing a music survey in the ATL area soon. They are looking for people that listen to Top40 and/or Country music in the ATL area. The Top40 one is being done on 8/28 and the Country one is on 9/6, both at 7pm at the Marriott Perimeter Center in Dunwoody.

You'll sit at a listening station and give your opinion on songs and go home with $50 for your trouble. They always want specific quotas of people in race, age, and gender groups so you may or may not qualify. I know that they are still looking for white listeners between 25-40 though as they mentioned it at the end of the call. Remember, they are looking for listeners of Top40 (something like 99.7 Q100) and/or Country (ex: 94.9 TheBull). If you're interested call them at 334.284.4164 and ask for Terry.

Sorry this got long, just want to help out some fellow ATL CAG(s) like I was helped out back in the day.:lol:

That sounds awesome Chuckie! I'd love to look into doing that at some point in the future. Is there a website or anything for more information or do you have to call their numbers?

This was the first time I was contacted by this particular company. They probably bought/exchanged my phone number from some other market research group I participated in before. As such I don't really know much about them.

They have a website that doesn't reveal much at: http://nolanresearch.com/
Also, here's the public contact info: http://www.greenbook.org/company.cfm/Nolan-Research

When I confirmed my participation yesterday they said that they would send me an email with details a few days before the study. If I get it earlier and it has more info, I'll be sure to pass it on. Hope it works out for you to go.

^Thanks for the heads up Clown, I was unaware of this. Looks like it has the potential to be a good time.
I'll let you know if the wife and I decide to go, a ATL CAG meet up is a always a great idea!:D

[quote name='chuckie88']^Thanks for the heads up Clown, I was unaware of this. Looks like it has the potential to be a good time.
I'll let you know if the wife and I decide to go, a ATL CAG meet up is a always a great idea!:D[/QUOTE]

No prob. I went this year and it was awesome. Though the Sheraton is a huge upgrade from the hotel in Peachtree City from last time.

TREJOOOOO. I would consider going just to meet him, honestly. I'm not much of a horror fan, though, so I dunno how likely my attendance will be.

Anyone else order the $15 KID ICARUS 3DS from Best Buy today? I snagged one mid-day. It had been unavailable earlier, but I guess they released some more for mail order.

[quote name='El Gray']TREJOOOOO. I would consider going just to meet him, honestly. I'm not much of a horror fan, though, so I dunno how likely my attendance will be.

Anyone else order the $15 KID ICARUS 3DS from Best Buy today? I snagged one mid-day. It had been unavailable earlier, but I guess they released some more for mail order.[/QUOTE]

Well good thing is it's only 20 bucks for a one day pass. i'm gonna be there all 3 days cause i'm a huge horror fan.

Nope i got Kid Icarus a long time ago when they did b2g1 on 3ds games. I did grab The Witcher 2 for 10 bucks though.

What's up my Georgians, gettin' back into video games again. If any of y'all game on PC, add me up on Steam!

Gonna be interesting to see how Black Friday is this year in Atlanta.

JDawgg77, also like my PSN account. In fact, all my gaming accounts are JDawgg77 across the board. I have Dirt 2, L4D1 & 2 on steam and that's about it that's multiplayer. No mic for my PC set up. I'm just getting back into PC gaming as well.

[quote name='MC Kage']Thread's really dead lol...[/QUOTE]
I know right! This thread was the thing that got me on CAG in the first place and now it reads like an empty room. This really is a case where the "good old days" phrase actually fits. At this rate we could host a ATL CAG meet up in a single booth at Waffle House.:lol:

On a gaming note, I'm ready to say goodbye to my PS2 as I've finally finished my backlog on it and no longer need it as an extra DVD player. I would much rather an ATL CAG get it then anyone else or Gamestop. I'm a big fan of local meetups for this kind of thing and have no problem driving to meet somewhere in the metro area. It's a slim model owned only by me (no smoking, no kids) and would include the original box and packaging, owner's manual, av cables and controller. It really could pass for brand new. I'd also throw in complete editions of MGS 2&3, the vertical stand attachment, and a PS2 and PS1 memory card with the system (all also in good shape).

The only other PS2 items I have are an awesome wireless Logitech controller, the steelbook collector's edition of Final Fantasy XII, and the FFXII collector's edition guide and artbook. All were bought new by me and are in excellent conditon (I even laminated the gigantic map/gambit chart 'cause I'm that much of a nerd). I would be more than happy to accept offers on just the system or all of it from a local CAG. I'm also open to trades (current gen/Blu's) in combination with or instead of cash and would be willing to drive to your metro area location. I would really like it to have a good home/owner, PM me with ANY and ALL offers of interest.

I know we really don't like to get the thread all jammed up with this kind of stuff but I figure it really is a ghostown and can't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't post much anymore because I don't really game anymore. I'll go looking for woodworking deals instead of VG or movie deals. I think my kids play my games more than I do.

Partially, the local deals have dried up. Target clearance is dead. Now everything is online or nationwide stuff. In general, not many deals to talk about when it comes to local.

[quote name='Felder71']Partially, the local deals have dried up. Target clearance is dead. Now everything is online or nationwide stuff. In general, not many deals to talk about when it comes to local.[/QUOTE]
It's true, most stuff is online/nationwide now. With Target clearance being gone, the demise of Circut City, and all of the video rental places riding off into the sunset there really isn't much left in the way of local deals. I think we'll just have to start using the thread as more of an all things Atlanta type thing (which we kind of already do).

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I should actually revive my sell thread and get rid of all these older games I never play.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of doing that too, I should create one of those sometime.:)

Does anyone know of any small independent game stores in the Atlanta metro area (out in the burbs, etc)? I'm looking for a place that sells arcade sticks - I want to get my hands on a couple before I decide to buy. Fry's and MC carry them from time to time (whenever a big game is released) but that's about it and neither have any at the moment.

[quote name='Felder71']Partially, the local deals have dried up. Target clearance is dead. Now everything is online or nationwide stuff. In general, not many deals to talk about when it comes to local.[/QUOTE]
Same for me. The target near me only has Harry Potter and NHL games on clearance compared to last year when I got the Black Ops Prestige Edition for 75% off. The Blockbuster and Best buy closed down in town so I usually just order online from Best buy since I don't want to always drive over to the one in Peachtree City.

[quote name='Enron']Does anyone know of any small independent game stores in the Atlanta metro area (out in the burbs, etc)? I'm looking for a place that sells arcade sticks - I want to get my hands on a couple before I decide to buy. Fry's and MC carry them from time to time (whenever a big game is released) but that's about it and neither have any at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any other stores besides those two that would have them, but I have a brand new TE round 2 for the xbox that I'm trying to sell.

The only independent ones I know of are CCGaming, some flea market stores, a store in Athens, and random PlaynTrades. Prices aren't really great at any though.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I don't post much anymore because I don't really game anymore. I'll go looking for woodworking deals instead of VG or movie deals. I think my kids play my games more than I do.[/QUOTE]

This, more or less. Kids rock your world, and video games for better or worse got bucked way down the list. I still play little bits when I can, and it's getting a little easier as they get older, but it's a challenge. To quote a spot-on This American Life segment, "It's not twins. It's two fucking babies at the same time." ;)

I think the death of local deals is definitely part of it too.

Threads back haha. I played alot of video games back in middle school mainly GC, then was on 360 from release to about 2010, got RROD'd 4 times so I just said fuck it & basically stopped gaming. I got a new laptop with good specs for making music last year, & for college (I'm at Georgia State), and figured why not and dropped some money for some good deals on Steam.

So now I'm basically just PC gaming, downloading everything. Much easier to manage & cheaper than systems for sure. Roommates got a PS3 but honestly its kinda shit besides the blu-ray lol...that's after a year of trying it out too, 360 is just is a better system imo. I'm enjoying RTS's alot too, which is something I'd never thought I'd really play that much.

Deals are definitely getting worse as time progresses...I used to go to Circuit City during Black Friday's and now they don't even have any stores anymore.

I saw the add on Steam, Kage. I'll keep an eye out for you. I block all .sigs on here, so I hadn't seen it there, sorry.

Uhh... anyone have a 3DS FRIEND CODE they wanna share? I am enjoying my XL so far-- KID ICARUS is pretty good fun.

[quote name='chuckie88']...At this rate we could host a ATL CAG meet up in a single booth at Waffle House...[/QUOTE]
Well after this little roll call I revise my statement to 2-3 booths at Waffle House.;)
Good to see that there's still a loyal CAG crew representing Atlanta.

I was mailed a promotional gift card for an Atlantic Station restaurant, Yard House.
Anyone been here yet and have an opinion on the place?

That's the new-ish burger place over near Publix. I haven't tried it yet. The menu didn't excite me too much, and I think I read some fair-to-middling Yelp reviews... so, not too eager to hit it up. Certainly worth eating there for free, though!

[quote name='El Gray']I saw the add on Steam, Kage. I'll keep an eye out for you. I block all .sigs on here, so I hadn't seen it there, sorry.

Uhh... anyone have a 3DS FRIEND CODE they wanna share? I am enjoying my XL so far-- KID ICARUS is pretty good fun.[/QUOTE]

4038-6326-9389

If you haven't picked it up already, I'd recommend getting Theatrhythm final fantasy.

[quote name='kitlink']4038-6326-9389

If you haven't picked it up already, I'd recommend getting Theatrhythm final fantasy.[/QUOTE]

i second that! picked up a copy with my b2g1 gamestop coupon..only problem i have with the game is that i haven't played through all the FF's and when you play thru the game..it ruins the ending of each and every final fantasy...so you have been warned..luckily i played FFVII first and realized this b4 continuing to other series'

[quote name='El Gray']I saw the add on Steam, Kage. I'll keep an eye out for you. I block all .sigs on here, so I hadn't seen it there, sorry.

Uhh... anyone have a 3DS FRIEND CODE they wanna share? I am enjoying my XL so far-- KID ICARUS is pretty good fun.[/QUOTE]

It's all good :cool:

I have to watch out for games that ain't Steam-compatible...it kind of bugs me now when I can't add activate on it lol. OCD organized like that

& I actually live at Atlantic Station lmao. That new burger joint Yard Burger is supremely overpriced...imo. Its ok for the money, if it was like $5 for a meal it'd be good.

[quote name='animemaniac14']i second that! picked up a copy with my b2g1 gamestop coupon..only problem i have with the game is that i haven't played through all the FF's and when you play thru the game..it ruins the ending of each and every final fantasy...so you have been warned..luckily i played FFVII first and realized this b4 continuing to other series'[/QUOTE]

Just concentrate on the on tapping and you'll be fine ;)

[quote name='MC Kage']...That new burger joint Yard Burger is supremely overpriced...imo. Its ok for the money, if it was like $5 for a meal it'd be good.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the notice, the Yard House website made me think that their emphasis was on having a bunch of brews available so maybe the food is secondary.
With average expectations it sounds like I won't be let down, lol. Plus, as El Gray implied, free makes anything taste better!:lol:

well i downloaded the demo for FF Theatrythm and now i have to go buy it...... guess i'll wait until they have another b2g1 so i can grab it with Kingdom Hearts and Mario Bros. 2. btw my friend code is: 0387-9104-0942.

[quote name='chuckie88']Thanks for the notice, the Yard House website made me think that their emphasis was on having a bunch of brews available so maybe the food is secondary.
With average expectations it sounds like I won't be let down, lol. Plus, as El Gray implied, free makes anything taste better!:lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol I think I'm getting mixed up. There's an actual place called The Burger Joint haha... just opened up too and I went to eat there with some friends, not 21 yet so I don't think I could get in to Yard House anyways.

Everything at Atlantic Station is overpriced tho at the end of the day lol. Its just nice to have Target/Publix a minute walk away.

[quote name='chuckie88']No worries guys, when I check the place out I'll let you know what it's like.[/QUOTE]

I am most interested in how the food is. They are going to put another Yardhouse a couple miles from my house at 400 and Old Milton. I know I will go for the beer, but I am hoping the food is a bit more upscale than Taco Mac pub grub. The tap list is pretty damn good at the one in Atlantic Station based on what they show online. I really like how they offer short pour options so you can try a few more things.

I want it to fit somewhere between Taco Mac and 5 Seasons so that I have close by options based on what I am in the mood for.

These trendy burger joints have been popping up in large cities for the past 5 years, and in Atlanta especially for the last 3 or so. I really like Yeah! Burger and Grindhouse, but all these other burger places are mostly the same.

Mmmmm...burgers.:drool:

I think that all the burger joints are a good thing. Places like Smashburger and 5 guys blow the doors off of a chain like Burger King. No contest!

Yeah! Burger is pretty good, one near IKEA where I'm at. Farm Burger is pretty good too but they're both pretty much the same.

5 Guys is overrated/priced as hell...I can stick with Steak 'n Shake and I'll be fine.

[quote name='jaideam']I like 5 guys but I absolutely despise their bun - I feel it compromises what would otherwise be a solid burger[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MC Kage']5 Guys is overrated/priced as hell...I can stick with Steak 'n Shake and I'll be fine.[/QUOTE]
I agree that the 5 guys buns pretty much suck. I don't feel that 5 guys is overpriced though. I find that the "Little Hamburger" there is a decent value and their fry orders are larger than any other place I've seen. There is more value for me because I pile on all those veggie toppings that cost me extra at some places. I also HATE cheese (I know, UnAmerican) and like that I don't have to pay to not have it there as I do many other places. The value isn't nearly as good for my wife though, she sticks with cheese and ketchup.
[quote name='MC Kage']Yeah! Burger is pretty good, one near IKEA where I'm at. Farm Burger is pretty good too but they're both pretty much the same.[/QUOTE]

I've heard good things about these two, they are on my list for places to try. Ever had a burger at THE VORTEX? I think those are outstanding!

bread's done
Back